K-Ent Grapevine

Baeksang Arts Awards 2022 - Drama Poll ( Vote for your favorites!)   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best Drama

• Netflix “D.P.”
    • tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Netflix “Squid Game”
    • MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • wavve “Political Fever”
  2. 2. Best Actor

• Kim Nam Gil – SBS “Through the Darkness”
    • Lee Jung Jae – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Lee Junho – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Im Siwan – wavve “Tracer”
    • Jung Hae In – Netflix “D.P.”
  3. 3. Best Actress

• Kim Tae Ri – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Kim Hye Soo – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Park Eun Bin – KBS2 “The King’s Affection”
    • Lee Se Young – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Han So Hee – Netflix “My Name”
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actor

• Lee Deok Hwa – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
    • Lee Hak Joo – wavve “Political Fever”
    • Lee Hyun Wook – tvN “Mine”
    • Cho Hyun Chul – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Heo Sung Tae – Netflix “Squid Game”
  5. 5. Best Supporting Actress

• Kang Mal Geum – JTBC “Thirty-Nine”
    • Kim Shin Rok – Netflix “Hellbound”
    • Kim Joo Ryung – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Ok Ja Yeon – tvN “Mine”
    • Jang Hye Jin – MBC “The Red Sleeve”
  6. 6. Best New Actor

• Goo Kyo Hwan – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Shin Seung Ho – Netflix “D.P.”
    • Yoo In Soo – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Choi Hyun Wook – tvN “Twenty Five, Twenty One”
    • Tang Joon Sang – SBS “Racket Boys”
  7. 7. Best New Actress

• Kim Hye Joon – JTBC “Inspector Koo”
    • Lee Yeon – Netflix “Juvenile Justice”
    • Lee Yoo Mi – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”
    • Jung Ho Yeon – Netflix “Squid Game”
    • Cho Yi Hyun – Netflix “All of Us Are Dead”

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 03:59 PM

TEASER

Posted by Im  Ji Eun. 

Kim Young Kwang brings chills with his smile in official teaser for upcoming Netflix series 'Somebody'

AKP STAFF

Youtube

Kim Young Kwang brought chills with his smile in the official teaser for the new Netflix series 'Somebody'.

On October 4 KST, the official teaser for the upcoming Netflix series 'Somebody' was unveiled. Here, a woman named Sum (played by Kang Hae Lim) introduced herself as someone who is "different from others." Instead of communicating directly with people, she finds more comfort by talking with people through a social connecting app, which she developed.

The scene then shows a smiling man named Yoon Oh (played by Kim Young Kwang) who matches with a woman through the very same social connecting app. When they meet up, what seemed to be a romantic encounter soon turns tragic. 'Somebody' depicts the story of Sum and her friends investigating a murder case involving the social connecting app that Sum developed, while a mysterious man seems to lurk close by them.

'Somebody' will be made available to watch through Netflix on November, 18.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Entertainment

AllFilmTelevisionMusicTheaterK-popesports

BIFF holds grand opening ceremony

By Song Seung HyunBy Song Seung Hyun

20221005000761-0.jpg

Busan -- The 27th Busan International Film Festival held its grand opening ceremony Wednesday night at the Busan Cinema Center.

The film fest runs through Oct. 14 in Korea’s second-largest city. A total of 243 films from 71 countries will be screened through the course of the film festival.

The festival in full will return to its pre-pandemic scale, according to the event organizer.

The opening ceremony was hosted by actors Ryu Jun Yeol and Jeon Yeo Bin, who opened the ceremony by sharing their excitement for this year’s festival.

“During the last three years, we could not meet much of the audience due to the pandemic. This year I am so happy to see everyone,” Jeon said. "I am glad to see the Busan Cinema Center packed."

“It will be an opportunity for moviegoers to enjoy the happiness of watching films in theaters. I personally enjoy going to theaters solo during BIFF,” Ryu added.

Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai poses for photos during the red carpet event of the 27th Busan International Film Festival on Wednesday at the Busan Cinema Center. (Yonhap)

20221005000762-0.jpg

'click here for more details'

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221005000774&np=1&mp=1

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Written By Song Seung Hyun.

Big-name film director Lee Joon Ik’s debut drama ‘Yonder’ premieres at BIFF

20221007000603-0.jpg

From left: Shin Ha Kyun, Han Ji Min and director Lee Joon Ik pose for photos during a red carpet event at the 27th Busan International Film Festival on Wednesday. (Yonhap)

Busan--Big-name film director Lee Joon Ik’s debut drama “Yonder” premiered Thursday night at Sohyang Theater in Busan during the 27th Busan International Film Festival.

After the first three episodes of the six-part series were screened, Lee subtly expressed his disappointment about the theater’s facilities during a guest visitor event.

“We are not at a movie theater. This is actually a musical performance stage. So while I was watching the film the sound did not come out properly when it was supposed to and I could not hear some of the lines,” Lee said. “But I am grateful anyways to be invited to BIFF. I did not expect to be invited with an OTT (streaming) series. My drama is being screened on the big screen only twice during this festival so I think I will remember this forever.”

Jointly produced by two streaming platforms -- Tving and Paramount “Yonder” presents the story of a man (Shin Ha Kyun) who receives a mysterious email from his dead wife (Han Ji Min), who uploaded her memories to a platform when she was alive. His wife invites him to a place in her memory.

The highly anticipated drama series “Yonder” will be released on the streaming platform Tving on Oct. 14.

The 27th BIFF expanded its On Screen program to screen nine streaming series, including “Yonder.” The new program was added last year to reflect the influence of streaming content in the global market.

20221007000604-0.jpg

Lee Joon Ik’s “Yonder,” which is being screened at Busan International Film Festival's On Screen program. (BIFF)

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221007000633&np=1&mp=1

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' wins top prize at Asia Contents Awards

Actress Park Eun-bin poses on the red carpet of the fourth Asia Contents Awards ceremony held at the Busan Cinema Center in Busan, Saturday. Yonhap
Actress Park Eun Bin poses on the red carpet of the fourth Asia Contents Awards ceremony held at the Busan Cinema Center in Busan, Saturday. Yonhap

By Kwak Yeon Soo

Korea's hit drama series "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" and "Squid Game" each picked up two awards at the fourth edition of the Asia Contents Awards (ACA).

The award ceremony, held on the sidelines of the Busan International Film Festival, recognize excellence in TV, OTT and web content.

The event was hosted by actor Jung Hae In and Kim Sae Yeon, a participant of Miss Korea 2019, who co-hosted ACA since its first edition. The ceremony was held in Busan on Saturday evening in hybrid format where Korean participants attended the event in person, while international winners joined remotely.

ENA's legal series, "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" about an autistic lawyer named Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) tackling challenges in and beyond the courtroom, was named best content and picked up an additional win for Best Actress.

"I'd like to express my gratitude to creator Moon Ji Won for writing a lovely, thoughtful script. The global success of the series was only possible thanks to Park's amazing acting skills." Director Yoo In Sik said in his acceptance speech.

Park, the heroine of the show, shed tears as she thanked the cast and crew of "Extraordinary Attorney Woo."

"It was really special to play the character of Woo Young Woo. I was delighted to bring her to life on screen. I will keep on working hard to create good content," she said after receiving the award.

Japanese actor Suzuki Ryohei won best actor for the series "Tokyo Mer: Mobile Emergency Room." He thanked frontline healthcare workers who have fought hard during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Screenshot-20221009-195641-Chrome.jpg
Actor Park Hae Soo poses on the red carpet of the fourth Asia Contents Awards ceremony held at the Busan Cinema Center in Busan, Saturday. Yonhap

Netflix's survival drama, "Squid Game," about debt-ridden adults competing in deadly children's games for a chance to win 45.6 million won ($32 million), won the technical achievement prize and an additional award for actor Park Hae Soo.

Park, who won the Best Supporting Actor award, said, "I feel like I've always gotten more than I deserve. I feel really lucky to win this award. I will become an actor who can contribute to the growth of Asian content."

The Rising Star awards went to Kim Min Ha for "Pachinko" and Ling Man Lung for "In Greek We Trust."

"I'm so thrilled to be taking home this award. I will do my best to deliver great stories and portray a broad spectrum of characters." Kim said.

The 27th BIFF runs through Oct. 14.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Entertainment

'The Match' starring Lee Byung Hun, Yoo Ah In mulls skipping theaters for Netflix release

By Song Seung Hyun

20221012000676-0.jpg

Actor Yoo Ah In (Netflix)

New film “The Match,” which stars big-named actors Lee Byung Hun and Yoo Ah In as Go players, is considering skipping a theatrical release and going straight to a streaming platform.

Netflix on Wednesday said they are in talks with officials of ‘The Match’ concerning its release but, "nothing has been decided yet.”

The announcement denies a local news outlet’s report Tuesday that said Netflix and producers of “The Match” had agreed to release the film on the streaming platform.

According to the report, “The Match,” like many other Korean films, initially sought the right time for a theatrical release, but its producers were considering changing tactics as theater attendance has not improved drastically following the easing of the COVID-19 restrictions.

20221012000677-0.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun (Showbox)

Several Korean movies, including the thriller “The Call,” directed by Lee Chung Hyun, “Time to Hunt” by director Yoon Sung Hyun and “Space Sweepers” by director Jo Sung Hee, have skipped theatrical releases and were distributed on Netflix since the outbreak of the pandemic.

Based on a true story, the film is about two Go players: Cho Hoon Hyun (Lee) and Lee Chang Ho (Yoo), once a master and his pupil, find themselves having to play against each other in a legendary match.

The film is highly anticipated as it is the first time top stars Lee and Yoo are working together.

Kim Hyung Ju, who created “The Sheriff in Town” (2017), directed "The Match." The shooting started in December 2020 and finished around April last year. The film is currently in the post-production process.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 10/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, Tofu said:

@JenL I would love to see them together in a drama! 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm excited for all the Chae Jong Hyeop dramas coming out soon  :wow::wow::wow: 

Feels like it's been awhile since this boy has been on scree, though technically he was on earlier in the year. I just didn't really like Love All Play  :laugh:

• Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Content Writing Dispatch Reporter Jeong Tae Yoon.

70d7cda1-b660-40fb-8b71-34ec20e000ae.jpg

“A bomb that responds to noise”

Upcoming action film “Decibel” starring Kim Rae Won, Lee Jong Suk and Cha Eun Woo, will open in theaters on Nov. 16th.

The movie Decibel (Director Hwang In Ho) released a teaser poster on the 14th.

“Decibel” tells the story of a terrorist who aims to wreak havoc on a city using a bomb that responds to noise and a former navy captain who becomes the target.

The poster has an overwhelming scale. Kim plays the former navy captain, while Lee takes the part of the bomb maker. Cha portrays a navy officer who specializes in sound detection.

e74dab34-268c-4e53-93f4-218cba098f4d.jpg

decibel-starring-lee-jong-suk-kim-rae-an

<Photo Courtesy of Mindmark Co., Ltd.>

“Decibel” is helmed by Director Hwang In Ho also directed the horror-romantic comedy “Spellbound” (2011) and the crime thriller “Monster” (2014)

Meanwhile, the movie Decibel will meet the audiences on Nov. 16th of next month.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2222059

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Entertainment

AllFilmTelevisionMusicTheaterK-popesports

Yeo Jin Goo, Cho Yi Hyun return with remake of hit romance film ‘Ditto’

By Song Seung Hyun

20221017000587-0.jpg

Actor Yeo Jin Goo stars in director Seo Eun Young’s “Ditto.” (CJ CGV)

Young actors Yeo Jin Goo and Cho Yi Hyun are returning with a remake of the hit romance sci-fi film "Ditto" (2000).

In the new film set in 1999, university student Yong (Yeo) has just returned to school after completing his mandatory military service.

There, he meets his first love, freshman Han Sol (Kim Hye Yoon). Meanwhile, Mu Nee (Cho), who lives in the present day, has a secret crush on her best guy friend (Na In Woo).

One day, Yong somehow communicates with Mu Nee through a walkie-talkie.

The film is a remake of the time-jump movie with the same title that stars actors Kim Ha Neul and Yoo Ji Tae. The original film is set in 1979 and 2000.

Director Seo Eun Young said one of the changes that she made was swapping the roles of the two protagonists -- Yong and Mu Nee.

“I thought it would also fit well if a man plays a character who is experiencing his first love,” the director said.

Actor Yeo, who debuted in 2005 as a child actor, said this kind of romance film about young people in their 20s in the 1990s. “As a big fan of the movies from the 1990s and 2000s, I was immediately attracted to this film when I found out that I could play a character who went to school in 1995,” Yeo said, adding that he had been a fan of the original before taking on the project.

Yeo, 25, in explaining his penchant for old films, said it may be because he is something of an old soul.

“I enjoy taking photos with film cameras in my free time and also listening to music on LP.” Yeo said.

For Yeo's co-star Cho, it was the romantic vibe of the movie that got her to sign up.

“I was looking for a movie or a drama with a warm and cozy vibe. Right on the day I read the script, I told my agency that I want to take the role,” Cho said.

Both Yeo and Cho said they did not feel any pressure playing the roles in the remake.

20221017000588-0.jpg

Actress Cho Yi Hyun stars in director Seo Eun Young’s “Ditto.” (CJ CGV)

“The fact that there is a successful original work actually motivated me to work harder to show a different version of the story,” Yeo said. “I enjoyed playing (Yong) who is honest about his feelings and toward his love.”

The film “Ditto” will hit local theaters on November, 16.

photo1563824.webp

Spoiler

photo1567448.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Posted by Sophie Ha, AKP Staff.

Park Yoochun new film 'To Evil' is not allowed to have a theater premiere in South Korea

www.wikitree.co.kr

1666197483-untitled-1.jpg

The film 'To Evil,' which was anticipated as Park Yoo Chun's comeback to the entertainment industry in Korea, will not be able to premiere. He garnered attention after announcing in September that he would be making a comeback with the film for the first time in 4 years.

For the past few years, Park Yoo Chun has been embroiled in various lawsuits, including his drug charges and the lawsuit filed by his former agency. During the lawsuit with the former agency, the court ordered a broadcast appearance ban on the celebrity, preventing him from promoting in South Korea.

'To Evil' was scheduled to premiere this month in October, but the theater release was canceled. Park Yoo Chun's plans to make a comeback to Korean broadcasting have fallen through as the court denied his request for the broadcast ban to be lifted.

Therefore, the production company decided to release the film on IPTV and other VOD services without having a theater release.

1666198583-image.png

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Written By My Daily Reporter Myung Hee Sook.

Ffk-YFc-MVIAA7-Tz3.jpg

Singer-songwriter Stella Jang sang 'Love Now' the OST Part. 4 for 'Cheer Up'.

source:

https://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202210242202505174#_DYAD

• Like 5

Written By Kang Gun Taek New York Yonhap News.

yna1065624913854754-564.jpg

Poster for 'Actor Song Kang Ho Special Exhibition' [Provided by the Korean Cultural Center in New York]

[Bulletin Board] New York Cultural Center, 'Song Kang Ho Special Exhibition' Online Screening.

The Korean Cultural Center New York is the second series of online Korean film screenings will be held from October, 28 until November 27, 2022 through the website (www.koreanculture.org).

In this special exhibition, six films starred by Song Kang Ho, including 'Joint Security Area JSA', 'Brother of Justice', 'Contemporary', 'Attorney', 'Taxi Driver', and 'Nara Sami' will be screened.

ataxidriver01.jpg

The Lamp.

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179532014418345

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Entertainment
Ha Jung-woo, Ju Ji-hoon to star in Tving’s ‘Bros on FoHa Jung-woo, Ju 

Ha Jung Woo, Ju Ji Hoon to star in Tving’s ‘Bros on Foot’

By Lee Si Jin

20221026000606-0-1.jpg

From left: Ha Jung Woo, Ju Ji Hoon, Choi Min Ho and Yeo Jin Goo (Walk House Company, H&Entertainment, SM Entertainment, Janus Entertainment)

It has been confirmed that top actors Ha Jung Woo and Ju Ji Hoon will star in the Tving entertainment series titled “Bros on Foot.”

The local streaming service announced Wednesday that its upcoming show will be available in the first half of 2023.

Aside from the two veteran actors, young stars Yeo Jin Goo and Choi Min Ho, widely known as Minho of K-pop boy group SHINee, are also part of the main cast.

The four actors will be challenged with mysterious missions and quests on their journey abroad. When asked whether the show will be shot in a walkathon format, a Tving official said it could not provide further details.

“The content creators and staff are still in talks about who will be given a chance to participate and how many episodes the series will have," the official told The Korea Herald. Young people will be invited to participate in the project, giving those who have not been able to travel freely during the pandemic a chance to go abroad.

“Bros on Foot” will be Ha’s first unscripted show. The actor has not hosted any variety programs since his debut in the 2003 romance film “Madeleine.” It will also be the first time for Ju, who debuted in SBS sitcom “Apgujeong House” (2004).

One of the highly anticipated Tving titles of 2023, “Bros on Foot” will be created by production company Studio Gaon, which was behind Netflix’s “Busted!” series (2018-2021) and Disney+'s “The Zone: Survival Mission,” and TV Director Lee Se Young of the hit SBS show “Master in the House.”

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221026000655&np=1&mp=1

• Like 5

Director Yoon Je Kyoon's much-anticipated film, 'Hero,' to hit theaters in December

By Kwak Yeon Soo

optimize.jpg

The poster for the film, 'Hero' / Courtesy of CJ ENM

Director Yoon Je Kyoon's long-awaited film, "Hero," is finally hitting theaters in December, according to distributor CJ ENM, Wednesday. The film, which finished shooting in December 2019, was initially scheduled to be released in 2020, but got delayed several times due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Adapted from the original musical, "Hero," the film tells the story of Korean independence movement activist Ahn Jung Geun's final year after he assassinated Hirobumi Ito, Japan's prime minister and the first resident general of Korea, in October 1909, about a year before Japan's annexation of Korea and the start of its colonial occupation (1910-45). In March of the following year, Ahn was executed in a Japanese prison in China.

Director Yoon is behind hit films like "Haeundae" and "Ode to My Father," which each surpassed 10 million viewers. He is currently working on K-pop-themed Hollywood film "K-Pop: Lost in America."

Actor Jung Sung Hwa will play the role of Ahn. Jung previously played the lead character in the original musical and is poised to star in the ninth edition of the production, which will open on December, 1 and run through February, 28 at LG Art Center.

"It was a long wait for me because we finished shooting the film about three years ago. Coincidentally, the musical production of 'Hero' will be performed onstage in December. It's interesting to see a film and a live musical on the same subject being presented at the same time. December is going to be a tough month for me physically, but I'm glad that I'm able to greet fans with both projects," the actor told reporters at Hero's Night, held on the sidelines of the Busan International Film Festival, October, 9.

Actress Kim Go Eun will portray Seol Hee, a palace court maid who witnessed the death of Empress Myeongseong. She supports Korea's independence movement by providing information for the activists.

"I've always thought to myself that I'm pretty good at singing. But I realized I was wrong after preparing for this musical film. I cried many times in my practice because it was really hard to get it right," Kim said.

"Later, I decided that it'd be better to choose between singing and acting. I was like, 'I can't do both well, so let's just focus on one thing.' I eventually chose acting," she added.

photo1106573.jpg
CJ Entertainment.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Written By Yoo Joon Ha Yonhap News.

Wavve's upcoming crime thriller series 'Deal' to feature Yoo Seung Ho, Kim Dong Hwi and Yoo Soo Bin.

p1065578221416679-379-thum.jpg

These photos provided by individual agency show Yoo Seung Ho, Kim Dong Hwi and Yoo Soo Bin.

South Korean over the top service provider Wavve disclosed on Friday that actors Yoo Seung Ho, Kim Dong Hwi and Yoo Soo Bin has been casted for the upcoming original series “Deal” (working title).

“Deal” is a crime thriller series about two of kids in their 20s kidnapping their classmate in order to get a ransom of 1 billion won.

Yoo Seung Ho will act out Lee Jun Sung protagonist with broken dreams of becoming a soccer player. And Kim Dong Hwi will act out as medical student Song Jae Hyo.

Victim of the kidnapping Park Min Woo will be acted out by actor Yoo Soo Bin. He is a only son of a wealthy rich family, however he provides endless unexpected variables to the kidnappers tightening an emotion throughout the series.

Director Lee Jung Gon known for his movie “Not Out” which was awarded with Triple Crown throughout the “22nd Jeonju International Film Festival” will lead the production.

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065578221416679

• Like 6

Content Writing Osen Reporter Kim Bo Ra.

202211010736778373-6360509fbc782-300x.jp

The movie 'Kill Me Now' will open simultaneous IPTV & VOD service in theaters from today (1st).

'Kill Me Now' (Director  Choi Ik Hwan, Produced by Movie Cider, Co-produced Light of Fantasy, Co-provided Solaire Partners Triple Pictures, Distributor Triple Pictures) this tender story about a famous writer with his son Hyun Jae (Oh Seung Kyun), who has a congenital disability. A human healing drama in which a devoted father, Min Seok (Jang Hyun Seong), becomes a special protector for each other. It is a film adaptation of the well-made play 'Kill Me Now' by Canadian playwright Brad Fraser.

This movie directed by Choi Ik Hwan and with the actors are Jang Hyeon Seong, Ahn Seung Kyun, Lee Il Hwa, Kim Kook Hee and Yang Hee Jun starred in 'Kill Me Now', which swept major awards at overseas film festivals, including Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Screenplay, and was recognized for its workmanship by winning seven awards. In particular, 'Kill Me Now' is a frank, bold and thoughtful portrayal of subjects that are difficult to deal with in a movie, including sexuality, disability, and death of dignity, and is recording 97% of CGV audience ratings.

Since its release, 'Kill Me Now', which is throwing a deep impression and questions to the audience, is a nationwide theater and IPTV (KT Olleh TV, SK Btv, LG U+TV), Home Choice, Google Play, wavve, Naver Series On, Cinefox, It can also be seen at home theaters through various platforms such as KT skylife.

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111979216#_enliple

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

News Posted by Im Ji Eun AKP Staff

T-ara's Jiyeon returns to the big screen in new film 'Gangnam Zombie'

1667357303-befunky-collage-2022-11-01t22

T-ara's Jiyeon will be returning to the big screen with the new film 'Gangnam Zombie'

Confirmed to be released in theaters on November, 30 KST, the new film 'Gangnam Zombie' unveiled their individual character posters of actor Ji Il Joo and T-ara's Jiyeon.

In the posters, Jiyeon and Ji Il Joo can be seen very tense, as they desperately attempt to fight against the zombies and survive. 'Gangnam Zombie' depicts the story of the life-threatening event of zombies occupying Gangnam, the center of Seoul, Korea. Jiyeon plays the role of Min Jung, a brave character who risks her life to survive the zombie attacks. Many look forward to Jiyeon's acting transformation and her onscreen chemistry with Ji Il Joo.

Meanwhile, 'Gangnam Zombie' will be released in theaters on November 30 KST.

1667357840-0000319962-002-20221102114401

1667357859-0000319962-001-20221102114401

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1587640379305869313

• Like 5

Written by Reporter Woo Ji Won Yonhap News.

Campus romance drama 'Cheer Up' gives vicarious satisfaction to coronnials

p1065572030560889-517-thum.jpg

p1065572030560889-655-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by SMR, shows, age-specific rate.

p1065572030560889-212-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by SBS, shows SBS drama "Cheer Up." 

Spoiler

p1065572030560889-662-thum.jpg

Youth drama "Cheer Up" is gaining popularity among people who could not participate the campus lives due to Covid-19.

According to Smart Media Representative (SMR) which distributes VOD online, the total view of SBS Monday-Tuesday drama "Cheer Up" video surpassed 12,880,000.

"Cheer Up" revolves around 20-years-old youths who are in Yeonhee University's cheering squad and depicts their passion, energy, and love triangle.

Drama captures college culture, which has disappeared for two years, romantically.

Hundreds of students gather at outdoor stage of campus, put arms around each other's shoulders, chant along with cheering squad's dance, and shout until to be deafened.

Members of club go on membership training by train; they enjoy lousy drink games siting in a one big circle, and some say they will go buy some food by way of excuse to go on a little walk secretly in two.

"Cheer Up" is coming on strong especially among young viewers. Number of Viewers in their 20s occupied 60%, 30s 14%, and 10s 12%.

The viewership ratings is around 2-3% considering that the drama is targeting young generation who are not used to watching it live, but it is gaining lots of attention on Over-The-Top and YouTube.

Abridged video of first and second episodes uploaded on SBS official YouTube channel recorded 272,000 views and 3-4 episodes summary video 496,000 views. Yeonhee and Hokyung universities' collaborative cheering performance video reached about 130,000 views.

Spotlighting romance and vitality of campus life, "Cheer Up" is evaluated to give sense of vicarious satisfaction to university students who have been wandering around the empty campus.

Class of 19, Shin You Jeong (23) said, " I faced Covid19-free campus life for about a year, but the campus is still solemn compared to the past," adding, "I will be watching dramas like 'Cheer Up' that highlights lively campus life until we completely get over Covid-19."

Park Sung Ho (21) who became a univ. student last year said, "I feel like I have indirectly experienced campus life through campus romance dramas. I get vicarious satisfaction watching the drama."

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065572030560889

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...

Written by Dispatch Reporter Jeong Tae Yoon

796d00ee-097d-4044-920f-17819d0fb995.jpg

<Picture provided = Mindmark Co., Ltd.>

The movie 'Decibel' (director Hwang In Ho) started at number one at the box office on the day of its release. 

According to the Yeongjinwi cinema ticket integrated computer network, 'Decibel' mobilized 68,539 people on the 16th. It was #1 at the box office from the start. 

Marvel's new 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' (director Ryan Coogler, hereinafter referred to as 'Black Panther 2') beat it. 'Black Panther 2' took second place with 63,090 viewers that day.

'Decibel' is a sound terror action movie. It tells the story of a bomb designer who wants to take over the city with a special bomb that explodes the moment the noise increases, and his target is a former vice-captain in the navy. 

It is a box office hit with thrilling action and a solid story. The performances of the actors are also a highlight. Actors Kim Rae Won and Lee Jong Suk's acting confrontation together with Jung Sang Hoon and member of the idol group 'ASTRO' Cha Eun Woo's strong presence were well received.

Meanwhile, the third place at the box office is 'Sympathy'. During the same period, 56,745 people chose the film. 'Pole: 600 meters' is in 4th place. A total of 8,377 people were gathered.

photo1579415.jpg

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2226714

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5