Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

CT should does something huge so both Ling men with explode and kick her out of their life for good. I don’t wanna see CT reconciles with Ling Family. 

can i burst your bubble?

i dont think CT will reconcile with the Ling family....however LingXiao will let go and in a sense accept the mother he had rejected the moment she gave him away to JianJian when she walked out of their life when he was 9 years old.....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

can i burst your bubble?

i dont think CT will reconcile with the Ling family....however LingXiao will let go and in a sense accept the mother he had rejected the moment she gave him away to JianJian when she walked out of their life when he was 9 years old.....

What do you meant by “accept the mother he had rejected”? Isn’t he had accepted her when he went to Spore to took care of her for 9 years? The reconciliation that I mentioned before was they will settle their differences and CT become a good person and let LX goes willingly. What I want is LX and Dad forcible cut her off like a dangerous cancer then let her alone miserably...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

What do you meant by “accept the mother he had rejected”? Isn’t he had accepted her when he went to Spore to took care of her for 9 years? The reconciliation that I mentioned before was they will settle their differences and CT become a good person and let LX goes willingly. What I want is LX and Dad forcible cut her off like a dangerous cancer then let her alone miserably...

well lets see if i can phrase it better.....

he went to take care of her is out of responsibilities and felt that he owe it to redeem himself....somehow to him...it is a duty it must fulfill and not because he is accepting her back as his mother....

i couldnt see him or any move in him that actually say 'oh yes you're my mother'

all i can see is that.....

"its a thing i must do." 

full stop nothing more nothing less.........

he never talk or really acknowledge them even the sister his mother shove on him to take care of .... he is more accepting of the sister as we can see a twitch in and also mainly because the sister remember his birthday and gave him a cake when everyone else is too focus on their own issues to remember

of course not the Ling and Li....

• Like 2

Chenting has been very manipulative. She knows!!! She clearly knows what she is doing! But does she care?

NO!!!!  She wanted to assert and show everyone I OWN this person. What a Joke! 

She managed to insult everyone that Ling Xiao cared about in one stroke! And you betcha she knows it!!! WOW! SO TOXIC! Basically the whole dinner was a disaster.... 

But I truly get tho why everyone kept their silence... they feel sorry for Ling Xiao.. and figured she's gonna leave anyway.... (and boy does Ling xiao couldn't wait for her to leave) 

You know... I do feel a little bit sorry for Orange because, it wasn't her that LX is weary of.. but because Chenting and orange are a package... so she gets the same treatment.. and could you blame the guy? 

---- What warms my heart afterward is that Jian jian and ZiQiu arrange their own birthday party for Ling Xiao.. and it was beautiful.... despite the ugliness that happen earlier... their mindset has evolved and became more mature... ZQ didn't deal with anger.. Jianjian choosing patience.. Sigh.....

I have so many things left to be said... 

He Mei and ZI Qiu... left me in tears............................. will talk more later.............

DVD version has 7 more episode to go... here are my estimation of how many episode we will get per day.... following the TV version scheduling changes.

Wed : 34-35

Thurs: 36 / 36-37

Friday: 37 / 38

Saturday: 38 / 39

Sunday: 40 / 39-40

• Like 2

Aside from all the problematic issues 

how much money do you think they spent on watermelon and food in this drama? I get hungry every time they eat. 

can we just acknowledge songyun’s drama won’t be the same without her drowning down the food

Edited by AwkwarDerp
Forgot stuff
  • Haha 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

A lot of things have happened between episode 27 to 33. I have been busy since the past few days so couldn’t comment on all the developments. I have a tendency to write long posts so be warned.

ZQ’s acceptance of LX- LJJ relationship

The confrontation between LX & ZQ after LJJ’s post became public was heated & mean. Both were spouting off nonsense because they were blindsided & immediately wanted to defend their stance. ZQ’s hurt reaction when LJJ confirmed that she is dating LX was because naturally he felt rejected, hurt that they hid it from him & also because he felt that again he was not picked up. He told them exactly what his issue was-“Why does nobody want him?”.

So, he kept giving silent treatment to them while still cooking breakfast for them. He was upset for max. 2 epis & then naturally he let go of the hurt & accepted their relationship. They were back to becoming siblings & friends with each other. He had some heart to heart convo with LJJ & that was enough to let go. I liked how naturally it was done. There were no grand explanations & apologies but simple letting go of the anger after cooling down in few days.

ZQ confrontation with his biotrash dad & He Mei

After he received the call from his biotrash father, ZQ couldn’t hold the anger within him & immediately went off to confront HM. I really liked the scene about how LJJ & LX searched for him, informed their dads & friends about him running away & then finding him outside HM’s salon. The scene with the trio is so great were while LX is trying to comfort him by patting him, LJJ wipes off his feet & makes him wear his slipper. This unconditional care is why ZQ hugged her as if she was a lifeboat for his rescue. He calmed down from his high rage to certain extent because of LX & LJJ.

ZQ’s confrontation with HM was a watershed moment. He just doesn’t understand why can’t his bio parents leave him alone after abandoning him. He doesn’t blame them for abandoning him but instead wonders what is wrong with him that made them leave him. He says that yes he is going through financial hardships but he doesn’t want them to help him. He wants to earn money so that he could give his everything to the people who never abandoned him & supported him through thick & thin i.e. Li Ba & LJJ. They are his family & he doesn’t want the outsiders to interfere in his life.

He gives & receives comfort just from LX & LJJ’s presence after this confrontation. I like how they are one unit whenever one of them is facing a crisis. These trio’s relationship goes beyond friendship & romance & they are each other’s home. Hence, I am not worried that they would break off again. They know each other’s importance after their 9 year long separation & are ready to weather all the storms together to be never separated again.

The morning after breakfast scene just warmed my heart. The nostalgia of their teenage years came back seeing their routine. Li Ba’s talk with the trio was also good. I liked how he started off with his own shortcomings in raising them as an adult to give them perspective regarding HM. He let them know everything that he knew about her story then & left it on ZQ how he wanted to proceed his relationship with HM. I liked how LX asked LJJ to spend time with ZQ & talk with him to check his state of mind. These small subtle things show the deep bond between LX & ZQ. ZQ felt more calm & relaxed after his discussion with LJJ where he explained that though he now knows the reason why his mom left him, it still doesn’t make any difference & he has decided to let go off his anger against her.

Now in the latest episode we & ZQ both come to know that the actual reason that HM couldn’t come back was because she was jailed due to accidentally killing someone. Therefore, she decided not to continue being part of his life so that he doesn’t have to live with the stigma of a mother who was a criminal. Li Ba commented to HM that how ZQ is most like her which I had pointed out in an earlier post. Both HM & ZQ are so alike in their life philosophies- they both care deeply for their loved ones, want to give them only their best, hide all their difficulties from them. It is like even after such a long separation they both still are made from the same mold. HM loved ZQ more than anything in the world & therefore ZQ was still waiting for her because he just couldn’t understand why his mom who loved him so much did not come back for him. I am sure now that they will have a happy reconciliation & become a family again.

Also wanted to quickly point out that I like how HM- Li Ba relationship has evolved into a deeper one by each of their interactions. They are becoming confidants for each other with their common point being their unconditional love for their children. Li Ba provides HM a safe space to reveal her painful past & advises her to not distance herself from ZQ when it is only hurting both her & ZQ. She also intrigues him & he finds a counterpart to himself in her. I like this pairing & happy that they might become a couple soon. This would be the fulfilment of ZQ’s deep seated wish of having his whole family together- Li Ba, his mom & LJJ.

ZQ’s professional struggle

The show is depicting ZQ’s business struggle very well. ZQ has not given up & is giving it his all to overcome the financial hardship. He has taken a part time job at another hotel to supplement his income. He has made changes in his shop menu offering more variety. He is at least able to earn as much as the costs of running the shop & is now at least keeping his business afloat. I like how LX & ZQ discuss the business & how ZQ is able to accept financial help from LX. They really are best friends.

I would like to appreciate how the writer’s have completed this ZQ & family arc so well with the resolution coming in like 7- 8 episodes. They handled it with sensitivity & care & so realistically. So, I have confidence in them that they would be able to give a resolution to LX & his family arc also satisfyingly. They have earned my trust with their writing.

• Like 5

Chen Ting is back & how! Though she has been back for only 2 episodes, LX & audience both are anxious to see her leave. I would be happy if she just drops off the face of the earth & I never see her again. I would not even complaint about the incomplete story that is how much I dislike the character.

I knew that CT had has no change of heart & would be back to take LX back into her clutches. She keeps such a serene expression & smile on her face while speaking that my hand itches to slap her because we know that she has returned with ill intentions. Her pretentious show of her possessiveness of LX is irritating to the max.

Once again she blindsides LX by coming suddenly under the guise of giving him a birthday surprise conveniently passing off the blame of not informing him on Little Orange. Her creepy smile while seeing LX-LJJ closeness not only makes LX but also the audience restless. She is leaving no stone unturned to show the world that LX is her son. She visits his workplace, gives gifts to his colleagues, thanks them for taking care of LX. She is establishing herself as the mother to everyone in LX’s circle. She takes over LX’s birthday party. Though she is thanking Li Ba with a butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth expression for raising LX, she is reminding them that he is not real family to LX. In the single speech she alienates his family who raised him & also demotes Ling Ba’s role in LX’s life as the absentee father while casting herself in the role of burdensome mother. She make Little Orange pay for LX’s birthday cake only because she wants them to know that LX is her family & not theirs. Though seeing her acts was making my blood boil I was internally pitying & laughing at her.

I can’t believe CT’s over confidence that she would be able to take over LX’s life again if she does all these antics. LX & his family are only tolerating her nonsense because they believe her to be a guest. She has informed that she will be leaving soon so they are not bothering to raise any ruckus over her antics because she is an outsider to them. Though she acted as the host of LX’s birthday party & delegated his actual family to be guests, it was her & Little Orange who were being treated as a guest by LX & every one else.

LX can’t wait for her to leave & is ready to even book the tickets for them. So how does she still believe that he would choose her over his actual family is a mystery. This delusion itself shows how bad her mental state actually is & how far from reality she is. Does she honestly believe that LX would choose her over LJJ & family if she creates such deliberate incidents to establish herself as his family? She is only testing LX’s patience & creating more distance between herself & him. LX believes she will be leaving in 3- 4 days & that is why he is tolerating her. Though he is definitely showing signs of being fed up off her. Once she escalates her attacks, LX will definitely confront her & show her how important his actual family & LJJ is to him.

CT is now putting LX in a corner & he will have no other option but to confront her & give her some home truths. LX is an introvert by nature who has kept his feelings bottled. Once the bottle breaks he will not back track & see it to its end. This has actually happened with regards to his feelings for LJJ. He had kept his feelings for her bottled but once the bottle broke, he went full steam ahead & put forward his feelings for her. He was able to woo her & make her realise her own feelings for him & is now in a romantic relationship with her. So I do believe, that LX is capable of resolving the conflict with his mother once his grief & anger will be out in the open. He just needs to reach that boiling point because his capacity to hold onto his feelings is unbelievable.

Ling Ba & LJJ will also play an important role in freeing LX from CT because of their role in his life of being the father & the love of his life. They both are silent now because like LX they also believe that CT would be leaving in few days & there is no need to cause a ruckus. But once CT’s plan to stay behind is revealed, I don’t think they will keep silent. Ling Ba will definitely give it back to CT once he realizes how deep LX’s trauma has been due to CT. LJJ has never suffered fools easily. Since childhood she is the one who makes the first move to defend her family when being bullied. She is only holding onto her temper because CT is LX’s mom & she knows how LX is traumatized due to her. She understands the burden & stress that LX is already feeling. That is why she went out of her way to sleep with LX so that he could relax & his anxiety could decrease. So, she definitely will support LX when he requires her the most. ZQ & Li Ba are always in LX’s corner as well. So though we will have to tolerate CT’s antics for a few episodes, I am sure that we will get a satisfying end to her relationship with LX.

I feel bad for Little Orange who is being used as a pawn by CT. Yes, she is spoiled & bratty but she does not have any intentions to take back LX. She has always known that LX only stayed with them because of the circumstances & not because he was choosing them over the family who raised him. She is insecure & jealous of LJJ as earlier LJJ had taken place of LX’s sister & he doted upon her. Now, LJJ is his girlfriend so now she is even more important to LX. Hence, she behaves extra rude with LJJ. But she & LX do love each other as siblings & family. She also wants LX to be happy. LX also loves her & is happy to be with her but sadly she comes as a package deal with CT who is his nightmare. He is not happy to see CT but little orange sees it as him not being happy to see her. I hope she gets advise & guidance from a responsible adult so that she is able to grow & her relationship with LX flourishes.

I am seeing a lot of backlash against LX once again in SM for not standing up to CT, for not assuring LJJ, for clinging onto LJJ, etc. People understand that he is traumatized by his mom but are not ready to give him time to overcome his mental barriers. They extrapolate his behaviour with LJJ to his mom’s behaviour with him which is so wrong. LX’s love for LJJ can’t be compared to CT’s selfish, cloying, possessive love(?) for LX. They are also underestimating LJJ’s love for LX. Just like LX is a bit insecure about LJJ’s love for him, some viewers also don’t understand LJJ’s love for LX. For them LJJ’s love for LX is similar to her love for ZQ, just with the kisses added. Yes, LX & ZQ both are equally important to LJJ but love for sibling is way different from love for lover. Also LJJ understands the pressure under which LX is operating & I am sure she would make him understand her pov when required. So please can they stop being gloomy over LX-LJJ relationship & waiting for them to break up. I don’t understand where this break up theory is coming from because we see that they are definitely together in the end- credit OST.

The viewers need to wait for the story to unfold instead of jumping to drastic conclusions. I feel most of these negative views are from viewers who are not in favour of LX-LJJ romance & who believe their romance has dragged down the show. I for one do not believe that the show’s story is being dragged down & instead I am impressed with how the writers are able to maintain the story interesting & fresh even in such a late stage. Being a good show at the start of the show is easier than maintaining the consistency of the show’s good standard till the end. So I am excited for the end episodes & have faith in the writers to give a great resolution to this story arc.  

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Aside from all the problematic issues 

how much money do you think they spent on watermelon and food in this drama? I get hungry every time they eat. 

can we just acknowledge songyun’s drama won’t be the same without her drowning down the food

hahahaha

actually Zhang XinCheng to get SongYun on the drama promise to treat her to hotpot......

so he ended up treating her to HotPot every single day hahahaha...that's why you see so many hotpot scenes...i believe its from Zhang XinCheng lols

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lodestar said:

A lot of things have happened between episode 27 to 33. I have been busy since the past few days so couldn’t comment on all the developments. I have a tendency to write long posts so be warned.

ZQ’s acceptance of LX- LJJ relationship

The confrontation between LX & ZQ after LJJ’s post became public was heated & mean. Both were spouting off nonsense because they were blindsided & immediately wanted to defend their stance. ZQ’s hurt reaction when LJJ confirmed that she is dating LX was because naturally he felt rejected, hurt that they hid it from him & also because he felt that again he was not picked up. He told them exactly what his issue was-“Why does nobody want him?”.

So, he kept giving silent treatment to them while still cooking breakfast for them. He was upset for max. 2 epis & then naturally he let go of the hurt & accepted their relationship. They were back to becoming siblings & friends with each other. He had some heart to heart convo with LJJ & that was enough to let go. I liked how naturally it was done. There were no grand explanations & apologies but simple letting go of the anger after cooling down in few days.

ZQ confrontation with his biotrash dad & He Mei

After he received the call from his biotrash father, ZQ couldn’t hold the anger within him & immediately went off to confront HM. I really liked the scene about how LJJ & LX searched for him, informed their dads & friends about him running away & then finding him outside HM’s salon. The scene with the trio is so great were while LX is trying to comfort him by patting him, LJJ wipes off his feet & makes him wear his slipper. This unconditional care is why ZQ hugged her as if she was a lifeboat for his rescue. He calmed down from his high rage to certain extent because of LX & LJJ.

ZQ’s confrontation with HM was a watershed moment. He just doesn’t understand why can’t his bio parents leave him alone after abandoning him. He doesn’t blame them for abandoning him but instead wonders what is wrong with him that made them leave him. He says that yes he is going through financial hardships but he doesn’t want them to help him. He wants to earn money so that he could give his everything to the people who never abandoned him & supported him through thick & thin i.e. Li Ba & LJJ. They are his family & he doesn’t want the outsiders to interfere in his life.

He gives & receives comfort just from LX & LJJ’s presence after this confrontation. I like how they are one unit whenever one of them is facing a crisis. These trio’s relationship goes beyond friendship & romance & they are each other’s home. Hence, I am not worried that they would break off again. They know each other’s importance after their 9 year long separation & are ready to weather all the storms together to be never separated again.

The morning after breakfast scene just warmed my heart. The nostalgia of their teenage years came back seeing their routine. Li Ba’s talk with the trio was also good. I liked how he started off with his own shortcomings in raising them as an adult to give them perspective regarding HM. He let them know everything that he knew about her story then & left it on ZQ how he wanted to proceed his relationship with HM. I liked how LX asked LJJ to spend time with ZQ & talk with him to check his state of mind. These small subtle things show the deep bond between LX & ZQ. ZQ felt more calm & relaxed after his discussion with LJJ where he explained that though he now knows the reason why his mom left him, it still doesn’t make any difference & he has decided to let go off his anger against her.

Now in the latest episode we & ZQ both come to know that the actual reason that HM couldn’t come back was because she was jailed due to accidentally killing someone. Therefore, she decided not to continue being part of his life so that he doesn’t have to live with the stigma of a mother who was a criminal. Li Ba commented to HM that how ZQ is most like her which I had pointed out in an earlier post. Both HM & ZQ are so alike in their life philosophies- they both care deeply for their loved ones, want to give them only their best, hide all their difficulties from them. It is like even after such a long separation they both still are made from the same mold. HM loved ZQ more than anything in the world & therefore ZQ was still waiting for her because he just couldn’t understand why his mom who loved him so much did not come back for him. I am sure now that they will have a happy reconciliation & become a family again.

Also wanted to quickly point out that I like how HM- Li Ba relationship has evolved into a deeper one by each of their interactions. They are becoming confidants for each other with their common point being their unconditional love for their children. Li Ba provides HM a safe space to reveal her painful past & advises her to not distance herself from ZQ when it is only hurting both her & ZQ. She also intrigues him & he finds a counterpart to himself in her. I like this pairing & happy that they might become a couple soon. This would be the fulfilment of ZQ’s deep seated wish of having his whole family together- Li Ba, his mom & LJJ.

ZQ’s professional struggle

The show is depicting ZQ’s business struggle very well. ZQ has not given up & is giving it his all to overcome the financial hardship. He has taken a part time job at another hotel to supplement his income. He has made changes in his shop menu offering more variety. He is at least able to earn as much as the costs of running the shop & is now at least keeping his business afloat. I like how LX & ZQ discuss the business & how ZQ is able to accept financial help from LX. They really are best friends.

I would like to appreciate how the writer’s have completed this ZQ & family arc so well with the resolution coming in like 7- 8 episodes. They handled it with sensitivity & care & so realistically. So, I have confidence in them that they would be able to give a resolution to LX & his family arc also satisfyingly. They have earned my trust with their writing.

I totally agree with you. Thank you

Why are few people panicking on SM about supposed LX-LJJ break up & ZQ-Little Orange pairing? Are there any clips released with such scenes? Currently I don't even see LX & LJJ breaking up because they both need each other's support now to overcome CT's plotting. 

Why is there even a mention of ZQ- Little Orange pairing? There have been no scenes indicating such thing. QM, TC & even the girl working at Li Ba's Noodle shop has more chance to be with ZQ than little orange. 

So where are these baseless speculations rising from? Please enlighten me.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Why are few people panicking on SM about supposed LX-LJJ break up & ZQ-Little Orange pairing? Are there any clips released with such scenes? Currently I don't even see LX & LJJ breaking up because they both need each other's support now to overcome CT's plotting. 

Why is there even a mention of ZQ- Little Orange pairing? There have been no scenes indicating such thing. QM, TC & even the girl working at Li Ba's Noodle shop has more chance to be with ZQ than little orange. 

Where are people panicking? I don’t even see it either 😢 did i missed something

• Like 1

I have to say, reading all of your comments about CT makes me laugh. It's clear - everyone hates her (and for good reason)!

I agree with you @themarchioness that CT lashing out after her accident is somewhat normal and expected of someone who underwent a traumatic experience and is suffering a major physical injury.

I think the reason why we all do not feel any sympathy for her is because she wasn't any better prior to the accident. I would have liked to believe that the death of her child was what caused her to turn bad but knowing that she left them alone to play mahjong... well, how do I even excuse that? And instead of reflecting on herself and her shortcomings, she pushed the blame on LX. As a mother myself, I would always put my child's feelings and interests ahead of my own. What a good mother would have done was to reassure LX that it was not his fault and reinforce that with extra attention, love and support. Instead CT behaved the opposite of that and eventually abandoning him. TBH, the only reason LX was able to endure was because of JJ and Haichao who stepped in and took the initiative.

Time and again, CT has behaved in a very selfish manner, always putting her feelings and her needs ahead of her children. Even with the toast/speech she gave during LX's birthday.. you can totally see her intent in that she seemingly praised Haichao but in reality she was defining a line, making it clear to everyone that LX is her family and that JJ and Haichao are just friendly neighbours.  

I think the drama is making such a good contrast between CT and He Mei - both abandoned their sons (for different reasons) and both are indebted to the Li Family. Yet, CT and HM are behaving very differently. HM is choosing to stay away out of shame while CT is pushing herself in. HM has asked nothing from ZQ while CT is very demanding.

Like @themarchioness, I am also hoping for some sort of healing for LX. I just don't know which route the drama is going to take us. I think it can go either way - CT might realize her faults and actually do something selfless for LX or LX might just decide to cut off CT altogether. I think both can be considered good for LX. Relationships are complicated - especially when it comes to family. The definition of what family is, the different relationships between parents and children.. all of this is explored in this drama. And unfortunately, some families cannot be mended no matter how much we want it. 

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

16 hours ago, Lodestar said:

well some ppl were speculating it from the interview Tan Song Yun gave.....

where how they were separated and then back together and turn to lover and then staying apart again....to become one real family

so alot of fans are panicking about it.......even my dear @Lynne which had been mopping it out on me in whatapps lols

2 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Wait, I just watched Episode 40, it ended off as if there were more. So like...I'm confused LOL

its actually 40 episodes on DVD version, however Mango change the airing duration which is why instead of the 45mins airing times, ppl had been seeing 25 - 30mins airing times......

so what we are watching now is the TV versions.....however if u buy the DVD version it will be total 40 episodes only

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

well some ppl were speculating it from the interview Tan Song Yun gave.....

where how they were separated and then back together and turn to lover and then staying apart again....to become one real family

so alot of fans are panicking about it.......even my dear @Lynne which had been mopping it out on me in whatapps lols

its actually 40 episodes on DVD version, however Mango change the airing duration which is why instead of the 45mins airing times, ppl had been seeing 25 - 30mins airing times......

so what we are watching now is the TV versions.....however if u buy the DVD version it will be total 40 episodes only

Oh plus if you see the latest people, i can understand why people speculate that. 

so is the 35 mins goes up to 46 eps? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Oh plus if you see the latest people, i can understand why people speculate that. 

so is the 35 mins goes up to 46 eps? 

yes we can understand....LingXiao love and treasure JianJian alot, he will not allowed ChenTing to belittle JianJian in any sense....

if he could he will have put JianJian in a bubble and let her remain the happy little girl with no worries...

yes that right due to the shorter duration so it went up to 46 episodes, however it wasnt extended.....just the airing times got shorter and a bit more days....it will still end within this week..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the trio's bond so much.  As soon as LX & LJJ got to know about HM they ran to comfort ZQ. They discussed it together to try & understand the situation better. I like them discussing things together. Also loved LX's smug face when ZQ claimed LJJ always liked LX with evidence. LJJ getting back at ZQ by making him smell her shoes was hilarious. Love it when these 3 laugh together.

LX perfectly described his mom as a black hole in latest epi. I am going to call her black hole only from now. 

Black hole informed LX about her plan to stay in the same community as him & presented it as if it was not planned by her before coming to China. But LX didn't buy her bs & called her out on having planned to stay after he left Singapore. Then as usual she tried to portray herself as victim. Good thing LO gives it back to her for using her as an excuse. 

LX's anxiousness went through the roof after hearing BH plan & once he saw LJJ he kissed her to gain comfort. But LJJ ran away because BH & LO were present. LJJ earlier had frozen up when he had said to her let's get married. Her hesitation is coming I think because they have not been in the love relationship for long. It's a short time & it's practically her first romantic relationship. Her relationship with Shu ran doesn't count because they were just platonic friends with no romantic chemistry. LX needs to give her some time in the relationship so that she can grow up & be ready for marriage. 

BH as usual didn't care for her children's logical refusal to immediately settle down in China due to LO education & left LO with LX. LO is bonding with ZQ because he is the one who is treating her like a playful older brother. LX loves her but he basically raised her & is more of a parent figure for her. She craves the kind of easy fondness that LX has always had with LJJ & she is getting that from ZQ. ZQ treats her like a little sister. I don't think we need to be afraid of them being romantically involved presently. The intimate family is not going to involve BH & LO as far as I can see from BTS pics.

Love QM's confrontation with her mom. Her mom still didn't understand that she has been negating QM all her life & still insists that everything she does is for her best interest. I was also not expecting that QM had deliberately not filled an answer sheet in college entrance exam just because she knew that if scores high she would once again have to follow the path laid down by her mom. Her this rebellious act was such a big f u to her mom just that she had kept it hidden. I liked how she accepted that she always has been lying & doing things behind her back because her mom couldn't accept anything less than a perfect obedient daughter. Hopefully QM will achieve the success that she wants because she has the talent & the guts to achieve it. Distance from her parents for a while will only help her grow more confident & independent. 

I like how Ling Ba is stepping up for LX & LJJ. He met with BH to advise her on LX's health & his relationship with LJJ. He was actually trying to help her by telling her the way to LX's heart i.e. LJJ. But BH as usual doesn't hear what she doesn't want to & continues to see LJJ as her competition for winning LX's love. If she genuinely wants a good relationship with LX she can achieve it by treating LJJ with love because she is literally LX's everything. But she wants LX all to herself. 

Also liked LX & Ling Ba's lunch date. LX mischievously telling his dad that he had switched essays so that he could hide his love for his dad was good to see. LX has always adored his dad & knows that even if he is a workaholic, he still loves his son. Both dad & son love immensely but have trouble expressing their love. Ling Ba loves LJJ also like a daughter. He will not allow her to be bullied by BH. He truly understands how much LJJ means to LX & appreciates her for loving his son. LJJ will be doted on by her future husband & FIL so much. The only dark cloud on her horizon is BH. Let's see how the writers resolve BH's relationship with LX. 

Edited by Lodestar
Typos
  • Like 2

There is something that I realised about CT in today episodes that she is not capable of loving anyone except herself. She cheats, she blackmails, she throws tantrum, she plays victim and she schemes in order to get what she wants. She does regretted her action leaving her son in the past and she's trying hard to get him back. But she is totally oblivious that a simple unconditional sincere love is the key to her son's heart. She refuses to see the world thru another eyeglasses but hers.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 4
13 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

There is something that I realised about CT in today episodes that she is not capable of loving anyone except herself. She cheats, she blackmails, she throws tantrum, she plays victim and she schemes in order to get what she wants. She does regretted her action leaving her son in the past and she's trying hard to get him back. But she is totally oblivious that a simple unconditional sincere love is the key to her son's heart. She refuses to see the world thru another eyeglasses but hers.

Selfishness is CT's defining character trait. In her mind, every body's life should revolve around her. She must get what she wants. Yes, she regrets leaving behind LX but why is she behaving like LX is her only child now. She hardly cares about little orange, everything is about LX for her. No wonder LO feels unloved. So CT has learnt nothing from her past mistakes. She thinks she is doing everything for LX but she is actually only doing it for herself. She knows LX will be happy without her in his life, infact happier. But she wants all his love & care for herself. 

CT repeatedly portrays herself as a victim so that her children give into her demands. If they do not she throws tantrums, ignores them. That is why LX describes her as a black hole because she refuses to listen to other people & literally devours their happiness to make herself feel better. She needs to realise that she has never been a decent human being let alone a mother. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

she is the green tea lady after all

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1