The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

7 minutes ago, Yana said:

@UnniSara  @NiteWalker May i ask question. I don't understand why shiyi need to hide her status. I think it would be better if people know her, showing that she's not just wife to marquise but someone has talent and have a good heart helping people by sharing her talent in embroidery?? With that people will praise her more. 

It will make LiYing look bad as a husband. Remember when LiYIng spoke to her about accepting the money he gave her. Her having her own money will also make her look good and have the world know that LiYing thinks highly of her too. @Yana

Shi Yi is so used to doing her own thing and taken care of herself that she forgot she is now Married and she need to think making sure her reputation won’t ruin the Xu Family.  
She should have asked her husband first and they both could have come up with ideas that help the Xu family reputation and make her hubby proud. But ShiYi has never been loved or treated right from the Luo Family so she only know how do her own thing and whatever with the consequences. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

35 minutes ago, SnT said:

Yeap mom to wed. Next wed can unlock 6 episodes extra i think. 

So next week we can get 12 episode up to 30. 

yup Wednesday they will dump extra episodes hehehehe :cool:

usually for the olden days, the noble wife / concubines are not suppose to work or somehow i think.... @Yana and i think @UnniSara explained it better than me lols

• Like 4

Done with 10 episodes. I finish 9 episodes just in few hours. Lols. I got some inportant parts and skip the unecessasy ones. 

I was so annoyed at the men in this story, I'm referring to SNY's dad and LY.  How could they all so obediently agreed to what those women in their house told them to when they know that it is totally wrong. Dont they have their own judgment and arent they the head of the family? Or the first wife does? That is so annoying. I ffd these parts. Plus, can someone enlighten me a bit why would they have these concubines if they're not beneficial to their family power or politically supports their carrier or whatsoever. If they just see them as lowly one. I mean for LF, there's a good reason for her. But what about the other two concubines in there? Goshh :BulbaConfused:

Okay, the newlywed are being shy to each other. Lols. Interesting. I guess the duke fall for her first. Please let him try harder to get her heart. And that way the chance of him to defend his opinion for once. He seems so frustrating. Lols. 

Oh.. TSY is so pretty. I cant stop thinking her as jian jian when she acts playful. Sigh.. how could I move on from GAH, okay, I give up. Let it be. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
51 minutes ago, SnT said:

I also find it interesting that lingyi planted his own eyes in the household. U can see nothing escapes him so far. Even his first wife business dealings he knows too. Wow right. 

54 minutes ago, Yana said:

@UnniSara  @NiteWalker May i ask question. I don't understand why shiyi need to hide her status. I think it would be better if people know her, showing that she's not just wife to marquise but someone has talent and have a good heart helping people by sharing her talent in embroidery?? With that people will praise her more. 

:laugh::laugh:isn't he tired...dealing with military works and wife to care and multiple concubines..his mother and etc...:thinking:

I like how much foresight he has but I also think given how much politics there is within the household, he needs a neutral party to tell him exactly what is going on. Honestly, I pity him the most. These women all have ulterior motives.  And yes, so tiring for him.

I am guessing that Shi Yi coming to teach while being a wife of such a nobel man is frowned upon. I suppose in those times they were expected to stay home to look after domestic affairs. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

8 hours ago, Olivia Kate said:

I'm certain there will be, what I'm hoping is a realistic husband and wife kiss and not just the touch lips kind of kiss. I understand that it's not easy because there might be restrictions on the contract, inhibitions of the actors and others; however, at the end of the day, it really depends on how the actors execute the scenes on the script. WC is a professional through and through so how he'll manage kissing situations partly depends on the female lead.:smile:

I am curious about that too. Wallace is fairly realistic when he kisses, but Seven has usually been chaste. I know she's been working towards more mature roles. And I understand that it was pretty hot in Dear Mayang Street. So I am really looking forward for Shi Yi to return the Marquis feelings. 

Don't get me wrong I love the slow burn chemistry so far. I don't want them to rush it too much. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
23 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Plus, can someone enlighten me a bit why would they have these concubines if they're not beneficial to their family power or politically supports their carrier or whatsoever. If they just see them as lowly one. I mean for LF, there's a good reason for her. But what about the other two concubines in there? Goshh :BulbaConfused:

For Concubine Wen, her family is rich & are merchants. When Xu family was in financial trouble, Wen family helped them. So in return he took her in as a concubine to repay the favour. Then for the other one , the one who lost the child , if I recall correctly it was because she served the Great Madam very well , and her concubine status was given so that she can be looked after. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

28 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Done with 10 episodes. I finish 9 episodes just in few hours. Lols. I got some inportant parts and skip the unecessasy ones. 

I was so annoyed at the men in this story, I'm referring to SNY's dad and LY.  How could they all so obediently agreed to what those women in their house told them to when they know that it is totally wrong. Dont they have their own judgment and arent they the head of the family? Or the first wife does? That is so annoying. I ffd these parts. Plus, can someone enlighten me a bit why would they have these concubines if they're not beneficial to their family power or politically supports their carrier or whatsoever. If they just see them as lowly one. I mean for LF, there's a good reason for her. But what about the other two concubines in there? Goshh :BulbaConfused:

Okay, the newlywed are being shy to each other. Lols. Interesting. I guess the duke fall for her first. Please let him try harder to get her heart. And that way the chance of him to defend his opinion for once. He seems so frustrating. Lols. 

Oh.. TSY is so pretty. I cant stop thinking her as jian jian when she acts playful. Sigh.. how could I move on from GAH, okay, I give up. Let it be. 

In the earlier episode, i think they talked about how they both became concubines. Mainly its about building connection with the Xu Family, thats why these family were willing to let their daughters become concubines (but technically these two women somewhat love the male lead) sometimes having concubines doesn’t mean benefit, cause they technically get look down by everyone, anyway. 

from my understanding from past dramas, wives/concubines are usually pick by the mother, thats why you see Lingyi being uninterested in them and just fulfil what need to do, by giving them a child.  

• Like 5

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

For Concubine Wen, her family is rich & are merchants. When Xu family was in financial trouble, Wen family helped them. So in return he took her in as a concubine to repay the favour. Then for the other one , the one who lost the child , if I recall correctly it was because she served the Great Madam very well , and her concubine status was given so that she can be looked after. 

Wen family bankroll one of lingyi battle.. Qin the quiet one looked after houye when he was injured in one of the war. She was madame xu maid but because it took month to heal lingyi n all the time they were in the same chamber, so mum want him to take her to make sure she is accounted for. U can see now he has a chambet boy not a maid haha... 

Both r due to some form repayments to them. None out of love. Like i say our houye never need to woo a gal haha so he is equivalent to a inexperienced guy in terms of romance haha... But he does hv a playful side esp w his chamber boy n his assistant general fu. He loves teasing them so much. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Actually in those era, concubine is only a notch higher than a maid. So they exist to serve the household n main wife. Their children status are lower even if they hv same father. Sigh... In a way it is a systen to keep order in the family. It is true if someone like msin wife is not give absolute authority, with different ladies struggling n scheming for power, there is bound to be disaster. 

Best solution of course is still one man one wife haha.... 

• Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 minute ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Okay, I'm a lil late, but just saw them in modern clothes and looking good together! But the clip so short... 

Feed me something, BTS or anything... how to survive waiting until next week? :cry:

Wahhhhh the height difference between them is being amplified in modern clothings despite her wearing heels! 

More trailers!

I want this eps now!!!

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Concubines can be anyone, its just sad for women’s life back then, since they don’t get married in the house properly. I remember in the book they said 5th Lady’s mother was Luo Madame’s maid but even when she was pronounce a concubine, she remain serving Luo Madame and 5th Lady was raised by Luo Madame. 

Spoiler

I was skimming through the book again and 5th lady in the book was a little scheming from the beginning, so i’m quite surprised she’s portayed as “good”

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

7 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Okay, I'm a lil late, but just saw them in modern clothes and looking good together! But the clip so short... 

Feed me something, BTS or anything... how to survive waiting until next week? 

You see he looks so young in modern style. :wow:

Ask @NiteWalker to spam us some of them here, haha, she knows where to find these stuffs. Which eps r you @SilverMoonTea?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I read many comments in dramalist the story did not follow much. Even children names n mothers. Suppose lingyi has a daughter by wen, yuge is qin son. Yuanniang has a son, that still remains.. Shiyi will hv a son called jie but now they call fenqing sijie. Even who is good n who is bad are different too. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
3 minutes ago, SnT said:

I read many comments in dramalist the story did not follow much. Even children names n mothers. Suppose lingyi has a daughter by wen, yuge is qin son. Yuanniang has a son, that still remains.. Shiyi will hv a son called jie but now they call fenqing sijie. Even who is good n who is bad are different too. 

I really hope they will have kids (or at least one kid ) at the end of the show. After Ruyi , I was so annoyed that they didn't show them having kids and took so darn long to consummate  the marriage  LOL!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SnT said:

I agree, so if anything. I’m just using the book as a way to understand some missing pieces, but there are a lot if more characters missing but fine by me tho, less names for me to remember

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

I really hope they will have kids (or at least one kid ) at the end of the show. After Ruyi , I was so annoyed that they didn't show them having kids and took so darn long to consummate  the marriage  LOL!

Didn’t they do the same in Legend of Yunxi? Where the consummate at the very end of the drama? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alice Wonderland said:

You see he looks so young in modern style. :wow:

Ask @NiteWalker to spam us some of them here, haha, she knows where to find these stuffs. Which eps r you @SilverMoonTea?

Yes @NiteWalkershare some good stuff with us? Have more BTS or them in modern costume? I wish they promote or sing together sigh...

@Alice WonderlandI already finished ep 18... Until I signed those Iqiyi yesterday lols. So much effort, means I really love this drama. 

Ikr, you also shocked the husband all under wife wings ahahaha... But don't worry our Marquis getting lovelier and will told his mom off sometimes.

But I'm pretty sure you will still raise eyebrow on how his handling the concubine & the wife ahaha... He doesn't even try to hide his affection to new wife (you know women jealousy is scary!, so he's a bit unwise too on this department). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Didn’t they do the same in Legend of Yunxi? Where the consummate at the very end of the drama? 

Yes. I was so annoyed  :Mimed:..but Ruyi was way better where romance btwn the leads was concerned -ZZH's character was very expressive with his affections for JJY. 

BTS

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Until I signed those Iqiyi yesterday lols. So much effort, means I really love this drama.

Omooooooo, you signed up for IQIYI...I am shocked :pandawhat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@SilverMoonTea I heard TSY's voice for the ost part played in the episode. Is he a singer? Then lets wait for his turn for next ost. 

Ugh.. I ffd many scenes. Lols. I cant stand those annoying situation so for the sake of my mood, I skip them. But I know where to resume and watch the important and interesting parts. Haha

He's too obedient, and it makes him frustrating. This arranged marriage is just like a contract, so when both parties are breaking the rules, tragedy happens. 

Who do you think the one behind SNY's mom death? Did they reveal the culprit before? Cuz I just stopped at the scene whe  her mom found dead, got shot by the arrow. I suspect it's her step mom doing.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes. I was so annoyed  :Mimed:..but Ruyi was way better where romance btwn the leads was concerned -ZZH's character was very expressive with his affections for JJY. 

BTS

Omooooooo, you signed up for IQIYI...I am shocked :pandawhat:

U all hv access to longtv. Tv box. It is as updated as online like duboku.com. But wetv n iqiyi subscription is not expensive. So I guess it is ok. I subsvibe iqiyi for ruyi. Now I subscribe wetv for this. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

I m equally hooked on ruyi n jinxin. I hv a feeling i may love jinxin more. Cause it is more logically n down to earth. But its hard to say we are only 18/45 episodes. Many things can still happen. 

Consummating towards ending... Thats a big No!!!! Big put off. In ruyi zzh had the dreams that he will die n therefore not Consummating. But here they don hv amything like that. Normal husband n wife. Only thing stopping them now is shiyi is not in love yet. Once they are in love, houye better start staying at xikua yuan n leave his banyuepan for good. Haha... Lol. My bet is after the lantern festival. He declared his love first there. Saying he wants to hold her hamds till old. N they kiss there. There is actually a scene of them in bed n he asked her if she is not going to be responsible to him for her action haha..... So cheeky our houye. In terms of male leads character i love wallace n zzh characters equally. But fl leads tsy shiyi is more enjoyable for now, calm n logical n smart. Jjy furong can be reckless n she act too fast.. My opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, SnT said:

But fl leads tsy shiyi is more enjoyable for now, calm n logical n smart. Jjy furong can be reckless n she act too fast.. My opinion. 

Completely agree...FR was too reckless . Here at least Shi Yi even though she's courageous, generally she doesn't let her emotion get the better of her.

30 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The concubine was a surprise to me lols.

ahahaah...very hard for us who can only accept monogamous relationship to be okay with multiple wives. At first I was also hesitant...but I do like Wallace ...so here I am . :pandablush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Woah! This thread sure moves fast!

I enjoyed reading all of your comments. Both Shiyi and LingYi are smart and prudent. I think Shiyi didn't think twice about teaching embroidery because (a) she has a close relationship with her teacher and likely feels indebted to her and (b) it was her idea after all to have the women learn embroidery and likely felt that she was supporting LingYi's initiative in her own way. 

I also think that when she entered the marriage, she knew full well that it was only to take care of Zhun and only because Yangnian had asked LingYi. This, to me, means she doesn't really consider herself LingYi's wife but more like a "fill-in". This is why it doesn't really bother her when the concubines try to take privileges from her. To her, it's all about getting things done since she is there for a purpose. I think this might also be contributing to why she doesn't see LingYi as a "husband" in a romantic way. 

What I liked about LingYi gifting Shiyi the fan, accepting her shoes and buying back her land deeds plus more land - is that it actually showed a thoughtfulness on his part and an effort to go above and beyond. We can see that LingYi is fair and honourable and we see this in the way he deals with all the women. However, he is careful to draw a line. He only does the bare minimum according to what he thinks is appropriate. He doesn't go above and beyond. But we see a difference with Shiyi. He could've bought her a gift to show his appreciation but instead he MADE her a gift. He was EAGER to wear the shoes she gifted him. He WENT THE EXTRA MILE in not only buying back her land deeds but also TOOK THE TIME to assess her assets and purchased adjacent land so that she would have an advantage.

Another thing I really liked was when he stayed for lunch at Shiyi's and he ended up trying the food she liked. With all the other women, they would always serve him what he liked. But with Shiyi, he was willing to adapt to her and understand her preferences. I like that he is trying to get to know her - why she likes the dishes she likes, what kind of tea she prefers over flowered teas.. He once thought of her as young and with the same goals and mindset as YangNian and now he's starting to realize that she is different.

I think too that because Shiyi doesn't look at LingYi as a ticket/advantage, she is able to actually look at him as a person and understand him. I love love loved that scene where they're on the pavilion and she says to him "you're worried about something that bothers you but feel powerless to do anything about it.." you can see he's surprised that she was able to glean that. And yet she didn't pry nor offer any advice. She simply made an observation. The other women would have tickled his ears, or thought of how they might benefit from the situation. She didn't. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL_FjJOFCj8/?igshid=n45i6t4imz9w

This is tough to watch. I think she hurt him as in accidentally hurt him for the second lead. I hv seen in the bts she was suppose to take a fall in that scene n he was suppose to catch her. I would not think she would stab in direct but more like the scissors pierce onto him. Now we know the reason for divorce letter. So sad he gave her the divorce letter. He prob think she doesn't love him n want to leave him. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3