Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

3 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker

I am up to date with the latest episode and waiting forward for it to be subbed tonight in Youtube....

wow.....

ahahaha.....did u went on marathon??? :D hahahaha what have we done to you........

tell me what u think of ZQ feeling towards JianJian....somehow i dont see those lovers bubble around them....its was more like brotherly love....i mean which brother remember the nightmare his sister gave him by pulling down his pants??? :D 

hahahahahhaha

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

tell me what u think of ZQ feeling towards JianJian....somehow i dont see those lovers bubble around them....its was more like brotherly love....i mean which brother remember the nightmare his sister gave him by pulling down his pants??? :D 

ZQ is in love with Dad not JJ. He is the closest one to Dad among the 3. Their conversation always meaningful and he will slays dragon for Dad. During childhood he glued to JJ because he can see that he needs her approval so his Mom can marries Dad hence Dad will becomes his too. Throughout their childhood, he spoiled her while LX disciplined her. It's seems to be a subconscious thing just like he washed the clothes during the night. The same with his so called love to JJ right now, he subconsciously traded washing clothes during the night to marrying JJ.

The cake decorating scene where he hugged her from behind, he thought nothing of it and it came naturally UNTIL he remembered his friend's words. If he is in love with JJ, he will be get red and bother since the beginning NOT as an afterthought.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

tell me what u think of ZQ feeling towards JianJian....somehow i dont see those lovers bubble around them....its was more like brotherly love...

Reason #798 ZQ is not in love with JJ... Putting under cut for those who've not yet seen the scene (as it hasn't yet aired through the Youtube/Viki eps):

Spoiler

A man in love does not bend his head towards the woman he loves, make her smell it, and then laughingly say they haven't washed their hair in 3 days.  

Sounds exactly like what a pesky brother would do, though.  :laugh:

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

8 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Reason #798 ZQ is not in love with JJ... Putting under cut for those who've not yet seen the scene (as it hasn't yet aired through the Youtube/Viki eps):

hahahahaha

is the reason u gave + the one i gave too hahahahahha.....im still laughing.....

Cr: As Tagged in the Gif, and dont look if u dont want to see spoiler :D for you my dear @themarchioness

Spoiler

c226f730e3c482713b0ae297621b9b896a261f4b

• Haha 1

@NiteWalker  Yeah... the writing was on the wall with that one, unfortunately.  @Lynne also shared a clip with me.  Sigh, sigh, sigh.  Even thought we knew it was coming, it doesn't make it any less painful now that we're approaching that point.  (Also, for some reason the gif you tried to share with me earlier, it's not popping up on my end and I can't see it?) 

Anyways... reactions that I had while watching Episode 22.  

- Papa Li knows.  ZQ and his daughter are not meant to be - at least not in that way - but like a good dad, he also knows this is something the kids have to work out on their own.  His only concern is to make sure a cushion is there for when things fall apart.  He is such a wonderful, amazing father.

- JJ's reaction to ZQ's dating suggestion... is 1) hilarious (that rando rant!) and 2) so different from her reaction to LX.   LOL.  With ZQ, she's like, "HARD NO."  With LX, she saaaayyysss they can't be, but it somehow doesn't sound the least bit convincing.  (Really great acting on TSY's part!)

- I've noticed that whenever ZQ gets upset at the dinner table, he starts shoveling food into his mouth and it breaks my heart to see him basically revert back to how he's always behaved even as a child as he listens to the news regarding his mother.  LX, like the great older brother, gives some good advice though and I appreciate the shoulder pat that he gives before leaving.

- The scene with young ZQ and his mother.... even though this is my second time watching this scene, it's still making me mist up.  Heart.  Break.

- ZQ wouldn't like me saying this, but... he should go talk to Ren.  LOL.  But seriously, talking to Zhuang Bei just turned him into a mess of confusion.  Ren would be able to explain to him, just as he did for JJ, how feeling "comfortable" around someone means it's sibling love and not romantic love!  

- You know, if ZQ had been the one to ask JJ to hold hands, she'd have told him to "Get Lost!"  This girl.  She's already reacting to LX.  She just doesn't know it.  ;)  

Back to work now, hahahahaha.  Shhh... 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

You know, if ZQ had been the one to ask JJ to hold hands, she'd have told him to "Get Lost!"  This girl.  She's already reacting to LX.  She just doesn't know it.  ;)  

that’s what I told @Lynne too hahaha I told lynne

when jianjian need comfort automatically she always turn to LingXiao and when she is looking for a partner to commit crime it was ziqiu she always turn to

with LingXiao she vent her frustration pour out her hearts 

with ziqiu she get ideas for her revenge and backup for mischief 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I have a question, so I was rewatching and one thing I was confused, like is Ling Xiao big brother and He Ze Qiu was little brother. In the drama, Ze Qiu have his 18th first, did i missed a point? 

well to JianJian, LingXiao came first then only ZiQiu enter her life.....

im not sure whether they mix the timelines or got the timelines wrong.....though yes ZiQiu had his birthday first then only it was LingXiao....i remember them saying his birthday was July/3? or did i heard that wrongly....

anyway it doesnt matter hahahaha :D 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

well to JianJian, LingXiao came first then only ZiQiu enter her life.....

im not sure whether they mix the timelines or got the timelines wrong.....though yes ZiQiu had his birthday first then only it was LingXiao....i remember them saying his birthday was July/3? or did i heard that wrongly....

anyway it doesnt matter hahahaha :D 

My theory was Jian Jian like Ling Xiao first so he get to be the big brother, because before she would always bully Zi Qiu. 😂😂

yes. Ling Xiao was July 3rd

• Haha 2

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

7 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

My theory was Jian Jian like Ling Xiao first so he get to be the big brother, because before she would always bully Zi Qiu. 😂😂

yes. Ling Xiao was July 3rd

same i was thinking the same thing....however it doesnt really matter cause WeiLong fit the character of being the eldest more.....

hahaha it was always ZiQiu and JianJian that got themselves into mischief and it will also ended up with LingXiao getting them out of it hahahaha :D 

he will complain about this too later on, if you havent caught up in the episodes hahahaha im enjoying this alot alot alot alot :D 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

same i was thinking the same thing....however it doesnt really matter cause WeiLong fit the character of being the eldest more.....

hahaha it was always ZiQiu and JianJian that got themselves into mischief and it will also ended up with LingXiao getting them out of it hahahaha :D 

he will complain about this too later on, if you havent caught up in the episodes hahahaha im enjoying this alot alot alot alot :D 

I’m trying slow and save myself from falling in too deep, but i’ve been watching all day today. Almost caught up to the latest

• Haha 2

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

me from the audience ahahahaha....

Hide contents

the moment she bite LingXiao because i frustration i said you're gone....gone gone gone :D hahahahaha

:wow2:

LOLOLOL, I see how it is!  You are directing her actions!!  Brilliant. 

And haha, better than the bite, I loved how ZQ came home and didn't even bat an eye to find her giving LX a shoulder massage.  Instead he just asked her to give him one later, too.  These threeeeee.... *heart*

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

My Fanfics

4 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I have a question, so I was rewatching and one thing I was confused, like is Ling Xiao big brother and He Ze Qiu was little brother. In the drama, Ze Qiu have his 18th first, did i missed a point? 

My understanding is that the birthday celebration shown for ZQ was his 17th bday & not 18th. In a later episode, ZQ was asking ZB whether a lawsuit can prevent his bio father from forcibly taking him to which ZB replied that ZQ would soon turn 18 after which he would be an adult & won't require to fight with lawsuit. So LX definitely had his 18th bday first.

• Like 2

I enjoyyyy the drama so much..... LOL...

I rewatch more than 5 episodes last night and then skimming the raw hahaha.. that's how obsessed I am... @NiteWalker @themarchioness

JJ-LX.. so cuteee... 

Sounds like the ChenTing is coming back? Sigh... he's LX's nightmare.. seriously.. her appearance in LX's dream reminds me of Sadako... so scary..

ZQ x Happiness.. He'll get there someday... I have faith...

• Haha 2

I just caught up with the last 4 episodes. I am impressed that the show makers are executing so many different storylines together.

1.       LX-LJJ romance

2.       ZQ-LJJ sibling relationship

3.       ZQ- HM relationship

4.       The friendship between LJJ, QM & TC

5.       ZQ- business problems

6.       Parent- child relationship across the board- ZQ, LX, LJJ, QM, TC & even ZB

7.       LJJ- facing internal politics at workplace because of the senior’s boytoy

8.       TC- self-confidence & lack of professional success

Kudos to the team for seamlessly weaving all the different threads into a coherent story.

There is no drag in the story visible at least to me.

• Haha 2

I like the development of the romance between LX & LJJ. From LJJ’s initial refusal to her now unsaid happy acceptance, the story has evolved smoothly. They are such a happy pill together.

I have come across many comments on SM, which are disappointed due to their romance. One of their gripes is that the story is losing its initial core of familial relationship & is descending into a typical romance drama. The second & most illogical one is that LX & LJJ were raised as siblings so how can they turn into lovers?

I personally do not think that even between LX & LJJ there has been any familial loss. The role they played within the family is changing. Family does not consist of only parents & siblings; we also have in-laws. They are still part of the family.

LX & LJJ relationship was not shown simply as that of siblings right from the start. They have a special bond that is beyond siblings. The creators were very clever in marking the difference between LX & ZQ as part of the family. LX has different parents & lives in a separate house whereas ZQ was basically adopted by the Li Family. ZQ is the son of the Li household whereas LX is the son of Ling household. LX is basically neither legally nor biologically related to LJJ. It is just a cultural thing for them to call each other brother & sister. They were basically childhood best friends.

There is also a significant difference in how LX & LJJ treat each other. They do not behave like typical siblings since the early days. In childhood they were best friends. In high school days you can see how LX treats her as a girl he likes & not as a sibling. He notices that she is developing into a woman, gets affected by her closeness, is her main guide & advisor, gets depressed after staying away from her. Little throwaway comments shed a new light to their relationship. He takes her to & fro from her cram classes & art classes because he is still traumatised by her almost being kidnapped in childhood. He guides her in planning her study & career- participating her in art competitions so that she can have leverage of awards since she is not good in her studies.

QM had remarked that LX was strict with LJJ in high school with regards to boys & hence cannot easily accept her online boyfriend. It had struck me then that we hardly ever saw LJJ talking to other guys in school. She did not even talk with her desk mate which is strange given her sunny nature. Her interactions with ZB are also limited to knowing that he is ZQ’s friend. So, LX was proactive in keeping LJJ away from boys since way before.

This was not all one-sided. Even LJJ did not behave like a typical younger sister with LX. Though she was not aware herself but her behaviour with LX sometimes was like that of a girlfriend. Taking care of his health in small ways like making sure he eats, clinging onto him physically, advising him to stay away from girls when she found the love letter teasingly, being confident that she is his entire world, getting depressed when he was apart from her for any length of time, acting cute for him. Even after his return from Singapore, she was worried about him. She was waiting anxiously for his return once again.

LX has always been a perceptive guy, more so in case of LJJ. So, I am sure he did not miss these signs & hence his confidence in pursuing her aggressively after returning to China. He knew that she would reject him initially but that she reciprocates his feelings at least subconsciously. She just requires some time to realise her own feelings. So, though his actions might come across as too assertive, I do not think he ever meant to pressurise her into having feelings for him. He already knew that she has feelings for him & does not want to waste any more time in useless conflicts & dilemmas. He is honest about his feelings to her.

LJJ’s reaction to his attempts also shows that the girl does have romantic feelings for him. She was just not aware of them. But now that she knows his feelings are sincere, she has started reciprocating his feelings. Though she has not verbally accepted him as her boyfriend, she already has been on dates with him & even kissed him back. This is so opposite to her reaction to ZQ’s proposal that there should be no doubt left in the audience’s mind that she has a romantic interest in LX.

I cannot understand some people’s issue with regards to the romantic turn in their relationship because they once addressed each other as brother & sister. In the drama itself, no one is opposed to the idea of them being together romantically because of them being raised as siblings. Their fathers are not opposed & even teased LX. The gossip aunties are also match making them. Even QM who was heart broken did not mention them being together because of it. She is just sad that her crush does not return her feelings & is instead in love with her best friend. So, I do not understand some people’s objection to it. Well everyone is welcome to their own opinion but please do not impose your moral view on viewers who are enjoying their romance.

44 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

actually what JianJian told TanCan is right....

Hide contents

Your enemy is yourself

I agree that LJJ is right in pointing out some home truths to TC. TC says time & again that she has given up her acting career but she is still acting in her current self made online business which is not even earning her enough income. LJJ's problem is not with her choosing acting as a profession but with TC not taking it seriously enough with all her dedication. If TC chooses to dedicate herself full time to acting then LJJ & QM are both ready to support her. But as explained by TC after so much failure even their support feels like a burden to her. This is a problem which only TC can resolve by mentally overcoming her failures.

• Like 3