The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

I love Zhun ge running his little mouth to in front of the family telling his parents tid bit.. lol. He’s basically telling everyone that his father favours Shiyi too much until he listens to everything Shiyi is telling him😆😆😆. So satisfying that QLF is there.. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 2
58 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

Our Marquis is scared of the new feeling he has. He is scared of falling in love with Shiyi. So cute..lol. That’s why he is emotionally unstable before Shiyi he said he is like stone. Then Shiyi must be the water..😂😂

yes the feeling is really foreign for him.....he had stop himself from feeling much so that he can rebuild the family and push forward after the downfall and i guess he is worried that ShiYi will become his weakness

26 minutes ago, SnT said:

I love how brother 5 kuan describe houye...one thing is meant to control one thing. Like nature mouse is scare of cat (he din say this but he use  some tofu example). Saying that lingyi finalky met his match. Chunge just so cute n innocent... Whatever mommy says daddy will do n he never get angry hahaha.... Even a kid can tell. 

yes hahaha...and i think this is the part that scare off our HouYe for a bit before he came to realize how much he love ShiYi the part where Qiao Niang tried to murder ShiYi and him riding to rescue again...pretty sure this will happen hehehe...

18 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

I love Zhun ge running his little mouth to in front of the family telling his parents tid bit.. lol. He’s basically telling everyone that his father favours Shiyi too much until he listens to everything Shiyi is telling him😆😆😆. So satisfying that QLF is there.. lol 

yes ... ShiYi didnt have to try very hard with ZhunGe, she encourage him and tried her best not to coddle him....

it something a child need, they are very sensitive and they can feel who are genuine to them....ShiYi love the kids all equally regardless was it ZhunGe or WenNiang's son, still she love them both

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

What I like about Shiyi’s relationship with Zhun is that she is filling the void that Zhun has from

losing is mother but Shiyi does it in such a natural and non-aggressive way. She loves and supports Zhun in ways that benefit the child instead of her. So we can clearly see that she is putting the child’s needs first. I also really appreciate that she doesn’t try to erase Yuanniang’s presence or memories. We saw this when she sang the same lullaby when Zhun was sick. Another thing I appreciate is how she is trying to bridge the gap between father and son. She clearly sees there is a distance between Zhun and Houye and she is encouraging them both to become closer. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

I think recent episodes clearly show the audience that they r good for one another. Everyone knows it except madame xu n the two persons themselves. Both cares already. In all shiyi action she actually cares for houye. I mean w fengchibg saga if she diesnt care why is he so angry, why would she take the wine n approach his chamber to get him to talk. A woman who doesnt care about the man, can just stay in her xikuayuan n take care of fengching would be sufficient d because lingyi says before do ur duties n don create prob thats all he  ever asked of her... Don think she need to go handle his family relationship probs. Why she go and bother w all his headaches right.

Houye no need to say, he is  one pitch higher d n he is feeling scare. He is feeling things he had never felt before. 

Dont u think they r stsrting to look comfortable with one another. She dress him n while chatting. She just walk in to his chamber w wine. They glanced at one another when they were seated at the hall n also ancestral hall. Its like comfortable which is a good start of a relationship. Kinda losing that awkwardness. When amber says houye not coming today for lunch, she was like ok. It looks like they hv many meals d for her to ask amber to confirm if he is coming. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMLcB5yD52J/?igshid=13ijif4ecrg2g

Official trailer 25 n 26. Looks like qlf will be offline soon. Yippeeee... N looks like they r retiring together in the same chamber. Wooohooo... So comfortable too.. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
26 minutes ago, Mouse said:

What I like about Shiyi’s relationship with Zhun is that she is filling the void that Zhun has from

losing is mother but Shiyi does it in such a natural and non-aggressive way. She loves and supports Zhun in ways that benefit the child instead of her. So we can clearly see that she is putting the child’s needs first. I also really appreciate that she doesn’t try to erase Yuanniang’s presence or memories. We saw this when she sang the same lullaby when Zhun was sick. Another thing I appreciate is how she is trying to bridge the gap between father and son. She clearly sees there is a distance between Zhun and Houye and she is encouraging them both to become closer. 

yes....she doesnt push herself onto the child to get the child to accept her....however she do it slowly and let the child be comfortable with her presence instead...this is what i like about her....

24 minutes ago, SnT said:

Dont u think they r stsrting to look comfortable with one another. She dress him n while chatting. She just walk in to his chamber w wine. They glanced at one another when they were seated at the hall n also ancestral hall. Its like comfortable which is a good start of a relationship. Kinda losing that awkwardness. When amber says houye not coming today for lunch, she was like ok. It looks like they hv many meals d for her to ask amber to confirm if he is coming. 

hahaha definitely, remember the beginning of episode 19? where HouYe is trying to keep ShiYi in the bed for a tard longer and refuses to get up and tried to deter her from getting down the bed too.....hahha

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I need subtitles! I have no idea what is happening in the previews!! It doesn’t look good for Shiyi though and I can’t gauge what Houye is thinking. 

Ep 25 they r obviously retiring for the night like getting ready for bed. Houye still doesn't like the fact brother 5 loves opera. Shiyi says look he d doesn't smoke gamble n go brothels he just like Chinese opera. If u take his only hobby away would u worry he end up liking the other worst habits. N she added not everyone is like u houye.... Ehhhmmmm oops I think she is praising him again n she just realise she voices a good thought of him. He also stop n stare. 

Then madame xu smashed her cup n shiyi says i m sorry i lie to u. But i m not sorry to say that the i gave classes to the refugees n i m not sorry i say qlf cause my sister to die. In rhe old days fir a man to divorce a wife wo permission from her as is siu.. There are 7 conditions (qi chu zi tiau) like no kids after prolong marriage, rude to ur in laws, adultery, havoc created because of jealousy etc. So madam xu says fine, when houye comes back. It will be siu qi (divorce wife). N she walked out of the house n qiao snickered at her. Saying u hv commited the 7 deadly woman sins so now u being chased out if marquis Manor, hope u don blame us (good luck m all the best in a sarcastic way). 

HouYe came home n zhaiying quickly report urgent home matters. Furen got kick back to luo manor by madanw xu. Lingyi n shiyi looks like having a quarrel n she says houye just doesn't believe me. 

Ep 26 start with houye hand her brither n divorce letter n look like everyone including qiao believe she will be taking over shiyi position as main wife. Qiao is about to commit murder. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I need subtitles! I have no idea what is happening in the previews!! It doesn’t look good for Shiyi though and I can’t gauge what Houye is thinking

43 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i'm totally waiting for this one...HouYe seems to come out from the house from this link and i think MadameXu will finally have her eyes big open on this niece of hers!!!

http://t.cn/A6tYSI0d?m=4612781586779744&u=3735838407

Yipeee.. No more qiao after that.. Ya that madame xu need to hv her eyes check. What did she says about qiao... Kind well mannered n gentle. I just love danyang. N that slap. Finally someone to slsp qiao. 

https://m.weibo.cn/search?containerid=100103type%3D1%26t%3D10%26q%3D锦心似玉&extparam=c_type%3D23%26q%3D锦心似玉预告%26pos%3D0&luicode=10000011&lfid=100103type%3D1%26t%3D10%26q%3D锦心似玉预告#&video

Hopefully can open. Something for tonight. 

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, SnT said:

Yipeee.. No more qiao after that.. Ya that madame xu need to hv her eyes check. What did she says about qiao... Kind well mannered n gentle. I just love danyang. N that slap. Finally someone to slsp qiao. 

echo you...i was like 'damn! ' when she was slapped yesterday night and after that she went into ShiYi's camp and even her nanny told her that she need to mix more with ShiYi 

i went all 'YES YES YES' hahahaha

• Haha 3
18 hours ago, Yana said:

Hi girls.... just want to let u all know... been missing for 2days now. i was in an accident last Saturday. injured on both of my legs and some on my head. Also... today i lost my grandmother. i will be back soonest. Now i just need time to recover.      LOVE-YANA:heart:

Oh no! So sorry to hear what happened. Deepest condolences to you and your family.

As for you and your state of health, please be well soon.

Sending lots of love and well-wishes from here to over there :love: 

• Like 4

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

Thank you for explaining the previews @SnT! Definitely excited for the next episodes. 

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

i'm totally waiting for this one...HouYe seems to come out from the house from this link and i think MadameXu will finally have her eyes big open on this niece of hers!!!

http://t.cn/A6tYSI0d?m=4612781586779744&u=3735838407

yay!!! I’m so happy to see that she’s finally being exposed for all her evil deeds!! 

And I must admit I’m a total sucker for scenes where the male lead saves the female lead. Just look at how Houye dashes in to save and protect Shiyi! :SquirtleWonderfull:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

19 hours ago, Yana said:

Hi girls.... just want to let u all know... been missing for 2days now. i was in an accident last Saturday. injured on both of my legs and some on my head. Also... today i lost my grandmother. i will be back soonest. Now i just need time to recover.      LOVE-YANA:heart:

Please accept my deep condolences, Sabbe Sankhara Anicca for your Grandmother, now, she is watching you from up there, speedy recovery for you and we will always be here for you!

27 minutes ago, Mouse said:

yay!!! I’m so happy to see that she’s finally being exposed for all her evil deeds!! 

And I must admit I’m a total sucker for scenes where the male lead saves the female lead. Just look at how Houye dashes in to save and protect Shiyi!

Cant wait this ep! We can officially say good bye to QLF, but the next evil is waiting for Shiyi and LingYi and they are more evil than QLF. Mentally prepared!

Really i cant stop adoring how evil He HongShan can be, she is so different in Legend of the Phoenix, she is really talented actress but also a late rising star. Luckily she has a babyface so she can be paired with any younger actors.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

I wonder if she is somehow involved in her mum death. From the episode 20 can see it she cannot stop herself d. Clench her hands so badly when lingyi side shiyi abiut going home. 

I m still thinking how would sml find out she is married n not married but married to someone like marquis yong ping. It will be an interesting scenes. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mouse said:

Thank you for explaining the previews @SnT! Definitely excited for the next episodes. 

And I must admit I’m a total sucker for scenes where the male lead saves the female lead. Just look at how Houye dashes in to save and protect Shiyi! :SquirtleWonderfull:

exactly, how his arms came around ShiYi and protecting her, his expression of disgust at those hired hands trying to chop up ShiYi....it was like 

"How dare you guys dare to touch her!"

13 minutes ago, SnT said:

I wonder if she is somehow involved in her mum death. From the episode 20 can see it she cannot stop herself d. Clench her hands so badly when lingyi side shiyi abiut going home. 

i think she might be the key to it.....

cause it seems like YuanNiang failing health seems to have something to do with LianFang too ......

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SnT said:

I think QLF is not behind Shiyi's mother death, since at the moment, Shiyi had not been appointed as Xu Ladyship officialy, Shiyi was still engaged to Wang Family. And Yuan Niang still alive and has not asking to Ling Yi to accept Shiyi as her replacement. So no reason QLF want to get rid Shiyi, and she also didnt have spies in Luo Family.

I prefer someone from Luo Family like Amber and Luo Ladyship, which they only want to stop Shiyi and her mother, but killed her accidentally.

55 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

cause it seems like YuanNiang failing health seems to have something to do with LianFang too ...

This i think this can be involving QLF, but i dont know, i think she turns evil since she step into Xu Family. And we can see QLF's phase will be over, so i think she is just a passerby.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

This i think this can be involving QLF, but i dont know, i think she turns evil since she step into Xu Family. And we can see QLF's phase will be over, so i think she is just a passerby.

somehow she was already evil even before she steps into the Xu Households, she wanted to get in....

YuanNiang failing health after the miscarriage was her opportunity and to speed up the process she might do something about it further as i remember before her nanny went away....she was like reminding LianFang to be caution not to be caught for doing 'something' during that period of times....

so somehow i think YuanNiang passing might have something to do with QLF though i doubts about ShiYi's mother death though...

• Like 4

I think it is more accidental.. Shiyi mum desth is csused by her seeing or hearing something she should not hv heard or seen. It was not targeted at her specifically. Maybe qiao was meeting someone who is suppose to help her finish off yuanniang. N it was stumbled upon by shiyi mother. I think it is ok to be whoever as long as it does not cause shiyi to doubt houye n create some silly misunderstanding then good for me. N still hv my question marks on qin concubine. I reckon she is a psychopath in hiding. Prob hate everyone but look lowly n sad. 

I can't wait to see wallace flying on his horse in to save shiyi. I saw in reviews he does all the riding scenes hinself. So good to be able to see man n horse together in one frame. He flies on horses. Love it. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, SnT said:

I think it is more accidental.. Shiyi mum desth is csused by her seeing or hearing something she should not hv heard or seen. It was not targeted at her specifically. Maybe qiao was meeting someone who is suppose to help her finish off yuanniang. N it was stumbled upon by shiyi mother. I think it is ok to be whoever as long as it does not cause shiyi to doubt houye n create some silly misunderstanding then good for me. N still hv my question marks on qin concubine. I reckon she is a psychopath in hiding. Prob hate everyone but look lowly n sad. 

I can't wait to see wallace flying on his horse in to save shiyi. I saw in reviews he does all the riding scenes hinself. So good to be able to see man n horse together in one frame. He flies on horses. Love it. 

that make senses too.....so that means LianFang will have 2 person bloods on her hands and now she is going to kill off ShiYi and that will be the 3rd if she suceeded

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, SnT said:

24 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

that make senses too.....so that means LianFang will have 2 person bloods on her hands and now she is going to kill off ShiYi and that will be the 3rd if she suceeded

Yeah i think i agree with @SnT it sounds make sense. Also currently i have my eyes on Concubine Qin and Amber, they both looks fragile and mentally weak, can be manipulated easily, and this kind of people are very dangerous when they can't control their hatred and emotion.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
20 hours ago, SnT said:

, https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMKLuwmLevs/?igshid=1cc1ync11umw6

Oofff this is getting interesting. Are they investigating qiao? Looks like that sort of trope. 

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

cause it seems like YuanNiang failing health seems to have something to do with LianFang too ......

I thought the instagram link in @SnT's post above has Lianfang admitting that she caused Yuanniang's death?

-- Translation for Mouse 😂 --

Lianfang: Shiyi Niang, I did not want to kill you, but you brought yourself to my door, so don't blame me for not being polite.

Shiyi Niang: You made so much effort to chase here to silence me, you should admit that it was you who harmed my big sister!

Lianfang: Indeed I caused Yuanniang's death. Do you think you will survive to tell someone about it?

---

By the way, why are the previews available so many episodes in advance?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Do you guys know anything about Concubine Tong? In the story the women is actually Yuanniang maid that seduced LingYi when he was heavily drunk. And was she was made concubine to avoid scandal. I wonder in the novel if Ou family had a hand on it or Madame Lou/Yuanniang? Because I think at some point Yuanniang and LingYi goes distant due to the trust between them broken, and towards end of her life she’s regretful towards Xu LingYi. 

Our Marquis is somewhat pitiful because all other women was forced to him and eyeing his status only with no real feelings. Only Shiyi sees him and his burden. As Shiyi is his first love, so understandable that he is scared because he’s getting out of control when he supposed to be fair&just but couldn’t help but favours Shiyi too much. 

What I like in episode 20 is LingYi adoration & respect towards Shiyi increasing because she is really capable and it shows when she become embroidery teacher to the refugees. Instead of getting angry he looks proud when the one of her student explained that Shiyi has been a big help with the refugees issues. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Eps 19 & 20 were so sweet. I know much has been said about how XLY has changed - he's becoming more open & a lot less set in his ways which is surprising those around him. Credit goes to Shi Yi  of course who gently admonishes him or gives him her views without overstepping her boundaries. Shi Yi is wise beyond her years . While Qian Fang is also clever and careful with her words , the difference is that QF is sly and cunning , and the sweet words that come from her mouth are hollow and pretentious. It is not possible for XLY to find her attractive. With Shi Yi, he finds himself opening up to her because she is genuine. The choices she makes and the intentions behind those choices are never to advance her own interests, something that XLY has come to observe over time. I like the fact that he is beginning to question how he is changing as a person. 

But it isn't only XLY that is slowly falling for Shi Yi. Shi Yi too sees the many good qualities he has and there's  implicit trust on her part . She knew immediately that FengQing could not be his son . And she speaks well of his character to her maids. She may not know it but he has already invaded her thoughts. How cute was this scene. One of my favourite things is that Shi Yi is helping father & son to bond better.

zl2Phk5.jpg

I also have to give credit to how the writer has written Shi Yi's character. I know to appeal to a younger generation of audience, writers often like to weave in strong feminist type personalities into their stories. While I have no issues with that, sometimes it seems rather out of place especially in a historical setting when strength of character ends up coming across as being foolish and unnecessarily stubborn. I am glad that Shi Yi is not written that way. 

1 hour ago, MorningDew said:

Do you guys know anything about Concubine Tong?

Lol...you know what was my 1st reaction...one more concubine??? :shocked2:. Poor man has like 6 wives and none that he had really wanted for himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

She may not know it but he has already invaded her thoughts.How cute was this scene.

Yes I agree.. she may not realized this because she’s been focusing on other issues like QLF and her antics, the household issues and also finding her mother killer. But she is slowly falling for him. The almost divorce situation must be crucial in helping her realized what’s important things she’s been missing *ehem* 

I don’t think they will get divorce because from the trailer of the red thread symbolises they will go through the storm together. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1