The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

Somehow i think the marquis likes her now and hv affection n he is drawn to her but he is doing it like i m your hubby. Staying here is the most normal thing to do if I want to. 

Soon he will realise this doesn't work w shiyi n decide to start romancing her haha...he needs to realise he wants her not just body but her heart as well. So hopefully they hv going out for dates, walks, buying gifts etc. Our marquis is a little dense in a way w women throwing them selves at him. The actors really can give those vibes. 

U can exercise your hubby right n sure you will hv her in bed. But to get her heart, he better worked more. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@NiteWalker @SnT Don't worry... I think this drama will have a Happy Ending... 

The feel I get from this drama is that they're aiming for a rom com vibe for the main leads.

I would like to predict why he gave her a "temporary" divorce letter

Spoiler

Thats because he finds out her reason to marry him.. its not just for his son, but also wanting to track down her mothers murder. And perhaps there are other reason we don't know yet.. LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Lynne said:

Don't worry... I think this drama will have a Happy Ending... 

The feel I get from this drama is that they're aiming for a rom com vibe for the main leads

Have you read the novel @Lynne?? 

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

43 minutes ago, Lynne said:

@NiteWalker @SnT Don't worry... I think this drama will have a Happy Ending... 

The feel I get from this drama is that they're aiming for a rom com vibe for the main leads.

I would like to predict why he gave her a "temporary" divorce letter

Reveal hidden contents

Thats because he finds out her reason to marry him.. its not just for his son, but also wanting to track down her mothers murder. And perhaps there are other reason we don't know yet.. LOL

My guess is he is in a political situation with the maritime ban lift. His enemies must be trying some very bad trick. Even ou family is starting to note his wife after the mouldy rice saga. Divorcing her to save her but excuse prob is her not being truthful. I saw a scene of her walking in rain n falling down.  They prob made up n she was thrown in prison. N got beheading scene. 

I also feel a HE because the ost has those phrases. On horseback miles away, longing to return home to u, holding ur palms, braving winds n waves together, Unexpectedly after travelling so far n our hair turning grey i m still by ur side, n lastly no matter how much time has passed n things have changed, we will grow old together. Try wetv. Its lovely lyrics. So meaningful n sweet. In fact the vibes is slow steady but in for good, rest of their lives feel. Like endless trickling stream rather tham a stormy love story. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867c8a8d3683c572fe7b

The Sword and the Brocade 

LiYing ‘s sister seem very mysterious . What do you think of her. does she suspect the reason why Shi Yi Niang married her brother.   I hoped she would have more of a voice in the household!!  

Concubine Qiao is really a spoiled brat and still has 

Madame  Xu as a backer. 

What do you guys think of LiYing’s brother???

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

57 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

LiYing ‘s sister seem very mysterious . What do you think of her. does she suspect the reason why Shi Yi Niang married her brother.   I hoped she would have more of a voice in the household!!  

Concubine Qiao is really a spoiled brat and still has 

Madame  Xu as a backer. 

What do you guys think of LiYing’s brother???

Its not very much to say bout her. She's very quite and always with madam xu. seems like she honest and doesn't like to be middle in anyone's lives. She say words what she think is right. Its just my 2cents. again we'll never know..gonna wait for more eps..:pandacoolsip: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Have you read the novel @Lynne?? 

Yeah.. I did.. around the time the drama was just announced LOL... I really like the novel.. but.. i'm not gonna make comparison LOL.. in the end the drama should stand on their own feet.

My favorite part is Shiyi with kids... she's a natural with kids... 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
55 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I think she is the fair voice of the household and she seems to hold shiyi in high regard and always help to put in a good word or two for her towards Madame Xu

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Eps 15 & 16

ShiYi is  exceptional for a young lady of 16. The way she took charge and resolved the moldy rice issue is a testament of her own mother's upbringing and wisdom coming from having to survive a difficult childhood. What I love most about how Shi Yi's character is written is that she sees the bigger picture. She holds her own in every regard and has this air of dignity to her without the need to wield her power or throw her weight around. (I credit TSY's good acting as well for delivering her character this way) . Rather than using this as an opportunity to get back at the oh so useless Lian Fang, she ensured that the Xu family will not  suffer for the misdeed of a servant and the carelessness of her master. I am glad that LF can no longer manage the household affairs. Though I am sure she will be even more bent on looking for ways to sabotage Shi Yi - the less power she has in the family the better it is. I am still annoyed though that the Great Madam is still so partial to her refusing to properly punish her &  thinking she's perfect.

There were definitely more sweet moments these 2 episodes. Was glad that he came riding in like a knight is shining armour :smile: saving her and calming the situation at the end of eps 15. It is clear to us that he's fallen for her . Hey, he was smiling at those pair of shoes , wasn't he? The man is in love. The dinner with the other concubine was funny and in some ways sweet. In those times , husband sharing is something every woman has to accept, but it is clear that both women are sensitive to each other's feelings.

Spoiler

xXmDra4.png

I enjoyed their ( ShiYi and Ling Yi) conversation as they walked back. He opened up to her , telling her about his traumatic childhood. I did laugh though when she realised he had intentions to stay the night & was worried about getting pregnant. Does she know how women conceive? ahaha...I know sometimes they aren't taught the birds & the bees in those times- and it becomes a shock for most. 

2m3oyHE.png

And I have to say these two girls are cute...every ship needs their shippers, no? :MewGiggle:

Spoiler

Mu6Kdjb.png

She on the other hand is  starting to see his good qualities, and whatever prejudices she had of him is being removed , albeit slowly. At this point , her priority is still finding her mother's murderer. And she is  distancing  herself from the Xu household affairs to make it easier for her to leave. But unknowingly , she's becoming more invested in what's going on, now that she is officially looking after the son and managing the finances.

@UnniSara I felt a little sorry for Ling Yi's brother . Ling Yi sees him as useless , and only knows how to enjoy the good life. While he could have stepped up & paid more attention to the family affairs during the moldy rice crisis, I felt that Ling Yi already dislikes the brother's lack of ambition or drive.  Actually the brother is born in the wrong era. His love for the arts and desire to perform will not be seen as something bad if he was born now. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Spoiler

With everyone thinking feng chin is houye son, only shiyi can see through it immediately. Oh well.. How can Houye not fall im love? Shows how much she understand him. 

Oh no sml is equally into her. Definitely a storm brewing. Unfortunately shiyi has too many secrets, going to the embroidery workshop in disguise as a unmarried lady is such a lousy idea. She may as well just go n declare she is lady yong ping. N there on bsis of charity to teach the refugees. N her investigating her mum desth on her own is snother baf idea.. She really cannot handle the implication. Wish w all my heart she asked her hubby for help. 

If u havent watch 17 18, don click haha 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4

@abs-oluteMThe way he save her always so grand. At ep 1, he just jump in water in style lols. @NiteWalkersaid too grand :laugh:Now he's on his horse to show off his arrow skill and with that princess carry style? Shiyi surely soon can't resist all this lols. 

Spoiler

The brother can be a successful performer, had he born a bit later? Was quite shocked he have an unwedded born child from other lady before he married Danyang. Now the poor child become concubine's main interest. As he can't be seen by Danyang (her family quite influential). 

Okay back to Marquis, why he's so gone case? :laugh::smile:

- He personally want to dress her wounds. I think on his level this is very weird. 

- He's so concerned with teas/foods that she like.

- His mood so controlled by Shiyi's action. I was LOL when he's so happy she said she will looks good with any clothes. 

- He's apparently so happy with all those clothing measurement skinship lols.

- He asked her for new clothes, even go do some lying he haven't had new clothes for sometimes 😅

- He seems want to buy her something in the market. Gah, goner... 🤣

- The general & his maid, seems enjoyed looking at the troubled love life of their marquis! 

- End of ep 18, how did he end up hugging her? And she fell asleep in his arms? He's really so soft with her. 

Oh sigh.... Iqiyi.... I need more episodes *crying*. Now I know why @abs-oluteMhave this Iqiyi account lols. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i like how LingYi went after his younger brother who was still having fun...despite the dire situation that they were facing just only, his eyes spoke volumes....

its show his anger and frustration....

Cr: Weibo (as tagged)

This was such a good scene.

20 hours ago, Olivia Kate said:

They're wasting his talents if there's no good kissing involved.:PikachuFacePalm: 

On another note, I love TSY's clothes here. They're simple but fancy.:smile:

There are kissing scenes.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

we have to remember that in this stories she is only 16 years old....**ahem**

By the way how old is LiYing?

• Like 3

@SilverMoonTea i cannot stop watching that riding in scenes. Besides the perfect riding look, a Knight in shining armour, alsohe looks so formidable n almost... like here is houye everything gonna be fine now. U can see shiyi shoulder dropped n her look of relief seeing her hubby. Her near tears look is so good acting. N oh boy... wallace hugging her close when a suspicious man got near.

Our sml daddi albeilt being so good looking n kind n rich not going to win our houye. Houye n shiyi has a head start unfortunately for hin. Poor guy. Hope he stays good n don turn black. But i really hope his interesr in shiyi will tip lingyi into turbo action. 

My thoughts are looking at daddi talkimg about shiyi, lingyi problems is he is already married to her n he is behaving or want to be her husband. He forgot he needs to win a gal heart, romance her n then get married. He better reverse n catch up on the romamce part. 

12 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

By the way how old is LiYing?

Heard in book suppose he is late 20s almost 30. Their difference is like mkre than 10. Almost the real age diff between tsy 30 n wallacw 46.

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
11 minutes ago, SnT said:

Heard in book suppose he is late 20s almost 30. Their difference is like mkre than 10. Almost the real age diff between tsy 30 n wallacw 46.

Thank you for answering. I was hoping the novel was translated already but I will have to wait  until there are more chapters.

I already caught up to Faraway Wanderes

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SnT said:

@SilverMoonTea i cannot stop watching that riding in scenes. Besides the perfect riding look, a Knight in shining armour, alsohe looks so formidable n almost...

Ya someone helped us... my soul gone... hahaha... 

See how smooth our Marquis is.... 

Spoiler

Our sml daddi albeilt being so good looking n kind n rich not going to win our houye. Houye n shiyi has a head start unfortunately for hin. Poor guy. Hope he stays good n don turn black. 

In the ending song Ou master often crying and looked very troubled. Actually I also worried this turning into melodrama later on, Shiyi also seems teared up a lot 😭😢

Wallace still looks very young, but since Tang Song Yun very babyface, the age gap between them become a bit noticeable. Actually I was surprised this pair sparks & the chemistry is over the top! 🙈🥳

• Star Struck 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

44 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hide contents

Cam someone help me delete this upper bit. So we don space. 

In the ending song Ou master often crying and looked very troubled. Actually I also worried this turning into melodrama later on, Shiyi also seems teared up a lot 😭😢

There is another ost release n all the scenes are so sad n really hesrtbreaking. He was injured, n did not want her care, give her a divorce paper n left the house. But i m really hoping Ou will stay good n took over thst wickedl brother of his n inherit the ning yuan marquis title. Sigh.. I could wish. But at some poiny i think he wants to wrestle shiyi from lingyi alright. 

Wallace still looks very young, but since Tang Song Yun very babyface, the age gap between them become a bit noticeable. Actually I was surprised this pair sparks & the chemistry is over the top! 🙈🥳

Yes i was here for wallace but even after the trsiler etc i wasn't convinced of their look together. But i think is the spark n chemistry between them that covers up potential age difference. I think wallace is the right person for lingyi. Cause lingyi is late 20 or early 30s. N a military general. He cannot look like an idol boy. Got to be a man. 

Edited by SnT
Delete twitter quote
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, Yana said:

Its not very much to say bout her. She's very quite and always with madam xu. seems like she honest and doesn't like to be middle in anyone's lives. She say words what she think is right. Its just my 2cents. again we'll never know..gonna wait for more eps..:pandacoolsip: 

In the book, she's pretty powerful because she's the Emperor's wife, because of that, Xu Family's status was raised and known by other people. 

I hope she won't turn bad, lowkey praying for Concubine Wen and Qin won't turn bad too

• Like 3

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

@SilverMoonTea I am up to speed! Wooohooooo:Party02:. My IQIYI subscription has been worth my money so far. 

I agree lots of nice sparks there between Wallace & TSY. Wallace is just one of those men who ages like fine wine. He's got this way at gazing at her that would make me melt if I were in her position. He's  a complete goner for her.   (He's got these Bedroom eyes :lol:
yjNSt90.png

I think in those days , it is normal for big age gaps between the husband & wife right? Though it is visible here, it doesn't seem to hinder the chemistry

Eps 17 & 18 sees the proper introduction of a competitive love interest for ShiYi's heart but I am sorry to say that Ou Yan Xing  doesn't hold a candle to Ling Yi though he seems like a decent enough chap . I understand the reason why they don't want to reveal her real identity at the embroidery shop but is it even possible to keep it hush? 

Probably the highlight for me in this episode was seeing how well Shi Yi knows Ling Yi. She knew it was not his child despite him being all mysterious about it. The funny thing is that LianFang is so keen to take care of the kid thinking it is LY's , and hoping to score points with him. I hope the other concubine gets the child. Talking about children, I wish we get more scenes of the sons. I know in those times a lot of the caring & rearing are handled by the nannies etc, but it would be great to see him bond with his own sons. I feel bad for Concubine Wen's son  - he should have the freedom  of mixing with his brother, and be shown equal love by his father.

Anyway I have enjoyed their interactions very much and appreciate the creative skinship. And another thing I like seeing is how LY is falling for her in the moments he is alone...look how pleased he was about her complimenting his built :MewGiggle:

gKK3ESl.png

I have to say that I do find this side romance very cute too

0B3hr9M.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteMtotally agree w u. About how well she knew him. I m gonna hope the slow burn will give them more time together n us more sweet things to watch before all sort of storm brewing n hurricane coming.

Her mother death to me is definitely lonk to the bandits. According to the little monk it involves a lady n a guy. Looks like qiao is the highesr suspect if u all remember what her old maid zhang mama says before leaving. She remind qiao the event many years back so she definitely hv to guard shiyi. Lianfang looks scare when she memtion that. The guy could be the bad ou family since lingyi say the sea bandits has some connection w someone powerful in the capital. My guesses!! 

Also i hv a bad feeling on amber maid. I keep thinking she is still a spy. Only after one day the news of the boy is out. Only that few persons know. In ep 21 trailer she try to feed lingyi soup before shiyi walk in. Planted by madame lou as a backup in case shiyi cannot steal lingyi heart. Umless that is some lookalike maid. A lot of booby undetected i feel. Qiao is a obvious spoilt brat. Her role is too obvious. So i doubt she will last till the end. My guessses too. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Hello everyone :MewWave:

I've just started to watch this drama which I've anticipated for a long while.:love:

Love the embroidery theme, love this era (as a viewer), and the OTP! Seven is an excellent pick for Shiyiniang's role. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this (have yet to go through this thread) but she's the one who recommended Wallace for this role. How sweet!:eeeee:

:PsyWhat:The polygamy situation is a bit hard for me to embrace, but I do understand in that era, it was a cultural norm.

Gen-Xu-matrimonial-fam.png

Look forward to reading more of your thoughts and updates! :hearties:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

11 hours ago, Yana said:

@YanaIt is his sister in law not sister. Lingyi father n brother died in war n was framed by the ou family. He was always recalling that family tragedy when entire xu family was imprisoned. This is the wife of that brother. Who was suppose to inherit the marquis title. Becsuse he died lingyi as no 4 took over. Shiyiniang grandpa was the only one who spoke up for the xu family n ask emperor for a chance for lingyi to go battle to redeem themselves. That is why he married yuanniang. He felt in debted to the luo. Looks like all his marriages are based on some repayment. None out of love. Or any initial affection to start. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1