The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

47 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oh god, you mean they have broadcasted 18 episodes and they still haven’t kissed??? :shocked: Oh wait, is there supposed to be kissing in Chinese historical dramas???

I am at episode 5. The pace is a bit slow for me but the good thing is it is in Mandarin so I can watch and work at the same time. 👍

Have only seen minor bitching so far. Waiting to see how Erniang ends up marrying Wang Yu 😋

46 episodes ler! Cannot kiss so fast :Ghastlel:...Some of the earlier concubine scenes I had to FF. I only started paying close attention after she got married as I know it will be crucial to plot development. It gets better once the main pair starts interacting

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Previews for eps 24...so this is the part she was nauseous...but hmm  I don't actually think she's preggers...have they even done the deed yet ? :lol:

oooo in this preview for eps 25 he already knows about her investigating about her mother ..and she asked him for permission to test something out. Can someone explain more?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Ep 23 trailer they look very close.n hold hamds too. Normally they sit apart. Could it be they hv done it or at least kiss. 

Ok back to tralier, he asked whether she would like to set up a rememberance session at the mum death anniversary.using yuhang her hometown methodn

. She asked if she could hv a prayer session as well. He says ok. The prayer session scared qiao. Shiyi says if someone has never done bad things, even they hear doors knocking at night it is not scary to them meaning a clear conscience fears nothing. Brother 5 kuan told her qiao left the temple hall for about 1 hour as hw recall. Little Monk is back from hia long travel i guess n told her he heard a male voice talking to the woman he saw. 

Then sounding like the sml voice, someone says this embrodery style is a popolar prize among the pirates n the ppl who will hv the most access to them will be the xu who has most contact w the pirates n shiyi is snooping around n bump into someone. My suspect is sml. What poppy cock!!! . The ou family is using pirates to do smuggling. So in the whole capital ou has most contact w pirates n their goodies. Not xu family. Ous are the one who are against to lift the ban because their smuggling business has been so good n supporting the ou family a lot. (these are memtioned in early episode 8 after the long table offical meeting).

I bet my $$$ that the male voice is ou lixing. The one who bring the porridge incident. The two pirates, one in prison n 1 on the run wanted to look for the someone powerful who has been colluding w them to help them. The one in the prison before committing suicide told lingyi u r just a potato marquis u cant win them. He refused to tell him who is the powerful them. So the liuyong the pirates who supposedly killed shiyi mum was meeting someone powerful. I just dom know how a xu woman is involved. 

I just hope they don play the stupid card of shiyi thinking houye killed her mum. That will be too stupid. U guys noticed houye wearing red on thst day during the arrest n shiyi mum murder. Then again c drama sometimes make our leading lady from smart to dimwit in 3 sec. Remember ruyi, fr stabbing suwan on wedding night. Total no logic. Lingyi was surrounder by guards n general fu as there were like 15 pairs of eyes. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ep 24. The famous chunge tell tale scene. Grandma, daddy is a chicken, he needs mommy to hold him to sleep. Houye looks like he has sore arm holding shiyi in bed the whole night. Looks like a new level of closeness that may happen in  ep 21 to 23 maybe haha... 

Walking in the garden everyone thinks thst her lady is pregnant.. At night houye pull her to his lap a drop the big hint (if they haven't complete the deed) that he could help her if she really want a kid. Haha.... Our houye is flirting w his wife like crazy. Qiao is turning psycho... She thinks she can get houye love if she can get rid of shiyi. 

Bro 5 kuan told lingyi that ou lixing is getting very closed w wanyu (the er niang rascal husband). Looks like he is trying to be more useful w his time now. Must be after danyang n fengching incident. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Mouseour houye is really doing all sort of tricks including getting drunk to go to her chamber for the night haha... He is so drunk yet he can say go to bed, its over there haha lol ya right.

The last bit was taken out from official trailer though to shiyi giving him some soup. But i still hope they had done their hubby wifey thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hola’  just found this forum.  First, I just binged watched 18 episodes in 3 days.  I love this drama. It reminds me of Ming Lan.  
I haven’t scrolled up to read yet. But just wanted to hello! Hope to put my 2 cents in as the drama goes on

50 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@SnT did you see 2nd clip in that IG? Where it shows LingYi, Shiyi and Zhun in bed together? 

Yes!  I am starving for this drama.  I was searching YT and noticed a lot of figure clips.   Noticed the sad clips too.  There is so much to happen.

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hello @Mizv . Welcome to JangHaven & the thread . Glad you joined us here . Any highlights you enjoyed?

@Mouse @SnT @Yana so many diabetes inducing scenes to look forward to but laced with angst ! :wow2: When does she fall for him ? After this the divorce? So will they actually divorce & remarry ? I don’t mind spoiler if anyone knows the story.  Can put it in spoiler button. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@abs-oluteM we are waiting for new episodes so we don’t know what the series of events will be. We just know that he somehow ends up giving her a divorce letter but we don’t know the circumstances surrounding it. 

From the previews, it looks like we might be close to seeing Shiyi finally develop feelings for LingYi... perhaps at the Lantern Festival... or maybe before..

@Mizv welcome!! Please feel free to post your thoughts here or spazz or fangirl with us!! Glad to have you on board!!

I forgot to add that I think the divorce will come later bec she has to develop feelings for him first to be so heartbroken about it. 

It does look in one of the clips of the supposed ending like they’re getting married again but then does that mean they actually get divorced? 

I just want them to release 10 episodes a day!! 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

All points have now been awarded to Members who participated in the Jin Xin Si Yu Event.

18 Members participated in the Event. Of those, the top posters were

@NiteWalker

@SnT

@Yana and @Mouse

@abs-oluteM

@UnniSara

@AwkwarDerp and @SilverMoonTea

Hope you will use your points to purchase a "The Sword and the Brocade" medal in the Member Shop. And anyone who may be a bit short on points, you may want to hit up @NiteWalkerand @SnT. :pandapray:  :BulbaOWO:

If you think you were awarded the wrong number of points, please DM me.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

All points have now been awarded to Members who participated in the Jin Xin Si Yu Event.

18 Members participated in the Event. Of those, the top posters were

@NiteWalker

@SnT

@Yana and @Mouse

@abs-oluteM

@UnniSara

@AwkwarDerp and @SilverMoonTea

Hope you will use your points to purchase a "The Sword and the Brocade" medal in the Member Shop. And anyone who may be a bit short on points, you may want to hit up @NiteWalkerand @SnT. :pandapray:  :BulbaOWO:

If you think you were awarded the wrong number of points, please DM me.

you're saying if I want more points, i can bribe @NiteWalker for more points? That easy? :lenny:

I BOUGHT MYSELF THE GIF, ITS SO CUTE :wow:

I am in loveeeee

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

@abs-oluteM @Mouse Hello! It’s been forever since I’ve found a drama to chat about.  Hope this thread is good despite the fast pace.  

This is a first for me seeing “divorce” in historical drama.  Will be interesting to see why.  I suspect the killer is someone close to LY that forces him to divorce 

I did notice shiyi kept saying  to many people “don’t worry I know what to do”.   I got the impression she was saying that more to herself.

I kinda dig the way Wallace Chung walks...  I can’t explain it but I find it cute.   

to The Who post IG thanks!  Love the spoilers!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Mizv I actually don’t understand divorce at that time and I’m not sure how it worked. If he gave her a letter, does that mean they’re divorced or does she have to agree to it too? 

I wonder if he thinks that Shiyi is colluding with the Ou family on the corruption which is why he thinks she may have betrayed him and therefore prompted him to divorce her. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

I am curious too as to how she ends up in prison. I suspect she gets tangled in between the Ou and Xu families and ends up taking the fall. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump