The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

12 hours ago, SnT said:

But got xu lingyi who hugs her n says he will not give up on her. N she says if there is another lifetime, she would wish them to be husband n wife. Touch!!! I think she must hv scarifice herself to save the entire family. 

yes i think she must have thought that is the only way out....and LingYi will not give up on her...

he had fallen hard for her by that times, how can he let go of he light that had become the main comfort and showing him the path when he is lost?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I think he serves her the divorce letter n left to go army camp. But came back when he realise he miss her too much. I hope the raining scenes comes after the divorce letter where she walk in the rain n from the bts he pick her up princess carry her back. Then there is very strong kiss n she is still wet. 

Anyone wonder the last scene in ep18 that beautiful scene he carries her to bed. Why she pretend to sleep. If she doesn't want to sleep w him can wake up n excuse herself n go back to her xikuayuan right. She stayed n ended falling asleep in his chamber haha... So off guard meh 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

yes i think she must have thought that is the only way out....and LingYi will not give up on her...

he had fallen hard for her by that times, how can he let go of he light that had become the main comfort and showing him the path when he is lost?

I actually suspect he divorces her bec he thinks she betrayed him but then she ends up sacrificing herself for him which makes him realize she really loves him. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

11 hours ago, Mouse said:

@Chocolate it does start slow but eventually the pace picks up.. I also thought it was slow in the beginning but then @NiteWalker told me she really enjoyed LingYi and Shiyi's interactions and so I just kept watching to get to those scenes. :laugh:

**ahem**

what to do they are the main beacon for me to enjoy the series...without them i wouldnt have pick up a harem show u know lols hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Mizv said:

@abs-oluteM @Mouse Hello! It’s been forever since I’ve found a drama to chat about.  Hope this thread is good despite the fast pace.  

This is a first for me seeing “divorce” in historical drama.  Will be interesting to see why.  I suspect the killer is someone close to LY that forces him to divorce 

I can say everyone here loves the drama . And definitely lots of Wallace fangirling going on. :pandalove: It’s the way he holds himself and his changed expressions when he thinks of her that gives me all the feels . 

I have not watched that many cdramas , but I remember in Blooms of Ruyi Pavilion there was also divorce letter served  (though it never went through) .  But you’re right;  it is rare for divorce in those times

—————

By the way the chaebol in this land is @SilverMoonTea & @NiteWalker . Just saying . :pandaevil:

——————

Thanks @stroppyse for counting & awarding the points . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

5 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I actually suspect he divorces her bec he thinks she betrayed him but then she ends up sacrificing herself for him which makes him realize she really loves him. 

Lets hope the divorce letter is over petty stuffs n then they made up n work through the big things like fighting the ous n maritime ban n throwing qiao out.. 

The ending scene i m very very sure is not another wedding scene. Both of them. Are in court gear. I think it about a noble title bestow to her. They call it Gao Min furen. Given to wife of noble man who contribute/serve to the country. U cannot simply disrespect gao min furen. Cause it is awarded by emperor to the ladies. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

All points have now been awarded to Members who participated in the Jin Xin Si Yu Event.

18 Members participated in the Event. Of those, the top posters were

@NiteWalker

@SnT

@Yana and @Mouse

@abs-oluteM

@UnniSara

@AwkwarDerp and @SilverMoonTea

Hope you will use your points to purchase a "The Sword and the Brocade" medal in the Member Shop. And anyone who may be a bit short on points, you may want to hit up @NiteWalkerand @SnT. :pandapray:  :BulbaOWO:

If you think you were awarded the wrong number of points, please DM me.

Congrats girlsssssss:love::Party01: *sending virtual hugs*

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I still think there’s a possibility that Shiyi goes to wherever LingYi is bec there’s a clip in one of the previews that looked like LingYi fighting off bad guys while shielding Shiyi... 

I just hope the “divorce” and time apart is short and then back to intense love again. 

I forgot to add that in the clip where it looks like he leaves after leaving her the divorce letter, he has the shoes in the carriage with him. So that tells me he still loves her very much. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

6 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I still think there’s a possibility that Shiyi goes to wherever LingYi is bec there’s a clip in one of the previews that looked like LingYi fighting off bad guys while shielding Shiyi... 

I just hope the “divorce” and time apart is short and then back to intense love again. 

I think that fighting scene is related to qiao trying to harm her. Qiao has a scene in the forest giving order kill her. N scene of lingyi riding through the forest w linbo. That riding scene was in opeming ost. I read through their clothing. They tend to hv one event one clothing set. 

The divorce has her in light pale green dress n him in a blackish embroidered gear. 

I really love their clothings so much. So beautifully elaborated. N i enjoyed all the carvings n pieces in the rooms. My hubby who does some in animation n study film commented that the filming is very well dine n cinematic. Many actions were we thought through. Eg when the 3 concubine serves tea. U see shiyi giving qiao her pouch gift w one hand while she hand the wen n qin w 2 hands. It was to counter qiao rudeness. Love details like that. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
40 minutes ago, Mizv said:

@abs-oluteM @Mouse Hello! It’s been forever since I’ve found a drama to chat about.  Hope this thread is good despite the fast pace.  

This is a first for me seeing “divorce” in historical drama.  Will be interesting to see why.  I suspect the killer is someone close to LY that forces him to divorce 

I did notice shiyi kept saying  to many people “don’t worry I know what to do”.   I got the impression she was saying that more to herself.

I kinda dig the way Wallace Chung walks...  I can’t explain it but I find it cute.   

to The Who post IG thanks!  Love the spoilers!

Yeah so the man just give the girl a paper, kind of like an agreement, thats what I got from other drama. Once he give the paper, then you’re good to go

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

It says on weibo jinxinsiyu breaks 1 billion traffic wow it is not even half way through the show 

16 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Yeah so the man just give the girl a paper, kind of like an agreement, thats what I got from other drama. Once he give the paper, then you’re good to go

He lee su is divorce paper. Two person must sign. It is a mutual agreement to end the marriage. 

Siu su is man divorce woman. Usually man to woman hardly woman to man. Siu su usually means women commit some gravw mistake like no kids for a long time, adultery, treat in laws badly etc depending on the law of the particular dynasty. 

So he gave her a he lee not siu su. This is ming dynasty. A real dynasty in chinese history. So this show is realistic. I don think they divorce unless she sign. Its him giving her thevfreedom to go if she choose.

Also Gals, remember our ruyi furong. Our suwan did not sign on it. N never really divorce until the very end to save her from live burial. He lee is that concept. Less damaging for woman. Tiny less than siu. 

Edited by SnT
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 minute ago, AwkwarDerp said:

From my typical knowledge tho, majority drama with arranged marriage tend to go into conflict, divorced then getting back together with some dramatic reason

i think they need some space to think it thru whether they really want to be with each other....

as the more you spend times with each other the more you will come to realize that this isnt a bad person at all...and it might probably be someone we can spend the rest of our life with too....while some need the break to think things thru to see if they really come to like each other...

some space in between is good sometimes....as it will make them see things they never seen before...

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
Just now, NiteWalker said:

i think they need some space to think it thru whether they really want to be with each other....

as the more you spend times with each other the more you will come to realize that this isnt a bad person at all...and it might probably be someone we can spend the rest of our life with too....while some need the break to think things thru to see if they really come to like each other...

some space in between is good sometimes....as it will make them see things they never seen before...

Yeah I agree. It give her more time to realize that he’s important or possibly give me time to understand he loves her not because he promised Yuanniang to take care of her. 

i hope nobody go telling her that’s he doing all of this because Yuanniang made him promise or something then making her doubting his love

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Yeah I agree. It give her more time to realize that he’s important or possibly give me time to understand he loves her not because he promised Yuanniang to take care of her. 

i hope nobody go telling her that’s he doing all of this because Yuanniang made him promise or something then making her doubting his love

most probably she will doubts herself too...there will be times when you start doubting everything around you or what you once believe....

she went thru alot despite her being in one of the prestige family, she spend 3 years in a peaceful life which i think she had wish insides that she never had to come back when they summon her back to the city...

her mother had always say that them coming back might not be a good thing after all.....which prove the mother right at a point...

a lot of ppl complain about how soft or why is the women is so demure, what they forget is that these women living in a different era than us....we had fought lot for a standing in this world....and what we have now is also thru some of these women bravery who finally stood up for us too

watching them make me realize that we should appreciate and be happy that we are living in a era where our voice are heard and listen to...rather than we need to follow everything that is arrange by our parents 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Do you guys think LingYi ever have just a little bit of affection for Yuanniang. I noticed whenever he come home, he would look for her, maybe because she’s sick but it seems like she was still somewhat different compared to other people 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Do you guys think LingYi ever have just a little bit of affection for Yuanniang. I noticed whenever he come home, he would look for her, maybe because she’s sick but it seems like she was still somewhat different compared to other people 

yes i believe and does feel that he might just have some affection for her....or felt that he should do the right by her as it was her grandpa that had managed to convince the emperor to give the Xu Family a chance to redeem themselves 

• Like 2

Hello! First time here.. After reading through all your posts for a few days, I can't help but join in lol. This is the first time I have anticipated a drama so much. I'm waiting patiently for monday and feeding myself crumbs from clips in YT haha. I really love historical dramas and slow burn romance. Love the awkwardness and the subtle sweet scenes. Wallace is so handsome and I love Tan Songyun 🥰 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 minutes ago, tine09 said:

Hello! First time here.. After reading through all your posts for a few days, I can't help but join in lol. This is the first time I have anticipated a drama so much. I'm waiting patiently for monday and feeding myself crumbs from clips in YT haha. I really love historical dramas and slow burn romance. Love the awkwardness and the subtle sweet scenes. Wallace is so handsome and I love Tan Songyun 🥰 

welcome!!! hahaha....their awkwardness is very cute....i always laugh whenever i see how they were with each other.....

everyone is actually shouting for them to consummate their marriage hahaha and i think at te rate they are going....we might need to wait for a bit more maybe this coming week we get to that development? hehehe

:cool:

• Haha 3
44 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

From my typical knowledge tho, majority drama with arranged marriage tend to go into conflict, divorced then getting back together with some dramatic reason

So true....every Asian drama needs the conflict and angst! I don't mind some angst- the make up ( and hopefully make out :pandaevil: here ) will be sweeter. 

Thanks for the explanations regarding the divorce procedure of those times @SnT. I am  guessing that he divorced her to give her a choice...somewhat setting her free so that she can choose her own path of happiness. After all, he knows she is more than capable given her skills. If he wanted to be very mean , he can keep her as the wife and make her life a living hell.  But he's not that sort of man.

Hello @tine09 . Welcome to the JangHaven & the thread. Happy that you joined us

5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

we might need to wait for a bit more maybe this coming week we get to that development? hehehe

I don't think so fast. These dramas love to torture us :cry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: -