Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

• The Demo Day turns out to be somewhat a little disappointing as it falls short and was predictable that they will be asked to go up against In Jae Company again. The only cliffhanging bit for me was whether they were going to lie about the numbers. I find the scene where Do San deciding not to lie as it would make the 92.4% a fake was meaningful as it has double meaning and in reference to himself. In addition I think there's some meaning towards the above picture where the two look at each other too.

Me too on this. Wished there was more focus on the start-up.

I was also waiting for DS on the accuracy %. Glad that he decided not to lie or this story would really be irrational with him as the male lead. His saving grace.

This episode also gives the most indication that DM likes him. I thought there was a loophole when they showed DM on the beanbag without ink stains. Ahhhhhh but then she hand-kissed DS. :cry:  But I am still solidly of the opinion it will be an open-ending. :popcorn:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 12 cut

But but but... what are they saying LOL? Looks like @@gilaswan 's interpretation though. Is DS reading legal books to see how they can get out of the contract? And DM is getting frustrated that he does not see that there is no way out and the move is good for him?

Separately, I want to smack JP. He is wavering again. He has already declared to DM that he likes her. She calls him when he is sick. And he pretends? Shouldn't he grasp the opportunity? Then he runs out of his room and stands there? Call her lah! The man needs to be taught how to chase a girl.

And thanks @bairama for the banner. Looks fantastic!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 4

Thanks @bairama for the call. Well. I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet. It's why I'm not posting any comments. Lol

So how was it? Are they keep going with the annoying triangle tropes. Actually this drama can be really that perfect for me except the triangle part. It tires me. Jeez. And makes me kind of lazy to continue it asap. So I let it airs several episodes more and binge watch it. That can lessen my frustration if something turned annoying. Lols. Well of course this drama hasnt reached that level yet. I still have a high hopes that the writer is the writer that I know for making a good twist or surprises. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

slider-startup-tr4-res

here I drop the resized banner here maybe (I mean, just an option) for later use on the first page of the thread :)

Fighting our lovely leads!:pandapopcorn:

P. S. Sameeee I feel you @Alice Wonderland but I ended up choosing this drama as my total distraction, Idk somewhat it has that charm for me:pandahehe:

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

5 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So how was it? Are they keep going with the annoying triangle tropes. Actually this drama can be really that perfect for me except the triangle part. It tires me. Jeez. And makes me kind of lazy to continue it asap. So I let it airs several episodes more and binge watch it. That can lessen my frustration if something turned annoying. Lols. Well of course this drama hasnt reached that level yet. I still have a high hopes that the writer is the writer that I know for making a good twist or surprises. 

Hi @Alice Wonderland I think you're the only one here who is solidly pro Dosan and Dalmi LOL. So you will be happy with episode 11 - several sweet moments for your OTP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Awesome 1
31 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I do think that the team should have gone to JP to ask but given that they all don’t want to be have him interfere anymore that they didn’t ask him. Even DalMi was saying that she didn’t want to be indebted to JP . And I do think that because Alex came on board as a mentor for Sandbox , it would also have lowered their guard . Sandbox platform provides the resources & it is up to the newly formed companies to make use of them. Sandbox doesn’t have a say as these organisations need to run on their own. Alex definitely did them dirty by taking advantage of their inexperience & eagerness. 

I think under normal circumstances, Dalmi would definitely go to Ji Pyeong. There are two possibilities why she didn't this time:

1) Awkward with Ji Pyeong about the lie thing

2) Ji Pyeong was sick so she didn't want to bother him

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3
  • Tasty 1
40 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Is DS reading legal books to see how they can get out of the contract?

Not a full translation but Do San is likely to be referring to past cases in the US to get out of their contracts meanwhile Dalmi is trying to persuade him to go.

I'm seriously going to flip tables now. Where's that cooling period?! I hope the next episode gives me a good reason why they can't get away with the cooling period.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Shocked 1
47 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Hi @Alice Wonderland I think you're the only one here who is solidly pro Dosan and Dalmi LOL. So you will be happy with episode 11 - several sweet moments for your OTP.

Ooh. Am I?? The only one here? LOL. Actually I don't really mind if DM end up with anyone in the end. But from ep they meet as adults. I think I feel much 'pro' to dodal couple. I feel this time the writer writes the male lead character more to female view approach. Hmm.. I mean DS characters used to be set as female character. So I have a soft spot on him.  But the thing that I like most from this drama is the journey of the start-up pioneers. How they build their company, plan on it and work to make it a big success goal. And their split romance between two kind bored me. Like how I get bored with ehhm.. cough.. MTF.. hmmm... lols. 

I want to see DM beat her sister in better achievements. Cuz i feel tired seeing her arrogance. Gosh.. too many people annoys me for their arrogance here. And also I dislike DS's friend who chase SH and acted some stupid things in their early days at Sandbox. I feel like I want to slap him to make him sober. Thanks god, dramagod grant my wish! that milk slapped hin right in the face and get him back to his right sense. Lols. Well at least he turns to be a little respectable when he stops acting silly in front of SH in ep 10. There he scored a good point in her eye and she starts seeing hi i a different light. I guess ya.. if i am not wrong. Haha

Even I dislike In Jae, but I want her to be success as well with her work, and she can prove to her step dad and brother that she is capable enough without them. This dad is so terrible and I believe deep down her Hearst she already knows that she did taking the wrong choice. 

To DS, I am glad he took his bravery to free himself from the lies and admit the truth which trap him all this time. He just need to break through from his inferiority feeling. He has taken the steps so I am rooting on his growth. 

And JP, I know he is a good guy. One of Tsundere type that I like actually. Plus KSH is playing it. So even I hate JP for some reasons I have told in my earlier posts. I couldn't really hate him cuz I keep seeing oppa my heart flutters. Lols. 

Sorry if my pov is kind of very odd to some here. My apologies in advanced. Heeee.....:eeeee:

P.S. thanks @Chocolate for spills some spoilers of the otp. I'll update myself with the episodes soon. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 4
13 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ooh. Am I?? The only one here? LOL. Actually I don't really mind if DM end up with anyone in the end. But from ep they meet as adults. I think I feel much 'pro' to dodal couple.

you are not the one! LOL me too ksksksksksk I'm more like enjoying all the dramas in the drama:pandasipsip: its like the probability of worst or best samples that simulated ever, so lets just see how it ends:SquirtleNiceAhah: 

for the banner, thanks @ssteph ❤️ lol petition for Kim Seonho next ad: CORN DOG. Idk why but because the emotional link to the halmeoni and his softie character in this drama + blend of his charming dimples = the corn dog is becoming a very threatful food temptation. I WANT TO HAVE SOME CORN DOGS because of him. Its quite random:psweatduck: lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

G O O D  V I B E S  

Looks like episode 11 got a lot of people talking! I reckon I've also got my fair share to say.

1. I don't think of the matter with Alex as a plot twist - that Samsan Tech signed away their company was an absolute show of naivety and (youthful) arrogance on the part of all 5 of them. Alex had made it very clear that he wanted only Dosan. He even said it point blank in his face that Dosan has proven his ability from COD to the first pitch, but he wasn't sure he wanted the rest of the Samsan team. Dosan simply wasn't listening, and I feel that he hasn't been listening to JP's advice from the start, whether JP was giving unsolicited advice pre-Sandbox or at Sandbox. If JP had not stopped them the previous time from stupidly giving those "investors" their technology, and JP - harsh as he might have seemed - they wouldn't even have lasted long enough to enter Sandbox. At this point, I'm just so annoyed with Dosan and Yongsan.

2. The twins - I'm not so sure if their willingness to ditch Injae Company is a trait desired by Silicon Valley. I think the scene was more there to be juxtaposed against Dosan - he's actually as good as if not better than the twins as an engineer, but he's clearly not succeeded all this while unlike the two because he has no desire to grow. He's hesitant to move forward and what tethers him makes him unable to grow. He cannot see the opportunities ahead of him because he fears challenges. And again, for me, that annoys me! I work with youths professionally and it is really very frustrating when you see potential being limited by such myopia and fears.

3. And so maybe that's another reason why Jipyeong seems more attractive to me - he is go getter like Dalmi. Philosophically he's a much better match for Dalmi on this point alone. Yes, life has dealt him with lots of lemons and no, he does not seem naturally cheerful unlike Dalmi. He's quite the grinch. Yet he does not give up on the chance to make it better, whether for himself, for Halmeoni or for Dalmi. Even for the Samsan Stooges. He wants the underdog to succeed actually. He just needs a better bedside manner about him, which I feel he is developing. The episode with what happened with Yongsan's brother has brought him to another level of self-awareness, just as all his pivotal encounters with Halmeoni. And therefore, I feel that if Dalmi does not end up with Jipyeong, it would seem like a betrayal of his character. He is her soulmate.

4. It does indeed seem like Yongsan is not the revenge dude. Sekali it's Chulsan. :Yikes: It still seems like it's someone related either to Injae Company or Samsan Tech. Could it be Injae herself wanting revenge against her stepdad??

What I'm really looking forward to in Ep 12 - Jipyeong pouring his heart out to Halmeoni. Remember her telling him she wishes she had known him sooner so she could step in for him if people bullied him or crushed his spirit? His spirit is so desperately being crushed now. I'm certain Halmeoni wants to protect him like she has Dalmi. Oh, Jipyeong, uri Jipyeong ah... 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

No one = @Chocolate's open ending is it?

:1000: somehow I'm praying for this since the triangle hits hard :pandaheadstomp: BUT THEY ALL SHOULD HAPPY ON THEIR OWN OK, OUR LEADS INCLUDE FINDING INJAE:pandacop::pandapray:

P. S. @Alice Wonderland seeing the badge I feel I was wrong to choice that bold orange-red sandbox alike color, how its not fit with other medals published, the palette becomes so.. Bhahahaha mianhe everyone :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

@bairama Hahaha ok lah, this triangle not too bad.

I think it'll be happy ending for everyone, including In Jae. Her intention to start her own company is not wrong, so with this, I'm all in favour for her to succeed and prove herself.

Did you design the sand box's badge? I notice it is different to the actual one they used in the drama but still pretty similar and I love the sakura petals.

Thank you for the badge @stroppyse (I hope this time I thank the right person :thinking:)

@Chocolate Since you're a kdrama baby, you should watch Reply 1988 :lenny: (good family/friendship drama but for the fun, don't look up on spoilers) and you can keep us up to date us who you think the hubby is.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you design the sand box's badge? I notice it is different to the actual one they used in the drama but still pretty similar and I love the sakura petals.

You caught me.  

2016 Seo Dalmi in the swing between 2 males because the fate back then on spring under the cherry blossom tree..

Let's just think the sakura petals as cherry blossom tree petals pretty please:pandablind:sorry:MewGiggle::EeveeBye:

LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

37 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

What's the prize? I can be motivated to send my vote if the prize is interesting. Lols

Loser change profile pic to Chu San ahahahaahahah or better yet ...DS's cousin who came up with the crazy video :lol:

Start_Up-Jang_Se-Hyun.jpg

@mademoiselle Okay la...I should just have some faith - Ji Pyeong is my choice

@bairama ...the badge is pretty...

By the way if you love KSH , come by to his thread and post ...Bai is working on something too :heart:

@gilaswan really love what  you said about the soulmate bit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Loser change profile pic to Chu San ahahahaahahah or better yet ...DS's cousin who came up with the crazy video :lol:

I LIKE DIZ IDEA, AND WINNER change profile pic to the OTP, or rewarded simple badge of the OTP even its making others flipping table you can save it (if there is any endgame between leads *giggling):KittyMallet: HOWW????

awww thanks @abs-oluteM

• Haha 7

G O O D  V I B E S