Book Lounge

dbH6.gif

ย 

๐“‘๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“น ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ช๐” ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚. ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ธ. ๐“ข๐“ธ, ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ? ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“ผ, ๐“ฏ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ.

ย 

nwhwhe.gif

Start with me. I bought John Grisham The Guardian. It's been couple of weeks. And I just only halfway reading it.ย 

ย 

I like the ideaย of the story. That the main lead is the pro-bono lawyer who help prisoner, whose innocent, but has been serving a long sentence, due to severe injustice in the courtroom.ย 

ย 

Since English not my main language, not all novels I can enjoy. But this have a good flow and easy to understand.ย 

ย 

45880230-SY475.jpg

ย 

I have since bought two other novels by him and on my stack now. When will i finished all this,ย you ask? Someday haha...ย 

• Like 9
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif
ย 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SilverMoonTea

๐“‘๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“น ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ช๐” ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚. ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ธ. ๐“ข๐“ธ, ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ? ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“ผ,

Jane

I am always reading something! But in the past decade, I have been reading more non-fiction for my line of work rather than novels so I am afraid I won't be able to recommend very much books to everyo

bluepebbles

@SilverMoonTeaย thank you for opening this thread! Yay books ! ย  I finished this book days ago. It does wonders of serenity while reading each lines. It doesย not containย that long essays but

@SilverMoonTeaย thank you for opening this thread! Yay books !

ย 

I finished this book days ago. It does wonders of serenity while reading each lines. It doesย not containย that long essays but more on inspirational ,insightful poems . Some verses are derived from his own readings too.

spacer.png

I also had a few readings from John Grisham. But my fave remains to be The Client. It still amazed me when i think about it. ๐Ÿฅฐย 

ย 

• Like 9
  • Star Struck 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

9 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

I also had a few readings from John Grisham. But my fave remains to be The Client. It still amazed me when i think about it. ๐Ÿฅฐย 

ย 

Yes! I agreed. It's still one of my favorite John Grisham books too.

ย 

I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series again, I just finished the first book. ๐Ÿ˜ƒย 

• Like 7
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 5
11 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

I finished this book days ago. It does wonders of serenity while reading each lines. It doesย not containย that long essays but more on inspirational ,insightful poems . Some verses are derived from his own readings too.

ย 

I've bought this book too! But haven't finished reading it yet. He has another bookย Love for Imperfect Thingsย and from the reviews so far, it's a good one.

ย 

@Tofuย Fellow Potterhead! ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

I like this book, The Little Prince.

81G2R0luQJL.jpg

ย 

We are children in adult bodies.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Lifeย 

K-variety:ย 

ย 

ย 

ImageThis was long ago but I reco one book which was adapted to movieย ย and Jdorama (stars the late Haruma Miura):

Never Let Me Go byย ย Kazuo Ishiguro.ย 

If you are into dystopian themes, you might like this one.

Basically I watched the drama because of Moon Chae Won. She watched the movie (which i didnโ€™t). The drama was a beautiful heartache and I delayed reading the novel because of the obvious reason. I think I read the novel one year later. I was more heartbroken after reading the book because I was able to picture the characters from the drama version.ย 

ย 

My fave verse:

Spoiler

ย 

• Like 9
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Oh man, I read so many books. I used to read even more then I do these days (or should I say these years...). I just love reading. Getting on a couch or in bed and just spend time doing absolutely nothing but imagining this world I'm reading about ๐Ÿ™‚ย It's probably why I love fantasy too!
I've even started my own book at some point but I just can't put myself to writing more cus it's so time consuming. Plenty of imagination to come up with more pages, but not enough time to do that, and gaming, and watching KDrama's and work and sleep and spend time with my wife lol. Btw, that was NOT in order of importance (should my wife read this :D)

ย 

Anyway, a book I seriously recommend would be House Of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It's about an explorer who buys a house and discovers that his house is bigger on the inside than on the outside. He and a team setย out to explore why that is while his wife and kids stay behind. The story is told through several notes by the explorer, his friends, some guy who took care of one of the explorers, etc. So the story can be read in numerous ways, through the eyes of different participants and it's an entirely new story every time. Bonechilling though.ย 
If you're interested, I'd recommend getting the hard copy. Not a digital version. The hard copy uses the book itsself as a means to explain the exploration. For instance, when a hallway gets smaller, the number of words on the pages become less and less until there's only a single word left on the page. It's really creepy and very, VERY awesome use of a book!

ย 

Furthermore I loved Discworld (took me a year to read all books (42+ if I remember correctly) and I'm currently reading Wheel Of Time which I also quite enjoy.

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Shocked 1

Woah!! I am a certified Book Worm. Let me show you 1/4 of my book collection....I took this pic years ago...

ย 

E1919-DAD-8979-4010-9-B86-FEDACDA2-C62-B

ย 

ย 

My genre is fantasy and suspense. Fav authors whose works I collected diligently areย David Baldacci, Ken Follett, Daniel Silva also Dan Brown. But I do read Harry Potter (who doesnโ€™t #eyesrolled), Game of Thrones, Hunger Game and also Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.

ย 

Tbh, I am no fan of eBook. I need to touch and feel the paper in my hands and I love smell of books

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Shocked 4
  • Party! 2

I grew up nannied by books!ย ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

My grannies were educators, and being the only grandchild they have that time, they've taught me how to read by 3 to minimize the pestering of too many questions the nannies couldn't answer anymore.ย 

ย 

Up to now, I still feel so fortunate that I did not lack for academic books, paperbacks, those Reader's Digest hardbound condensed books, and magazines while growing up. The grannies and the parents have collected a lot of reading materials, and I can't remember being bored even if I was the only kid in the household.

ย 

Later when I too grew up, I've amassed my own book collections too. My college textbooks and paperbacks occupies an entire wall of my room in my parents' house.ย 

ย 

My favourite genres to read are fantasy, suspense, and romance. I've vivid imagination, so no horror books for me, hahaha!

ย 

The most unforgettable book I've ever read would be "Flowers in the Attic" by VC Andrews, the first of the Dollanganger series. I have all the other books too of the series.ย 

ย 

Flowers in the Attic is the twisted tale of four kids who were hidden away by their heiress mother after her husband, their father, passed away. In order to inherit and keep the inheritance from her father who previously disowned her, their mother has to follow what was in the will...and the codicil.

ย 

ย 200px-Dollanganger01_FlowersInTheAttic.j

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

@OsmanthusTea I am loving your collections. I used to dream of having a house where I have a room, like a library where all books (including comic books) are kept there. My sister's friend fulfilled that dream for me. They built a wall of shelves up to the ceiling, holding all the comic books they collected. It's so so cool.

ย 

I am also not a fan of eBook. Being able to hold the book in my hands are the best. Being able to flip the pages and put a bookmark in and come back to it later on is a sort of pleasure. I haven't read any new books recently, will "comic books" be welcome here? ๐Ÿ˜…

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

@OsmanthusTea, I'm loving how the Game of Thrones books are featured front and center on the top shelf. I'm patiently awaiting The Winds of Winter. Sigh...

ย 

I highly recommend A Gentleman in Moscow. It's about a Russian aristocrat sentenced to house arrest in an opulent hotel. It captures the mundane nature of life but also features the pleasures that come from the unexpected. The premise sounds a bit sad, but it's a surprisingly uplifting book.

spacer.png

ย 

@mademoisellesia, I say yay to comic books.

spacer.pngย  ย  ย spacer.png

ย 

I am going to add a bodice-ripper hereย ๐Ÿ˜‚

A classic - Whitney, My Love by Judith Mcnaught.

It hasย a spunky heroine, a handsome and rich Duke and fantastic dialogue.

ย 

I love the Kindle. You can get hold of your books everywhere and of course, no one can see the cover of the book you are reading *shy shy*

ย 

(Disclaimer: I do read other types of books LOL.)

ย 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

I am always reading something! But in the past decade, I have been reading more non-fiction for my line of work rather than novels so I am afraid I won't be able to recommend very much books to everyone. Any novels I read are mainly romances because I refuse to read anything heavy after all that non-fiction. I have been very happy to see that romances are diversifying its cast of characters. So hit me up if you want some recommendations in that genre.

ย 

My childhood reading was filled with Enid Blyton, the Babysitters' Club and Harry Potter! I still have all my books and I am not giving them up ever.ย I recently caught the BSC Netflix series and it was my childhood come to life. I still buy all major Harry Potter books that come out and I am recently collecting the illustrated editions. They are pricey but the illustrations are too beautiful.

ย 

All my non-fiction I read on paper because it facilitates concentration. But for other reads, I have been reading on my phone because my local library's e-books collection is extensive and you can get or requestย whatever you want. However, I still visit the library regularly because nothing beats the thrill of browsing and having a title or bookcover pique your interest.

ย 

I am also going to take this opportunity to share one of my favourite IG accounts -ย https://www.instagram.com/hotdudesreading/ย  - You are welcome!

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

ย 

ย 

@Chocolate I believe I read all 3 Fifty Shades books on my Kindle. ๐Ÿ˜œ

ย 

12 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

ย I have been very happy to see that romances are diversifying its cast of characters. So hit me up if you want some recommendations in that genre.

Yes! Definitely loving more diversity in romance. These are some of my recent favorites. I'd love to hear your romance recommendations. I used to have a goal of reading all the "great classics," but I've realized life's too short. I should only read what I actually enjoy.

spacer.pngspacer.png

ย 

ย 

I recommend this trilogy - A Court of Thorns of Roses. A great mix of fantasy a la Game of Thrones and fluff/sexual tension.

spacer.png

ย 

ย 

ย 

@Teeners: I read The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory and thought it was ok. I haven't read the rest of the series though. And definitely agreed on the diversity of characters in romantic novels now. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

I alternate between my Kindle, Audible, and physical books. I don't really have a preference. I especially love Audible for when I'm in the car.ย 

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Teeners said:

Yes! Definitely loving more diversity in romance. These are some of my recent favorites. I'd love to hear your romance recommendations. I used to have a goal of reading all the "great classics," but I've realized life's too short. I should only read what I actually enjoy.

ย 

I read The Wedding Date earlier this year, I enjoyed it! I have "If I Never Met You" on my to-read list. Some of my recent faves areย Helen Hoang's The Kiss Quotient and The Bride Test. Since the cast is Asian-American, insert your favourite oppa as the male lead.ย ๐Ÿ˜œย 

ย 

Other recs: Anything by Julia Quinn for historical romance, especially the Bridgerton series (which is coming out on Netflix soon, I can't wait!) or the Smythe-Smith quartet series. For romance with a heavy dose of wanderlust and ensemble characters, I recommend Julie Caplin's Romantic Escapes series. So far, the locations have been Paris, Brooklyn, Copenhagen, Iceland and Croatia! She just came out with Tokyo (going to get to that soon) and upcoming is Switzerland. I really like how atmospheric it is.ย 

• Like 5
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

ย 

ย 

On 8/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, Teeners said:

ย 

I'm loving how the Game of Thrones books are featured front and center on the top shelf. I'm patiently awaiting The Winds of Winter. Sigh...

ย 

ย 

George R.R Martin is a lazy 4rse after his books were adapted to tv series. The last season of that series was bad because the writing went free style (I didn't watch it though) GoT is one of those adaptation where the books are better than series the same with Harry Potter.ย  The books were super fun to read, how he described the world the characters were in and the characters' mind are absolutely marvelous. While the series is practically using s3x as the main selling point.

ย 

On 8/23/2020 at 9:57 AM, MayanEcho said:

ย 

I grew up nannied by books!ย ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

ย 

I started reading comic and manga as preschooler. The moment I reached elementary school, I was reading Hitchcock's Three Investigators and Agatha Christie's Poirot Series (given by Dad who is also a book worm). Maybe because my early introduction of books were far from romance until today I am not into romance book at all. Those Twilight Saga and 50 Shades of Grey never peaked my interest.

ย 

My children are book worm too, their first toy was books.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
22 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I started reading comic and manga as preschooler. The moment I reached elementary school, I was reading Hitchcock's Three Investigators and Agatha Christie's Poirot Series (given by Dad who is also a book worm). Maybe because my early introduction of books were far from romance until today I am not into romance book at all. Those Twilight Saga and 50 Shades of Grey never peaked my interest.

ย 

My children are book worm too, their first toy was books.

ย 

The first novel I really followed and finished was published in the comics portion of a weekly magazine. It was nostalgic when it was adapted later on as a series.ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

I used to read a hardbound, much older than me fairytale book which was at least 3in thick and published by Reader's Digest. If I remember correctly, one of the first few stories in that book was The Two Frog, wherein one frog is from Osaka, the other from Kyoto. There's this another story too where the girl sings: "Wind, wind, gently sway, Blow Curdken's hat fly away. Let him chase o'er fields and wolds. Till my locks of ruddy gold. Now astray and falling down, be combed and plaited to a crown." The last story is that of Sindbad the Sailor.

ย 

There's so much happy reading in that book. I do hope that when I can visit the grans' house, it would still be there to enjoy.

ย 

Oh wow, Amazon actually sells it!ย 

81c2dEgcarL.jpg

ย 

Afterwards, I've read paperbacks of Ian Fleming, Ken Follett, Robert Ludlum, Pearl Buck, Jacqueline Susann, VC Andrews, John Grisham, Sidney Sheldon...I can't remember them all, but they're all kinds of genres except horror. Hehehe.ย 

ย 

My kids now are into Harry Potter. The elder was selected early this year as the class/grade rep when her school was invited to send students to the largest library in the emirate.ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

I'm not picky about the format the books come in; like @Tofuย I bounce between e-book, physical and audio books just depending on what is most convenient at the time.ย 

ย 

I'm currently trying to work my way through Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. Unfortunately, I have a hard time getting through the first couple chapters of any book so it's taking me forever. ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I mostly read romance and mystery books but I have a weakness for true crime also. I find it so fascinating!ย 

ย 

@OsmanthusTeaย I flat out refused to watch Game of Thrones past a certain point. I love the books and I've been waiting YEARS for the next one to come out. It's kind of irritating that GRRM has been making his loyal readers wait for more than a decade for the next book but he suddenly has time to make a tv show out of it.ย ๐Ÿ˜’

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

MDLย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย Currently Watching:ย Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Phikyl said:

ย 

ย 

@OsmanthusTeaย I flat out refused to watch Game of Thrones past a certain point. I love the books and I've been waiting YEARS for the next one to come out. It's kind of irritating that GRRM has been making his loyal readers wait for more than a decade for the next book but he suddenly has time to make a tv show out of it.ย ๐Ÿ˜’

See!!!ย ๐Ÿฅถ

ย 

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/1326933/Winds-of-Winter-update-George-RR-Martin-new-book-release-fire-and-blood/amp

ย 

ย 

This guy has no integrity as an author. If he finishes the book before the series, it will be a bomb but now I am not sure.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Teeners: I read The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory and thought it was ok. I haven't read the rest of the series though. And definitely agreed on the diversity of characters in romantic novels now. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

I did not enjoy The Proposal very much. I didn't feel the chemistry between the leads. I only made it halfway through The Wedding Party, and I gave up on Royal Holiday after a couple of chapters...

ย 

22 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

I read The Wedding Date earlier this year, I enjoyed it! I have "If I Never Met You" on my to-read list. Some of my recent faves areย Helen Hoang's The Kiss Quotient and The Bride Test. Since the cast is Asian-American, insert your favourite oppa as the male lead.ย ๐Ÿ˜œย 

Ah, yes, how can I forget The Kiss Quotient. I like how the author's clearly a kdrama fan based on her description of the male protagonist. ๐Ÿ˜ I need to read The Bride Test!

ย 

21 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

George R.R Martin is a lazy 4rse after his books were adapted to tv series. The last season of that series was bad because the writing went free style (I didn't watch it though) GoT is one of those adaptation where the books are better than series the same with Harry Potter.ย  The books were super fun to read, how he described the world the characters were in and the characters' mind are absolutely marvelous. While the series is practically using s3x as the main selling point.

I can't imagine GRRM has any motivation to continue the story now that the show's revealed all the major secrets. I feel bad for GOT's cast and crew. I feels like Weiss and Benioff really screwed them over with that final season.

ย 

20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

My kids now are into Harry Potter. The elder was selected early this year as the class/grade rep when her school was invited to send students to the largest library in the emirate.ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is too adorable for words. I can't tell you how much this warms my book warm heart. โ™ฅ๏ธ

2 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

See!!!ย ๐Ÿฅถ

ย 

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/1326933/Winds-of-Winter-update-George-RR-Martin-new-book-release-fire-and-blood/amp

ย 

ย 

This guy has no integrity as an author. If he finishes the book before the series, it will be a bomb but now I am not sure.

Ugh. What a rude thing to do to his fans!ย He's not exactly young anymore either. There's supposed to be like 2 books left in the series still and he's over here writing tangent books before even finishing the main ones! He's wasted so much time at this point that I don't think we're ever going to get to read the completed story. ><

ย 

ย 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

MDLย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย Currently Watching:ย Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png