Book Lounge

2 hours ago, cherrhys88 said:

Yey! A book thread! I love books and my favorite genre are Legal thrillers/dramas and mysteries. John Grisham is certainly one of my earlier reads. If you like this genre there's also Phillip Margolin (his books has female lawyers as protagonist) and also David Baldacci, I like his earlier works more, Absolute Power was one of his best in my opinion. Though I really hate the movie version of this. 

James Rollins, Tami Hoag and Lisa Gardner are my go to authors, meaning I usually pick up their new releases right away. 

Totally agree with you! I thought David Baldacci's Absolute Power was the best. His subsequent books were meh - I think it has to do with the fact that he seems to be churning out books too fast.

Have not tried the others on your post - will do that once I get out of this romance/paranormal phase LOL!

On 11/17/2020 at 1:04 PM, UnniSara said:

I have my groove back . Just started reading 

Hell’s Bell ( A Lizzie Grace Novel) Book 2 

REVIEW

It  seem although I love this world created by this author,  for the second attempt I can’t quite keep my eyes open. I am falling asleep and I peaked at the spoilers at what to come. Maybe I shouldn’t or maybe I did the right thing.  When I read the first book , I was hooked and waited for more books to come out. But I have tried to read thing but It is still putting me to sleep. 

Shucks, I thought there is a new author to check out since we have to wait for new Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs books. But if you are falling asleep, then perhaps not haha!

On 11/3/2020 at 3:45 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw that Aosawa Murder, if anyone read it, can we discuss? I'm quite confused lols... 

I tried to find this e-book on Amazon and our Singapore Library app but there is none! Seems like an old book.

Instead of reading, I've recently started trying to write mini-reviews for fanfics instead lol. Thought I should use the opportunity to improve my writing skills since I am bad at it. If you are interested, check this out - still work in progress.

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

@Chocolate go to Kinokuniya main store. If you understand the ending let me know haha. Cos I hella confused :laugh: Its a new book. Just published recently. It was showcased in Asian literature place. 

Library yeah, a bit difficult to get new book. Theyre always on long queue list, even if available. And with this corona, I seldom go there anymore. Can the virus live in the book pages? Haha...

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

@SilverMoonTea Apparently any new stuff, leave it aside for 3 days. No more corona after that :lol:

@Chocolate Are you looking for more Urban Fiction series or A stand alone book? 

I can give you a list of them. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@Chocolate A list of books I would Re -Read any day 
Dean Koontz: Frankenstein Series 

Darynda Jones : Charley Davidson  Series

Anne Bishop  :  The Others Series. 
Devon Monk :  Allie Beckstrom Series 

“      “                 House Immortal 

Kim Harrison :  The Hollows 

Kelly Gay :     Charly Madigan  ( In Complete ) but an awesome read. The world created is just so rich 

Laurell K Hamilton : Merry Gentry’s series 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29tgso6c0y8mq97xyw5k

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

3 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Thanks! @UnniSara

I have read the Charley Davidson series. It was hilarious at the beginning. But till the end, it was getting a bit dull and repetitive. And this was quite ridiculous. But still glad to have read it.

Hide contents

God's brother is Satan?????

Will check out the rest. Thanks again.

@Chocolate  Charley Davidson books was repetitive. I stocked  till the end because I wanted to know the OTP’s back story. Both their lives were so complicated .  Smh smh 

by the way if you have Amazon prime, all you have to do is get a sample first to see if you like the book before purchasing. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Due to some reviews I stopped reading In death series by J. D. Robb/ Nora Roberts. My goal before the new Year is to stop reading  webnovel and focus more on my American Books. I have so many books on Kindle Library that’s hasn’t been read and I want to get back to it 

Jeaniene Frost - > The Beautiful Ashes 

Ilona Andrews - > Diamond Fire ??

Patricia Briggs—> 

Margaret Atwood- > The HandMaid’s Tale

Michelle Sahara  Chronicle of Elantra  Series 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Reading this now. 

The-Silent-Patient-early-2019-UK-edition

Psychological thriller, its more of whydunit, the who already pretty clear. The story format is interesting as its from the psychiatrist point of view, and the murderer who kept her silent and ocasionally she only write diary or paint. 

@UnniSara I do read Nora Robert / JD Robb ocassionally haha. But I often forgot them after I read. Tess Geritssen also not too bad. But all these writer I dont think I will invest on buying the book. Will try to go to local library haha... 

@ktcjdrama one thing good abt this covid, I somehow able to read more books nowadays. If I read before sleep, I normally also will sleep better too. I think its a good way to distress. 

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

a-uYqtAAA-4vfWVH4kCZjke4u4cSB05TjrDVN3WD

Centuries ago, the fae dwelt in Underhill—until she locked her doors against them. They left behind their great castles and troves of magical artifacts. They abandoned their prisoners and their pets. Without the fae to mind them, those creatures who remained behind roamed freely through Underhill wreaking havoc. Only the deadliest survived.

Now one of those prisoners has escaped. It can look like anyone, any creature it chooses. But if it bites you, it controls you. It lives for chaos and destruction. It can make you do anything—even kill the person you love the most. Now it is here, in the Tri-Cities. In my territory.

It won't, can't, remain. 

Not if I have anything to say about it

I finally finished  Storme Curse . It was an awesome reading. I really enjoy and misse Mercy Humor. Mercy’s powers are growing a lot and I wonder if her powers keeps growing at the it is, will we lose the Mercy we know now. 
Please root for me to keep reading a good book. It took me 5 days to finish it because I kept putting it down. Lol lol .  
If you enjoy psychological thriller @SilverMoonTea try 

Cody McFadyen ( Smoky Barret Series) this will take you on a roller coaster. I will warn you this I a dark Psychological thriller. 
I have added Silent Patient in my library 

• Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

A I recommend Toby Days series by Seanan McGuire . A really good series about Fairies. This world is so very different to how other authors portray fairies. It is all twisted and dark and everyone will fall for it. 
I would like to give some advice on re reading. It may not affect the same as it did me. When this series first came out, I let re-reading over and over again. I was obsessed and soon enough the direction this series was going was saddening especially since I loved the Protagonist and felt her pain. Somewhat a Spoiler !! 

Spoiler

I wished This character to find happiness and it just seemed that Toby will always be put in pain over everyone else happiness. But she still had a glimmer of hope but not for me. So I stop reading it.  

So Check this out if I haven’t scared you away. This series is just like a Korean Drama or a Chinese drama but American style. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292bb9cb9543543ca1cc

• Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 7:01 AM, Chocolate said:

For those who like fantasy, paranormal and romance, this is one heck of a series. The books were published over 10 years. I'm so glad to have discovered it only earlier this year and binged-read them all. A fantastic husband and wife writing team.

It has snarky humour and the romance with the Beast Lord (a lion shifter) is sexy as hell.

The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews

Hey @Chocolate

Guess What is coming out January 12, 2021 Synopsis 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b7ca6125e0092cb101

Synopsis

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b7ca6125e0092cb101

• Heart Eyes 1

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm interested on this novel, in summary actually what's the story all about? 

WARNING:this story in way is pretty heavy so just a warning (by heavy i mean there's stuff in it like rape and drugs so read at ur own risk)

so basically it's about this boy named Charlie entering his first year of high school, and all the things with it. Charlie doesn't have any friends because his best friend recently got into let's say an accident; but anyways Charlie's best friend from middle school is dead so he tries to make friends but he's not super social or anything. while he's at a school football game he meets these two high school seniors (Sam and Patrick) and they become friends. it's a coming of age story about Charlie and how he becomes more like n adult. There's more stuff but this book is REALLY heavy and i don't really want to write about it that much sorry @SilverMoonTea. if u want the full review please look at google books or something. i'm just not super comfortable writing about it. but if u do read the book i hope u like it! <3

Edited by mirmz
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

Thanks a lot @mirmz then probably I will skip this book hahahaha...Sounds quite dark for me... I like the book title so was curious what's it all about... 

I'm more often read detective / lawyer story. I do sometimes read with more dark themes, but not very often. 

The self improvement book mostly being abandoned 🤣, cos I'm lazy ? Hahaha.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

• 2 weeks later...

This book is extremely funny. The author is an introvert, who tried to be an extrovert. The book make me giggling just few pages into it. The way she described her first attempt to go outside and join gym membership is so funny too. 

images-jpeg.jpg 

So she continue being bolder and hail to project talking to stranger, and the expert suggest her to ask stranger the most dumbest question ever : "Who is the Queen of England?". 

She was so scared of being arrested for being so dumb lols. However when she asked... multiple ppl answer is Victoria... bwahahaha... rofl...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@ChocolateBlood Heir is out. Yay yay 

Blood Heir: Kate Daniel’s world  is out.  Reading now 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29bbwu2bofjkeony4syw

I am already hooked.  Will come back with a review later.  A rather interesting beginning  hmmm

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

51cIrlsdC2L._AC_SY400_.jpg

An old favourite. 🙂 I first read this book back in college. 

One of its maxims I live by: "the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

Description:

Sun Tzu's The Art of War is still one of the world's most influential treatises on strategic thought. Applicable everywhere from the boardroom to the bedroom, from the playing field to the battlefield, its wisdom has never been more highly regarded

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

• 1 month later...

56025039.jpg

British novel by Rosamund Lupton, that I currently reading now. Probably has been couple of months, I still haven't finished it. I just get inspired to pick this up again today, to bring some sparks to Book Lounge thread lols. 

Couple of reason I delayed to finish this:

💫 I lost my bookmark, hence I totally clueless where page I'm at :psweatduck:

💫 The novel itself narrated upon school terrorist attack happened in highschool. Until middle of the book, there is still unclear on who's the suspect is. 

💫 I don't know why, but I prefer to read English in American novel than in British novel. I need to reread British novel couple of times before I understand it better. 

Some good points from this novel :

❄ The heroic action from the headmaster & the depressed vice headmaster is quite commendable. So do with all the students & teachers that being hold hostage. 

❄ It started to get revealed who's the villain are, and he seems to be psychopath. 

Finished reading this. Idk, I think its not that great. But the goodreads rating seems pretty high 🤔

• Insightful 1