Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

9 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

@themarchioness hahaha im not sure how u feel about spoiler....so if you like it ....u can join us in the discord, we have a channel for spoiler hahahah 😄 

Oh, I watch up to where YouTube/Viki have released eps... and then I go and skim the released advance eps and spoil myself.  So, I’m already spoiled — and know I’ve a lot to look forward in the next few days! Haha. (Do not have a discord account)

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

20 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Oh, I watch up to where YouTube/Viki have released eps... and then I go and skim the released advance eps and spoil myself.  So, I’m already spoiled — and know I’ve a lot to look forward in the next few days! Haha. (Do not have a discord account)

hahahhaa okie....cause i try not to reveal too much as some ppl love to find out every knock and turn themselves hahahaha....

im honestly so looking forward to tonight episodes 😄 

LingXiao is one smooth talker and he is moving in for the kill 

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Omg it’s a combination of all the things I love. Wang Yibo and the cast of Go Ahead, as they guest on Day Day Up!

https://mobile.twitter.com/uniq5s/status/1297559576670162944

dont you just love it when all the things you love are in the same frame??? 😄 hehehe reposting the preview from @Lynne here hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I'm loving this drama so much, but I'm still on like episode 10, wanting to catch up but also afraid of finishing it. 

you're good to watch it slow.....dont be like us....we are basically almost glue to the screen and rewatch every single clips we managed to get our hands on hahahhaa

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Edit 2: I'm on episode 5 now. 

i know right!!!.....

i just want to say kudos to both Father Li & Father Ling, they brought up the kids to be a good kid after all

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i know right!!!.....

i just want to say kudos to both Father Li & Father Ling, they brought up the kids to be a good kid after all

I am slowly catching up. I am on episode 10. I understand why my best friend stayed up until 6am now. 😂

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I am slowly catching up. I am on episode 10. I understand why my best friend stayed up until 6am now. 😂

wow.....some dedication your friend have hahahahaha 😄 

tell her there a crazy bunch of us in here too....that we are going gaga on this particular series.....i must at least watch some clips when i first open my eyes and before i close my eyes for slips i must re-watch some too.....hahahaha....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

tell her there a crazy bunch of us in here too....that we are going gaga on this particular series.....i must at least watch some clips when i first open my eyes and before i close my eyes for slips i must re-watch some too.....hahahaha....

cough.. cough.... 

Me : RIP Phone memory due to excessive downloading of spoilers. 

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Lynne said:

cough.. cough.... 

Me : RIP Phone memory due to excessive downloading of spoilers. 

Your phone can’t die! It needs to be able to receive all my messages where I flail excitedly over this drama. 

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Most of you knows i dislike MY after finding out on her infatuation on LingXiao....no of course not because she hasnt got the right to like a guy....who dont?

LingXiao is smart, handsome and very much doted on his sister **ahem** a very caring guy .....i would too....

anyway ..... before i divert from what im about to say.....after watching the episodes yesterday night.....i can say i feel sorry for MY, however if she wasnt too blind, and to caught up with her own feeling and analyze it better, i think she could had seen the signals all over it which most of us had caught it right from the beginning

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

.i can say i feel sorry for MY, however if she wasnt too blind, and to caught up with her own feeling and analyze it better, i think she could had seen the signals all over it which most of us had caught it right from the beginning

I have to disagree with this because the only reason we (the viewers) have been able to see the "obvious" signals is because we have a broader view of the story and its characters.  The characters in the drama do not enjoy that same benefit; namely, they do not get to see what LX is thinking like we do, which is why none of them have figured out how he feels (except probably his mom and maybe the dads, but we’ll have to see about that).

From MY's perspective, LX is just her best friend's older brother.  It's impossible for her at this point in the story to imagine that LX would have feelings for JJ because the only context in which she has known them has been as siblings.  That's how LX and ZQ are introduced to her and that's how she's lived with the three siblings all these years.  That's why when LX does things like reaching out to her for information on JJ, MY's not going to connect to the dots and think, "Oh!  He's got a crush on JJ."  Rather, she's going to think, "Oh, he's keeping tabs on his little sister."  Notably, at this point in the story, even JJ would think the same way as MY.  An example of that is when MY talks to FXX and finds out that LX's in love with someone he went to school with and who's two years younger; naturally, she thinks of herself.  Because apart from JJ, his “sister,” she’s the only other female he talked/talks to.  Even JJ says the same thing when she and MY leave the dentists' office together. 

I think sometimes we have to put ourselves in the shoes of the characters to better understand what they're thinking and why they make the choices that they do.  If we try to understand them from our own viewers' perspective that's not really fair because we necessarily know more than they do. 

MY's current confusion over where where people's true affections lie is very understandable.  We can blame the siblings for that -- they're so close they've made everyone confused, LOL.  After all, even JJ and ZQ will end up confused about their feelings and if they're confused, why would we expect MY to be able to figure it out?  The only person who is clear-headed in all of this is LX (and the viewers) and that's because they are his own feelings (and the viewers are privy to them). 

When it comes to deciding whether to like MY, I think the better question to consider is: Is MY the type of character who would hurt or backstab JJ?  Answer: No.  These women are thick as thieves and like sisters.  I'm sure if she'd had any idea from the beginning of how LX really felt, MY would've steered clear.  The problem is she didn't and so this fantasy has been allowed to build over nine years.  Honestly, sometimes I actually feel more frustrated with LX because if he was perceptive enough to figure out back in high school that MY had a crush on ZQ, surely he should have been able to figure out how MY felt about him.  And yet, instead of maintaining distance and discouraging MY, he's kept in touch with her so that he would have access to information about JJ. 

Also, to make clear, it's not that I think MY is any sort of saint or anything like that.  I just think she's human and flawed, like all of us.  I also experience my share of frustrations with her, but it's just more in a facepalm-y sort of way because I know when everything is finally revealed, she's going to fall and she's going to hurt.  I ache thinking about the turmoil that her friendship with JJ will go through, and just, well, everything.  But that's also life and I'm confident that by the end of this drama all our beloved characters will have worked through their problems to find happiness.

[And zomg... I should really be sleeping right now... 😂]

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2

My Fanfics

6 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I have to disagree with this because the only reason we (the viewers) have been able to see the "obvious" signals is because we have a broader view of the story and its characters.  The characters in the drama do not enjoy that same benefit; namely, they do not get to see what LX is thinking like we do. 

this is where we are going to stand on the opposite, cause to be honest....i never seen any siblings act that way....i have 2 brothers....they were never like that to me.....

u dont ask your sister to act coy, besides the only conversation both LingXiao & MingYue ever had was all about JianJian......and when she tried to talk to him about things.....he told her 

'sorry i would really love to sleep now'

9 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

After all, even JJ and ZQ will end up confused about their feelings and if they're confused, why would we expect MY to be able to figure it out?

lols i like to defend LX on this.....he had thought and seen MingYue was interested in ZiQiu, and he had probably file it off as such, and he offer his slight friendship towards MingYue was mainly because of JianJian and he didnt really look further to see that MingYue is interested in him.....who would have know because of couple of words LingXiao said to MingYue when ZiQiu went off on her because she told both JianJian and LingXiao that the donor came to visit him at the school

however i do agree that later on, he should had felt more.....it was obvious to all that she is infatuated with him......sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

13 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

When it comes to deciding whether to like MY, I think the better question to consider is: Is MY the type of character who would hurt or backstab JJ?  Answer: No.  These women are thick as thieves and like sisters.

no my issues with MingYue wasnt because she backstab JianJian.....my issues with her mainly was that i felt she use JianJian as a bridge between her and LingXiao that was my only main issue with her and how i dislike it......

it made me question her real concern and cares for JianJian, when she care for JianJian, she wasnt seeing herself as JianJian's friend, she was seeing herself as JianJian's sister in law.....not something i want 😕

19 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Also, to make clear, it's not that I think MY is any sort of saint or anything like that.  I just think she's human and flawed, like all of us.  I also experience my share of frustrations with her, but it's just more in a facepalm-y sort of way because I know when everything is finally revealed, she's going to fall and she's going to hurt.  I ache thinking about the turmoil that her friendship with JJ will go through, and just, well, everything.  But that's also life and I'm confident that by the end of this drama all our beloved characters will have worked through their problems to find happiness.

however i think the last scenes when she saw LingXiao kissing JianJian.....i really felt bad for her....its not easy however i think this is for the best and maybe her moving away from them to Beijing might actually help to salvage the friendship between her and JianJian, as no matter what I dont want their friendship broken....

lets blame LingXiao a lil for this shall we? 😄 and my dear get to bed lols

• Like 1
5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

this is where we are going to stand on the opposite, cause to be honest....i never seen any siblings act that way....i have 2 brothers....they were never like that to me.....

u dont ask your sister to act coy, besides the only conversation both LingXiao & MingYue ever had was all about JianJian......and when she tried to talk to him about things.....he told her 'sorry i would really love to sleep now'

I've got brothers too and, I agree with you, the relationships I have with my siblings are nothing like the ones in this drama!  That said, this only highlights my previous point which is that we can't judge the actions of the characters in this drama based our own experiences.  We should be viewing them through theirs and for them, this is their normal (even JJ and ZQ don't bat an eye when LX asks JJ to act cute for him), which is why nobody has really questioned things this far.  

Spoiler

[Putting this point under a cut b/c it's a spoiler for anyone following only the YT/Viki episodes] Zhuang Bei appears to be the first one (from their generation, at least, as the neighborhood aunties have already started their meddling) to suggest that there could be something more between the siblings.  But apart from him, it doesn't seem like anybody else has picked up on LX's feelings.  Not TC, not JJ, and not ZQ, so again, why do we expect more from MY?  

lols i like to defend LX on this.....he had thought and seen MingYue was interested in ZiQiu, and he had probably file it off as such, and he offer his slight friendship towards MingYue was mainly because of JianJian and he didnt really look further to see that MingYue is interested in him.....who would have know because of couple of words LingXiao said to MingYue when ZiQiu went off on her because she told both JianJian and LingXiao that the donor came to visit him at the school

however i do agree that later on, he should had felt more.....it was obvious to all that she is infatuated with him......sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't blame LX for offering comfort to MY that day.  As you stated, the only reason he did it was because he'd picked up on  her interest in ZQ and was being kind.  It's also the sort of kindness we would expect from any of the three siblings.  Who would've expected, indeed, that the one conversation would have her turning her heart so quickly?  (Ah, fickle hearts of young teens.)  But definitely after that, LX should've picked up on her infatuation for him when he was able to so easily feel it when it was directed towards ZQ.  

no my issues with MingYue wasnt because she backstab JianJian.....my issues with her mainly was that i felt she use JianJian as a bridge between her and LingXiao that was my only main issue with her and how i dislike it......

it made me question her real concern and cares for JianJian, when she care for JianJian, she wasnt seeing herself as JianJian's friend, she was seeing herself as JianJian's sister in law.....not something i want 😕

Honestly, I don't really see this and how MY feels about JJ is not something I have ever felt concerned about because I think the friendship she offers to JJ is genuine and sincere, and would be the same even if LX wasn't JJ's "brother."  It's not like she's been hanging out with JJ all these years in order to send updates to LX.  Rather, it's because of their friendship that LX was able to tap into it to get those updates.  And when MY mutters to herself that of course she should help LX because one day she'll be JJ's sister-in-law, those are comments made in the context of how she relates to LX, not JJ.  

We've seen but a sliver of MY and JJ's relationship because the point of this drama is the siblings, not them, but I sincerely doubt those two girls have spent the last 9 years growing up together and now living together only because MY was interested in JJ's brother.  I'm not going to disagree that being friends with JJ gives her access to LX, but it seems more like a fringe benefit for her than anything else.  And really, it's a fringe benefit that is only go to blow up in her own her when she realizes how all these years LX has been interested in JJ in that way.

• Like 3

My Fanfics

Hi Friends!!!

I am new to this forum. Just joined this forum to discuss my latest obsession- Go Ahead drama.

Interesting discussion is going on regarding MY's crush on LX. I will put my 2 cents in.

Initially I had no issue with MY having a crush on LX when he returned back to China. He made a positive impression on her during highschool, kept in touch with her minimally & she at least considered herself to be his friend. But she was in touch with the fact that it was a one-sided crush from her side. However as time passed she started weaving dreams for which LX had not given her any special signals. She started seeing herself as his future wife & LJJ as her SIL.

LX did not behave with her in anyway which would indicate that he has romantic intentions towards her.

The only topic that they ever talk about is LJJ. It was ok that LJJ was the only topic that they discussed when he was away- it might give impression that he had not wanted to start anything with MY while he was not in the country. But even after returning all their interactions have been about LJJ. If a person is interested in you, they are interested about everything in your life. But LX never shows any interest in her personal life- personal or professional. Even if LX didn't have any feelings for LJJ, his actions can't be misconstrued by MY as him having romantic interest in her. 

MY is the one who calls him to offer help, offers him rides, requests him to treat her for her help with LJJ. LX never initiates anything with her. So I am amazed at her confidence in believing that she must be the girl whom LX has interest in after hearing some half baked info from his dentist colleague who is practically a stranger. Granted she & even LJJ do not think of LJJ as an option, but her easily allowing herself to believe that she is the only girl who matches that info is taking things too far. It's not as if brothers tell their sister everything about their lovelife. So her believing that LX reciprocates her crush even without LJJ in picture is a little too self indulgent.

I would also like to point out an observation about her perception of LX-LJJ relationship after repeat viewing of episodes. In the highschool days she many times was giving LJJ the reminder that though LX & ZQ were raised together with her as siblings, they were not real siblings. Both of them have their own biological families who might have an even greater claim on them. She had said that she wished she would have brothers like LJJ's but she really didn't want them as her brothers. Also since the time she developed a crush on LX, she always defennds his decisions. She doesn't act as LJJ's friend first. All her efforts to reunite her with her brothers for her own good are also concentrated towards LX. ZQ doesn't even rate a mention in her arguments. These actions makes her come across as one of those annoying girls who only befriend a girl to get close to her love interest. 

Though ZQ & LJJ always behaved like typical brother & sister with rough housing involved, LX always acted towards LJJ like an indulgent boyfriend. MY changes her view of the LX-LJJ interactions as per her convenience. On one-side she covets the way LX treats LJJ in her own romantic relationship with him but on the other side she dismisses them as his brotherly actions towards LJJ. You can't have it both ways. I think if she personally did not have any crush on LX, she would have figured LX's feelings for LJJ a long time ago. She has the most clues- he was in touch with her to get updates on LJJ, demanded her photos, only talked with her about LJJ fondly, returned with intention to live across LJJ. No sibling does that to such an extent. I think once she sees LX kissing LJJ, her mind will definitely consider these points as clues. 

I am more interested in how she behaves with LJJ once she realises that LX loves LJJ. Even her mother always praises LJJ. So whether she will allow her heartbreak to turn into resentment for LJJ remains to be seen. I certainly hope that her friendship with LJJ is more important than her own crush on LX. But I can't be confident about it as she has never been without a crush on either ZQ or LX during her entire friendship with LJJ. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

(even JJ and ZQ don't bat an eye when LX asks JJ to act cute for him), which is why nobody has really questioned things this far.  

actually i kinda felt MY was surprised when LX ask JJ to act coy with him, and it was cringe worthy....lols....anyway we're not going to see the light to keep on about MY....i feel sorry for her....however i would really prefer her to be honest about it from the start.....

like u say teenagers always change their crush.....

But definitely after that, LX should've picked up on her infatuation for him when he was able to so easily feel it when it was directed towards ZQ.

only excuse is....he probably couldnt felt it....since he doesnt really spend times with MY unless JJ is there.....the only times he spend times alone with MY was when he was going off the SG 9 years ago and told MY to take better care of JJ and then again...when he was bk and MY pick him up at the airport and he help her with one of her interview thing.....

and later when MY confessed for real....hahahaha...

are we giving away too much spoiler? 😄 hahahahahaha

We've seen but a sliver of MY and JJ's relationship because the point of this drama is the siblings, not them, but I sincerely doubt those two girls have spent the last 9 years growing up together and now living together only because MY was interested in JJ's brother.  I'm not going to disagree that being friends with JJ gives her access to LX, but it seems more like a fringe benefit for her than anything else.  And really, it's a fringe benefit that is only go to blow up in her own her when she realizes how all these years LX has been interested in JJ in that way.

no she most probably will be get an assignment else to stay away if i wasnt wrong or didnt read wrongly some where else.....

anyway im glad that at least it was till she was in her 30s for her to realize that LX was never interested in her....at least that cats is out of the bag for now.....

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I am new to this forum. Just joined this forum to discuss my latest obsession- Go Ahead drama.

Interesting discussion is going on regarding MY's crush on LX. I will put my 2 cents in.

welcome abroad :) 

well about MY, i want to leave it there.....it was a crush that ended badly for her......most probably she will get an assignment else where ....

from i can see she will most probably stay as friend and will not turn into an enemy at all.....

@themarchioness will be glad :) i have full confidence that she will not turn into a fren-my too :) bottom of the lines im glad that she will still be friends with JianJian and all that and i know JianJian didnt want to see her being hurt either

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

MY is the one who calls him to offer help, offers him rides, requests him to treat her for her help with LJJ. LX never initiates anything with her. So I am amazed at her confidence in believing that she must be the girl whom LX has interest in after hearing some half baked info from his dentist colleague who is practically a stranger. Granted she & even LJJ do not think of LJJ as an option, but her easily allowing herself to believe that she is the only girl who matches that info is taking things too far. It's not as if brothers tell their sister everything about their lovelife. So her believing that LX reciprocates her crush even without LJJ in picture is a little too self indulgent.

I would also like to point out an observation about her perception of LX-LJJ relationship after repeat viewing of episodes. In the highschool days she many times was giving LJJ the reminder that though LX & ZQ were raised together with her as siblings, they were not real siblings. Both of them have their own biological families who might have an even greater claim on them. She had said that she wished she would have brothers like LJJ's but she really didn't want them as her brothers. Also since the time she developed a crush on LX, she always defennds his decisions. She doesn't act as LJJ's friend first. All her efforts to reunite her with her brothers for her own good are also concentrated towards LX. ZQ doesn't even rate a mention in her arguments. These actions makes her come across as one of those annoying girls who only befriend a girl to get close to her love interest. 

Welcome, @Lodestar!  And welcome to the great debate, haha.

I think MY's problem is -- similar to how JJ phrased it, "If not her, who else?"  LX literally only talks to two women: JJ and MY.  Since everyone (but him) operates under the assumption that he thinks of JJ as a sibling, that only leave her.  It's pretty easy, then, for her to wallow in her delusions that it must be she who LX is interested in.  Adding to all that, I think it's also pretty normal for someone to perceive things in certain ways because in their heart of hearts that's how they would like it to be.  It's like you can't help but wish for it to be that way.  

Those moments are, admittedly, the ones where I'm facepalming the most and telling MY that she can't be that way.  But as frustrated as I might feel, I get it too.

As for your other point, I hear what you're saying and I guess what it still comes down to (for me, at least) is she's not being malicious.  She's not hurting anybody else.  And, in fact, the only person who will end up hurting is herself.  I can be annoyed, I can be frustrated, but I'm not going to hate her for that.  

24 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I am more interested in how she behaves with LJJ once she realises that LX loves LJJ. Even her mother always praises LJJ. So whether she will allow her heartbreak to turn into resentment for LJJ remains to be seen. I certainly hope that her friendship with LJJ is more important than her own crush on LX. But I can't be confident about it as she has never been without a crush on either ZQ or LX during her entire friendship with LJJ. 

i think there's going to be a lot of embarrassment on MY's part and it's going to be rough going.  Definitely something for them to work through.  Hopefully there won't be any resentment!  But I've faith in their relationship that their friendship will win over any feelings that she had for LX.  If she took the time to sit back and think about it, she'd realize it's just an infatuation and she doesn't really know LX as well as she thinks she does.  

22 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

no she most probably will be get an assignment else to stay away if i wasnt wrong or didnt read wrongly some where else.....

Beijing would be a convenient way for MY to escape and so it's a definite possibility.  Actually, something I've been wondering for a while now is whether there would be another time jump.  If I remember correctly it was 1999 the year the boys graduated and left, so now it would be 2018.  Now that things are unfolding the way things are, my wondering about a time jump has only increased because MY returning from Beijing two years later would bring us to the present.

Anyway... I have no idea why we have diverted to talking so much about MY, LOL.  There's so much other stuff to talk about with this drama as well, haha!  

• Like 3

My Fanfics

2 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Anyway... I have no idea why we have diverted to talking so much about MY, LOL.  There's so much other stuff to talk about with this drama as well, haha! 

hahaha actually maybe we just want to get this off our chest and let the character has a better exit?

i mean i had been cursing her a lot hahahaha and suddenly i felt bad when i saw her devastated when the bubble was burst that she isnt the 'one' for the one person she had been crushing on for over 9 years...

9 years is sure a long long times to spend ur energy on someone after all....

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Welcome, @Lodestar!  And welcome to the great debate, haha.

I think MY's problem is -- similar to how JJ phrased it, "If not her, who else?"  LX literally only talks to two women: JJ and MY.  Since everyone (but him) operates under the assumption that he thinks of JJ as a sibling, that only leave her.  It's pretty easy, then, for her to wallow in her delusions that it must be she who LX is interested in.  Adding to all that, I think it's also pretty normal for someone to perceive things in certain ways because in their heart of hearts that's how they would like it to be.  It's like you can't help but wish for it to be that way.  

Those moments are, admittedly, the ones where I'm facepalming the most and telling MY that she can't be that way.  But as frustrated as I might feel, I get it too.

As for your other point, I hear what you're saying and I guess what it still comes down to (for me, at least) is she's not being malicious.  She's not hurting anybody else.  And, in fact, the only person who will end up hurting is herself.  I can be annoyed, I can be frustrated, but I'm not going to hate her for that.  

i think there's going to be a lot of embarrassment on MY's part and it's going to be rough going.  Definitely something for them to work through.  Hopefully there won't be any resentment!  But I've faith in their relationship that their friendship will win over any feelings that she had for LX.  If she took the time to sit back and think about it, she'd realize it's just an infatuation and she doesn't really know LX as well as she thinks she does.  

Beijing would be a convenient way for MY to escape and so it's a definite possibility.  Actually, something I've been wondering for a while now is whether there would be another time jump.  If I remember correctly it was 1999 the year the boys graduated and left, so now it would be 2018.  Now that things are unfolding the way things are, my wondering about a time jump has only increased because MY returning from Beijing two years later would bring us to the present.

@themarchioness & @NiteWalkerHey thanks for your warm welcome. I am looking forward to more discussion regarding this drama on the forum.

I agree with your point that MY is not intentionally malicious. She is not a vamp who is trying to steal the protagonist's love interest. It's just that she causes me to facepalm a lot at her reactions towards LX & her deluding herself into believing that he reciprocates her feelings. Apart from LX, she has her own storyline potential with her learning to overcome her mother's controlling ways, her move to Beijing for professional development, her friendship with LJJ & TC, also improving her self confidence which has been crushed by her mother's constant criticism. There might even be a future romance for her. So I want her to get out of this LX crush phase ASAP.

Gradual time jump to 2020 is definitely possible within the story since the adult storyline began in 2018. But it might happen in the last 5-7 epis maybe because there is still so much to explore in the current phase- evolution of LX-LJJ relationship into lovers, ZQ's reconciliation with his mom, ZQ's reaction to LX-LJJ relationship, his hardships with his bio-dad, LX's relationship with his mom & sister, whether they will actually separate or evolve into a cordial relationship, Li Ba & He mei relationship development (spoilers from BTS). So many good things to look forward to.🤩😁

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

So I want her to get out of this LX crush phase ASAP.

You and me both... and I reaaaalllly could've done without the adding of ZB into the mix.  The loveline chart in this drama is so all over the place!  But I literally groaned out loud when he walked into the girls' apartment and had his golden halo moment the minute he saw MY, LOL.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Done ep 19. Aiyooo waiting for the rest eps is so painful. 

I feel that the conflict starts from now on. I feel worried for ZQ. @Mouse what you mentioned before was right. I also got a feeling he was not studying comfortably back then. At first it maybe yes. But I guess from what he said to papa Li. It explains a bit the preview of hos situation. He spent many years for not going back home. Cuz he didnt continue for college maybe. If he went back it will burden his dad and all. So he might stay there while doing multiple jobs to save up some money then return to open his caffe now. It was my prediction. Well... maybe you all has watched to the current ep. So I must miss new infos. 😆

I feel bad for QMY and TC and ZB. These three are shooting into the wrong direction. So the arrows somehow will back to hit them in the end. Aiyoo... 

I wonder did Jj really kiss Ran?? No right??? I am okay with her hanging around as casual as she always does. But like the brothers I don't agree!!!🤣

Just like ZB said one of the two brothers will fall for JJ, it could be ZQ or LX. While i thought it would be both. Aiyooo. Why it has to ne this complicated lah 😥

I guess before LX confess his feeling to JJ, she would always thinks him as her brother. The confession needed for her to check her true feelings she has all this time has developed into a love from a woman to a man. She always cuts off whenever LX tries to woo her. He said very firmly calm and serious. She feels like taken aback and change the topic right way. The symptoms of denial feelings. 😅 Look how come I am so expert in analyzing this. Oh drama what you have done to me? 😂

After all I don't want their triangle fate won't ruin the family. I know it won't but it must put it into such a huge turmoil at some point. But I believe in the end they'll be arm in arm as family again. I think as how I interpret it as it's one of the moral message that the title itself trying to convey. 

• Like 1

@NiteWalker Since you were interested in my mid-watch flails... LOL... Episode 19:

- Oh come on!  Would it have been so hard to spare a minute in the car to set her straight???  (This is only going to make misunderstanding grow to be that much worse.  *groan*)  Send her a text while waiting for the airplane, at least!  

- UGH.  LX's MOM.  Why wouldn't LX want to return to China?  Why would he think of Singapore as his home?  The only reason he's lived there for 9 years is because he was held hostage... he grew up in China where his family and friends remain.  His time in Singapore was only supposed to be temporary.  She's living in a delulu world if she thinks he would want to stay there with her.  LX is surrounded by a bunch of delulu women!  😛 

- One silver lining to MY's crush is if it helps trigger JJ into wondering why she doesn't feel happier about that news.  😉  

- UGH.  ZQ... I feel bad for him.  I don't blame the aunt because I can tell she didn't really want to ask.  It's just his family is filled with unfortunate circumstances, but still.  It's painful because there is no winning in all of this.  There are too many themes of "debts" and "owing" in ZQ's life and not enough of "having" and "belonging."  Also...

Spoiler

I have always had this feeling that things did not go that well for ZQ in England.  And the closer we get to revelation point that feeling of foreboding only grows stronger.  Every time someone makes an allusion to him being a "fu er dai," or he gets asked about his cafe shop (how much it cost to fix, how the business is going, etc.), I just get a sinking feeling in my heart.  I really hate the possibility that he didn't get a good education in England, which was what Papa Li had so hoped for in letting him go.  ZQ may not have been as good as student as LX, but he was smart, bright, and a good student in his own right and he had good prospects in China.  To think that his sperm donor might have ruined all that makes my blood boil already.  It also saddens me to think that, if what I fear is true, the reason ZQ didn't return earlier is because he felt too guilty and ashamed.  This boy is need of so much loving!  I'm also fearful that his cafe business is going to fail... he could always go in business with his dad, so there is that, but I'd just like for ZQ to be able to feel that he has some successes in his life.  

I know this is all me worrying and maybe I'm worrying for nothing... I'd like that to be the case, so we shall see!  

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics