Twenty-Five Twenty-One 스물다섯 스물하나 [2022]

bai

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode!! Love our high-spirited female lead Na Hee Do! Laughed so much at some of the scenes. 

Gosh, fencing... En-garde!!... I used to dream of doing that sport when I was in school. I memorized the French words associated with it. I even tried to get into a senior high-school that has fencing as the co-curricular activity. But alas, it’s one of the top schools and my results weren’t good enough to be admitted 😆 There goes one of my dreams. I wouldn’t mind taking it up even now if there’s a chance/way to do it. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 hours ago, movingwheel said:

BTW who was the person na hee do chats with??? There is no clear clue that it's Baek Yi Jin's character.

It is anonymous at the moment though they kind of teased us that it could be Yi Jin. 

I am curious about who the baby daddy is too. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

@movingwheelThey panned to his computer in one of the shots, seemingly to suggest it could be him. Though that seems a bit too obvious. Or is it? They intend to make us doubt ourselves here. Hahaha... Not sure how much she has actually let on in the online convos that she's a fencer. But that would have been too much detail about herself perhaps?

@abs-oluteM Baby's daddy? Which baby?

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@abs-oluteM Baby's daddy? Which baby?

As in Hee Do's daughter...at first I thought it was Baek YiJin's kid but the surname of her daughter is Kim. So does it mean they don't end up together? 

Did you watch eps 2 yet @ktcjdrama?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes, finished them last night. Couldn’t stop and can’t wait for ep.3 already. Love the relationship developed between the two leads. I really like how candid HD is with YJ. When she found out he was way older, she tried to switch to jeondaemal but seconds later she decided it’s more comfortable to stick to banmal 😆 

It made me so mad that the ex-employee of YJ’s father was blaming him. I mean, given the situation globally at that time, it was really a difficult time. I get he was devastated but you gain nothing venting out on a lost kid like YJ. Am glad that a friend was around to hold him back and drag him away. 

I wonder too about the father of HD’s daughter. Went to check the cast but none of the character (so far) is with the surname Kim! I hate that we’re made this uneasy about the coupling so early on in the series 😓😅

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

As in Hee Do's daughter...at first I thought it was Baek YiJin's kid but the surname of her daughter is Kim. So does it mean they don't end up together? 

Ah... yes... I was wondering that too... But I'm thinking perhaps it is exactly set up to through us off? Like... did he end up changing his name so the dad's debtors don't find him? Are family name changes even a thing in Korea? I agree with @ktcjdrama- this kind of uncertainty is very nail biting... but I reckon that's the whole point of it. I am really liking the Reply vibe in this.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

t made me so mad that the ex-employee of YJ’s father was blaming him. I mean, given the situation globally at that time, it was really a difficult time. I get he was devastated but you gain nothing venting out on a lost kid like YJ. Am glad that a friend was around to hold him back and drag him away. 

Yes , this was terrible.  Initially I was wondering why the father divorced the mother but I realised it was to ensure that she need not pay for his debts etc. 

These days, TVN subs some of their BTS

• Like 5

On 2/15/2022 at 7:38 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Gosh, fencing... En-garde!!... I used to dream of doing that sport when I was in school. I memorized the French words associated with it. I even tried to get into a senior high-school that has fencing as the co-curricular activity. But alas, it’s one of the top schools and my results weren’t good enough to be admitted 😆 There goes one of my dreams. I wouldn’t mind taking it up even now if there’s a chance/way to do it. 

WOW maam?!!?? Niceeeeeee to knowwwww 🤩🤩🤩

what caught my attention on the pilot ep:
° Heedo is a fencer who started as a prodigy turns into a slump. But the way she views fencing as her love so she is a fangirl for the nation's best fencer atm & dream of being her rival
° 1998 crisis that hits hard Yijin the ex-rich kid

° I also like Heedo & Yoorim dynamic at the start of their fencing universe vs point of view the time where the story focuses
° how Heedo fangirls Yoorim melt my heart
° Heedo & her mom's cold relationship. How her mom views her dream

but so far, what I expect in this drama that could bring me to nostalgic feels as Reply series do, it didn't give me yet. Maybe because of the directing, or simply it's not the focus.

The 1998 crisis time & fencing dreams of two girls here brings me to keep 

HE IS SO FINE HERE CRIES

FLZ6aK-UUAIxD9c?format=jpg&name=large

+ my heart breaking when Yijin promised he wouldn't be happy in the future because all of the pain of people from his father ex company

"the saddest part about this is he will always apologize for something he didn't do, but no one will apologize to him for losing his youth." 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Episodes 1-2

I'm here for this one! I'm a real sucker for nostalgia dramas and I love that this is one I can relate to since the kids are just several years older than me in this era. And it's so fun to see box computers and tamagotchis! I wasn't sure about the first episode. I like both actors, but Hee-do was just so hyper in episode 1 and I hadn't warmed to everything yet, so wasn't sure if she was irritating me with her random crying and laughing or if I'd like her since she's so carefree and determined. But I was charmed by episode 2 which I finished just then. :CharmanderYay:

Like everyone else I'm wonderiing about the baby daddy...AND I'm hoping this is not a sad ending?! :psweatduck: Notalgia dramas make no promisses about happy endings because nostalgia is looking back at happier times often. But if the daughter didn't have a dad, wouldn't she have been curious when she read the diary like "Is this my dadddd???" I guess she could read not realising her dad was like this in the past. But she was like "Is this mum's ex boyfriend?" :thinking:

I agree with everyone that Nam Joo Hyuk has improved a lot in his acting. I was soooo charmed by him in Weightlifting Fairy, probably because his character was cute and he and LSK had real chemistry (since they were actually dating). But I hadn't felt that way about him in the last couple of projects he did. Some of those were misses...but even in things like Start Up and Josie, I thought his acting was good, but there was something missing...maybe because those characters were also not as charming or necessarily likeable in themselves? But whatever spark he had in Weightlifting Fairy, I feel like it's back...it might be because he's playing a college kid again...it seems to match him well! Also this is another sports drama with a spirited/ tomboy female lead...am I just getting Weightlifting Fairy nostalgia? Or maybe it's because they made him wear a nice suit and he looked hot again :laugh:

I laughed in episode 1 when Hee Do tried to draw the manga pages. It was so silly :lol: I also really liked the pace and rhythm of their interactions in episode 2, especially during that bus ride. Haha, when she let him sit because she said she respected senior citizens and he said the best part of not being an athlete is not caring about getting injured and shoved her into the seat, it put a real smile on my face :heart: Also that water spraying scene was so fun. I like these types of scenarios, when characters do something random and spontaneous and live a little. :BulbaOWO: And the way he looked at her in the endddd :heart::heart::heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 2/13/2022 at 1:56 PM, mademoiselle said:

. Anyway, I'm already banking the person she's chatting with on the PC is Nam Joo Hyuk.

I feel like that's so obvious though! But then again I always think about how Dodosolsollalasol turned out to be Jun in Dodosolsollalasol and I'm like, ok, sometimes it's the most obvious answer. I was wondering if it was Yu Rim, but she seems to vent about her Yu Rim situation to this person....but if she doesn't use names, maybe it could still be her? :thinking:

Or don't tell me it's eventually the person she marries who is the father of her child :PsyWhat::lol:

Me as a landlord:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

@bai nam joo hyuk is a fine looking man.... he is aging beautifully.... he is going to be one of those revered actor in futture surely.... his back profile... he is a total package...

@gilaswan yes , there was hint but it will be too obvious i guess....lets see .... one thing to notice here is ...writer got us hooked this way...

@abs-oluteM the biggest question indeed is who has fathered na hee do's baby !!! if its a sad romance , i swear i will not be able to take it.

Last one of KTR was absolute sad... and i cannot go through that again...

@JenL suddenly i have started missing those Yahoo Messanger days...lol..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Star Struck 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

9 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@JenL suddenly i have started missing those Yahoo Messanger days...lol..

I use to spend so much time on MSN messenger. But it didn't get me no mystery boyfriend :laugh:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@abs-oluteM he is not gonna choose , Surely not ! This nostalgia is fine but I want main story to start when they meet again on 25 & 21... Call me Greedy but I burn for Romance ! :D :D

You're right ...at this point it may a bit hard for romance to start if she's still in school. It would be better after she turns 19. Although I don't know if it is scandalous for a school girl to date a college guy. In my country it's no issue but not sure about SK. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

You're right ...at this point it may a bit hard for romance to start if she's still in school. It would be better after she turns 19. Although I don't know if it is scandalous for a school girl to date a college guy. In my country it's no issue but not sure about SK. 

Its very surprising how some countries make it an issue for a college guy dating a minor... 

Come On , If a Person is not matured in 17 , how can she be matured in 18 !!!

In My country too , College boys date school girls... !!! but I think in a lot of countries , 18 is treated as a magic number. once you cross it , everything automatically becomes legal...

Never understood the rationale behind it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Keeping my end bargain with @LaLa and finished ep 2. 

While I really can't promise I will continue this drama, mainly because I never really enjoy drama with sport theme to start with. Which I think this drama will heavily focused on that. 

However I do appreciate the fencing teacher lesson to YR, she cleverly pointed out the reason why she lose to HD and why she can won gold medal before. 

Outside the fencing stuff, I quite enjoyed the banter between HD and YJ, also the additional casts their schoolmate also quite amusing, the pretty boy and class president.

But what trully impressive from this drama is actually NJH's acting. He can emote so well here and bring the character alive. My heart actually breaking for BYJ, how he suffer because of his father's downfall. Their little secret of him need fo be happy when they hang out together is so touching. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif