Go Ahead 以家人之名 [2020]

Beautiful words from ZXC/HZQ. Thanks for sharing @NiteWalker!

Been too busy with work lately to pop into the forums, and now letting the end of the drama percolate in my thoughts, but I hope to share some at some point.  In the meantime, I've started working on my fanfic... hahaha!

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

So finally the series has ended. Just watched the final 2 epis & here are my thoughts on the same:

I am satisfied with the resolution given to most of the characters.

ZQ- This adorable loving guy deserved to have his wish of legally becoming a part of Li family fulfilled with his mom. This was the perfect happy ending for him. Throughout the series we have seen how tremendously he loves Li Ba & LJJ as son & brother but was not legally a part of the family which was a source of unhappiness for him. Also his sudden abandonment by his loving mother. So I am glad that he finally knew that he has been loved by his mother very much & now he can fully be a family with her, Li Ba & LJJ. I always knew that he may not have romantic development in the series after 20 epis. His focus has always been his family with no thoughts given to love interests since high school days. At the age of 27 as well, he has never had any romantic feelings for any girl. So though the early HS epis had shown QM’s crush on ZQ, it was over in HS days itself & we never saw him reciprocate it. So his story’s end would always have been becoming part of the Li family as he was not emotionally ready for romance. I am really happy with the resolution of his story.

Li Ba- Li Ba finally got married to HM. They are so adorable together. Li Ba’s nervous excitement for his date with HM was so good to see. He has been alone for a long time now since all the children left. He needed a companion with whom he can spend his remainder of life. I am glad that HM turned out to be the one. 20 years earlier though HM knew that Li Ba was a good caring person, she was not ready to be in a relationship again. She did entrust him with her most precious ZQ, so the question was never about her liking him but her being ready to be in a relationship again. We were also shown that she had not been in a relationship during the years of separation as well. So for me this OTP was meant to be but the timing was not right for them 20 years ago. They were both ready now & finally got married with their children being so happy for them. It is ironic that in childhood LJJ was against Li Ba- HM match & ZQ wanted to be part of LI family but now LJJ is the one who is most enthusiastic about their match & making ZQ officially part of the family.

Ling Ba- He has remained the same throughout the series. He is the strict dad who loves his children immensely but does not express it. He is married to his work. By the end of the series we start seeing him expressing his love & concern for LX more openly. One cannot change a lifetime of habits easily. It is a work in progress. So, I am glad that by the end of the series he has started to open up more with LX & their relationship is evolving slowly. True to his habit, he showed up late to the wedding as expected by everyone. No one even cares that he is late as it’s the usual for them.

QM- I have liked how her character has grown from the start to the end of the series. When we met her, she was the studious good-natured girl with low self esteem issues but now she has grown into a confident woman. She is not only capable of standing up for herself but also supports her own mother emotionally during the end of her marriage. At the end of the series, she is now going to Beijing to fulfill her dream of becoming a field reporter. I was also glad that she apologized to ZB for rejecting him so harshly & explaining to him that it was because of her own issue & that he was not at fault for liking her. I believe she will continue to grow professionally & also learn to love herself. She needs self love the most so that she can overcome her self esteem issues. Once she is able to accept & love herself only then will she be able to open herself to be loved by someone else.

TC- TC continues to remain herself even at the end. She did try to do a normal 9-5 job once her dreams of becoming a star actress crashed but acting is her passion & I am glad she returned to it. She has also reconciled with her parents. Her dad is supporting her fully & she knows her mom will come around once she achieves some rewards with her work. She is happy with her friends & has even gained a new supportive friend in ZB. Whether this will turn into a romance in future we can’t be sure 100% but there are high chances as ZB has genuinely started to like & understand her. He is also very supportive of her acting. Even his mom & TC have a good relationship. So we can imagine that their friendship may turn into romance one day.

I will mention LX, LJJ, CT in another post. Big shout out to LJJ’s senior Du Juan who stuck by LJJ & kicked her no good boyfriend to the curb. It was a long time coming. Maybe she can fall in love with Shu Ran next. They would be one hilarious couple.

Edited by Lodestar
Typo
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I will mention LX, LJJ, CT in another post. Big shout out to LJJ’s senior Du Juan who stuck by LJJ & kicked her no good boyfriend to the curb. It was a long time coming. Maybe she can fall in love with Shu Ran next. They would be one hilarious couple.

totally love this one....

i love JJ's senior to no end....and she didnt let the ex influence at all..... and im glad she treasure JJ more than the ex did and see the right thing and believe in JJ which proof that her belief is right...

with the plagiarism out of the way...JJ is on the right path to make their studio work a success and their work better know internationally too.....

I love how they allow ShuRan to maintain the friendship with JJ despite their failure to turn lovers hahahaha.....and how both ShuRan and ZiQiu work at the back to pushes the YaoGuy off....and that guy career is totally over.....so over....

• Like 1

I had to make a separate post for LX-LJJ- CT relationship resolution because it was not satisfactory.

They rushed it to wrap up the story in a nice little bow.

CT has always known that she is emotionally hurting LX with her guilt tripping so I am not able to empathise or sympathise with her. There was no sudden realization required for her because she has always known what the issue was. Her issue was that she didn’t want to accept her mistakes for playing a role in the death of her daughter & abandonment of LX. She just wanted to live in denial as if the past never occurred & continue life with LX as it is. Back home everyone who knew her, knew her past & hence she did not want LX to return back home. LJJ became a symbol for her own shameful mistakes & hence she couldn’t accept her in LX’s life as she would be a reminder of her past.

Even while explaining herself in the letter she still remained her true selfish self & once again took the selfish decision of ending her life without giving any thought to the impact of it on both LX & LO. But she got her forgiveness too easily by once again putting herself in danger. Everyone else had no choice but to forgive her due to her attempted suicide. They even made Ling Ba apologise to her. Yes, this apology was needed but there were so many things for which CT needed to apologise.

CT needed medical help to heal. I don’t know why we were not even shown her getting psychiatrist’s help. If a person attempts suicide, they are given counselling to resolve their issues. I don’t know why they couldn’t have shown that she has started going to a counsellor even in a passing scene. I am not expecting them to show her complete recovery process but at least show that she has started to take the initiative to heal herself. That more than anything would have shown that she really has changed & wants to change herself to be a better person for her children. Is there a censor issue for not showing this I don’t know. Because CT’s arc was rushed, LX’s arc also got short changed.

LX’s main reason for his mental issues – the guilt for the death of his sister, did not get addressed. He asked the question to Ling Ba whether Yun has forgiven him because she is not coming in his dreams anymore was a perfect starting point for this conversation. But the writer’s left it at that. Ling Ba did not assure him that it has never been his fault. Even CT in her apology letter, did not absolve him of this guilt. So this guilt that he carries is still very much present. At least a conversation with all 3 of them was required so that he can at least start to forgive himself. But I don’t know why we could not get this conversation which was so critical for LX. He never needed CT’s approval to be with LJJ anyway, so the lack of that conversation between CT & LX was never the problem. But the conversation regarding his sister’s death was a must. This left LX’s arc incomplete.

Yes LX has started to be happier & open up more because of love of family & LJJ but this haunting guilt needed to be put to rest. Also we needed LX to be the initiator in CT’s leaving. CT has still not left LX alone. She has left for Singapore but it was already a part of her plan to return to Singapore for LO’s final school year. So, did anything even change with respect to LX- CT relationship & the answer is NO. CT is behaving nicely with LJJ now but I cannot trust her because as mentioned above her realization made no change in her behaviour. So this LX- CT arc was not resolved for me at all. It is not even a start of resolution for them.

I also want to know why LX- LJJ romance was dialled down in the last 2 epis. We barely saw them together. After CT’s suicide attempt, we at least deserved a conversation between them discussing its impact on LX. We needed to hear LX’s feelings on this incident. But we were deprived of that.

I have no issue that we didn’t get any official engagement or marriage for them. Their love for each other has been beautifully shown so I have no doubt that they will be together in future. We know that LJJ spends her nights often enough with LX where they talk about their issues to get caught by ZQ & QM but we needed to see at least a few of them so that we could understand their thoughts on CT, LO , her professional problems.

LJJ’s character had grown up beautifully from childhood to an adult woman. Her growing up happened & it was portrayed realistically in the series. Her character needed no further development as such. But we could have seen more of her thought process. I also think we needed her expressing her feelings for LX. We know that she has always loved LX but realized it late. But we could have heard her speak about it to at least LX. We also needed to know her thoughts regarding CT. She never expressed her feelings about her completely. We did get to see her plagiarism issue resolved & the end of her now professional problems. She has the love of LX, her family & friends & will continue to live her life with her bright sunshine personality.

Special shoutout to the portrayal of real friendship between the girls- LJJ, QM & TC. Even her senior Du Juan is a true friend. This show managed to show all the facets of friendship between girls with issues like crossed love interests, professional jealousy & family issues involved. Kudos to them!!

Because of all of these points, the LX-LJJ-CT arc resolution felt incomplete to me. I think they could have had 2 more epis so that this arc resolution would have felt more natural & not rushed.

But overall I enjoyed full series without feeling any drag. I loved the family drama as well as the romance. It was one of the better slice of life shows that I have seen & will definitely be on my re-watch list.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

totally love this one....

i love JJ's senior to no end....and she didnt let the ex influence at all..... and im glad she treasure JJ more than the ex did and see the right thing and believe in JJ which proof that her belief is right...

with the plagiarism out of the way...JJ is on the right path to make their studio work a success and their work better know internationally too.....

I love how they allow ShuRan to maintain the friendship with JJ despite their failure to turn lovers hahahaha.....and how both ShuRan and ZiQiu work at the back to pushes the YaoGuy off....and that guy career is totally over.....so over....

I feel that Du Juan had always known that her BF was a tool but let it slide because she liked him so much. We don't know her background story but from her convos with LJJ we do know that she falls in love very often & ends up dumping the BF. So even LJJ knew that she would eventually dump this trash BF.

Du Juan is a friend to LJJ before business partner & she has known her for a long time. She must have trusted her immensely to go into a partnership with her right after LJJ's graduation. So I think her BF totally over estimated his importance to her & thought that he could easily break up their friendship. Glad that she dumped him harshly.

LJJ- Shu Ran friendship is love. They have been good friends for a long time before they attempted to romance each other. So its nice to see that their friendship still remains strong even after their romantic relationship failed. He was the keyboard warrior for her cause & exposed the past crimes of the plagiarizing senior to prove LJJ's integrity as an artist. He is a friend for keeps for her.

• Like 1

I won't watch long episodes dramas more than 20 unless it is really good. And I rarely watch long episodes drama without fast forwarding unless it is really awesome. And Go Ahead met all those exception categories. I cant believe that I watch it very earnestly without any skipping from the start to the end. I think it is one of the best achievement I got this year. 😂 Okay I am pretty serious. This drama is awesome. 

Final thoughts

Spoiler

I like how all of the story begins. How all problems started and they all were ended pretty decent and nicely. 

Seeing how all of the characters tried to cope with their problems, sad and happy with them. I like the acting from all of them. Such a poignant one. Very deep and meaningful in each aspects.

Blood is not always thicken than water. The sincere love is the one proved to be the tight strings which connects them more. Papa Li Heichao is the best dad ever! I like how these parents resolve their issues and compromised with their own egos and accepts their shortcomings and admit their mistakes in the end. It is not always be all good but at least facing the problems and stop avoiding to confront or resolve them are the best way to make things a lot better. Freeing them from their regrets and deals with it. 

The moral message is pretty touching. The family is the one who always be with you in ups and downs. And a family will never leave you however bad and flaw you are. It always comes back with you like a house which welcome you after a tiring long day.

The friendship is really beautiful. I am going to miss the day where they spent together. 

I am going to miss them all for a long time 😭 can't move on yet!!

I love the ending really. But why it has to be ended without LX and JJ wedding? Do they plan it for S2 perhaps?

Last but not least, aww such a pretty ending 😄😍😍

Spoiler

We can embed IG post here right?

Edited by NiteWalker
Mod Edit: No IG embedded allowed
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

CT needed medical help to heal.

i agree with you totally on this and no medical help or cure can happen overnight......however in a silent voice can i say im glad they flush and rush the ending a lil.....as to be honest i cant stand ChenTing....as much as i understand her situation....seeing her face make me want to grab into the scene and shake some sense into her....

she took her life than facing the responsibilities she need to take to be forgiven.....what LX told her is the truth....you know you're wrong so you should live and take responsibilities for it.....instead of running away leaving everything behind that is not the way you make amend.....

what LingXiao said to her is actually a closure to himself as well....he need to forgive CT for making his life hell so that he can move on and live a better a life without her at his sides reminding him of his guilt....

in the letter ChenTing did apologize....not much was written...however it was mention that she didnt want to face what was there.....and what she need to admit to herself to set not only herself free however also LingXiao free from the guild that he had been carrying for over 19 years......

3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Yes LX has started to be happier & open up more because of love of family & LJJ but this haunting guilt needed to be put to rest. Also we needed LX to be the initiator in CT’s leaving. CT has still not left LX alone. She has left for Singapore but it was already a part of her plan to return to Singapore for LO’s final school year.

i think the moment ChenTing didnt died of suicide, it was forgiven....as much as i wanted to say that ChenTing leaving for SG might only be for a year or so...however this is went willingly....she didnt went in grudge, however she went and most probably will stay there after Orange graduation and Orange definitely seems to prefer to stay in SG than in China....

ChenTing might or might not follow her....however i want to choose to believe that things will be better from then on.....

thats on me ahahaha... :lenny:

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

We can embed IG post here right?

NO IG embedded allowed my dear

• Like 2

It's hard for me to accept how the way they tied up CT's arc because since the beginning her character never ever shown to have any redeemable quality. She knew every single thing that she did is wrong but she just doesn't cares so a simple Weibo post, a phone call from ex husband and table slamming from the son are not supposed to change her minds.

MY's Mother who has not damaged her child as bad as CT received a harsher punishment than her. For me how the way they wrote CT's fate at the end is a lazy writing. The writer seems to don't know what to do with her. If she is given a tragic end, it will be conflicted with the family themed. If let her stays, there won't be a happy ending. So let us hocus pocus her over night to become a decent person.....#EyesRoll

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

It's hard for me to accept how the way they tied up CT's arc because since the beginning her character never ever shown to have any redeemable quality. She knew every single thing that she did is wrong but she just doesn't cares so a simple Weibo post, a phone call from ex husband and table slamming from the son are not supposed to change her minds.

alot of ppl cant accept they wrap up CT ending so nicely either....

to im happy that LX lets go....that all that matter to me....yea im lopsided sometimes hahahaha

• Like 2
2 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

MY's Mother who has not damaged her child as bad as CT received a harsher punishment than her. For me how the way they wrote CT's fate at the end is a lazy writing. The writer seems to don't know what to do with her. If she is given a tragic end, it will be conflicted with the family themed. If let her stays, there won't be a happy ending. So let us hocus pocus her over night to become a decent person.....#EyesRoll

Agree agree! I definitely was hoping her to admit herself in the mental hospital or something. It was weird how it was just one weibo post that changed her. 

also as someone who stalked her son, I was high surprised she didn’t know about the post. 

Overall, at the end i’m glad that let Zi Qiu stay single with no ship, because from the beginning til’ the end, the only thing he cared about was his family. 

**I actually was hoping to see a family dinner as an ending, wrapping it up with Dad Li’s cooking. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

4 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

**I actually was hoping to see a family dinner as an ending, wrapping it up with Dad Li’s cooking. 

Ahhh you speak my mind! I really need this scene! Just add one more special ep to show the later life, i will be so gratefull! 

I love all the characters especially Dad Li HaiChao, what a noble person. This drama really made me cry and laugh a lot! My family found me really strange, after laughing then crying and then back laughing sigh...

I also really like He Qiu character, and really admire Steven Zhang, i dont really paid attention to him in Young Blood. I will watch his other series. 

Will miss the family! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i agree with you totally on this and no medical help or cure can happen overnight......however in a silent voice can i say im glad they flush and rush the ending a lil.....as to be honest i cant stand ChenTing....as much as i understand her situation....seeing her face make me want to grab into the scene and shake some sense into her....

she took her life than facing the responsibilities she need to take to be forgiven.....what LX told her is the truth....you know you're wrong so you should live and take responsibilities for it.....instead of running away leaving everything behind that is not the way you make amend.....

what LingXiao said to her is actually a closure to himself as well....he need to forgive CT for making his life hell so that he can move on and live a better a life without her at his sides reminding him of his guilt....

in the letter ChenTing did apologize....not much was written...however it was mention that she didnt want to face what was there.....and what she need to admit to herself to set not only herself free however also LingXiao free from the guild that he had been carrying for over 19 years......

i think the moment ChenTing didnt died of suicide, it was forgiven....as much as i wanted to say that ChenTing leaving for SG might only be for a year or so...however this is went willingly....she didnt went in grudge, however she went and most probably will stay there after Orange graduation and Orange definitely seems to prefer to stay in SG than in China....

ChenTing might or might not follow her....however i want to choose to believe that things will be better from then on.....

thats on me ahahaha... 

NO IG embedded allowed my dear

I totally understand & concur with your feeling of relief when CT went away from LX. This was what most of the viewers wanted for LX- living a life without CT's presence. I am really happy that she left China & went back to Singapore. So I don't blame you for hoping that that's the end for her.

It is just that I think the writers & story were capable enough to give us the strong resolution that the viewers wanted- LX breaking off his ties with his mom permanently for his own happiness. That would have made the message of the show come out more strongly that family ties due to blood are not as important as family ties forged due to love. But in the end to wrap the story up in the decided number of epis with a happy hopeful ending, they went with the most typical end for them. 

But just this one point does not take away all that the series has managed to accomplish. It gave us a true blue found family story with partnership between 2 dads, 2 sons & 1 daughter.

Li Ba's character is the standout for me from all the excellent characters that we got. He was a dad who played the role of the mother in the family. His parenting style with the children was love- it was not the most perfect but nothing can ever be. He gave them the thing that they required the most- a happy, warm, loving home which was their safe place. 

ZQ is the most filial loving son & brother. His care & worry for them really always brought tears to my eyes. His wish to be a legal part of the family & his struggles with abandonment by his mom were portrayed very well. He is the doting brother that every girl wishes for. I am sure he will make a great husband to someone in the future. 

LJJ & LX have to be mentioned together because they were written to be together from the first meeting with them. The story begins with their first meet. They are the sort of couple who were just born to be together. Right from the start LJJ's sunshine warm personality & genuine care for him pulls LX out of his gloomy tense world. She is his north star. LX is also the guiding force in LJJ's life- he protects her, advises her, pulls her out of trouble that she has gotten herself into. I love their relationship a lot. 

We got the beautiful friendship between the girls who then grew up into women together. They were each other's sounding board for their problems, giving comfort & advise, helping each other to grow. They had fights like the fight we usually have with our own girlfriends, gossiped about each other, felt jealous of each other at different points but they never gave up on their love & trust on each other. This friendship was a precious gem in the show.

• Like 1

Finished the raws, finished the subbed episodes, and I've had time to let the drama's ending percolate.  Ultimately, the conclusion is that I liked it, but it definitely felt rushed and there are also a few things that still niggle.  I kind of wish the drama had about two more episodes on it because I feel like that would've given the story time to round itself out, but I'm mindful as well that one of the things I have really appreciated about this drama is that at no time did it drag either.  Truly, the charm of this drama is that it gave us a cast of characters and made us fall in love with each and every one of them.  (Well, okay, most everyone.  There are some I know we could've done without.  :P)

- He Zi Qiu: When the drama started, he was the sibling I felt the sorriest for.  Although JJ and LX came from single parent homes, and LX also had a broken family, they at least had a parent and didn't suffer the same questions that ZQ grappled with all his life.  But as the story unfolded, we learned that he had actually had a pretty amazing mom and by the end, I actually felt like his story was the one that was most complete.  ZQ found his family, his security, and as @Lynne would say, he found his "Happiness."  It's been no secret that I also wanted to see him in a relationship by the end of the drama, but even I have to admit, the story never took him there and that's okay.  I've got plans for him regardless -- hehe! 

All in all, ZQ remains my favorite sibling in this drama and I credit ZXC for that.  His acting was just aces!  (And for anyone looking for another project of his to watch, I recommend "My Huckleberry Friends.")

- Li Jian Jian/Ling Xiao: I'm just going to group the two of them together because they come as a pair anyway.  Honestly, LJJ's character had the least room to grow once she literally grew up.  Although she grew up motherless, her father more than made up for that lack and she was pretty adjusted throughout.  It's Ling Xiao, on the other hand, who seemed to decompensate before our very eyes.  I actually found that unsettling and wished the drama had done more to help him, because really, once the arc of him and JJ becoming a couple was completed, all we ever saw of him were scenes where he struggled to cope with the trauma that was his mother (with JJ feeling more like a nursemaid than a girlfriend, IMO).  It's unfortunate for him that so much of his progress was tied with Chen Ting's and that didn't get resolved until the very last hour; sigh.  Also, the one thing I really really wanted for him was the one thing he never got -- as @Lodestar already mentioned: would it have killed someone to reassure poor LX that he was not responsible for his little sister's death, and that he owed his mother nothing???  His father had the perfect opportunity at the end and I so thought that's where the dialogue was going to take them, since he brought it up, but instead they turned to the window and watched the thunderstorm, and I am still harumphing over that!

- Chen Ting: As you all know, I always hoped she would turn around and become a better person -- for her son's sake -- and in the end, we got that.  But why does it feel too little/too late???  Others have already commented on the things I disliked (the last minute suicide attempt, her selfish need to make her children chose sides, etc.) so I won't rehash those points.  But I will say that for the peace of all, I am glad that the drama ends in a way that allows everyone to move on.  As LX told his mother, only by staying alive can she make up for the past, and I believe she will.  Whether she stays in Singapore or eventually moves back to China, I think she, LX, Orange, and JJ will be fine. 

- Papa Ling & Orange: Papa Ling was pretty much the same throughout so there's not much to say there, lol, but I will say that I appreciated what he said to CT at the elevator.  Apologizing and shouldering some of the blame for the past, and finally!  An acknowledgment of PTSD.  As for Orange, I really enjoyed watching her character development particularly once ZQ stepped in to provide guidance.  It was sweet to watch.  (But, no, I'm not going to ship them!  Haha.)

- Papa Li & He Mei: I'm just going to insert a bunch of imaginary hearts here.  They are simply the best with Papa Li being my absolute favoritest character in this drama.  As for HM, the only additional thing I want to comment on regarding her character is the moment when JJ called her, "Ma!"  I loved the way her entire face lit up.  It reminded me of the first time ZQ called Papa Li, "Ba!"  [insert more hearts]  :)

- Ming Yue, Tan Can, & Zhang Bei: It's a well-written drama that makes you care about the side characters as well, and I definitely felt that here.  I genuinely want to know how MY will fare in Beijing and what she'll do in two years after her internship is over.  Heck, I even care about her parents at this point!  Similarly, I'm curious how TC's play will turn out, wish for her success as an actress, and am rooting for ZB to win her heart back! 

I want to know how all of these characters and their lives will continue... but I guess that's the best way for a drama to end.  In a place where it leaves us wanting more.  ;) 

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

17 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I have to disagree about QM's mother receiving a harsher punishment than CT. Yes, she was divorced by her husband & she learned that her daughter did not appreciate all the decisions & sacrifices that she had made but she knows that her daughter loves her the most in the world. She will be there for her through thick & thin. At the moment, she might feel the loss of her obedient husband but she will realise that he was not a true partner for her because he was not obedient because of agreement but due to his lack of courage for confrontation. She will be happy once again I am sure.

CT on the other hand always has to live with the knowledge that she is the one who is to blame for the mess that she made of her life. She knows that her children are happier without her & are only with her because of their filial duty & because they are decent human beings who care for her somewhat even after all her faults. She knows that she doesn't have their respect or trust. She is truly lonely. So her fate is definitely worse from my POV.

Rest I agree with your comments about the rushed ending. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I have to disagree about QM's mother receiving a harsher punishment than CT. Yes, she was divorced by her husband & she learned that her daughter did not appreciate all the decisions & sacrifices that she had made but she knows that her daughter loves her the most in the world. She will be there for her through thick & thin. At the moment, she might feel the loss of her obedient husband but she will realise that he was not a true partner for her because he was not obedient because of agreement but due to his lack of courage for confrontation. She will be happy once again I am sure.

I agree.  Although the divorce may feel like a loss, I hope through this experience she will learn to live a life for herself. 

• Like 1

My Fanfics