The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

I am using IQIYI , so right now it is till eps 14. Finally am up to speed.

Love how things are developing between these two. LOL , he was so disappointed that she didn't come to personally thank him for the fan he gave her. And he couldn't hide his happiness when she gave him the shoes she made for him. Though he tried to cover it up by commenting on the sewing. 

Very cute ...more of them please!

LIqvRHe.png

Lian Fang's greatest backing unfortunately comes from the Great Madam herself - so despite being the last concubine to come into the household , she has the most clout. She seems to be getting bolder taking away the business support that the Xu household gives Concubine Wen's family. If I remember the synopsis correctly, ShiYi will end up opening a shop to sell her embroideries. Shi Yi may end up being the one to save Wen's family business.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Question

No love rival for marquis ? I think the guy with white clothing who save her in water also will have crush on her? Want to see him jealous lols. 

yes daddi will be the guy that rival or is interested in ShiYi lols....

now I’m going to take a shower first before I start watching episode 15 & 16 hehehe

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
39 minutes ago, SnT said:

Episode 15 n 16 really focuses on the two. Love love love the sizzling chemistry. Enjoy everyone!!! 

Daddi character should be a good rival. I believe he is marquis jingyuan othet son the Ou family. It will be interesting. 

same.... I felt the same after watching episode 16.....I think Daddi is going to the other low profile son of the Ou family

our Marquis is very cute .... and ShiYi hahahaha.....

i won’t say anything first 

thought @abs-oluteM    @SilverMoonTea u guys going to love these two episode the most...we have a lot of sweet moments between the two lols

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Daddi is very very handsome as sml haha.but sorry don think he can rival wallace haha .. Just because i love wallace in his costume look too much. 

Spoiler

Omg my heart honestly flutters seeing him riding in with his stature, his frown of concern on his face n him running towards his wife. If that is not a combo of manly handsome i don know what is. He is so lean n fit too. Not skinny at all but well built to carry all those bulky clothing. 101% perfect. Sigh sigh

Edited by SnT
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@NiteWalkerIt's actually a bit rare for me to hear Marquis title in Chinese drama. Do you have more ideas what's the different with normal general or duke? 

@SnT

Spoiler

Yeah, don't think Ou can compete with Marquis here. I just know Wallace Chung is 46, omg. He really looks so much younger & fit. 

I think he's really perfect for this role. Never watched his drama before, but maybe will check Mr. Sunshine someday.

Calling @Chocolate. Here buddy, don't get lost. This is the perfect 'headache-induced-concubine-drama' for you 😆

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea if u like him as a general here, u will love him in his rare the other custome drama. General n I. Not only he is a brilliant strategist n does really good sword fight, there he is definitely a one woman man. He loves the FL from the moment it says go all the way to the end. There he was the emperor brother so his title is wanye.

General (jiang jun or yuan suai) is basically military official in the tjose days who leads the army. Marquis ie hou ye is noble title bestowed specifically to military officials. Military official in court is wu kuan n those that become official via study is wen kuan. Imagine wu is someone who get to university via sports n wen is someone who get in via good grades haha... 

A general can be given baron, earl, marquis or duke title as per the liking of emperor. but marquis is solely only for military general. If u are called houye it definitely means u hv military credits. They are all nobles titles. One step below royalty. Duke can be a noble, ie guo kung (like the family 2nd sister married to).. But duke can be a Prince as well.. But in chinese they will be call wanye. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
15 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

@AwkwarDerp this 2 gif actually reminds me of JinXia hahaha cause sometimes she is just that clumsy too hehehe

Gif Credit: (Weibo)

Funny story tho, when she was carried to the carriage, I was like: SOMEBODY CALL LU YI, SHE"S BEING KIDNAP AGAIN... LOL but yeah

I am quite curious tho, I know in "Go Ahead" Songyun had to actually learn art and wood thingy...LOL i wonder if she actually learn embroidery for this drama

ALso there was this one part that did not make sense to me (as in like what? how did he believe that?) not that i didn't understand.

It was when Lingyi wanted to go pick up 11th at the Luo House and LianFang was like "oh..let me come with it will make her feel more comfort" LOL...I was like...how did he agree to that? it make no sense, they literally fought 2-3 days prior, everyone knows concubines never get along with the main wife, LOL so for him to say "okay"

I go: :shocked2: maybe he's acting but that that part i was like......uh.....

SIDE NOTE: The general guy beside Lingyi is cute tho :wow:

• Haha 4

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i think the part in the jail is different from the book, cause @Lynne said there is no jail scene in the book....

@Lynne are you able to enlighten us about it?

or @themarchioness?

Sorry, haven't read the book!  Or started the drama (yet)... :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

6 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

SIDE NOTE: The general guy beside Lingyi is cute tho :wow:

whenever he show the 'oh i know you' eyes looks hahha

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

How do you watch 2 dramas at one go, especially if you need to read subtitles?

I think can only do that for the Taiwanese soaps, because nothing changes even after 1 month 😂

hahaha yea my mom watch the Taiwanese soaps on TV and another on the tab lols

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

the way he look at her, ....and his small gesture, i wonder when ShiYi fall asleep, whether is it that LingYi the one who push her head towards his knee or she softly doze up and fall on his knee

Gif Cr: Weibo & as Tagged

My absolute fav scene. Full of tenderness n  togetherness, also showing parental love. Beaitiful. I mean it makes me feel so warm n fuzzy. It is a slowly developed mature romance. 

He has 5 wives in total. N mostly probably first time romancing a lady. N trying to court her haha.... Chiayu houye... U can do it!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 minutes ago, SnT said:

My absolute fav scene. Full of tenderness n  togetherness, also showing parental love. Beaitiful. I mean it makes me feel so warm n fuzzy. It is a slowly developed mature romance. 

He has 5 wives in total. N mostly probably first time romancing a lady. N trying to court her haha.... Chiayu houye... U can do it!!! 

totally....ShiYi will be the first lady that doesnt throw herself at him all the times, or trying hard enough to win his affections to have a place in the households....

ShiYi is only trying to survive and also to care for JunGe as what her eldest sister wishes for....even her mother pushing her to make herself and take hold of the ledger wasnt even in her consideration, consider the berating her mother is giving her and saying that she is useless.....

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

It was when Lingyi wanted to go pick up 11th at the Luo House and LianFang was like "oh..let me come with it will make her feel more comfort" LOL...I was like...how did he agree to that? it make no sense, they literally fought 2-3 days prior, everyone knows concubines never get along with the main wife, LOL so for him to say "okay"

He tried hard to appease all his concubine. 

Wallace Chung make a parody of this, tried to balance glasses aka wife/ concubine to no avail 🤣

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Original video source :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5wonQgv79/?igshid=1e8gksyhlrv9w

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

37 minutes ago, Yana said:

U guys really fast.. havent start new eps... planning to watch later during my lunch hour..

i watch it last nights directly after it air....

after tonight we need to wait already lols until Mar/08 & then they will dump 5 episodes at a go on Mar/10, hahahhaa so many episodes ......

12 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Wallace Chung make a parody of this, tried to balance glasses aka wife/ concubine to no avail 🤣

hahaha this really show very well how hard it is to balance all the cups of water on his head hahaha

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Yana said:

he said her embroider plain yet you still take and wear it and dont let it get wet

It's love. He loved her first.

16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Question

No love rival for marquis ? I think the guy with white clothing who save her in water also will have crush on her? Want to see him jealous lols. 

The tall Ou gentleman who offered to meet her at the temple and who also helped SY's maid to buy rice. Family rival and now love rival, too. 

11 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i like how LingYi went after his younger brother who was still having fun...despite the dire situation that they were facing just only, his eyes spoke volumes....

its show his anger and frustration....

I really like that about him. His calmness at the same time ability to still project other emotions is admirable.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1