Why Oh Soo Jae? 왜 오수재인가 [2022]

Why Oh Soo Jae?

0006084476-001-20220511100603961.jpg

A detailed melodrama that tells the story of a woman who makes the wrong choice in life and lives for the wrong kind of success. After she falls in love with a certain young man, she changes the direction of her life and learns to properly love herself. It is a love story that is described as painful yet exciting and cold yet warm. 

Gong Chan, a freshman at Seojoong University’s law school and the owner of a bar. He met Oh Soo Jae in the past when he was falsely accused of a crime. After serving time in jail for a crime he didn’t commit, he is cleared of the charges and reunites with Oh Soo Jae at the law school where she is an adjunct professor.

Native Title: 왜 오수재인가
Also Known As: Wae Osujaeinga?
Screenwriter: Kim Ji Eun
Director: Park Soo Jin
Genres: Romance, Drama, Melodrama
Tags: Older Woman/Younger Man, Student/Teacher Relationship, Bad-tempered Female Lead, Law Student, Professor, Dead Parents, Cold Female Lead, Death Of A Parent, Wrongfully Accused, Eccentric Female Lead 
Episodes: 16
Airs: 2022 
Original Network: SBS

• Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed episode 1. I was able to concentrate and is engaged straight away. Have to say, I quite like Hyun Jin playing a cold and pretty character. She's ruthless in handling her cases but a woman against the whole room of men who feels threatened by her, it is destined that she's bound to meet some challenges.

I'm looking forward to see how she picks herself up after being kicked out of TK law firm/managing director role for a semester. Obviously I'm on the girl power side coz those sleazy male colleagues of hers were just too disgusting to root for. The power struggle she has against the Chairman is also one of the watch point.

• Clapping Hands 1
On 5/31/2022 at 7:41 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

When you have SLS even before drama started 

His character name suggests he's the son to the Chairman who kicked FL out of the firm... she might use him to get what she wants but the loveline won't be successful xD

I'm wondering if it really needs a loveline for this story though... I kinda don't want it to be the main focus.

• Like 2

Episode 2 continues to be engaging. It is also clear now Hwang In Yeop's character was the character Soo Jae previously tried to help but she didn't win the case and he was sentenced to prison for 10 years. I had thought maybe he played the guy's brother but he knew too much details (via flashback) to be a brother. Just when I was wondering how a convictee would be able to study law, the story tells us he was acquitted and clear of all charges. He then change his name to Gong Chan. I just don't know if he went through plastic surgery since the guy playing young Gong Chan could easily be portrayed by Hwang In Yeop himself, not that it made any differences since he could pull off high school roles.

@Tofu @JenL I like the drama so far.

@SilverMoonTea 's Oppa Baek In Hyuk seems to be a good guy too and has bad relationship with his father. So it looks to me he's on Soo Jae's side. Soo Jae and him know each other too, with him calling her Noona.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

Thanks for the recommendation @mademoiselle. Episode 1 was very good! I enjoyed the beautiful and stylish TK Law Office decor and of course the legal tactics! Seo Hyun Jin is fantastic too. I couldn't place her earlier but after googling, realised she was the FL in Dr Romantic!

I was hoping for some equally high and mighty hot shot male lawyer and they meet and fall in love. But alas, looks like she is kicked out to the "boondocks". Is there romance with the young ML - he looks a bit young for her haha.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:02 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

A detailed melodrama that tells the story of a woman who makes the wrong choice in life and lives for the wrong kind of success. After she falls in love with a certain young man, she changes the direction of her life and learns to properly love herself. It is a love story that is described as painful yet exciting and cold yet warm. 

Gong Chan, a freshman at Seojoong University’s law school and the owner of a bar. He met Oh Soo Jae in the past when he was falsely accused of a crime. After serving time in jail for a crime he didn’t commit, he is cleared of the charges and reunites with Oh Soo Jae at the law school where she is an adjunct professor.

The synopsis worries me a bit. I hope it doesn't lose the legal thrills and become too melo.

• Haha 2

@mademoiselleThanks for calling me back here hahahaha.... I'm a shameful thread owner 😂 I watched ep 1 and felt SHJ really nailed this role. I like her but I think this time she's very impressive here, probably I also was swayed with all those Manolo Blahnik of hers 😂 and I like all her clothes, bags, and jewelleries too... 

I already announce I will have SLS and so far still stay with my initial statement. How cute him sleeping with his earphone 😂 And btw why @Tofu's oppa getting younger backwards? I was confused because the actor played as his younger version looks older than him LOLs. 

@ChocolateThe trend now is getting pretty young boy in your arms 😆 I still can't imagine the pairing yet. Well hope they can prove me wrong. 

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ChocolateThe trend now is getting pretty young boy in your arms 😆 I still can't imagine the pairing yet. Well hope they can prove me wrong. 

I wouldn't mind one myself hahahaha. Maybe this will help, or is it too fast for you? Since she didn't pull her hand back, means got chance 😂 But I think there is some ethical conflict here since she is his professor (and there's CCTV in lifts!).

Starry starry night 🎵🎶

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1