Book Lounge

7 hours ago, Teeners said:

Ah, yes, how can I forget The Kiss Quotient. I like how the author's clearly a kdrama fan based on her description of the male protagonist. 😍 I need to read The Bride Test!

I am so excited for you to read it and you have plenty of time before the third book comes out in AUGUST 2021. 

I borrowed an e-copy of The Little Tea Shop in Tokyo so I will be reading that this week. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/51487034-the-little-teashop-in-tokyo

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

@OsmanthusTea 

The best of Agatha Christie will be " And Then There Were None " . The title also was translated into Ten Little Niggers. 

It was kind of poetic and mysterious, with each members who were invited to stay in the island, started to dissapear one by one. 

I read this, when I'm on junior high. It was so memorable. Highly recommended.

jwuwehdndw.jpg 

@Chocolate I also read Harlequin series and Nora Roberts ocassionally for doze of cheesy romance lols.... I particularly like Sheila O' Flanagan, Irish writer. I found this easy to read and the storyline quite nice & dreamy. 

@everyone, and yes for manga, manhwa and comic. Love them, grew up with them. Sadly I seldom read this now. It's not too available readily in where I live. The price kind of hike up here.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

23 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Chocolate I also read Harlequin series and Nora Roberts ocassionally for doze of cheesy romance lols.... I particularly like Sheila O' Flanagan, Irish writer. I found this easy to read and the storyline quite nice & dreamy. 

Not going to lie, I have read a lot of Nora Roberts too. Its a good reliable dose of romance. OMG I have never heard of another person who read Sheila O'Flanagan until you! My favourite book from her is My Favourite Goodbye. I like the quietly meandering storyline too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

OMG I have never heard of another person who read Sheila O'Flanagan until you! My favourite book from her is My Favourite Goodbye. I like the quietly meandering storyline too.

Yeah lol. Not so popular right? By chance I borrowed it in library. I cannot really remember the book title or the story anymore... but I like the Ireland settings... And the main lead quite endearing. The romance a bit slowburn. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

16 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yeah lol. Not so popular right? By chance I borrowed it in library. I cannot really remember the book title or the story anymore... but I like the Ireland settings... And the main lead quite endearing. The romance a bit slowburn. 

Same mode of discovery! I haven't read anything from her in years though. At some point, it didn't appeal to me anymore. But I still picked up the books to read the blurbs just in case. I enjoyed the Irish setting too.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Same mode of discovery! I haven't read anything from her in years though. At some point, it didn't appeal to me anymore. But I still picked up the books to read the blurbs just in case. I enjoyed the Irish setting too.

Same, I think her recent work not that fun. Some got like various couple in one book. Its kind of make me dizzy, cos its keep jumping from one to another. 

I got stack of books, but epic rpg & pokemeow steal my soul lols... addicted :idk:

Have anyone read this yet? Just randomly bought it, cos the cover looked good haha. And sounds like kdrama.

20200827-231954.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I hardly read :lol: I think I prefer watching rather than reading. 

Some of my fav childhood: Enid Blyton's Mallory Towers, St Clare and the Naughtiest Girl. All have similar stories set in boarding school. I love them. I still own Mallory Towers hard copies..and I think back in my country I also have St Clare. I also read a couple of Famous Five and Secret Seven. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@wallflowersforjane :PsyWhat: I didn't know they're making into a tv series! But even if i can access that..i wonder whether I should watch it. It's true for others that I prefer watching the movies adaptation ... (although i love both harry potter's books and the movies)..but I don't know about Mallory Towers. I have been reading that book since I was little so i already have in my mind..my own imagination i suppose of each character and even how mallory towers look like!I watched that snippet and i was already like... the characters didn't look like that in my mind! LOL

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob I feel a little of the opposite. Because it was set in a time and place so different from ours, I wonder if my imagination was correct. For example, I could never quite picture how the natural pool was like, with the waves crashing into it. So to see it in the trailer, I finally had a picture in my head. Or whether I was pronouncing the names of the characters correctly. I always thought Daphne as Daff-ine rather than Daff-nee (only learned that later when I met a person with that name). :eeeee:

By the way, I checked out the e-book versions of the sequel series and the wait time is 6 months long! There are so little copies available for lending!

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 4

For those who like fantasy, paranormal and romance, this is one heck of a series. The books were published over 10 years. I'm so glad to have discovered it only earlier this year and binged-read them all. A fantastic husband and wife writing team.

It has snarky humour and the romance with the Beast Lord (a lion shifter) is sexy as hell.

The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Tasty 1

I have been reading The Mercy Thomson Novel religiously until I was introduced to Webnovels. I was so hooked that I didn’t even finished the #12 book to Mercy Thompson series.  First Book is  Moon Called where you are introduced to a Were Coyote names Mercy.  Mercy’s universe is so interesting because in this series we find out how werewolves are created, we meet vampires, Fairies , witches ect.... The Authors created world where the human can coexist with the supernatural or can they really learn to live with them. Patricia Briggs werewolves lifestyle is different from other Werewolves, same goes for fairies, witches and Vampires. Their lifestyle is so unique that you really can’t stop but enjoy the story she has created.  I recommend this series by PATRICIA BRIGGS. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29551bb24b2ec48c2080

I plan to try to read this book later  in 6 hours wish me luck . 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@UnniSara Good luck! I hope you get to finish the book before going back to webnovels again haha.

I love the Mercy Thompson series too and am up to date to her latest. The books on Underworld and the mysterious walking stick are some of my favourites.

She also has another series with Charles and Anna. Have you tried that?

@Chocolate I am glad to have found someone here who enjoy this series too. I never had the opportunity to start. Bohooo  :( :idk: I was busy trying to watch Flower of Evil. I was so caught up in the moment. I had to go and chat with a friend about it.  So I changed my plan, I will start reading it on my way home. :lol: Maybe will finish the book by tomorrow morning.  I love the Mercy Universe because of all the secrets to the supernatural world was revealed. 
I pity Stefan and wonder will Patricia find him a true love.  I really like Stefan and son want him to find a true love. Am I too cruel?? I feel it would betray the feeling he has already admitted to and make it appear false IMO. What do you think?

We have the same taste in book. Ilona Andrews is another favorite author of mine.  You should try the Hidden Legacy Series by Ilona Andrews 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSara Haha, go read! We can't just keep watching TV and being on the forums and give up other parts of our lives LOL.

So glad we like the same authors! I have read all of Ilona Andrews' books too. She has a new one just out - Emerald Blaze.

Yes totally agree! Stefan needs someone. I think his love for Mercy and their friendship was very touching. But she belongs with Adam. Just as Samuel has moved on, I would be happy for Stefan to have a happy ending too.

19 minutes ago, ssteph said:

Any Yoo Ah In fans here? His book collection

Do you like Yoo Ah In or the type of books he reads? Those books look like it would take too much brain juice hahaha. Will need to take a holiday after that hehehe

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1