The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@UnniSara I felt a little sorry for Ling Yi's brother . Ling Yi sees him as useless , and only knows how to enjoy the good life. While he could have stepped up & paid more attention to the family affairs during the moldy rice crisis, I felt that Ling Yi already dislikes the brother's lack of ambition or drive.  Actually the brother is born in the wrong era. His love for the arts and desire to perform will not be seen as something bad if he was born now. 

actually i did feel sorry at first for him....for not being sensitive to the need of the family that is harboring him....

then i watch 17&18 yesterday and all these i blame the mother instead, she pamper him too much....letting him enjoy things more....and not to mention she like to rebuke LingYi whenever he tried to handle the matter with a firmer hands

the brother is too use to let LingYi settle issues for him....to use to let behind the Madame Xu....

10 hours ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

This was such a good scene.

yes very good....he is so good in emoting it......i definitely shrink if im the person receiving that look haha

• Like 5
10 hours ago, SnT said:
Spoiler

With everyone thinking feng chin is houye son, only shiyi can see through it immediately. Oh well.. How can Houye not fall im love? Shows how much she understand him.

i think he love it alot....he had always wanted this kinds of bond with the woman who share the blanket with him....

Spoiler

main reason he told YuanNiang 'You should have trusted me a little bit more'

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

There are kissing scenes.

I'm certain there will be, what I'm hoping is a realistic husband and wife kiss and not just the touch lips kind of kiss. I understand that it's not easy because there might be restrictions on the contract, inhibitions of the actors and others; however, at the end of the day, it really depends on how the actors execute the scenes on the script. WC is a professional through and through so how he'll manage kissing situations partly depends on the female lead.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
2 minutes ago, Yana said:

Ohhhhh...our 2nd lead male already making an entrance...:popcorn:

Feel bad for him for now. He has fallen for a married woman n he doesn't even know. Still try to look for her. But i feel that it is not logical he cannot go n find her. He has a name. She told him she is lou shiyi Niang. I don think its that hard to find esp he is well connected buainess man

• Like 4

Seriously enjoying this drama so much. I started watching it 2 days ago and already caught up until ep 18. 

I think that the reason why LingYi is cold towards the women is because he knows that they all have ulterior motives. Shiyi on the other hand is sincere, humble, genuine, smart and kind. And she is the only one who does things out of kindness without expecting anything in return. 

LingYi, too, despite his status is actually modest. I think both Shiyi and LingYi read people well. And because of LingYi’s past, he also knows what it’s like to have nothing and to work hard to become someone. 

I think that LingYi’s brother was sheltered and spoiled by the mother. He isn’t a bad guy but he’s never had to fight for anything or take responsibility because his mother always made choices for him. 

I find the mother and Lingnian to be annoying. Mostly Lingnian and I can’t wait for LingYi’s mother to have her eyes opened. I think that in the end she will see Shiyi is good. 

I love the interactions between LingYi and Shiyi and cannot wait for Shiyi to develop feelings for LingYi. We can see that LingYi already has feelings for her but we don’t see any indication from Shiyi yet. I do hope they have a “passionate” relationship. Lol

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse interestingly i enjoy their quiet moments together like the walks, like their chats, their cloth measurements session, their lunch etc. Its very real n dowm to earth. Guess it take very gpod actors to be able to do that. Cause no big fulffy action.. Only quite micro expression. 

yes he is very much into her. I feel like she is a soothing balm to his heart n soul after all the burdens he has to carry n with no one ever really understand him. I think now after she declared she trusts whatever he tells her is like another lightbulb goes on in his heart. You can see he is drawn to her. He just want to be close to her all the time. 

But u r right. i think she is zero feeling for him in tetms of romance. Maybe she start to like him for his integrity, his passion for the people. She is starting to see him in a good light. N i m sure she feels secure w him wo her totally acknowledging it. From  her praises of him so far, she says he is prideful n will not stoop low in his dealings, he is not blind to inner court fights but things don escape him, he try to make sure everyone gets their needs filled wo harming another person or fsmily intetest, he is fair n just, he is a man who appeaese bandits n fight battles for the country. But none of this is that love struck moment. More like respect. I m really really eager to see like which event or matters that will give her the oops I think i hv fallen for him. Cant really tell in the trailers so far. 

Also hope the geberal fu n the maid can get together n give the houye n lady some info about each other. Love the two side kicks in minglan, the marquis always ask his sidekick sitou to find things out from Xiaotao. Haha... 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Yana said:

Lingyi trying really hard to remind shiyi...that they're husband and wife!! 

@Yana I said this bu @NiteWalker said Shiyi is shy. Lol lol. I agree she is abs ShiYi is the type of girl who needs to be wooed. She is strong minded and until he wows her, he will not get the chance for her let her guard down.  We can see that , he slowly breaking down those walls. I was looking forward to the Second lead showing up. I really want him to make LiYing know he is crushing hard on his wife. So that he can pursue her effectively.  More around the lines of. “ SHE’s MINE “ 

I have not finished watching episode 18 yet because I am outside and I can’t fully react like this giphy.gif?cid=5e214886au47oulx9l0fb8r11n

while watching the drama. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

@Yana I said this bu @NiteWalker said Shiyi is shy. Lol lol. I agree she is abs ShiYi is the type of girl who needs to be wooed. She is strong minded and until he wows her, he will not get the chance for her let her guard down.  We can see that , he slowly breaking down those walls. I was looking forward to the Second lead showing up. I really want him to make LiYing know he is crushing hard on his wife. So that he can pursue her effectively.  More around the lines of. “ SHE’s MINE “ 

we will be seeing the scenes where LingYi saw ShiYi teaching embroidery with her hair down and he is angry about it.....

this might just catapult them into another stages in their relationship i think...i dunno....i just hope this will push it to the right way....and not the wrong way instead....somehow i think Qiao Niang will be using this to her advantages as well...to regain her lost footing in the households 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info on it. I am not surprised at all. ShiYi went to far, her hair signifies she is single and when it is up it means she is married. She should know that.  

@NiteWalker why didn’t she think about that concept chingu.  I hope this make him claim his wife and help her understand that he really likes her. 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

21 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Thanks for the info on it. I am not surprised at all. ShiYi went to far, her hair signifies she is single and when it is up it means she is married. She should know that.  

@NiteWalker why didn’t she think about that concept chingu.  I hope this make him claim his wife and help her understand that he really likes her. 

i dunno....somehow ShiYi thinking is definitely way more modern....she even went as far as running away from home to avoid being caught into the struggle of a marriage 

oh well we wont have any new episodes tonight!!!!!! what should we do?

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I know right. For someone so intelligent that part of script has no logic. She can dress down w her hair up. Yeah gonna happen in ep20. The vibe that shiyi gives so far is she is creating a web of lies around her hubby. She says she want to make him cloth when he caught her rummaging his closet. She married him to find rhe mum killer. Now the teaching of embridery as a maiden. It gives me a bad feel he is bound to feel used by her again like others before.. She has motives n lingyi hates that. Also lingyi hasn't fully understand her bad experience in luo yet. 

Do u guys find the logic odd. In ep 17 she finds out that the cloth was used by danyang, qiao n wen. Mostly likely made into pouches for their hubbies. If she rummage lingyi closet n saw the clothes, would that not mean the dead mum grab it off the killer meaning whoever owns the final product is the killer.. Ehmmm..... 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i dunno....somehow ShiYi thinking is definitely way more modern....she even went as far as running away from home to avoid being caught into the struggle of a marriage 

Oops I got this drama confused with another drama.  Damn!! That is a long wait . :cry:

@SnT  That part of the script is annoying but I think it is written that way for a purpose. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

I was gonna ask that too.. How we gonna survive 4 days. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

That is okay chingu, remember it airs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday . So we only have to wait one more day for the next episode. 

@SnT  That part of the script is annoying but I think it is written that way for a purpose. 

Wait, didn’t they switched the airing starting of march to monday-wednesday? 

• Like 5

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

@UnniSara  @NiteWalker May i ask question. I don't understand why shiyi need to hide her status. I think it would be better if people know her, showing that she's not just wife to marquise but someone has talent and have a good heart helping people by sharing her talent in embroidery?? With that people will praise her more. 

2 minutes ago, SnT said:

I also find it interesting that lingyi planted his own eyes in the household. U can see nothing escapes him so far. Even his first wife business dealings he knows too. Wow right. 

:laugh::laugh:isn't he tired...dealing with military works and wife to care and multiple concubines..his mother and etc...:thinking:

• Like 3