E7V8FtfVoAQLtmO?format=jpg&name=large

aka

/ No Longer Human /

/ Disqualified as A Human /

/ Lost /

JTBC 10th Anniversary Drama Special

starring Jeon Do-Yeon & Ryu Jun-Yeol

|

Drama: Human Disqualification (literal title)
Revised romanization: Ingansilgyeok
Hangul: 인간실격
Director: Hur Jin-Ho
Writer: Kim Ji-Hye
Network: JTBC
Episodes: TBC
Release Date: Second Half, 2021

[source : asianwiki]

|

Plot Synopsis

A story revolving around a 40-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man.

A 40-year-old woman works as a ghost writer. She hasn't achieved anything in her life and she doesn't know where to go with her life. The 27-year-old man is afraid that he might end up as a nobody.

E8eBowfUUAEETj6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

🎞️ Casts 🎞️

Jeon Do-Yeon - Bu-Jung
Ryu Jun-Yeol - Kang-Jae
Park Byung-Eun - Jung-Soo
Kim Hyo-Jin - Kyung-Eun
Park Ji-Young - A-Ran
Yang Dong-Geun - Woo-Nam

Character's relationships chart  

|

🎞️ Trailers 🎞️

[Subbed Ver. From iQiyi]

Teaser (Opening Synopsis)

Spoiler

1st Trailer

Spoiler

Characters Trailer

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

2nd Trailer

Spoiler

3rd Trailer

Spoiler

|

🎞️ Preview Poster 🎞️

Spoiler

ryu-jun-yeol.jpg

jeon-do-yeon.jpg

|

🎞️ Characters Poster 🎞️

Spoiler

E6yk4f4VoAELLLX?format=jpg&name=large

E6yk4f4VgAEfBjR?format=jpg&name=large

E8amNcSVgAIQwUs?format=jpg&name=large

E8amNqHUcAAVOXa?format=jpg&name=large

|

🎞️ BTS 🎞️

Table Read

Spoiler
Spoiler

Complete BTS Playlist

|

🎞️ OST 🎞️

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

JTBC’s New K-Drama “Disqualified As A Human” Shares Character Descriptions

source : otakukart by Muskan J

“Disqualified as a Human” (literal title) is an upcoming South Korean television series. It will be directed by Heo Jin Ho (The last Princess, Dangerous Liaisons, Gift). And the script will be written by Kim Ji Hye (My Love My Bride, Hope, Indian Summer). Both Jin-Ho and Ji-Hye are widely famous in the movie industry. And, now they are making their big debut with “Disqualified as a Human.”

Earlier, in August 2020, it was revealed that Ryu Jul Yeol would star in the upcoming drama. His agency,  C-JeS Entertainment, claimed that the news is true. On the contrary, Jeon Do Yeon’s agency Management SOOP also confirmed her appearance in the show. Both the stars will be seen in leading roles.

Disqualified As A Human - Characters, and Cast
Jeon Do Yeon is making a comeback after five long years. Do-Yeon was last seen in 2016’s hit drama, “The Good Wife.” Fans of the actress are extremely excited to see her in a new project. Do-Yeon will play a 40-year-old ghostwriter, Boo Jung. Although she is good at what she does, she still feels she hasn’t achieved anything. One day she encounters all the failures and looks back on her life. Boo Jung then reflects on her life and falls into a deep pit of darkness.

The role will be challenging as it radiates and will showcase hundreds of emotions. Do-Yeon has definitely picked up a tough role that will make her experience anxiety, depression, and loneliness.

The role will be challenging as it radiates and will showcase hundreds of emotions. Do-Yeon has definitely picked up a tough role that will make her experience anxiety, depression, and loneliness.

Ryu Jun Yeol will play 27-year-old Kang Jae. He offers a service in which the people act according to the customer’s desire. Even though he is a risk seeker, he frequently faces poverty. Kang Jae wants to earn money and achieve a higher status in society. But, he fails almost every time. Moreover, he takes shortcuts to gain money but sadly, he has achieved nothing. Later he meets Boo Jung and becomes a changed man.

Apink’s Son Na Eun, Jo Eun Ji, Kim Hyo Jin, and Park Byung Eun will also be seen in the show. However, their roles are not announced yet.

Director’s Take On The Upcoming Drama

Director Heo Jin Ho is making his grand debut in the K-drama world with Disqualifies as a Human. He is already famous for his work on superhit films like “Forbidden Dream,” “One Fine Spring Day,” and many more. While discussing his new and first K-drama, he also expressed his views on it.

Jin-Ho revealed that when he first came across the script, his mind immediately went to Jeon Do Yeon and Ryu Jun Yeol. He later said, “Melodramas that have to get viewers to relate without particularly stimulating devices is a difficult genre.” Jin-Ho also said that these two actors have an authentic approach on-screen to attract viewers.

In the end, Jin-Ho said that he is very excited to work with these two in his debut drama. And he will try to warmly showcase the sad and bitter stories of Boo Jung and Kang Jae.

PS21071200079.jpg

'Disqualification of human being' Jeon Do-yeon X Ryu Jun-yeol → Yang Dong-geun 'Unfolding Synopsis' teaser released

source : http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=110087 (Google Translated)

'Disqualification' touches the hearts of viewers with real empathy added to the deep emotion.

On the 12th July, 'Disqualified Human' (directed by Heo Jin-ho and Park Hong-soo, written by Kim Ji-hye, produced by C-JeS Entertainment and Drama House Studio) released a teaser video of 'Unfolding the Synopsis', which opens the story of ordinary people who are more special. The synopsis relay reading of other actors in the class, including Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol, Park Byung-eun, Kim Hyo-jin, Park Ji-young, and Yang Dong-geun, raises expectations for the drama to the utmost.

'Disqualification for Humanity' tells the story of ordinary people who do their best towards the light, who suddenly realize that 'nothing has happened' in the middle of the downhill road of life. The story of the heartbreaking wounds and healing of two men and women facing in front of intense darkness is drawn densely: Jeong-jeong (Jeon Do-yeon), a woman who has lost her way, and Kang-jae (Ryu Jun-yeol), a man at the end of his youth who is afraid of being nothing.

Above all, it emerged as the most anticipated work due to the passionate meeting of actors Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol, who believe and see, and the collaboration of the production team of 'Life's Work Maker', which guarantees perfection. The fact that it is the first drama directed by Heo Jin-ho, the master of Korean melodrama, who gave birth to numerous masterpieces such as the movies 'Astronomy', 'Princess Deokhye', 'Spring Day is Gone' and 'Christmas in August', also excites drama fans. Writer Kim Ji-hye of the movies 'Wish', 'My Love, My Bride', and 'Introduction to Architecture' is in charge of writing. It raises expectations for the birth of a well-made drama that melts deep emotions with deep insight into the inner human being.

In the meantime, the teaser video for ‘Unfold the Synopsis’, which was released, overwhelms the atmosphere with only the presence of actors filling the empty space. The simple yet powerful voices of the six actors, who put their sincerity into every sentence and letter of the synopsis, draw attention.

In response to Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol's question, "If people's lives were roughly divided into two, a life of light and a life of darkness, what kind of life would people want to live?" The answers follow. A life that somehow endures, endures, and strives for the present reality. However, 'Disqualification' foreshadows the story of those who stand in the middle of darkness rather than light, starting from the fantasy of "What if I could live a different life from my original self?" Jeon Do-yeon's calm gaze, added to the last phrase, "I would like to tell you the story of the most ordinary daily life in the dark where you cannot easily choose one life," raises curiosity and leaves a deep impression.

Jeon Do-yeon took on the role of Bu-jeong, a scriptwriter who wanted to become a writer. She is a woman who has been walking with her best but has lost the reason for her life as she confronts herself who has failed on the descent of her life. Jeon Do-yeon portrays the big emotional changes that go back and forth between the loss and anxiety of injustice, emptiness and loneliness, living with her trivial pain with her appealing acting. Ryu Jun-yeol takes on the role of 'Kang-jae', a service operator who wants to become rich. He is a man who takes risks to climb higher, but gets lost in front of a steep uphill road without achieving anything. There, he meets a precarious woman, Jeong-jeong (Jeon Do-yeon), and experiences an emotional upheaval. Even pretending to be an adult, he looks like a soft boy, cynical, but in the corner of his heart, he wants to become a person who needs someone. Expectations are also focused on transformation.

Here, Park Byeong-eun as Jung-su, her close and distant husband of infidelity, Kim Hyo-jin as Kyung-eun, her first love who shakes the heart of Jeong-su (Park Byeong-eun), Park Ji-young as ‘Aran’, an actress with many secrets entangled with infidelity, Yang Dong-geun as 'Woo-nam', a pleasant male friend and nurse in the intensive care unit of a nursing hospital It seems like an ordinary life, but the stories of ordinary people, who stand in front of big and small darkness, give a deep resonance beyond sympathy.

The reaction to the “disqualification of human beings” that has been removed from the veil is also hot. When the teaser video for 'Unfolding the Synopsis' was released, viewers through various social media and online communities said, "Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol are already great", "As expected Jeon Do-yeon! You have the power to fall in love with just your eyes and voice", "I've been waiting for a long time for Ryu Jun-yeol's drama comeback", "I'm so looking forward to the acting of Jeon Do-yeon and Ryu Jun-yeol", "I'm already curious about the life of Jung-jae and Kang Jae", "To see these actors in one work It still doesn't feel real", "I'm also looking forward to the synergy of director Huh Jin-ho and writer Kim Ji-hye", "There's no reason not to watch this combination!", "I'm so excited that it's finally starting", etc.

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

ryu-jun-yeol.jpg

jeon-do-yeon.jpg

Upcoming JTBC Drama Unveils Poignant Teaser Posters Starring Ryu Jun Yeol And Jeon Do Yeon
Jul 14, 2021
by L. Kim

source soompi

Upcoming JTBC drama “Disqualified as a Human” (literal translation) has unveiled a new teaser poster!

“Disqualified as a Human” is a 10th anniversary special drama about the stories of average people who realize they haven’t become anything throughout their lives and try their best to see the spotlight. Jeon Do Yeon stars as Boo Jung, a ghostwriter in her 40s who feels lost and as if she hasn’t been able to amount to anything. Ryu Jun Yeol stars as Kang Jae, a man who runs a service where employees act out whatever roles clients request. Although he is striving to overcome poverty, he becomes afraid of himself out of the fear that he won’t be able to become anything.

The black-and-white teaser posters are simple yet emotionally powerful. Ryu Jun Yeol and Jeon Do Yeon are tilting their heads back and looking upward. They look subtly similar with their dry expressions and empty eyes, and they exude deep loneliness. In addition, the captions at the top of their posters read, “I want to disappear. I want to live.” The words contain both despair and hope, and this hints that the drama will tell a story about the lives that were lived until now and the lives that will have to be lived in the future.

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

The first time when I heard the title of this drama, reminded me of the novel by Japanese author, Osamu Dazai - No Longer Human (人間失格, Ningen Shikkaku). The literal translation of the title to the English translation, is "Disqualified From Being Human".

I read some of the novel's summary, because I was curious, as this author actually committed suicide in real life. The novel seems pretty dark, so when I saw this available at my bookstore I avoided to buy it. 

Not sure if this drama inspired by the novel? 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Longer_Human

• Insightful 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1st preview (YT link)

Explanation/translation from dramabeans:

The teaser starts with the camera following Jeon Do-yeon as she confesses in voice-over, “Dad, I’ve lived more than 40 years and I haven’t become anything in life.” Cut to Ryu Joon-yeol who we see burying his father and he narrates, “I miss you, Dad. Although we’re all born into the world the same way, I don’t think I’ll ever become somebody.” We see both of them crying alone, and Jeon asks, “What is it that I’m afraid of?” The appearing text screen explains, “A story about ordinary people who ‘haven’t yet become anything.'”

Returning to the two leads, we see Jeon Do-yeon with Ryu Joon-yeol on a rooftop as they share a quiet moment. Ryu asks her in a serious tone, “If we happen to meet again somewhere… do you want to die together?” Cut to the next chance encounter that Ryu Joon-yeol had hypothesized, and they look at each other in surprise.

E6Y0PStVIAEsrX_?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

E6yk4f4VoAELLLX?format=jpg&name=large

excerpt from  soompi: in the new sepia-toned poster, Jeon Do Yeon shows her character in the depths of a slump as the caption reads, “Wife, daughter-in-law, daughter, ghostwriter. Inside these roles, there was no ‘me.'” The poster shows an ordinary and relatable woman who gets caught up in her work and family life and loses sight of her true self. 

E6yk4f4VgAEfBjR?format=jpg&name=large

The caption from the poster: “Lover, friend, guest, acting mourner. I’m not in it” (source)

The series to be released September

Update: character teaser

excerpt from  soompi: the teaser continues the theme of showing Boo Jung’s ordinary but dreary life. She lies down in a dark living room and only sits up when the sunlight starts to fade from the window. She stares at something out of frame, but doesn’t seem to be able to muster the energy to stand up or take action. In voice-over, she says, “A story about ordinary people who realize they haven’t become anything in their lives.”

The production staff of “Lost” said, “Boo Jung is a character who has a wide spectrum of emotions from anxiety to emptiness to loneliness. Jeon Do Yeon showed her range in being able to portray these subtle inner emotions. Boo Jung’s story will strike a chord deep in the heart of viewers.”

*I'm waiting the subs/explanation of Ryu Junyeol role.

• Like 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

A cent about the character trailer (from watching it without subs):

Jeon Doyeon's voice is so shooting and mature. There is a wise atmosphere from her voice, and deep depression. It is interesting, like she is reading a book to me. Seems so melancholy. I still can't believe (in a really good way) Junyeol will be paired with the actress in a series! I will caption this from her Kofic profile : "she’s Jeon Doyeon. Any more explanation do we need?"

This is why the drama becomes huge attraction to me. Moreover the director said himself he personally imagined directly both of them to play the role. Both of them already give me feels of movie experience.

Ryu Junyeol. I adore him since I watched Reply 1988 and follow through his filmography. A Taxi Driver & Little Forest my favorite so far. I believe in his acting. And Idk, is it because me in the blue mood or what, watching his character teaser feels different while also laying down (I see someone said this in twitter too lol). 

Waiting the teaser english subs from JTBC.. I wonder about the show wants to deliver. I think it will be a lot things can be learned through the characters depression and hope.

Btw as a fan of Junyeol:

agree, he just.. Has different aura with long hair. Hahaha:heart:

• Like 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

Script reading translated to english :

So it's telling a story of 40 y.o woman and 27 y.o man, both kind of lost in life and scared of not achieving anything in life. The 2nd ML I'm quite familiar with him too, and he's character depicted as an ordinary man who care to his family but lonely. The script looks realistic, sad, but I guess it will give viewer some warm hope. 

I might give this a try. Hopefully it's not too dark. 

• Like 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea it seems depressing, the tone of trailers, the issue.. But I do feel the emotions. A kind of drama you watch in quiet..

The FL, 40s woman thinks she achieved nothing after all the works, sacrifices.. I can get that why it is so desperate & heartbreaking when she declared that to her father (on the script reading snippets)

The ML, late 20s man thinks he wouldn't achieved nothing.. Ok when other dramas may take more dramatic issue, of course slice of life is something relatable. And here we got some dark holes here. Eager to see how the leads will act this out

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

When I was creating the gif for this drama, I felt so much sadness watching the trailers. I don't think I can watch this because it has more angst than I can handle. I do think it's very interesting and maybe when I'm in a place to handle more angst, I'll take a look. :letalQQ:

• Like 3

the gif is amazing bb @Tofu :wow: feel free to join anytime! 

The trailer seems wanting for us to think that Junyeol's role at first like a call boy while he lost isn't? And Doyeon's role is the user at one point isn't? But Idk, this kind of drama sometimes has a lot of surprise. And gosh the angst.

This looks desperate, gloomy, reminds me of watching My Ahjusshi trailer (which is I love)

• Like 2

G O O D  V I B E S