The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

One thing still bothering me is, how come General Fu is not acting like a general, and Marquise is higher than the general? I think Marquise is minister? General Fu is not smart and capable like General in other drama, he is like the same level with the boy maid n maid, everybody not give him a salute, just call him like that, even Dong Qing also rude to him. Although i wish Dong Qing and General Fu will be a pair lol.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Tothestars said:

One thing still bothering me is, how come General Fu is not acting like a general, and Marquise is higher than the general? I think Marquise is minister? General Fu is not smart and capable like General in other drama, he is like the same level with the boy maid n maid, everybody not give him a salute, just call him like that, even Dong Qing also rude to him. Although i wish Dong Qing and General Fu will be a pair lol.

Linbo is an assistant general. Fu means assistant not his surname. His name is Linbo. Lingyi is the general with a noble marquis title. The leading guy in the army is general. 

But xu family are nobles in society.. Nobles title are like duke (gong) , marquis (hou), Earl (bou). Noble titles are awarded by emperor. They are one step below imperial family. 

Marquis is a noble title reserve for specifically military man like General. Noble title is inheritable. 

By the way our houye is also a court official. Court official has different ranking. Usually 1 to 9. Oue houye is 2nd ranking. Ststed in ep 1. 

He is marquis Yong ping, xu ling yi, general zheng xi (translate as conquer west) n also made crown prince imperial  advisor. So yes therefore  he is super good catch. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, SnT said:

N he is going to try real hard chasing his wife. It will be fun to watch. Now he just want to be close to her. I think not necessary for the deed but for the companionship n just being near. 

the chase is going to be interesting to watch hehe

47 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

My darling @NiteWalkeror other fellow China Charms, what did they talk about on this BTS?:heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CME7FMNAxiP/?igshid=1s2pjtsdj3btu

hahaha they were saying how their character clash with the lead they are acting and also some of dialogue isn’t made to be talk about now....

wallace said there a lot of things that is done in the drama isn’t matching up with his age or it wasn’t someone his suppose to be acting out as hahaha

i think some of the dialogue is giving them mental break down lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
25 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

the chase is going to be interesting to watch hehe

hahaha they were saying how their character clash with the lead they are acting and also some of dialogue isn’t made to be talk about now....

wallace said there a lot of things that is done in the drama isn’t matching up with his age or it wasn’t someone his suppose to be acting out as hahaha

i think some of the dialogue is giving them mental break down lols

I think his dialogue must be too sugary that he cringe when doing it and has a mental breakdown hahaha.. 

He is too handsome for his age.. like does he never age??

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
7 minutes ago, SnT said:

I hv to admit i find daddi very good looking. Definitely a good rival to houye. But still i pity him, he loves someone wife n he doesn't even know it. 

I too find him cute too. He looks so innocent and he really likes Shi Yi

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I think casting Wallace to play LingYi was a perfect choice because the character is a mature and seasoned man, a leader. In the scene where the two men walk past each other - you can clearly see the difference in the way they carry themselves.

And Shiyi, despite her age, is very smart.

8 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

for some times i had thought that Amber is going to stay loyal to ShiYi, however after i seen that clips i pull that break a lil....

i hope that it wasnt as i thought it was...

I also thought that Amber was going to stay loyal to Shiyi.. I started to get doubtful in the scene where she overhears Shiyi and her maid talking about the fabric in the warehouse.. her facial expression there changed and it seemed suspicious to me. I wonder if Amber had something to do with Shiyi's mother's death..

@MorningDewthat new MV is just sooo sweet! I was sighing the entire time. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

I was re-watching that clip of LingYi holding the sword and Shiyi holding the scissors toward her neck and it occurred to me that maybe LingYi gave her the divorce letter thinking that Shiyi had feelings for Lin Shi Xian since she was willing to harm herself for his sake...

Ugh I just really need the new episodes so we can finally find the answers!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

6 hours ago, Mouse said:

I was re-watching that clip of LingYi holding the sword and Shiyi holding the scissors toward her neck and it occurred to me that maybe LingYi gave her the divorce letter thinking that Shiyi had feelings for Lin Shi Xian since she was willing to harm herself for his sake...

That is what i think. From the bts n clips, def it was houye bump into them having too close body contact. Doesnt help sml says u cant make her leave if she doesnt want to. Houye then start drawing his sword. I think shiyi put scissors yo herself to prevent the man fighting cause it will look bad on houye if things like this get out n if he harms master Ou, lingyi will be wronged for harming a normal person as he is an court official. But lingyi may read it differently... like what!!! u want to die for that guy. N he got injured in the process by her scissors. My feeling is It could be qiao doing.  Creating the misunderstanding of her having a man outside. From ep 22 to 24 trailers u can see she is losing control of her hatred to shiyi. Madame xu will chase her out too. 

After watching c dramas in modern n histirical period about sml n ml fightung over a gal, i ever asked my hubby why men behave so fiercely n may even fight for a woman. I told him i find it very stupid. Why cant they think n talk it through with the ladies first. He answered it is male nature. Males are very instinctively territorial like animals, when what they think theirs being threaten to be taken, their first instinct is to fight n grab it back. No words needed. Males state their claim first. It was very enlightening for me. So i guess c dramas do get it right in that way. Haha lol

11 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I love this scene in episode 18 

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Ya very obvious the level of maturity n stableness even in their walking. Wow our shiyi is so lucky to hv such good choices hahaha.... 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4
34 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@SnT I agree with your hubby, men can definitely be aggressive when they feel threatened or when someone is encroaching on their “territory”. Especially at a time when society was very very conservative where a single touch meant a lot. 

Ya my hubby says a man sees another man making advances toward his gf or wife esp, most guys will punch the other face n throw him out. Haha... It was a surprising fact to me. But looks like houye falls in the same category lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Mouse said:

I also thought that Amber was going to stay loyal to Shiyi.. I started to get doubtful in the scene where she overhears Shiyi and her maid talking about the fabric in the warehouse.. her facial expression there changed and it seemed suspicious to me. I wonder if Amber had something to do with Shiyi's mother's death..

im not sure about that path....we all know that Amber is Madame Luo's eyes to begin with....she planted that maid besides ShiYi so that she can kept a tab on her....

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

yes i saw that clips too....it will be a clip where the divorce happen....and also Madame Xu told ShiYi that she isnt qualified to see HouYe any more...i just hope the separation wont be long....like maybe only 2 or 3 episodes max....

right in the same clip is also where ShiYi went to the prison too....im not sure if it is connected and i wonder if ShiYi went to jail had anything to do with HouYe coming back for her and we have a reconcile relationship in between the two....

urgh...............i honestly dont want any separation in between the two at all....even though im trying to convince myself that sometimes separation will make them realize how much they care for each other instead lols....

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I bought TSATB trophy/medal! It's so cute!:hearties:

On 3/6/2021 at 2:08 AM, Mouse said:

As for reviews, if I like a drama, I don't care about what the reviews say. I will continue to watch and love it. I also don't follow ratings much. As long as they keep airing it, all is good. :cool:

Same here. As long as I like something then I don't mind if others don't. To each his own.:smile:

On 3/6/2021 at 3:39 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Previews for eps 24...so this is the part she was nauseous...but hmm  I don't actually think she's preggers...have they even done the deed yet ? :lol:

Oh, I want to see how they'll going to show it. :1000:

It will be subtle especially because of the drama's genre but I want to see the actors execution of the scene. Besides, a beautiful love scene never gets old.:cool:

23 hours ago, Mouse said:

I actually suspect he divorces her bec he thinks she betrayed him but then she ends up sacrificing herself for him which makes him realize she really loves him. 

Such plot is overused but I always fall for it. :PikachuFacePalm:

22 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Do you guys think LingYi ever have just a little bit of affection for Yuanniang. I noticed whenever he come home, he would look for her, maybe because she’s sick but it seems like she was still somewhat different compared to other people 

Madam Xu did say LY was respectful to YN but not really affectionate. I'm not sure if he fell in love with her but I think he was just respectful and nice.:MewWave:

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This is my first time watching Wallace Chung. But his expression is always so remote/aloof, most times, I don't know if his acting is bad (no offence) or he is trying not to laugh when he is with Shi Yi 😂

His expression is in between. I think it's a very good trait.:BulbaOWO:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

i hate any misunderstanding...!! however i guess its life and misunderstanding always happen at every corner sigh....

Yes, such are bound to happen in very drama but I actually don't mind because I get to see how the ML loves the FL. Especially if I love the ML, I don't care if it takes a few episodes before they resolved the problem. It's not that I take pleasure at the misfortune or difficulty of the leads but I love to see how the actors will execute the scenes and the intense kiss at the reconciliation.:MewWave:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

hehehhe...here come our knight in shining armor hahahah....u know they always have HouYe came galloping in with the horse.....hehehehe

cr: as tagged (from weibo)

Wallace looks so good galloping on horses..no need armour already shining knight. Lol. 1st ep already he came galloping in to shoot the arrow. Sigh.... That stature n frown looks so formidable. I think zzh also cannot match. Even though zzh n his riding is also one of my fav. 

Anyone actually realise shiyi master jian is suwan mother in ruyi. I just realise haha.... 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2