K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

By Song Seung Hyun.

20220823000595-0-4.jpg

(Netflix)

Movie star Yoo Ah In is returning with Netflix’s “Seoul Vibe,” a film full of old hip-hop music and retro-inspired fashion.

Directed by Moon Hyun Sung, Seoul Vibe  revolves around talented driver Dong Wook (Yoo) who forms a team with his hipster friends to investigate the slush fund of a former president during the 1988 Seoul Olympics.

The film includes car chase scenes in Seoul as well as old-school hip-hop and Korean pop music.

“It is a fun and brainless action film. It does not convey a deep message to the audiences but does show some of the important historical elements of the time,” Yoo said during a press conference at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas in Seoul on Tuesday.

optimize.jpg

From left: Director Moon Hyun Sung, actors Ong Seong Woo, Park Ju Hyun, Yoo Ah In, Moon So Ri, Lee Kyu Hyung and Go Kyung Pyo pose before a press conference for the Netflix film Seoul Vibe at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas in Seoul on Tuesday. (Netflix)

The director also explained why he choose to set the film in 1988. “For Korea, 1988 is an era when bright and dark sides both existed. I wanted to create a story set in that interesting time,” he said.

Moon also added that he thought the style that used to be in fashion at the time fits well with the hip-hop fashion and music he wanted to include in the film.

Speaking about his character, Yoo Ah In is also well-known as a fashionista, joked that Dong Wook “he is obsessed with his appearance” and “completely different from me in real life,” drawing laughter from the host and the audience.

Yoo also added that Dong Wook has “a kind of fantasy about Western culture and looks up to it. At the same time, he also has a dream and a strong passion for it.”

Go Kyung Pyo, who played team member DJ Woo Sam creates a hip-hop mixtape for Dong Wook to listen while driving said it was interesting playing a character living in 1988 again.

He is better known for his role in the hit TV drama “Reply 1988” which was also set in the same period.

“The drama showed more of a lyrical side of 1988. This movie took a challenge and shows a more dynamic side by mixing current trends with the trend at the time,” Go said.

Actors Lee Kyu Hyung, Park Ju Hyun and K-pop artist Ong Seong Woo also appear in the film as members of the team.

Seoul Vibe will be released on Netflix on Friday August, 26.

Spoiler

optimize-1.jpg

20220823000597-0.jpg

(Netflix)

Spoiler

'tap'

source:

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220823000652&np=1&mp=1#;

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Manga Parasyte will be broadcast on Netflix with the participation of billion-dollar Director Yeon Sang Ho.

Tin Game channel learned that top stars like Koo Kyo Hwan, Jeon So Nee and Lee Jung Hyun have been invited to star in the movie The Gray adaptation of the Manga Parasyte.

source:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Limit-KM-pt1.jpg

By Woo Ji Won.

p1065573763849420-528-thum.jpg

Seoul, August 26 (Yonhap) “Although there are no sophisticated actions, unimaginable things happen with the belief of finding her child. So far, there has been no movies that female actor was the main lead. I wonder how audiences will take it.”

Regarding the movie Limit, Jin Seo Yeon said, “It’s a mom’s version of ‘Taken,’ I think if you are a mother of a child, you will watch it.” She met with Yonhap News Agency at a cafe in Seoul on Thursday.

“Limit” which will be released on August, 31, is a thriller about child abduction case. Jin Seo Yeon played mother Yeon Joo who fall in despair when her child is abducted. It’s a unique movie. The characters such as a police officer and a single mother So Eun (Lee Jeong Hyeon), a ringleader of crime group Hye Jin (Moon Jung Hee) lead the play and do action scenes.

p1065573763849420-916-thum.jpg

Spoiler

p1065573763849420-656-thum.jpg

p1065573763849420-572-thum.jpg

JNC Media Group.

'tap'

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065573763849420

• Like 5

064AK-4c.jpg

Reporter Oh Dae Young.

[Interview] Lee Jung Jae "The story of Jung Woo Sung, the ending scene of 'Hunt' and the best compliment"

1661561713-20236a72-fcb2-4cd0-8ed3-7bff3

Broadcast: JTBC Newsroom.

On August 26, actor Lee Jung Jae appeared as a guest on JTBC's 'Newsroom' to discuss his directorial debut with the film 'Hunt'. 

On this day, Lee Jung Jae discussed working on the set of his film 'Hunt' with his good friend Jung Woo Sung and also shared his thoughts on being nominated for 'Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series' at the '2022 Emmy Awards'.

The actor was also asked if filming for 'Squid Game' Season 2 had begun yet, or if there were plans for the filming to begin soon. 

Lee Jung Jae replied, "Director Hwang Dong Hyuk is still working on the script of 'Squid Game' Season 2, while receiving treatment for his teeth. He recently completed the larger frame of Season 2 and has developed the details for most of the main characters. I  believe he is now working on the scenario for each episode."

'click on the link'

source:

https://mnews.jtbc.co.kr/News/Article.aspx?news_id=NB12072549

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

By Kim Yoo Rim.

Drama Daejeon will be held in September.  In the photo, actors Kim Go-eun (from left), Park Min-young, Nam Goong-min, and Lee Seung-gi.  /Photo = Provided by each broadcaster
Drama Daejeon will be held in September. In the photo, actors Kim Go Eun (from left), Park Min Young, Nam Goong Min and Lee Seung Gi. Photo = Provided by Broadcast Company.

As soon as the syndrome of ENA's 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' is over, new dramas with different variances about to land in small screens in September. New works of various genres will provide audiences with 'fun to choose'.

From 'Little Women' to 'Mon-Wednesday, Gold-Tuesday, Mok-Sat', tvN fills September with new dramas.  (Clockwise from top) The photos are posters for 'Little Women', 'Mental Coach Zhuge Gil', 'Blind', and 'Mon-Wed-Geum Tue Mok-Sat'.  /photo = provided by tvN
The photos are posters for 'Little Women', 'Mental Coach Jegal', 'Love In Contract' and 'Blind.' Photo = Provided by tvN.

tvN will release 4 new dramas in September alone. 'Little Women', which will be broadcast first on the 3rd (9:10 pm), 'Mental Coach Jegal', which will be broadcast on the 12th (10:30 pm), 'Blind', which will be released on the 16th (10:40 pm), 'Love In Contract', which is scheduled to air on the 21st.

KBS 2TV's 'Love according to the law', MBC's 'Gold Spoon', and SBS' 'One Thousand Dollar Lawyer' are landing in small screens.  /Photo = Provided by each broadcaster
KBS 2TV's 'The Law Cafe', MBC's ' The Gold Spoon', and SBS' 'One Dollar Lawyer' are landing in small screens. Photo = Provided by Broadcast Company.

Spoiler
JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Empire: Empire of Law' will premiere on September 24th.  /Photo = Provided by JTBC
JTBC's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Empire of Law' will premiere on September, 24. 
Photo= Courtesy of JTBC.

'click on the link'

'source'

https://m.moneys.mt.co.kr/article.html?no=2022083114573568319#_enliple

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Party! 1

By Susan Han Akp Staff.

1661997601-20220831-k.jpg

Yoon Eun Hye, UEE, Oh My Girl's Hyojung and Son Ho Joon will be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in a brand new tvN reality series.

Titled 'At Least Once In Your Life, Kilimanjaro', the new tvN reality program follows these four cast members on their journey to the top of the great mountain in Tanzania, the highest free-standing mountain above sea level in the world. Yoon Eun Hye, UEE, Hyojung and Son Ho Joon are all well-known in the entertainment industry for their love of hiking. But will these stars be able to overcome the great journey to the top of the Kilimanjaro, a path known for its low-success rate of 30%?

Filming for 'At Least Once In Your Life, Kilimanjaro' is expected to take place some time in mid-September. 

'source'

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Yonhap News Agency By Yoo Joon Ha.

p1065569906633561-516-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by Tving Shows, poster of upcoming show 'Youth MT.' 

Seoul September 2 (Yonhap) , South Korean over the top online content provider TVING’s original variety show “Youth MT” will premier on September, 9.

The upcoming variety show Youth MT is expected to release 8 episodes will feature casts from k-drama “Love in the Moonlight,” “Itaewon Class,” “The Sound of Magic” and more coming to participate in conjoined membership training.

South Korean actors Park Bo Gum, Park Seo Joon, Ahn Bo Hyun, Ji Chang Wook, Kim Yoo Jung, Kwon Nara and more will appear throughout the show.

After initial release of first two episodes on September, 9 at 4 pm following episodes will be released every Friday starting on September, 16.

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065569906633561

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

cool-style-kwon-sang-woo.gif

By Kim Do Won.

yna1065624913800736-879.jpg

yna1065624913800736-375.jpg

Seoul, September 2 (Yonhap) , Actor Kwon Sang Wo comes back as a pitiful yet funny middle-aged man character who is once again seeking a revival in his life after a breakdown. 

At the online press conference held on Friday for the Wavve original drama "Crisis X," Kwon Sang Woo said, "It's a drama about everyone going through a tough reality," he said. "It is a drama that people can relate to, and I was so emotionally immersed and acted in a way while I was talking about stocks." 

The drama "Crisis X" depicts a story about a middle-aged man, "Mr.A," who reboots his life in a start-up company, "Lucido," after facing a dismissal from his company and stock crashes. This drama is adapted from the essay "It Hurts Because I’m a Middle-Aged Man." 

Kwon Sang Woo plays Mr. A, who is affectionate and bluffers a lot. He showed affection regarding this drama by saying, "I really wanted this character because I thought I could suit this character naturally at my age," and adding, "It's the best character I can play for during this time of my life." 

"Some people say that this character does a lot of comedy, but this character is more desperate than anyone else to get through his tough time," he said. "I think people would be able to relate more as there would be something to think about while laughing." 

"I can also relate to the housing problem that the entire nation has. Although I live in my own house, there was definitely a process I had to go through to have this. " He continued, "I can't even talk about the stock crash. These days, I like weekends when I don't watch stock applications. "

Director Kim Jung Hoon described this drama as "overcoming a life crisis," He said, "It's a drama that resolves the problem of a man who wants to reboot his life after retirement," he continued, "It's differentiated from other dramas because it deals with very realistic problems." 

He said, "Being dismissed from a job, erectile dysfunction, alopecia areata (hair loss), and more, this character hits the ground with nothing left to lose, and I could not imagine how actor Kwon Sang Woo would react to this script, but I was thankful because he was willing to take the character." 

In this drama, Kwon Sang Woo and Sung Dong Il, who showed bromance in director Kim Jung Hoon's comedy film "The Accidental Detective," will star together, arousing high expectations. 

Actor Sung Dong Il will be playing Heo Jun, the local doctor who says all the brutal truths to Mr.A and becomes what Mr.A looks up to. 

Other than Sung Dong Il, Im Se Mi will be playing Mr.A's wife who dreams of being a famous comic writer, Lee Yi Kyung, Shin Hyun Soo, and Park Jin Joo, a member of the start-up company who takes the challenge with Mr. A. 

The drama will be released on Wavve on Friday, September 2.

Spoiler

X-in-Crisis-p1.jpg

Wavve original series 'Crisis X' [Photo=Courtesy of Wavve]

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065599873870186

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

p1065577343489554-485-thum-1.jpg

Yonhap News Agency Yoo Joon Ha.

Netflix series featuring South Korean actresses Jeon Yeo Bin and Nana from K-pop girl group After School, “Glitch” will premier in October.

The upcoming comedy-thriller series will be available on streaming on October, 7.

“Glitch” is a 4 dimensional chase series where protagonist Hong Ji Hyo who can see the aliens and Heo Bo Ra has been chasing after aliens jointly her to follow up on the lead related to Hong Ji Hyo’s boyfriend disappearance.

Jeon Yeo Bin as Hong Ji Hyo shows this role play while her ability to see the aliens and Nana will act out as Hong Ji Hyo’s childhood friend Heo Bo Ra who is a streamer and they will chase after all the mysterious of supernatural phenomenon throughout the series.

Despite of their normal appearances, two of the main characters had the ability to see aliens take unexpected scenes.

Director Ro Deok of “Very Ordinary Couple,” “Journalist” and more will direct the production and writer Jin Han Sae of “Extracurricular” will collaborate the series.

glitch-season-1-k-drama-netflix-cast-128

Netflix.

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065577343489554

• Like 4

tumblr-9b098e7e05c8e1df37710fcad469fc90-

Project-Wolf-Hunting-p3.jpg

TCO. 

AKP Staff Posted by Im Ji Eun.

'Project Wolf Hunting', starring Seo In Guk and Jang Dong Yoon, released their main trailer.

On September 7, the new film 'Project Wolf Hunting', starring Seo In Guk and Jang Dong Yoon, released their main trailer ahead of its official premiere. In the trailer video, the opening scene is full of tension where a news anchor can be heard reporting that the criminals recently arrested in the Phillipines will be transported to South Korea through the Busan Port. Seo In Guk and Jang Dong Yoon are then seen inside the Frontier Titan, the ship holding the arrested prisoners.

In particular, Seo In Guk surprised many with his dramatic transformation into a heinous criminal, as well as donning a fierce body tattoo all the way up his neck toward his face area. actor Jang Dong Yoon, another prisoner, held a cold gaze as he told Seo In Guk, "Just go to Korea quietly". 'Project Wolf Hunting' is a survival action film that depicts the story of transporting dangerous criminals from across the Pacific Ocean to South Korea, a story never told before.

Meanwhile, 'Project Wolf Hunting' will be released in theaters on September, 21. KST.

'source'

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

Content Writing Yonhap News Reporter Kim Jeong Jin.

"If I only find a car, I'll give you half of it."

yna1065624913811973-900.jpg

Taxi driver Tae Gyun (Seo Hyun Woo), who is chased by debt, sets out on a journey to find a car after his younger brother Tae Min (Lee Myeong Ro) said there is a large amount in the Thunderbird car that is mortgaged at a pawnshop.

yna1065624913811973-961.jpg

Actor Seo Hyun Woo, who plays the role of Tae Gyun, claimed, "When I was driven into the worst situation, I thought that just like Tae Gyun barely opens his eyes again, we also have the will to get up again like weeds. "he said.

It's opening on September, 21. The 96 minutes running times in 'Thunderbird.'

yna1065624913811973-607.jpg

'Thunderbird' Courtesy of Triple Pictures.

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179532312496692

• Like 5

Content Writing Osen Reporter Ha Su Jeong.

202209180738770887-63264ded754cc-300x.jp

The official invitation to the Midnight Madness section of the 47th Toronto International Film Festival, 'Project Wolf Hunting' successfully completed its red carpet and world premiere screenings.

The movie 'Project Wolf Hunting' is a hard-boiled survival action in which a brutal rebellion begins in a huge moving prison on the sea that transports heinous criminals from the Pacific to Korea, and an extreme survival game like never before.

Project Wolf Hunting director Kim Hong Sun, Seo In Guk, Jang Dong Yoon and Jung So Min attended the world premiere screening of 'Project Wolf Hunting' held at midnight on the 16th in Toronto local time.

'Team Project Wolf Hunting' appeared brightly from the red carpet event before the official screening, showing how to fully enjoy the local hot atmosphere. As they are the protagonists of the movie 'Project Wolf Hunting' is already receiving a lot of attention due to preliminary previews for foreign media and movie officials in Toronto, heated coverage continued on the red carpet, once again proving that it is a global topic.

202209180738770887-63264dee331af-300x.jp

[Photo] TCO The Contents On.

photo1554358.jpg

Spoiler

photo1549406.jpg

'click on the link'

'source'

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111944720#_ace

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Content Writing Hankookilbo Reporter Yoo Soo Kyung.

75b515f5-7cf8-4c2e-9bad-26f4760b0cc3.jpg

Disney+.

The Disney Plus series 'Casino' starring Choi Min Sik and Son Seok Ku, will be released in November.

In the trailer for 'Casino', Choi Min Sik (Cha Mu Sik) who is full of charisma against the exotic scenery of the Philippines, appears and catches the eye. 'Casino' is a work that contains the intense story of a man who became the king of the casino after twists and turns and returns to the game at the risk of survival and life after losing everything. Choi Min Sik is drawing attention with his first off-screen challenge in 25 years. In addition, Son Seok Ku, Lee Dong Hwi, Heo Sung Tae and others appear to get brutally strong to the roleplay.

Director Kang Yoon Sung of the movie 'Crime City', which drew 6.88 million viewers, won the Best New Director Award at the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards and the Best New Director Award at the 23rd Chunsa Film Festival.

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022092008170004933

• Like 4

photo1547098.jpg

Content Writing Yonhap News by Yoo Joon Ha.

p1065599371313055-214-thum.jpg

Seoul, September 20 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor So Ji Sub is trying out a thriller movie for the first time.

“I was so focused and drawn in to the scrip I could not let go of it until the end.” adding “I was drawn deeper as I flipped through the pages” described actor So Ji Sub during the press conference of the upcoming movie “Confession” held at Lotte cinema next to Kunkook University in Seoul on Tuesday.

South Korean thriller movie, Confession, which will premiere on October 26, is about a protagonist who has been pointed out as a suspect of the recent murder happened in a locked room and his lawyer with 100 percent win rate, piecing together the crime.

So Ji Sub acts out the protagonist Yoo Min Ho a CEO of an IT company and the only suspect of the murder.

photo1541890.jpg

Lotte Entertainment.

Spoiler

p1065599371313055-935-thum.jpg

p1065599371313055-112-thum.jpg

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065599371313055

• Like 4

EntertainmenYet more legal series 

Entertainment.

Yet more legal series to hit Korean TV screens.

By Lee Si Jin.

20220923000668-0.jpg

Jung Ryeo Won plays cold-blooded lawyer Noh Chak Hee in "May It Please The Court" (Disney+)

Hot on the heels of the “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” craze, drama fans have yet many more options when it comes to Korean courtroom series.

Disney+, the flagship streaming service of US media giant Walt Disney, premiered its new Korean original series “May It Please The Court” on Wednesday.

Starring actors Jung Ryeo Won, Lee Kyu Hyung and Jung Jin Young, the 12-part legal series centers around two lawyers who work together to reveal the truth behind a serial murder case.

Following the release of the first two episodes of the series Wednesday, two new episodes will be released on Wednesday at 4 p.m.

Terrestrial broadcaster SBS is scheduled to release new Friday-Saturday drama “One Dollar Lawyer,” featuring a skilled lawyer who charges 1,000 won (about $1) for his services.

20220923000669-0.jpg

Namkoong Min stars as skilled lawyer Chun Ji Hoon in "One Dollar Lawyer" (SBS)

Recognized as a go-to actor for his performances in hit drama series including “Good Manager” (2017), “Hot Stove League” (2019) and more, Namkoong Min plays the role of a lawyer for the first time in his 26- year acting career.

The legal series premieres Friday at 10 p.m. on SBS. “One Dollar Lawyer” is also available on local streaming service Wavve and Disney+.

Public broadcaster KBS began its own courtroom series “The Law Cafe,” starring Lee Seung Gi and Lee Se Young in early September.

The 16-part series, based on a web novel of a same title written by Noh Seung Ah, revolves around prosecutor-turned-landlord Kim Jung Ho (played by Lee Seung Gi) and Kim Yu Ri (played by Lee Se Young), who is a lawyer and a tenant at Jung Ho's building.

The series aired on KBS Monday and  Tuesday is updated on the same days on Wavve.

20220923000670-0.jpg

Lee Seung Gi plays ex-prosecutor Kim Jung Ho in "The Law Cafe" (KBS)

Spoiler

20220923000671-0.jpg

Lee Jong Suk plays young lawyer Park Chang Ho, who is framed by a notorious con artist in "Big Mouth." (MBC)

Though the series came to an end on Sept. 17, MBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Big Mouth” is available on Wavve and Disney+.

The series follows young lawyer Park Chang Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk) while investigating a case, is framed and accused of illegal drug use.

source

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220923000651&np=1&mp=1

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

c8ef33261dace6ae4e479937507ccbca.gif

Yonhap News Agency Written By Kim Do Won.

Webtoon adapted drama 'Is It Coincidence?' casts actress Kim So Hyun.

p1065595877006399-998-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by Leeum Hashtag, shows actress Kim So Hyun. (Yonhap)

Seoul, Sep. 27 (Yonhap) --Actor Kim So Hyun is cast as the main character in the drama  drama 'Is It Coincidence?' her agency Leeum Hastag announced on Tuesday.

The drama 'Is It Coincidence? which is adapted from a webtoon of the same name, depicts a story of youths who meet their first love again after 10 years, finally understand true love and work for their dream.

Kim So Hyun will be playing Lee Hong Ju, an animation producer who was hurt by love before and is scared to fall in love again. Director Song Hyun Wook of the dramas "Another Miss Oh" "Beauty Inside" and "The King's Affection" will be directing.

'source'

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065595877006399

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Content Writing My Daily Reporter Myung Hee Sook.

202209292258478844-1.jpg

Actor Song Joong Ki received the grand prize at the 'APAN Star Awards'.

The 8th '2022 APAN STAR AWARDS' was held at KINTEX in Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do, at 8 pm on the 29th.

The APAN Star Awards 2022 was held for all drama contents screened on all platforms including terrestrial, cable and OTT from March 2021 to July 2022. In particular, this year, as K-dramas received the spotlight on various OTT channels such as Netflix and Watcha, the OTT division was newly established, proving their popularity. 

202209292258478844-2.jpg

202209292258478844-3.jpg

The following is a list of the winners of the '2022 APAN Star Awards':

Grand Prize: Song Joong Ki.

Drama of the Year: MBC’s “The Red Sleeve.”

Best Director: Jung Ji In and Song Yeon Hwa (MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

Best Writer: Moon Ji Won (ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)

Web drama: “Be My Boyfriend.”

Short-form Drama: tvN’s Drama Stage “2021– Deok Gu is Back.”

Best New Actors: 

Yoon Chan Young (Netflix’s “All of Us Are Dead”)

Tang Jun Sang (Netflix’s “Move to Heaven,” SBS’s “Racket Boys”)

Best New Actress: Park Ji Hu (Netflix’s “All of Us Are Dead”)

Best Supporting Actors: 

Yoon Byung Hee (tvN’s “Vincenzo,” tvN’s “Our Blues”).

Heo Sung Tae (Netflix’s “Squid Game”)

Best Supporting Actresses: 

Kim Shin Rok (Netflix’s “Hellbound”).

Baek Ji Won (Coupang Play’s “Anna,” ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)

Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama: 

Han Sang Jin (KBS1’s “The All-Round Wife”)

Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama: 

So Yi Hyun (KBS2’s “Red Shoes”)

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama: 

Joo Sang Wook (KBS1’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won”)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama: Park Jin Hee (KBS1’s “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won”)

Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries: 

Jin Sun Kyu (SBS’s “Through the Darkness”)

Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries: 

Yoo Sun (tvN’s “Eve”)

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries: 

2PM’s Lee Junho (MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries: 

Shin Min Ah (tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” tvN’s “Our Blues”)

Excellence Award, Actor in an OTT (over-the-top) Series: Ahn Bo Hyun (TVING’s “Yumi’s Cells,” Netflix’s “My Name”)

Excellence Award, Actress in an OTT Series: Han Sun Hwa (TVING’s “Work Later, Drink Now”)

Top Excellence Award, Actor in an OTT Series: Jung Hae In (Netflix’s “D.P.”)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in an OTT Series: Kim Sung Ryung (wavve’s “Political Fever”)

Global Star Award: Ji Chang Wook.

Best Manager Award: BH Entertainment’s CEO Son Seok Woo.

K-pop Label Award: KONNECT Entertainment.

Idol Champ Best Couple Award: Park Seo Ham and Park Jae Chan (“Semantic Error”)

Idol Champ Female Popularity Award: Park Eun Bin.

Idol Champ Male Popularity Award: Park Jae Chan.

Spoiler

202209292258478844-4.jpg

http://m.mydaily.co.kr/new/read.php?newsid=202209292258478844

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

'Decision to Leave' wins 3 awards including Best Director at Chunsa International Film Festival

Drama&Film / Kim Jeong Jin

yna1065624913829636-867.jpg

The 27th Chunsa International Film Festival [Courtesy of Chunsa International Film Festival]

yna1065624913829636-473.jpg

Director Park Chan Wook's 'Decision to Leave' won three awards including the Best Director Award at the 27th Chunsa International Film Festival.

'Decision to Leave' won the Best Director and Best Actor award at the Chunsa Film Festival held at Sowol Art Hall in Seongdong-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 30th.

Director Park Chan Wook said through the video, "A film director is one of the most important people when making a film, but a director is like an orchestra conductor, who can't make any sound without one person." I want to say thank you to all the actors."

'The Roundup', the first 10 million movie since the pandemic, also won three categories: the Most Popular Movie Award, the Best New Director Award, and the Best Supporting Actor Award.

The special prize, the Chunsa World Awards, was awarded to the Japanese director Hirokazu Koreeda's "The Broker".

First held in 1990, the Chunsa Film Festival was created to honor Na Woon Gyu, a filmmaker and celebrated its 27th anniversary this year.

Below is a list of awards.

Best Director = Park Chan Wook (Decision to Leave).

Best Actress = Tang Wei (Decision to Leave).

Best Actor = Park Hae Il (Determination to Leave).

Best Supporting Actress = Nara Oh (Romance is Only the Genre/Perhaps Love)

Best Supporting Actor = Park Ji Hwan (The Roundup).

Special Award Chunsa World Awards = Hirokazu Koreeda (Broker).

Most Popular Movie Award Picked by Audiences = Production Big Punch Pictures Hong Film BI Entertainment (The Roundup).

Achievement Awards = Director Shin Seung Soo and Lee Jang Ho.

New Director Award = Lee Sang Yong (The Roundup).

Best New Actress = Lee Ji Eun (Broker).

Best New Actors = Mu Jin Sung  (Romance is Only the Genre/Perhaps Love), Kim Dong Hwi (In Our Prime).

Best Screenplay = Kim Han Min, Yoon Hong Ki, Inara (Hansan: Rising Dragon).

Technology Award = Choi Young Hwan (Escape from Mogadishu).

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Party! 2

Comedy drama received OTT. Capturing users with the joys and sorrows of everyday life.

Drama&Film / Kang Ae Ran

yna1065624913830231-171.jpg

OTT dramas 'Ants are riding', 'Crisis X', 'Unicorn' [provided by Tving, Wavve and Coupang Play.

yna1065624913830231-578.jpg

yna1065624913830231-164.jpg

Spoiler

yna1065624913830231-713.jpg

Seoul = (Yonhap News) Reporter Kang Ae Ran, Reporter Kim Woo Jin.

Online video services (OTT), which have been offering genres for a while, are now showing comedy dramas that contain the joys and sorrows of everyday life.

According to the OTT industry on the 2nd, as competition between platforms intensifies due to the slowing growth of the OTT market, each platform is paying attention to increasing the supply of new content to prevent user churn.

Compared to last year, Netflix has increased the absolute amount of Korean original content. There were 15 original dramas, movies, and entertainment shows released last year but this year the lineup alone is 25.

Other OTTs are competitively increasing the number of works in response to Netflix's active investment, which has gained market dominance.

A typical genre is a comedy drama that does not require much CG (computer graphics) to direct, with daily life as the background. In the past, when the three terrestrial broadcasters dominated the content market, 'sitcoms' played such a role.

Tving introduced 'Ants Are Riding' in August, which pleasantly captures the psychology of individual investors. 

The story of ants (individual investors) who went through things got sympathy. The cast also recruited actors such as Han Ji Eun, Hong Jong Hyun, Jung Moon Seong, Kim Seon Young and Jang Kwang, they are solid in their determination and acting skills.

Wavve, which has relatively few original dramas are also winning the hearts of subscribers with its daily comedy dramas.

After receiving favorable reviews for the comedy 'Political Fever', starring Kim Sung Ryung in November of last year, Wavve released 'Crisis X' starring Kwon Sang Woo last month.

'Crisis X' is a delightful story about the daily life of a middle-aged man who is facing the biggest decline in his life such as voluntary retirement, stocks falling, and soaring house prices.

Coupang Play's sitcom 'Unicorn', which was released in August, is a sitcom depicting the struggle between Steve (Shin Ha Kyun), the CEO of the startup 'McCom,' and the team members. 

Shin Ha Kyun is full of the desire for recognition but he brings back the character of Steve, who can never be hated, in a witty and innocent way, reviving the charm of a sitcom that was difficult to see for a while.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

'New Normal' invited to three overseas film festivals.

optimize.jpg
Scenes from the film, "New Normal" / Courtesy of the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival.

By Kwak Yeon Soo.

Director Jung Bum Shik's new film, "New Normal" has been invited to three film festivals: the BFI London International Film Festival, the Warsaw International Film Festival and the Leeds International Film Festival. Jung is best known for his 2018 horror thriller, "Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum."

Suspense thriller "New Normal," the closing film of the 26th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, follows six people whom each bear their loneliness and exhaustion in strange tales of everyday horror during the social media-obsessed pandemic era. The film stars Choi Ji Woo, Lee Yoo Mi, Choi Min Ho, Jung Dong Won, Pyo Ji Hoon and Ha Da In.

At the 66th BFI London International Film Festival, which will take place Oct. 5-16, Jung's film will be screened in the "Cult" section. Director Park Chan Wook's "Decision to Leave" has been invited and will be screened in the "Headline Gala" section.

The 38th Warsaw International Film Festival will be held from Oct. 14 to 23 this year. "New Normal" will vie against 14 selected films, including "What Remains" by Ran Huang and "And the Sun Rises" by Dito Tsintsadze, in the International Competition section.

The festival's director, Stefan Laudyn, said, "The film is so well made. I love it. Very early in the film, became irrelevant if it is a drama, horror and comedy. I got completely captured by the story and characters."

The 36th Leeds Film Festival is scheduled for Nov. 3-17. The festival's director, Chris Fell, described "New Normal" as "a very inventive and compelling film, with well-crafted story that continues to surprise and grip through to the end."

• Like 4