You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

the cute little tilt Xing KeLei did when KeYao told him to stood over next to Mika and tell him to bring Mika back home to do a proper introduction

Gif Cr: As Tagged from Weibo (悦yue-SaltedFish)

This is my favorite bit! Thank you for posting the gif!!!!!!

This made netizens create the tag "XKL cannot hide the BJT in him anymore" - hahahahaha 

32 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am so surprised at how much I liked this. I've tried a couple of other C dramas and I just couldn't get into them but I like everything about this.  I love the leads of course and how the romance is being developed. But I especially love the way the show blends the medical and the police rescue side of things. Really really well done. What also "shocked" me was the fact that the male lead isn't some complete jerk even from the first moment we are introduced to him. It's nice that the leads are good-hearted, sensible competent people.

I haven't been this excited about a C drama since To Love. 

Welcome to join our craziness!

It is so nice to see you here ;-))))

I have been following your blog since the IOTNBO days and have always liked what you write. :heart:

Please join us more often now you are hooked :-))))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @Tofu @Mouse @AwkwarDerp @Xiaopz_pj KeLei is going to take out his frustration against Mika....i hope Mika give him a lil bit of hard times when he try to make up

I guess he is just frustrated, which I can understand. There is a preview bit where he was being interviewed by Xiao Xia. Xiao Xia asked him whether he has thought about not being a swot police, and he said no and ended the interview. I think he already knew about his disease (a benign tumor in his brain) and he was scared about not being a police. His family is very well off, and he does have a choice if he doesn't want to be a police. So I think he is really passionate about what he does, and he is also not used to not being the strongest.

I hope the preview is just trying toy with our emotions (which is often the case). I have faith in XKL and MK to handle this in a mature way. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
33 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am so surprised at how much I liked this. I've tried a couple of other C dramas and I just couldn't get into them but I like everything about this.  I love the leads of course and how the romance is being developed. But I especially love the way the show blends the medical and the police rescue side of things. Really really well done. What also "shocked" me was the fact that the male lead isn't some complete jerk even from the first moment we are introduced to him. It's nice that the leads are good-hearted, sensible competent people.

I haven't been this excited about a C drama since To Love. 

hey welcome!!!

when was the last times we watch a same drama together? RuYi?? lols.....

yes...actually i like how they develop the male character - Xing KeLei...instead of the usual arrogant way that we been seeing lot in the trends....

he is full of himself however there is still times he is unsure of what he suppose to do....especially when it come to Mika.....it felt like 'oooo you're also just a human' hahahaha

10 minutes ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

I guess he is just frustrated, which I can understand. There is a preview bit where he was being interviewed by Xiao Xia. Xiao Xia asked him whether he has thought about not being a swot police, and he said no and ended the interview. I think he already knew about his disease (a benign tumor in his brain) and he was scared about not being a police. His family is very well off, and he does have a choice if he doesn't want to be a police. So I think he is really passionate about what he does, and he is also not used to not being the strongest.

I hope the preview is just trying toy with our emotions (which is often the case). I have faith in XKL and MK to handle this in a mature way. 

true i dont blame him to be honest...i always know how hard it is to take care of some patients especially the aftermath....

the mentality that you have for them must be very strong....i just want Mika to pull his legs a little when he start to realize he was being a brat with her when all she had for him is concern....

sometimes concern can be pretty overwhelming to...when the progress is slow....that it will frustrated the involved patients.....cause he doesnt only need to assure himself that he is alright and on the mend....he also need to assure those besides him that 

"Hey i'm alright....stop treating me with baby glove"

• Haha 3

i like this bts alot....where they were at the hospital after KeLei op, not sure for which wounds / surgery hahaha, he seems to be at quite a number lols

the part where KeLei / Bai is acting like he lost memories and asked who is Mika / Ma SiChun and very directly she said

'I'm your mother' lols ahahhahaa i love how the back production ppl are also laughing at it lols

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

hey welcome!!!

when was the last times we watch a same drama together? RuYi?? lols.....

yes...actually i like how they develop the male character - Xing KeLei...instead of the usual arrogant way that we been seeing lot in the trends....

he is full of himself however there is still times he is unsure of what he suppose to do....especially when it come to Mika.....it felt like 'oooo you're also just a human' hahahaha

Well, isn't that always the case with a successful man who is good at everything... but he doesn't know how to woo a woman properly. But it's very entertaining watching him get jelly, fumbling with his words, scheming so that he "happens to be in the neighbourhood". He is so adorable. The whole landlord thing is killing me. I really like the actor too.  I notice that he was in Rise of the Phoenixes and I'm trying desperately to remember who he was there. He looks familiar. Sandra is great as usual.

Yup it was Ruyi Pavilion. Why isn't @abs-oluteMwatching this?

@Xiaopz_pjThank you for your kind words. I'm finding this show extremely addictive. 

• Haha 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

12 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am but slow like a tortoise! :cry:. You know me well that this  genre is my favorite & I find the OTP so cute. I am only till eps 4 cause I am just struggling to keep up with all the dramas . I dunno why I am watching so many.   Just got off eps 9 of Sisyphus & going into eps 10.  I will binge this show a bit more this week.

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well, isn't that always the case with a successful man who is good at everything... but he doesn't know how to woo a woman properly. But it's very entertaining watching him get jelly, fumbling with his words, scheming so that he "happens to be in the neighbourhood". He is so adorable. The whole landlord thing is killing me. I really like the actor too.  I notice that he was in Rise of the Phoenixes and I'm trying desperately to remember who he was there. He looks familiar. Sandra is great as usual.

@Xiaopz_pjThank you for your kind words. I'm finding this show extremely addictive. 

yes and I know he is good at something else....picking at poor LiNian lols

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am but slow like a tortoise! :cry:. You know me well that this  genre is my favorite & I find the OTP so cute. I am only till eps 4 cause I am just struggling to keep up with all the dramas . I dunno why I am watching so many.   Just got off eps 9 of Sisyphus & going into eps 10.  I will binge this show a bit more this week.

speed up speed up.....put a turbo on pls

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

***ahem*** the kiss BTs 

The BTS is wayyyyy toooooo short... but I guess I am grateful that they even have one. 

I feel that what is coming plot wise is to expose the more human side of Xing KeLei. So far he has been delivering everything we ask for and more, but as you guys said, he is just a human, so he has his vulnerabilities. I remember what is said to Mika about the celebrity patient, something along the line of "underlying all the hard surface, there is always tenderness", which at the time I felt was foreshadowing XKL. I guess I just hope that they would use the later plot to further develop the character rather than simply a tool to get the story going... 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I'm addicted I think. I binge watched 11 episodes yesterday. I have the same problem because when I was down with two bouts of cold, I started watching this and that. Now I'm trapped. 

The OTP are just downright gorgeous. Really. I'm constantly amused that Xing Kelei is a totally different guy when he's around her compared to when he does his macho man act the rest of the time. He's like a teenage boy tripping over his words and bumbling around. Sandra Ma is one of those actresses who can still pull of this kind of role at her age. It's hard to believe that she's 6 years older than Bai Jingting. 

I thoroughly loved the scene where he asked her to be his girlfriend. The awkwardness between them drove the cute factor into the stratosphere. They're both gradually always learning how to communicate and the way the show charts their progress is pretty good. 

I'm done with the earthquake arc obviously and I did appreciate the attention paid to the logistical details. I felt that they did a thorough job covering all the main issues in emergency rescue in a disaster situation. I also thought they did an excellent job involving all the different characters in that particular scenario. Everyone had a part to play including Xiao Xia and it all came together in a believable way.

As a whole the romances are very well done in this show. Except I'm not sure about Lu Feng trying to woo Xiao Xia. I imagine that's to snap Wenbo out of his complacency and idiocy -- a veritable blockhead where women and romance are concerned. 

As a whole I think the subs could be a lot better. It's the little things but it irks me. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

the cute little tilt Xing KeLei did when KeYao told him to stood over next to Mika and tell him to bring Mika back home to do a proper introduction

Same! I love this too. Haha!

18 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am so surprised at how much I liked this.

Honestly, I think that's all of us. We all went into this not knowing what to expect and ended up loving it -- now, we're all a little obsessed. :laugh:

@Xiaopz_pj @NiteWalker - I'm actually glad that we're going to see some of Kelei's vulnerabilities. Up until now, we've seen many insincerities for Mi Ka but very little when it comes to Kelei. He's portrayed as someone who knows what he's doing or is good at seeking out an answer if he didn't. As much as Kelei has grown into his relationship with Mi Ka, it'll be good to see him grow as a person too. 

:smile:

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

Hahaha - now because of this BTS, “BJT (mistakenly) kissed MSC on the nose” is trending No.1 on Weibo. 
Netizens are making fun of BJT... saying that he is a rookie in kiss scenes :laugh:

Hahahahaha! That's too funny. :laugh:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@Xiaopz_pj @NiteWalker - I'm actually glad that we're going to see some of Kelei's vulnerabilities. Up until now, we've seen many insincerities for Mi Ka but very little when it comes to Kelei. He's portrayed as someone who knows what he's doing or is good at seeking out an answer if he didn't. As much as Kelei has grown into his relationship with Mi Ka, it'll be good to see him grow as a person too. 

true...as much as it will hurt Mika....i want to see how understand dawn too...cause in any relationship it doesnt stay bright and shining thru out .....there will always be some rough patches one or two.....

13 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

As a whole the romances are very well done in this show. Except I'm not sure about Lu Feng trying to woo Xiao Xia. I imagine that's to snap Wenbo out of his complacency and idiocy -- a veritable blockhead where women and romance are concerned. 

i felt like knocking his head with something hard.....its obvious that Wenbo like XiaoXia!!!

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The OTP are just downright gorgeous. Really. I'm constantly amused that Xing Kelei is a totally different guy when he's around her compared to when he does his macho man act the rest of the time. He's like a teenage boy tripping over his words and bumbling around. Sandra Ma is one of those actresses who can still pull of this kind of role at her age. It's hard to believe that she's 6 years older than Bai Jingting. 

I thoroughly loved the scene where he asked her to be his girlfriend. The awkwardness between them drove the cute factor into the stratosphere. They're both gradually always learning how to communicate and the way the show charts their progress is pretty good. 

:1000: how I feel. I thought it was so adorable how Kelei is at the top of his game when it comes to his profession and has a reputation for having achieved a lot in such a young age but when it comes to dating, he’s a total rookie. And yes! The confession scene is one of my favourite scenes because of how awkward and yet adorable it was. Both of them do an amazing job of portraying characters who are both new to dating and yet the affection shows through. 

@Tofu I loved that video you posted of how everyone reacted to BJT’s first onscreen kiss because that’s exactly how I reacted!! I thought it was a good kiss because you could still feel the passion and desire from Kelei. 

I am glad we saw more of the history between Dr. Shao and Keyao. I felt so bad for Keyao because all she wanted was for Dr. Shao to tell her he wanted her to stay and yet he chose to let her go. I think he did that thinking it was for her good but it just made her feel unloved. In the prior episodes, most of their scenes were just of the two of them discussing business but in ep 22 we got to see them interact more and I actually appreciated the contrast between them and the other two couples. Both Shao and Keyao display this calmness and maturity and a tacit understanding of each other which is actually really nice. They know each other so well that they can sit quietly and be okay. Like how they’re just making food and eating together or Shao just casually reading a book while Keyao just sips her tea. I love it. 

And the scene where they play truth or dare!! When Xiao asked about Kelei’s first kiss and he chose not to answer and Keyao goes “who would want to kiss that face?” The way Mi Ka responded was “what’s wrong with his face?! It’s handsome!” And her facial expression!!! :lol:

and when Keyao revealed 3 things about Shao, you could see that Shao was pleased that she still knows him so well. 

and when Mi Ka asked Wenbo if he liked Xiao Xia, the camera shows Dr. Shao and Keyao’s expressions then that of Kelei and Mi Ka and it was priceless! They all had this expectant and curious expression. 

My favourite has to be both the hug scene when Mi Ka was sad about Fei Fei and Kelei’s surprise for her. The quiet hug was so perfect. He comforts her without saying anything. 

And his surprise for her was so thoughtful. He wrote hand-written notes of all the things he loved about her. And he let her read them one by one while he just quietly stood there. :pandalove:

I am not surprised Xing Kelei is everyone’s ideal man. 

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

I'm all caught up... just happened to have some spare time because of a sick child and the show somehow manages to get under one's skin. And it's pouring with rain here at the moment. Some areas around the country really need it and some have too much of it.

Aside from more traditional wuxia, a well-written detective drama, this is the sort of C drama that I really dig: excellent characterization and a well-integrated romance in a police drama. I don't usually go for C medical dramas (they put me to sleep) but this one has taken a leaf or two out of the best of J and K medical dramas. (I was reminded of Hospital Playlist more than once) I've watched many C cop shows and often the romance isn't as well integrated into the rest of the plot. The culprit is usually a hackneyed romance ... for a number of reasons: the portrayal of the female lead, the clumsy inclusion of rom com tropes disrupting the tone, the lack of chemistry between the designated OTP. Often one goes away feeling that romance was entirely unnecessary or disruptive.

But this isn't the case here. I suspect that the secret sauce is really in the writing first and foremost. The script is strong and it holds so many moving parts together with aplomb. Plus it's generally well-paced which is not always the case with C dramas. Moreover the docs doing their thing mesh well with the cops doing theirs. Consider me impressed. 

So it's all the more incredible in my view that this show has made the effort to combine, high risk policing, medical and romance. So far so good. They've managed to pull it off with largely likeable characters who are heroic in their own way. I'm always eager to see what the leads get up to whether together or apart... but especially together. I always like shows where the romantic leads work well as a team a la When a Snail Falls in Love. Here it occurs in spades which is nice.

There is something special about Bai Jingting in that even when he's at his most arrogant or sternest, he never comes across as being obnoxious, unreasonable or harsh. Maybe it's his boyish aura. And he is also really convincing as the youngest SWAT squad leader ever. Most of all, his chemistry with Sandra Ma is on point all the way through.

Perhaps it's premature to make this declaration but I feel like this could be one of the my favourite OTPs ever just because the leads really like each other. Sure, there's a fated to love you angle to this but they are both like-minded people who find every little thing about each other delightful. For one she's always smiling/grinning goodnaturedly at his antics and cringey talk. The scene at the convenience store when she asks him what he likes about her is indicative of their dynamic. Without any hesitation he says, "I like everything about you." The hesitancy that they both feel initially isn't based on ego... there's really very little of that from either of them which is what makes them immensely likeable. That's why they are always better off doing their own thing rather than taking other people's "advice" about dating. 

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i felt like knocking his head with something hard.....its obvious that Wenbo like XiaoXia!!!

Get in line, dear!

I don't think it'll do enough damage in right place though.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

For one she's always smiling/grinning goodnaturedly at his antics and cringey talk. The scene at the convenience store when she asks him what he likes about her is indicative of their dynamic. Without any hesitation he says, "I like everything about you." The hesitancy that they both feel initially isn't based on ego... there's really very little of that from either of them which is what makes them immensely likeable. That's why they are always better off doing their own thing rather than taking other people's "advice" about dating. 

i also like how she asked him....its like....im crying....snots flying everywhere during the first meeting....and then the 2nd meeting i was stopping you .... and being a brat to your command...

so she was like.... 'what the hell did you see in me?' ..his way of respond without blinking is definitely telling... just like you say it...

also how he is so excited to drive all the way from the camp just to see her for an hour or two....because he miss her hahaha....like you...i think they are really easily my most favorite OTP of the year for 2021 hahahaha.....cant help it.....they are really filling up my mind even when im working lols....

45 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Get in line, dear!

I don't think it'll do enough damage in right place though.

most probably the head is too dense!!

i wonder what knock is needed to get him to wake up!!! even LuFeng is not doing the dent you know....we know he is jealous of LuFeng and he is not comfortable with LuFeng declaration......but but but....he is not moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! URGH!!! i felt like pouring a bucket of ice water over him might actually help?

• Haha 3

I really like the new BTS from today. It shows that there are quite some improvisation in their scenes. Just like @NiteWalker said, the director is good at letting them play out without stoping them. I feel that many scenes we saw were supposed to be NG (like here, he took her to the wrong side of the car), but they decided to keep it because it is so natural and funny. 

Rough translation

BJT: (in a truly military marching tone) turn right, go in step

MSC: how to go in step? (hahahaha)

BJT: get in the car first

MSC: my seat is on the other side

Director: cut... do you want to put her in the back seat?

BJT: I forgot 

MSC: the getting married part, how to say it to avoid being too cheesy

Director: "just marry me"

MSC: they haven't even kissed on the cheek yet, how can they say something like this?

BJT: it is too serious, and let me change it for you: why don't you cut my life line longer

(So this is the scene outside the hospital when he told her that he only had two hours before they went to eat the raw pig brain :-)))) I think the original line for XKL when MK asked "do you have to go back to the camp to spend the night" is "yes, we need to get married". something along the line... Two of them think it is too cheesy and out of character at that point, and which is why XKL said "yes, you cut my life line short" instead.)

BJT: when you came, I would hide here

MSC: that's good. then it is normal that I didn't see you.

BJT: no, no, it should be like this. "Where are you" "I am here" (hahaha, BJT is such a dork)

MSC: if you pinch me like this, I can pinch you back like this. Oh, your skin is so loose (hahahahahaha, i love their banter and her laugh)

BJT: hahahaha, sorry I laughed (he used a slang here, which sounds the same as the verb prostitution")

Director: what did you prostitute... you need to clarify (hahahaha)

Both MSC and BJT made faces here, and the director said: your expressions are the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 1
4 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:
I feel that many scenes we saw were supposed to be NG (like here, he took her to the wrong side of the car), but they decided to keep it because it is so natural and funny. 

It's one of the charms of the drama. I really like it.

On another note, can I post this scene again? 

048372ff47a8aed22542487f5dafe0cb345ed6d2

34a7324c90fcde8676d825e69128a18abe9a7b48

83e54953eb374b6b481c5ebdddbb059eabed72b5

source

Because of this series, Thursday is the new Friday!

• Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1