The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

The other confusing thing about spoilers for this show is that they've been coming out in a non-chronological fashion and sometimes it feels rather contradictory. Let's say if she's only been conferred the title of concubine and not consort so then when they're divorced later, why would she be forced to be buried with him.?  Shouldn't the divorce render the marriage null and void? So is that missing dream sequence we saw even a credible part of the equation? So if he does actually marry Screechy Princess why isn't she at the mourning and the one being buried instead? How reliable are these dream sequences in the first instance.

Obviously FR does get buried in a coffin at some point as seen in the BTS footage but not necessarily because he dies  especially if he's the one who finds and rescues her. And if they're divorced.

I can understand him giving her a divorce down the track to set her free especially if he's forced to marry Screechy Princess or if things with Ruyi Pavilion turn complicated for both. 

Just trying to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together in my head.

I also noticed from the preview that she attempts to sacrifice herself in the same way as Yunxi did for LFY. Another nod to LoYX and reversal. His punishment for Ge Chuan is hilarious. 

3 hours ago, SnT said:

Huai wan is raised by his birth mum. He loves his mum so much n doesnt understand why he is cold to their mum. To him why is mum hung up over XJ. Of course he doesn't understand motherly love. But i feel him siding his bro. He complained about XJ n how xj causes mayhems in town (with jushui incident) but at crunch time he never join XM n he asked his dad to be kinder to XJ n offer to go catch him. He knows he will not harm him like others who go look for him. He is a young brother of some sort who likes to complain to mum n dad about his older brother. 

My most basic complaint about Prince Huai is that he doesn't know anything and presumes he knows enough to make judgments. That sort of attitude doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure he means well on some level because he is in large part mummy's boy. It's fine not to understand someone's behaviour but if you're going to be critical of them then be sure that you're in full possession of the facts. I realise that he's had a relatively sheltered life and his view of how the world is rather narrow. Thankfully he's not actively working against XJ but I don't see him spending a lot of time with his brother or trying to get to know him. He's already biased and judgmental.

I'm not just referring to the incident of the jail break. He also accused Xu Jin of not handling their uncle's case very well when their mother was grieving over the suicide. There seems to me to be a pattern of thinking at work here that suggests deep-seated resentment.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Additional to my remarks on the spoilers for the show...

I was rewatching the first couple of episodes yesterday and it seems to me that something has already changed. Because in that early dream sequence FR was marrying XJ under duress. The voice over was saying that she had lost her entire family and had to marry XJ. From more recent previews of Episode 19 her entire family's still intact and getting all that amazing dowry from XJ.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.40.56 pm

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.41.08 pm

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.38.29 pm

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 4.38.45 pm

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjummai think out of the whole court, it was only ahnwan in the beginning supporting XJ. In ep 1 he commended his poem, saying his poem is grade A. N in court he stopped huaiwan from bad mouthing suwan saying u two r brothers.. Ahn started good n he respect Suwan. Thst is why i find the reason for him turning dark rather lame.

There are many fans making videos online on thus drama. I watched so many as well. N u r right. Many even simply put it together without addressing the chronologival order properly. 

For me the dreams appear early in the show with XJ seeing himself marrying in ep15. After that we don see much of dream bit. I agree we should take the dreams w a pinch of salt. The dream is her family fall into a bad state. Her sister married bad n die in childbirth, her brother died young, her father was executed. So this poor FRl for some reasons, marry prince of su as his secondary consort. Not explained why he took her especially she is already from a disgraced family. He already at the time has a primary consort - the bratty princess. The morning after wedding as per tradition, she need to serve tea to his wangfei as respect. There in her dream she was scalded n bullied. In her dreams he is cold even when she was hurt by his wangfei n did not love her. He either married to help her or was forced to marry her. During the dream wedding she obviously was stress n  scare n did not smile. Later episodes lthere is dream of her being forced to buried with him because he died. His guard push her into her coffin. In her dream, as far as i see there was no divorce. She was his secondary consort, valid to be buried w him. 

In real life things already totally changed esp the story itself. they met, she disliked him n want to hv nothing to do with him. He was suspicious of her but episode by episode he falls in love w her, esp 13, 14, 16. At ep18 we all can see he totally fall in love n any one would say he loves her more than she loves him. At episode 18 i think she has very strong liking n trust him to protect her, grateful too. We all did not see any lovey dovey on her part. So they marry n the preview shows emperor only grant her secondary consort. N wbq went to send bethrothal gift worthy of a wangfei n convey messagw to assure lord fu that FR will be his Suwan only wife. In all subsequent preview he n hisvhousehold address her as wangfei.

I believe story already flow n move on its own momentum n we can more or less no need to read too much into her dreams anymore.  we will see them falling out because of ruyi pavillion. N ahnwan creating problems for them. Of course chengwan n gang, kidnapped fr n hide her in coffin. In the bts he explained he went to save her n gone berserked trying to get xindu marquis n son to reveal her location. 

Poor Xj is totally facing enemies from every corner. No wonder he believed he is jinxed too. Yes he did divorced her, imprisoned her n inform her he want to marry a zhengfei. These are the bombs. But we also see her taking a knife for him, he jumping off the cliff to be with her. We just don know if the drama goes in the direction of noble idiocracy or the two leads love each other n the overcoming all obstacles together. 

Edited by SnT
  • Insightful 3
2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Additional to my remarks on the spoilers for the show...

I was rewatching the first couple of episodes yesterday and it seems to me that something has already changed. Because in that early dream sequence FR was marrying XJ under duress. The voice over was saying that she had lost her entire family and had to marry XJ. From more recent previews of Episode 19 her entire family's still intact and getting all that amazing dowry from XJ.

Hide contents

Very different already.. Now they msrried because they r in love. But unfortunately daddy emperor only allow him taking her as secondary consort. 

Edited by abs-oluteM
Removed quoted image
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2
4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hi @40somethingahjumma 

Chingu I think I have an explanation for this 

My opinion on this premonition is that it has already pass. She has already saved them. She has the premonition when she is EMOTIONAL. In the first episode Her family would have died  because 1. Her sister did marry Qi Ce. ( she change that fate already
2  Brother was poisoned (She saved him from the poison 

3. Her parents Death no premonition yet ( IT HASN’T OCCURRED YET) 

4. when she gets buried ( She saw when SCREECHING PRINCESS WAS NEAR HER AT HEE BESTIES CORONATION) 

What do you guys think? @abs-oluteM @SnT

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f2b09b96fe7a4f203a

• Insightful 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Let us all take a guess for fun. N see how good of a scriptwriter we are. 😜😜😜

My guess is he want her to leave him because things are getting too dsngerous n so he  informed he want to take zhengfei to make her leave him. Anhwan comes to comfort her n she was heartbroken. I saw a shot at the cliff where screechy was in wedding cloth prob on the way to marry XJ. They got ambushed n they fall off cliff. When two ladies fall together, XJ jumped off to be with furong. Truly the case of man making a choice of who u will save haha.... So they prob cannot break up after that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHFzy3phcWH/?igshid=5nw4kixg4a54

Then consort duan got poisoned n FR got captured by cheng wan gang. Xj went to look for her, saved her n proving his love again ahnwan was in background in the rain watchung them. He lost her again to SW XJ.

Ahn now gone crazy n doubled his force n start to frame XJ n using ruyi pavillion. The two leads totally breakup. Xj decide to just divorce her n when she found out it was ahn doing, She took the sword blow for XJ. To me anhwan incident will be the grand finale. Second wedding n happily ever after. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 1
8 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Hi @40somethingahjumma 

Chingu I think I have an explanation for this 

My opinion on this premonition is that it has already pass. She has already saved them. She has the premonition when she is EMOTIONAL. In the first episode Her family would have died  because 1. Her sister did marry Qi Ce. ( she change that fate already
2  Brother was poisoned (She saved him from the poison 

3. Her parents Death no premonition yet ( IT HASN’T OCCURRED YET) 

4. when she gets buried ( She saw when SCREECHING PRINCESS WAS NEAR HER AT HEE BESTIES CORONATION) 

What do you guys think? @abs-oluteM @SnT

Her father may die.  Cause there is a part on her wearing funeral clothing. 

I don think XJ actually married screechy. I din see in any trailers, bts etc of him marrying her.. More like all talk n no action. Or simehow it din happen. Seeing how much he loves her i think not likely he will go marry another 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I have noticed Ahn seems to always be late in saving Fu Rong. His revenge seems to take priority at times.  From the synopsis at Wiki. How do you like my story telling now  lol lol 

Spoiler

I believe that Duke Ahn will end up getting the bracelet from Fu Rong and find out the truth behind the Empress and Dowager Princess. That is why Consorr Duan ends up dead. DEAD !!! His search at RP ( RuYi Pavillion lead him to ZYC. 

I believe Zhang Yao Cheng  ( WBQ’s dad ) will reveal everyone secret to protect himself. But like a true vilain he will die also because he was greedy. If you watch he only advises but never gets his has dirty. Since he doesn’t sully his hands he believes he isn’t guilty at all.  I do wonder if he even loves his eldest son at all.  Once he finds out the truth he will be even more angry and feel bad for taking out on Duke Su when he was innocent of all the hate he has for him. Consort Duan is so greedy and only think of herself and son . 

Has anyone see a scene where the Emperor cries I have been wondering about why and who he was with. @abs-oluteM @SnT

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

2 hours ago, Kana said:

Ladies, i know its late and off topic but i would love to hear your take on the legend of yunxi's ending. 😆😆😆

I was confused ( put in spoiler as it is off topic) 

Spoiler

I can’t decide if she lived but I think the logical ending is she didn’t . It was painful but it made more sense than the alternate ending they tried to give to appease the fans after the uproar. Let’s say the writer better have learnt her lesson .  :lol:

@SnT @UnniSara @40somethingahjumma thanks for all the insights / speculations . I just think that XJ may not marry that annoying princess after all . The running theme seems to indicate that it is possible to change one’s fate . 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I just think that XJ may not marry that annoying princess after all . The running theme seems to indicate that it is possible to change one’s fate

@abs-oluteM I am also thinking the same thing. 

@SnT I am curious which scene is the funeral clothes ??

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c02b714b71d21511c9

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@UnniSaraat the ending song. He seems to be in a arm sling n she was in funeral cloth. Someone died.

With legend of yunxi i find the push n pulling in yunxi rather tiring. I find lfy annoying at the end pushing her away then the moment he sees merxat, he goes running back to yunxi. I mean either u leave her alone or just hang on no matter what. I find yunxi a little silly about her relationship with merxat. So obvious the guy is into her n she keep going to see him.. Roll my eyes. I love them up till ep 20 plus. Then it got draggy. The ending which is open ending with him seeing her in that garden n she has no expression while hugging him is too much for me, not acceptable. Its like i invested 48 episodes n suffered their push n pull n all the nasty antics by that 2nd female (BLMX), really hated her and they cant hv the courtesy to wrap it up properly. If she died then yes very sad, i will cry buckets, my heart aches for him n if i were him i don know how i can go on knowing the person die to save me. But if they want her live then do it properly too. No this half cooked let u hv whatever u like ending. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On page 9 already! What a chatty lot we are! It's a good show and I am chuffed by the thought that Screechy Princess will be relegated to the sidelines. I doubt that this Xu Jin... our Xu Jin... would ever give her the time of day after his fan speech. (One fan, one heart) Unless of course external pressure is put on him and it has something to do with protecting Fu Rong. Hence the divorce. (Again a nod to LoYX)

Basically the premonitions are possibilities... of what could be if the characters follow a certain trajectory. Alternate timelines or parallel lives. Some things are fixed like marriage to Xu Jin but the circumstances surrounding that can differ markedly. In either case, she's not destined to end up with Xu Ping. Heh. 

That said, there will be trials and tribulations. That's to be expected. But they've both changed their "fate" because they met early and got entangled in all kinds intrigue together. 

So Fu Rong being a busybody... and jolly mischief maker... stumbling onto this and that... turns out to be a good thing. For almost everybody.

As for the question of what I thought about the ending of LoYX...

Spoiler

It was a bit of a cop out but the magic bracelet was part of the storyline... although we were never told that it could raise people from the dead.

Too rushed to be properly enjoyed to be honest. But I enjoyed most of the drama including the push and pull. I loved the angst and watching LFY battling with himself. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I m rewatching their episode at the village. The bickering are just so funny. He is really not good at courting a gal. He bought the entire bunch of pouch n she thought they are all gift for her. Actually we know he want to give that particular one to her but so practically used others as door gifts when going around asking for info.  She is so embarassed that when he really got her the lanterns she was  like nay i m not going to think too much n embarrassed myself again, thinking he got for me. So she point to the ladder n told him u can hang there.... Muahaha.... These two, sigh... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I am also curious about the pharmacy. Like in the first eps, the 9th uncle's hair accessory was upside down and when  xu jin's doc fixed it, it focused on the design ,and then also focused on the stamp. Hmmmmm like what could have been the significance haha 

And can somebody transate this too?

Edited by Kana
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
31 minutes ago, Kana said:

I am also curious about the pharmacy. Like in the first eps, the 9th uncle's hair accessory was upside down and when  xu jin's doc fixed it, it focused on the design ,and then also focused on the stamp. Hmmmmm like what could have been the significance haha 

ohhh good point. Coming to think of it is must be important as they took time to show us scenes there. 

Am happy we are all have a good discussion going on. With historical dramas , large cast , a number of subplots it really helps because you all remind me of so many details I have forgotten.

By the way this MV of the 2nd pair also has some spoilers of their progress

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

20 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ohhh good point. Coming to think of it is must be important as they took time to show us scenes there. 

Am happy we are all have a good discussion going on. With historical dramas , large cast , a number of subplots it really helps because you all remind me of so many details I have forgotten.

By the way this MV of the 2nd pair also has some spoilers of their progress

Omg i saw this!!! He was gonna get paralysed or whatever probably because of the arrow shot

Edited by abs-oluteM
Removed quoted videos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Kana said:

Aw.sorry,now let me figure out how to delete that

no worries...I have deleted it for you. It is quite easy, just go into the quoted parts and remove ( backspace )  all quoted images , videos & social media stuff. The main reason we ask people to do this is so that we can save some storage & it helps with loading as well for members with slow internet. 

• Like 3

Welcome and Thank you for joining us at JangHaven @gween97 Also give us your point of view too chingu. I love reading all comments to show me another perspective that I didn’t see at all. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1