The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

I totally agree. This is inner courtyard show. Minglan in northern song era which is one era earlier than Ming era also have one man 4 wives n he is only an official. Our houye is a marquis hello... He is consider young n handsome general w a high title n seems like he has  lots of cash too... It is like a whole capital young gals will be dropping themselves like flies all over him n he only hv 4 wives at al time. That is mild. These ppl should appreciate the culture n how much things hv improved for us ladies till where it is today. Just be grateful. 

Having to say that, his attitude is he is un interested about bg relationship. Too busy la. We hv a young marquis that is busy building his family status after the downfalls, fights lots  of battles, n now working to lift maritime ban n stop bandits n pirates. In fact the show is portraying him as just going through the rituals n sop. He provides for them w comfortable life n give them a child or two but he doesnt expect anything from them except he leave him in peace. Haha... Until shiyi came on board. He had been busy rejecting women advances (like qiao throwing herself at him, remember the spring party). So no wonder his interest is perked up by shiyi. That piece of script is a cliche. A man is more interested in those they find hard to get haha lol... True, ladies?! 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 minutes ago, SnT said:

So no wonder his interest is perked up by shiyi. That piece of script is a cliche. A man is more interested in those they find hard to get haha lol... True, ladies?! 

lols very very the true.....hahahaha cant agree more than that....lols

he is too use to woman throwing themselves at him to get his attention....to him....building his families and also keeping tab on his enemy to ensure that he is able to foil their plan to sabotage him is more important so that he can better protect the families...

just look at how LianFang throw herself at him by faking a trip? and look at where his hands or arms are...he didnt hug her to him...just put his two hands up so that she doesnt fall flat on the floor....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gotta admit it was also difficult for me in the beginning, understanding the concubines but that was the norm back then. I also think that the drama did a good job of explaining how his concubines came to be. It wasn’t bec he was collecting women or that he was a womanizer. Also, we could clearly see a difference in how LingYi viewed/treated the women. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

1 minute ago, Mouse said:

Gotta admit it was also difficult for me in the beginning, understanding the concubines but that was the norm back then. I also think that the drama did a good job of explaining how his concubines came to be. It wasn’t bec he was collecting women or that he was a womanizer. Also, we could clearly see a difference in how LingYi viewed/treated the women. 

same....actually i was on the fence about watching the drama too....as like any woman in our current era....who can accept so many wives in a household just for 1 single man?

hahaha i think even Wallace feels the vibe, which is why he joke which was posted by @SilverMoonTea on how he tried to balance a tray of tea on top of his head which of course ended up disastrously lols

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

same....actually i was on the fence about watching the drama too....as like any woman in our current era....who can accept so many wives in a household just for 1 single man?

hahaha i think even Wallace feels the vibe, which is why he joke which was posted by @SilverMoonTea on how he tried to balance a tray of tea on top of his head which of course ended up disastrously lols

honestly, if the drama showed him treating all the women the same and sleeping with all of them, I think I’d have an issue with it. Lol 😂 I’m sorry but I expect the FL to always be special to the man and for the man to be different from all the other men. Haha

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:

honestly, if the drama showed him treating all the women the same and sleeping with all of them, I think I’d have an issue with it. Lol 😂 I’m sorry but I expect the FL to always be special to the man and for the man to be different from all the other men. Haha

true....the thought of him just sleeping with them all just doesnt sit right with me either....so i tends to sometimes FF thru most of the parts if possible hahahhaa....i dont like seeing him in the same frame with all the wives....however u gotta admit when he visited every single one of them because of the Madame Xu urging.....he ended up disappointed and walking away from all of them does make u feel good too hahahha

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

true....the thought of him just sleeping with them all just doesnt sit right with me either....so i tends to sometimes FF thru most of the parts if possible hahahhaa....i dont like seeing him in the same frame with all the wives....however u gotta admit when he visited every single one of them because of the Madame Xu urging.....he ended up disappointed and walking away from all of them does make u feel good too hahahha

I think they became his concubines because of his mother. Concubine Wen for her family’s support and then Concubine Qin was his mother’s former maid. At least he doesn’t really spend time with the concubines unless he’s told to. And even then, he just eats a meal or checks on them and then goes. The only thing that bothers me is that he has a son with concubine Wen and he also had a child with Concubine Qin although she miscarried. I don’t even want to imagine those scenes. I’m pretty sure he just slept with them out of duty, to produce children. He draws the line with LianFang though and he still hasn’t consummated his marriage with her (thank goodness and let’s hope it stays that way bec if he ever sleeps with her, I’m pulling the plug on this drama haha) 

• Like 4

@Mouse @NiteWalker @SnT To me it seems the  writer understands that the viewers these days won’t be able to accept polygamy type relationships , but at the same time she/ he had to be true to the practice of those times.  So from what I see the writer has come to a compromise by showing the male lead here to be disinterested in the other women. The impression I’m getting is that he’s not even slept with Lian Fang & I don’t think he’s also been with the other two for a long time. So I think that’s how it is acceptable to us viewers. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

4 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I think they became his concubines because of his mother. Concubine Wen for her family’s support and then Concubine Qin was his mother’s former maid. At least he doesn’t really spend time with the concubines unless he’s told to. And even then, he just eats a meal or checks on them and then goes. The only thing that bothers me is that he has a son with concubine Wen and he also had a child with Concubine Qin although she miscarried. I don’t even want to imagine those scenes. I’m pretty sure he just slept with them out of duty, to produce children. He draws the line with LianFang though and he still hasn’t consummated his marriage with her (thank goodness and let’s hope it stays that way bec if he ever sleeps with her, I’m pulling the plug on this drama haha) 

talking about maids....i saw in a clip that a maid is trying to get his attention by trying to personally feed him soup and then ShiYi rushes in......

i wonder what will happen then hahaha.

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Mouse @NiteWalker @SnT To me it seems the  writer understands that the viewers these days won’t be able to accept polygamy type relationships , but at the same time she/ he had to be true to the practice of those times.  So from what I see the writer has come to a compromise by showing the male lead here to be disinterested in the other women. The impression I’m getting is that he’s not even slept with Lian Fang & I don’t think he’s also been with the other two for a long time. So I think that’s how it is acceptable to us viewers. 

totally....same i share the same thought that i do not think he even share the same blanket with LianFang at all....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Mouse said:

@abs-oluteM I agree with you. I think the writers do a good job of putting distance between LingYi and the other women. It gives me the impression he slept with them only once (or maybe it’s just how I comfort myself lol).

lets not give ourselves gray hairs by trying to see how many times he share the same blanket with them **ahem**

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 3/4/2021 at 12:34 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I have to say that I do find this side romance very cute too

0B3hr9M.png

@abs-oluteM definitely cuter than the other one....i mean while sometimes DongQing might went beyond her means to protect ShiYi and also act without really thinking much....

she doesnt think to went above her station like some of the maids.....so i definitely like to see if General Fu can actually romances DongQing ehehehe then both of them will be HouYe and ShiYi connections of communication hahaha

• Like 4
Just now, Yana said:

I wonder what's latest news bout Er Niang...last scene of her..she got bruises on her face and hand. Poor her got abused by Wang Yu. And her MIL backing up his son's behaviour, which i'm totally can't imagine living in that household. 

i believe ErNiang will be trying to cause ShiYi some grief at the banquet later on....

as the Ou first wife will enter the scene and tried to belittle ShiYi in front of everyone....

she doesnt change and she actually brought this out on herself....if she hasnt push ShiYi into the pit....and ended up falling into that pit herself....maybe it wont be that bad?

However WangYu is definitely a womanizer...he is too use to get his own way and that rotten mother of his actually protected him that enable him to be even worst

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
8 minutes ago, Yana said:

I wonder what's latest news bout Er Niang...last scene of her..she got bruises on her face and hand. Poor her got abused by Wang Yu. And her MIL backing up his son's behaviour, which i'm totally can't imagine living in that household. 

I wonder if Shiyi is going to eventually do something for ErNiang that will make her change her mind about Shiyi. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i believe ErNiang will be trying to cause ShiYi some grief at the banquet later on....

as the Ou first wife will enter the scene and tried to belittle ShiYi in front of everyone....

she doesnt change and she actually brought this out on herself....if she hasnt push ShiYi into the pit....and ended up falling into that pit herself....maybe it wont be that bad?

However WangYu is definitely a womanizer...he is too use to get his own way and that rotten mother of his actually protected him that enable him to be even worst

Ikr...on the last scene..she said all these happened because of shiyi..:mad: ohh..she totally didnt change at all. and wangyu is a trash, not only he's having fun outside ...get drunk. to abuse your wife totally not acceptable. 

• Like 3

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLy1ns4FvRx/?igshid=2stqcshyrtcp

Hope u can open this. 

Bts but shows a few important scenes. At min 2 to 3 thereabouts shows the two very important falls. Shiyi falling n houye trying to catch. It was in the embroidery workshop where she pounted a scissors to herself. I suspect thst scissors may hv injured him. Same clothing on both

Another is the fall of danyang. In trailer 19 qiao is gonna cause danyang to fall in shiyi courtyard. Here it shows how shiyi cushion the fall. 

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I wonder if Shiyi is going to eventually do something for ErNiang that will make her change her mind about Shiyi. 

From trailer 23 i think brother kuan mention wany yu (er ninang hubby) is gettinh very closed w Ou eldest son. Something to watch out. N er ninag is shaming shiyi together w Ou eldest son wife. Looks like some ganging up is coming. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
12 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Actually thst is a very typical spoilt man of those era. Cause mothers are so hyped up about their sons. Spoiling till they become rotten. U hv one kids like 3 to 5 ppl serving him. Really handicap amy decent kids im today standard.

Do u guys wish to see more scenes of the kids. I wish shiyi can bring all of houye children together. I mean they are all his sons. Yuge is obviously smart n kind n loving. Daddy only pays attention to chunge. They deserve to play together n not train to be either succumbing to one n one to high mighty. These disturb me more than concubines. This di n shu differentiation. 

Who do u think will get fengqing.?  Sevond sister in law? Or danyang end up taking responsibilities for him. All good looking boys. In the cast list def no ectra little boy to see as shiyi son. W houye so many sons, hope he gets a daughter from shiyi haha.... Ok i m sidetravk w my day dream haha.... 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

talking about maids....i saw in a clip that a maid is trying to get his attention by trying to personally feed him soup and then ShiYi rushes in......

i wonder what will happen then hahaha.

Fron rhe clip I thought it looks like amber the maid. Looks worrying why would she want to do that. Madam lou order to get herself be houye concubine or chamber maid? Eeeekkkk.... Hope she is the loyal one. Cause she is snart m calm unlike donqing

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

totally....same i share the same thought that i do not think he even share the same blanket with LianFang at all....

I think he is put off by lianfang from the start. Her throwing himself at him really is not good move. 

The other two he did his sop. N gave them children. I think after that he consider his responsibility done. He just need to provide them home security thats all 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, SnT said:

Fron rhe clip I thought it looks like amber the maid. Looks worrying why would she want to do that. Madam lou order to get herself be houye concubine or chamber maid? Eeeekkkk.... Hope she is the loyal one. Cause she is snart m calm unlike donqing

sighhhhhh.............i guess we can only rely on DongQing then....she is always loyal from the start despite sometimes she is pretty clueless as well over-excited and tends to let her mouth run faster than her brain....

3 minutes ago, SnT said:

I think he is put off by lianfang from the start. Her throwing himself at him really is not good move. 

The other two he did his sop. N gave them children. I think after that he consider his responsibility done. He just need to provide them home security thats all 

definitely....he never even look her way.....remember the scenes where she tried to show off the new dress she was wearing and he ended up preaching her about the embroidery of the 5 poison flowers...i was laughing so hard on that....

• Like 5
3 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I feel proud of my essay that i wrote on mydramalist because some people can’t grasp the idea of concubines and they’re kind of ruining it for new viewers :mad:

i wasn’t gonna care but you know you gotta defend Wallace when he get called out

Drama list reviews can sometimes be terrible and sometimes good. I usually trust reviews from viewers that like the same type of drama I obsessed over. 

@NiteWalker The drama’s I love , I don’t read reviews at all because these fan sure know how to ruin your love of a drama

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Just now, UnniSara said:

Drama list reviews can sometimes be terrible ans sometimes good. I usually trust reviews from viewers that like the same type of drama I obsessed over. 

usually i tried to avoid reviews or seeing ppl comments...

douban comments is worst too....their rating is not over 8 and its barely scratching 7 at all too

4 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

@NiteWalker The drama’s I love , I don’t read reviews at all because these fan sure know how to ruin your love of a drama

hahaha...u know me well too....u know i dont read reviews as well as ppl opinions dont really affect how i feel about a drama....there will be times i like a drama u dont like and i like a drama you dont like....all we need is to respect each other opinion :cool:

• Like 4