K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

@abs-oluteM Do we wanna play another Baeksang poll again? :smile:

Spoiler

Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
  • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
  • Netflix “Squid Game”
  • MBC “The Red Sleeve
  • wavve “Political Fever”

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
  • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
  • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
  • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
  • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”

Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
  • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
  • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
  • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
  • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521558wpp/58th-baeksang-arts-awards-announces-nominees-for-tv-and-film-categories

• Party! 1

I think Squid Game is going to sweep up many of the awards especially for best new actress. I like Junho but I think Kim Nam Gil and Lee Jung Jae were better in their dramas. 

Juvenile Justice is the only drama I finished from the list. Everything else I either didn't finished or never watched. :laugh:

• Like 3

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama Are you guys happy about this news?

On 4/11/2022 at 11:34 PM, Tofu said:

I think Squid Game is going to sweep up many of the awards especially for best new actress. I like Junho but I think Kim Nam Gil and Lee Jung Jae were better in their dramas. 

Juvenile Justice is the only drama I finished from the list. Everything else I either didn't finished or never watched.

Yeah I think Squid Game will be a big winner too; however, I hope Jun Ho gets recognised for his performance in The Red Sleeve, which personally made me :wow2: (impressed) more than the other nominees.

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3
5 hours ago, ssteph said:

@mademoiselle @movingwheel we won't see Song Joong Ki & Kim Ji Won in Arthdal Chronicles 2 😭

I was shocked. ...I have to tell my mum now...she was hoping for S2.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama Are you guys happy about this news?

Oh yeah....I am overjoyed. Please let our ship sail @ktcjdrama @SilverMoonTea:hug:

Hmm this storyline feels so uninspiring after TRS

Interesting

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I'll try them all xDDDD except Arthdal. I think that one needs to wait till I get visual to decide. I really REALLY want an S2 for the proper story to be told but how can they replace actors with another when Saya and Eun Seom were so well-played by SJK! 😫😭

The news said the Arthdal story will be a decade later so LJK will play an older version of Eun Seom/Saya. Seriously, how could they do a time jump for where they ended it in S1! :pandacop:

• Like 2
17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hmm this storyline feels so uninspiring after TRS

Agreed. I sent it to @stroppyse and told her it doesn't sound interesting at all. Who knows, maybe once the promos come out, it'll look better or something. :idk:

The rumored casting of Arthdal is so random. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How come you send it to stroppyse? Is Junho stroppyse's oppa?

I don't think so. I just send her K-Drama announcements that I'm not particularly interested in. This one was because of the name. :lmao2:

stroppyse probably won't watch it because I think she has an adverse reaction to Yoona. Hahahaha!

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How come you send it to stroppyse? Is Junho stroppyse's oppa?

I like Junho a lot, and think he's one of a small group of idols turned actors who are worth watching. I've been a big fan of his dramas.

However, @Tofuis right to say that I don't appreciate Yoona. Unfortunately, she is one of a small number of idol turned actors who continue to be less than good, but still keep getting cast.

Combine that with the weird, lackluster story line, not to mention the nonsensical title, and I'll give it a miss.

I'm happier about Bossam. Yay! I thought they had great chemistry in that drama, so I'm happy that the OTP are both back.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ugh, it was hard to vote. Squid Game being a worldwide success really throws me off on this because I know Baeksang would award high revenue generating drama, so being a crazy huge success could mean they are the biggest winners but I also sincerely hope Baeksang would also recognise other equally good works.

For Best Drama, I chose The Red Sleeve. Overall it was close to being a flawless production with great ensemble casts - beautiful cinematography, story, characterisation, directing and BGM etc. 

For Best Actor, I picked Lee Jun Ho (The Red Sleeve) because he "woah" me the most with his portrayal of Yi San and awesome line delivery in sageuk tone. I also believe this to be his breakthrough performance compared to the other nominees. Sorry Oppa Siwan and Hae In :psweatduck:.

For Best Actress, this is hard but I eventually picked Lee Se Young (The Red Sleeve) because she was also great as Sung Deok Im.

For Best Supporting Actor, I gave my vote to Heo Sung Tae (Squid Game).

For Best Supporting Actress, I've picked Kim Joo Ryung (Squid Game). I just have a feeling she might get this LOL!

For New Actor, I chose Tang Joon Sang (Racket Boys). I think other than Racket Boys, Joon Sang may also be considered for his performance in Move to Heaven so I hope he takes this home.

For New Actress, I gave my vote to Lee Yeon (Juvenile Justice). Another breakthrough performance, I'd think, for an actress challenging the role of as a psychotic boy.

Technical Award - Yumi's Cells

Daesang - I'm banking on Squid Game getting the Grand Prize so I hope they don't take too many trophies home. Hahaha!

There are also Best Screenplay and Best Director awards, but I really can't choose. Personally I'd vote for The Red Sleeve's director because again, it was a beautiful and memorable production/drama.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a hard time choosing two categories - Best Drama and Best ML

Best Drama was a very close toss between DP and the Red Sleeve. Both dramas moved me very much and felt for all the characters. But I wasn't so pleased with TRS's angle with regards to how the Court Ladies had this secret organisation. For a drama that was supposed to be close to history, that didn't feel right. It wasn't a deal breaker but I think DP's storyline was close to flawless. Both dramas deserve the Baeksang.

Best ML - It was between Jun Ho and KNG. Jun Ho was so fantastic but KNG was superb too. So hard...I chose KNG at the end because his character was actually not easy to act out. Again whoever wins this deserves it as well. Think we have so many strong contenders in this category. 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring