The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

1 hour ago, SnT said:

Btw did anyone saw in the kiss scene after the rain, Wallace had tear rolling down his face after he says is ok is ok. Before he kiss her second time. Wow!!!! Perfect timing. His acting is insane.. Is like houye is him, he is houye. 

I notice that too. The kiss scene is beautifully done by both Wallace & Tan Song Yun,  with all the emotion just right. When I watch it every time I feel the overwhelming emotion 💕💕

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

I'm really surprised with the Luo brother though. How can someone who grow up with that kind of a mom become such a great brother? Even Yuanniang wasn't that nice – she might not have treated Shiyi and Erniang badly when she was "dying", but if she was really that nice, she would have protected Shiyi when Shiyi and her mom was being punished because of her when they were young. 

In the case of Luo brother (I don't know his name.. lol), I really love seeing him trying to protect all his sisters without caring whether or not his sister is a concubine's daughter. And to pair with this really kind brother, his wife is also really nice – not pretentious at all. Such a rare couple to find, especially during those days when both men & women are all wolves in sheep's clothing – they act like they're all nice but they're actually ready to backstab you from behind. 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 minutes ago, SnT said:

Like shiyi says u hv to walk ur journey with guts n be brave. If they stsrted well n ErNiang can maybe keep in interested, he may not change his philandering  n drinking way, but at least not so abusive.

I do think Erniang could’ve had different ending if she hadn’t lied back then. She provoked Wang Yu and that cause him to get revenge later by being abusive. But I don’t think that Wang Yu will change his philandering ways after marriage. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, SnT said:

Cant help it is all over weibo, Instagram, YouTube the scenes haha... But it is first time i notice he cried. I saw her tears alright. N he even wipe the tear that roll down to the corner of her mouth.. 

Haha they prob used eye drop. How to cry so handsomely/prettily n nicely? Lol

I was actually thinking how pretty Seven was crying at that moment. I totally think it was eye drops. But the good kind so it feels real. She didn't have a runny nose and blotchy face that kind of crying would display.

26 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

I'm really surprised with the Luo brother though. How can someone who grow up with that kind of a mom become such a great brother? Even Yuanniang wasn't that nice – she might not have treated Shiyi and Erniang badly when she was "dying", but if she was really that nice, she would have protected Shiyi when Shiyi and her mom was being punished because of her when they were young. 

In the case of Luo brother (I don't know his name.. lol), I really love seeing him trying to protect all his sisters without caring whether or not his sister is a concubine's daughter. And to pair with this really kind brother, his wife is also really nice – not pretentious at all. Such a rare couple to find, especially during those days when both men & women are all wolves in sheep's clothing – they act like they're all nice but they're actually ready to backstab you from behind. 

I think as a first legal son how he was treated very differently from his sisters. In a way he's like his dad, who can seem really nice to everyone, but like Main wife in that he has more backbone.

This show is really showing us how an upbringing affect characters. People who were raised with kindness are kind, people who were spoiled end up like Qiao and Wang. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
41 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

Madam Luo maybe bad by our standard but I would say she is a proper mother for her son and gave the son many great tutors who taught him all the drum rolls and firework of Confucianism where teaching put an emphasis virtue, filial piety etc. Beside in that kind of household, women and men battled differently.

I think Luo Family have more children than what we see so far. There are Luo DaGe, YuanNiang, ErNiang and shot to ShiYi the youngest. Based upon the names, Luo Family have around 11 children, I think.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
3 hours ago, Mizv said:

Finally caught up with subs at ep30.   It’s seems most here are caught up to episode 36.  I don’t have much input now. I am too far behind relying on subs.  This thread moving faster and I seem to can’t keep up.  It’s not a bad thing means the drama is good.  I’ve enjoyed reading the comments here and very happy with YAMH and Love is Sweet recommendations. This is a first for me, currently watching more CDramas than Kdramas! 

Am guessing next week this  drama will be done airing.  since am so behind, I probably won’t be peeking in. 

thanks again for the recommendations.  

Don’t worry @Mizv   I am also relying on subs . So story wise I’m really only up to ep30 . I was actually quite surprised that the episodes were not so bad as I was actually dreading the angst. 

Hou Ye is such a good man. I always love how principled he is as a person. I appreciated  the foresight he had with regards to looking out for Shi Yi & also in setting up the fire to expose  the plans of the Ou family. It was of course a terribly anxious time for SY & his family. But the silver lining is that SY realises how much she loves him . Him returning from the dead , so to speak , is all that is needed for her to never entertain the thoughts of leaving.

Actually, I’m well-trained by The Blooms or Ruyi Pavilion & the Legend of Yunxi to be patient with when the leads consummate their marriage. The fact that Hou Ye & SY did it in eps 35 is a miracle :Ghastlel:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Personally I think Wang was always going to be a bad husband. Maybe it would have had a better start but he's spoiled abuser. Once he he got tired of her, he would have started his rampage of drinking and violence. Besides his family did nothing to curb his behaviour. 

The other issue is Erniang is hot tempered and blunt. She would overstep herself eventually. It might even be worse if she started to care for him and then to watch him turn on her. 

In a way, Erniang creates her own tragedies. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
36 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Actually, I’m well-trained by The Blooms or Ruyi Pavilion & the Legend of Yunxi to be patient with when the leads consummate their marriage. The fact that Hou Ye & SY did it in eps 35 is a miracle :Ghastlel:

Oh gosh... Don't remind me of this one. Didn't the leads in Yunxi consummate their marriage by the second last episode or something before that noble idiocy ending? lol. At least Houye and Shiyi wasn't like that *phew*. And the fact that they did it in the beginning of ep35 and not the end means we get 11 eps of Houye & Shiyi together (well.. let's also count the prison scene as being together because we know they're tight in terms of their feelings). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, gracebkk said:

Oh gosh... Don't remind me of this one. Didn't the leads in Yunxi consummate their marriage by the second last episode or something before that noble idiocy ending? lol.

yes ....:pandablank: ...Yunxi ending was like just the worst because it wasn't clear. Fortunately , Blooms of Ruyi had a good ending though it also took forever for any real bed action. 

I saw the uncut scene of the eps 35 kiss that was posted here...was so good. Wallace never disappoints when it comes to kisses & skinship. It helps of course if his partner is responsive. I hope we get more nice kisses later. Will they have children ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Will they have children ?

Yes they will! According to the stills that are around, they have a daughter? 

Spoiler

Although, for this case, I really hope they follow the book and have more kids. In the book, they also have an older son (I think the daughter and son have quite some age difference. When the daughter was born, the son was already in the army and being awarded.). Hou Ye & Shiyi deserves more kids! Xu MIL would be ecstatic too! 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

The Blooms of Ruyi Pavilion & The Legend of Yunxi are idol dramas with an idol as FL lead who has to considered her fans' feeling when doing skinship. ZZH is okay though, he did much more in his other dramas with Li YiTong.

I noticed there are some casts from Ruyi and YunXi who are also casts in TSnTB....Such a small world....

@abs-oluteM

nxMRpR.gif

This seems to be the end scene.....:cool:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
47 minutes ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

Personally I think Wang was always going to be a bad husband. Maybe it would have had a better start but he's spoiled abuser. Once he he got tired of her, he would have started his rampage of drinking and violence. Besides his family did nothing to curb his behaviour. 

The other issue is Erniang is hot tempered and blunt. She would overstep herself eventually. It might even be worse if she started to care for him and then to watch him turn on her. 

In a way, Erniang creates her own tragedies. 

you are right too.... 

maybe when Wang is interested in you, he will pamper u senseless ... however when that interest wane off I hate to think what will come off that

Yes to what said about erniang so if she really want to know the main cause all she need to do is look into the mirror

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The Blooms of Ruyi Pavilion & The Legend of Yunxi are idol dramas with an idol as FL lead who has to considered her fans' feeling when doing skinship. ZZH is okay though, he did much more in his other dramas with Li YiTong.

Ya true...I also think it is cause of the FL..the kiss was err just touch on the lips ...:pandawhat:

Ooo the ending still looks good. Notice the other sons are not there. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

With eyes WIDE open.....👁👁

:HaunterOK:

IKR....honestly why all these Asian dramas like to kiss like that? Like who will kiss that way ? 

----------------

Look at the number of views for this kiss scene!

Spoiler

So in eps 37 , Zhun ge goes missing right? What did SY get from the King?

This trailer looks sweet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@OsmanthusTea my guess is master jian. I think all the concubine are out. Our xu men will only love 1 lady haha... 

If that littke boy is danyang n wuye son then it should be shiyi will be pregnant soon. Haha... Because the little boy looks a bit older than the gal. It will be my dream come true if they show shiyi pregnant n giving birth to a gal. Xu has house full of boys, yuge, chunge, jiege, wuye son (ep 35). They need a little shiyi houye to spoil to bits. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Ruyi m yunxi weakness is the script which is vety illogical in many places. N jjy acting which is somehow wooden esp her eyes. Zzh is fabulous in look m acting. Ruyi is better thsm yunxi in every sense.  But the ending also not so satisfying. No kids n no kiss too but final bed scene at least is sweet. 

• Haha 4