The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

5 hours ago, Mouse said:

@SnT I watched that video at least 5x! It's obvious they develop real and deep feelings for each other but it's so sad that he ends up giving her a divorce letter. BUT THE KISS!!!!! :PsyWhat:

I know right. Me too. I slso saw a bts that he btouggt the shoes w him n he went to army camp w his injury. They miss each other s lot. One at home one at the camp. Then there is the scene she walked in the rain n fall down. Msid came to get her. I think that kissing scenes came after he pick her up n brought hrr back go the chsmber. Because she looka wet when he was kissing her. Hope it is the experience that trigger her to realise she loves him n realising he love her yoo much n he need to forgive her n forego yhe pride. Hopefully the angst doesn't lsst more tjan 2 episodes haha... I hate draggy angst. I hope they spread the diferent angst. Caise i hate those angst that lsst 8 episodes then thry hv a 1 episode closing endings. Ruyi was like thst the end. Which really upsets us. Only hv 3p min of sweet emding. 

I m rummaging hrough insta n you tubr for all sort of bts n clips... I must be pretty crazy about it. Addicted to them hahaha.... Also saw a scene the madame xu says she is not even fit to see houye anymore. Which then see shiyi kneeling, brither kuan n wife n even 2nd sil kneeling for her i think. Maybe thsts why she was still in the house after the divorce letter. All my guesses.. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@MouseIkr. Glad weekend coming up. I m trying to watch other series like heroic husband n i m that kind of gal. I like both a lot but they dont tug me like this one. I actually rewatch episode 11 to 14 last night. Houye is so tall n well built n they gave him such fine clothes in this show n so many sets too. Honestly he fit the chinese description 7 feet man (qi chi nan er). N w his single eye lid n stern frown wallace capture the feel of ancient chinese man. I know i m famgirling him... Aiksss. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
15 minutes ago, SnT said:

Anyone watching zzh word of honor. I don think i can bear see him in a BL story. Cause yunxi n ruyi he is one of  my favourite ml in BG haha... Read reviews it is super BL. But is it any good? 

Me too...I stop watch after ep 1 coz I was totally hook up with jinxin...:laugh:

Haiyaaa....usually I dont really like monday:laugh:but I cant wait for new ep coming in....monday ...pls come as fast as you can:pandasleep:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Yanai think we r moving this jinxin track much faster than w ruyi. N its only first week haha....

Btw am i being too sensitive. I notice tsy has 3 hairstyles here in jinxin. One of course her girl hair premarried, then after her marriage a center part n one we haven't see is side part. For me it may be a subtle way of indicating different stages of her live. U guys notice that? Many sweet scenes was side part. Whereas beginning like now are center part. She somehow looks more mature w her side part. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
14 hours ago, SnT said:

I read many comments in dramalist the story did not follow much. Even children names n mothers. Suppose lingyi has a daughter by wen, yuge is qin son. Yuanniang has a son, that still remains.. Shiyi will hv a son called jie but now they call fenqing sijie. Even who is good n who is bad are different too. 

i think ShiYi will be preg around episodes 23-28?

cause i saw a clips where as they were walking...ShiYi was feeling nauseas 

10 minutes ago, SnT said:

@Yanai think we r moving this jinxin track much faster than w ruyi. N its only first week haha....

Btw am i being too sensitive. I notice tsy has 3 hairstyles here in jinxin. One of course her girl hair premarried, then after her marriage a center part n one we haven't see is side part. For me it may be a subtle way of indicating different stages of her live. U guys notice that? Many sweet scenes was side part. Whereas beginning like now are center part. She somehow looks more mature w her side part. 

also her hair decoration definitely cannot compare to the other YiNiang yet.....however that will soon change i hope

41 minutes ago, SnT said:

Anyone watching zzh word of honor. I don think i can bear see him in a BL story. Cause yunxi n ruyi he is one of  my favourite ml in BG haha... Read reviews it is super BL. But is it any good? 

erm....no i didnt watch it...just watching some of the clips / pictures cause i like GongJun and ZZH images in the drama itself is pretty interesting lols

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
28 minutes ago, SnT said:

I think so too...and this thread moving quite fast too. We already in page 14. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

I remember on one episode that someone mention chinese new year is near. N the lsntern scenes are yuan tan lantern festival meaninh chinese new year i think. Hopefully it happen soon. I actually hope the angst will happen next week episodes so we can hv another longer period of their sweetness after their love is stronger after the divoece incident haha....i just cant wait for 12 episodes next week. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@Mouse @SnT somehow i think the divorce was to protect her?

HoaYe must known that he cant protect her at some turns and maybe divorce is the best way for him to protect her instead.....

9 minutes ago, SnT said:

I remember on one episode that someone mention chinese new year is near. N the lsntern scenes are yuan tan lantern festival meaninh chinese new year i think. Hopefully it happen soon. I actually hope the angst will happen next week episodes so we can hv another longer period of their sweetness after their love is stronger after the divoece incident haha....i just cant wait for 12 episodes next week. 

sometimes they love to leave the angst right at the bottom sigh.....i dunno why....though like you i like it if the angst will happen soon so that we can move on the happier times?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

HoaYe must known that he cant protect her at some turns and maybe divorce is the best way for him to protect her instead.....

I would think so too. Let see whay surprises the pd team will give us. Hehe.... But i think ending will ne happy cause from the ost she will be made kao min fu ren. A noble title for lady given by emperor. That is the type of clothing. Red n fancy head gear 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 minutes ago, SnT said:

I actually hope the angst will happen next week episodes so we can hv another longer period of their sweetness after their love is stronger after the divoece incident haha...

Me hoping the same thing. I think most of the costume drama sometime had short happy ending. 

• Like 3

@SnTI also noticed the different hairstyles. My favourite is the one where she has a side part. She looks more mature but I do think it signifies her growth and more likely - the changes she undergoes. 

I think her first hairstyle is to signify her youth and innocence. The second hairstyle is to signify her new status as a married woman and I suspect the third hairstyle signifies her love and acceptance of LingYi. 

I am curious about the circumstances of the divorce letter. Perhaps @NiteWalker is right in that he might be doing it to protect her. But it could also be from a misunderstanding. We’ll just have to wait and see. 

It looks like Shiyi is going to end up in prison somehow and I wonder what leads up to it. The 2nd ML also seems to change his hairstyle later. Maybe it’s to signify a change in him as well. 

• Like 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

1 minute ago, SnT said:

I would think so too. But i think ending will ne happy cause from the ost she will be made kao min fu ren. A noble title for lady given by emperor. That is the type of clothing. Red n fancy head gear 

:love::love:

7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yup...i think that too. to protect her.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, SnT said:

I would think so too. Let see whay surprises the pd team will give us. Hehe.... But i think ending will ne happy cause from the ost she will be made kao min fu ren. A noble title for lady given by emperor. That is the type of clothing. Red n fancy head gear 

yes same here....i fully believe it will be a 'Happy Ending' for us as well...i believe this is one of the big novelty where they are receiving some big awards together....in the synopsis it describe that when the city that HaoYe is protecting fall under attack, ShiYi will also be there with him together to fight it thru...

hehehe i believe this is a the picture we are all looking for :love:

uN54lNH.png

6 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I am curious about the circumstances of the divorce letter. Perhaps @NiteWalker is right in that he might be doing it to protect her. But it could also be from a misunderstanding. We’ll just have to wait and see. 

It looks like Shiyi is going to end up in prison somehow and I wonder what leads up to it. The 2nd ML also seems to change his hairstyle later. Maybe it’s to signify a change in him as well. 

next week we're going to see how HaoYe responded to seeing her letting her hair down in the public like a maiden .....

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@SnTI also noticed the different hairstyles. My favourite is the one where she has a side part. She looks more mature but I do think it signifies her growth and more likely - the changes she undergoes. 

I think her first hairstyle is to signify her youth and innocence. The second hairstyle is to signify her new status as a married woman and I suspect the third hairstyle signifies her love and acceptance of LingYi.

I agree w u. I believe n want to believe it is after the divorce incident.. Then it signifies that we a true husband n wife stage. Center parting is more of new wife n finding their feelings for one another. I notice when she hold the divorce letter itbis center part. In prison is side part. So these two tjings prob dont join together. 

Will see.. 

We cannot firget lingyi biggest enemy the Ou. Qiao n those women are like storms in teacups. Big storm thing is surely the sea matitime ban. Which lingyi has been fighting fir. His brother n father was framed for the same matter. N whole xu family was imprisoned. Most likely another framing. N shiyi took the punch. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5

I feel proud of my essay that i wrote on mydramalist because some people can’t grasp the idea of concubines and they’re kind of ruining it for new viewers :mad:

i wasn’t gonna care but you know you gotta defend Wallace when he get called out

• Haha 5

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

5 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I feel proud of my essay that i wrote on mydramalist because some people can’t grasp the idea of concubines and they’re kind of ruining it for new viewers :mad:

i wasn’t gonna care but you know you gotta defend Wallace when he get called out

they need to see that this is not in our era....its a normal things to happen in the olden era....

some of those concepts that where ppl been feeding with the stories of 1 man 1 wife even in the olden days is pretty wrong to be honest....this does not only happen in the olden era....till now....

in our country for Malays Man, it is normal for them to have at least 4 wives as long as the first wife allow it.....

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

@AwkwarDerp @NiteWalker haiyaaa..they need to see this in the eye of that era...its normal and nothing unusual during that time. maybe this kind of drama is not their cup of tea:laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
17 minutes ago, Yana said:

@AwkwarDerp @NiteWalker haiyaaa..they need to see this in the eye of that era...its normal and nothing unusual during that time. maybe this kind of drama is not their cup of tea:laugh: 

true....alot of ppl cant accept this concept....even when i told my mom about this stories....she was like....'urgh' then slowly as i told her how it was develop she was like 'hmmmm'....

and after a while she thought bk....oh well this is during the olden era...what can we do?

• Like 2