Chinese title: 一见倾心 / Yi Jian Qing Xin
English title: Fall in Love

Genre:  Republican, Revolution, Romance

Episodes: 38

Director: Lin Jianlong, Chen Guohua

Broadcasting Network: Youku

Broadcast Period: November 9th, 2021

Synopsis:

It tells the story of a turbulent age and the romance between a young marshal from humble beginnings and the daughter of the richest man in Shanghai.

After living in Japan for the past ten years, Mu Wanqing (Zhang Jingyi) returns to China in the year 1926 to bring her mother's ashes back to their home country. While it may seem like she has succumbed to her father's will, she returns for a different reason to find the truth behind the death of her older brother that also caused her parents to split up.

Having risen to a leadership position due to a mutiny, Tan Xuanlin (Chen Xingxu) is ostracized because of his poor background and he finds himself constantly treading on thin ice. Meanwhile, Xu Guangyao (Lin Yanjun) who has everything going for him as the cherished son of the Yuecheng Commander is very much disgusted by the power dynamics in the military.

Through a stroke of fate, Mu Wanqing, Tan Xuanlin and Xu Guangyao become friends. In order to gain a foothold in the Mu family, Mu Wanqing deliberately approaches Xu Guangyao. Tan Xuanlin who is investigating an old case related to the Mu family cooperates with Mu Wanqing so that they can both get what they want. The three experience many ups and downs together to forge a deep bond. As Tan Xuanlin and Xu Guangyao grow tired of a political climate that puts self-interest above all, they plunge themselves into the persistent torrents of a great revolution. (Sources: Chinesedrama.info, dramawiki)

Cast:

6zySAn8.jpg

Chen Xingxu as Tan Xuanlin

KrCDMzX.jpg
Zhang Jingyi as Mu Wanqing

zDdUs3V.jpg

Evan Lin Yanjun as Xu Guangyao

Maggie Chen as Gu Yue Shuang
Ma Yue as Mu Wan Ting
Dai Ya Qi as Tan Sang Yu
Shao Wei Tong as Tan Si
Huo Zheng Yan as Yan X
Xiu Qing as Xu Bo Jun
Zheng Xiao Ning as Mu Zhi Yuan
Cao Wei Yu as Pei Xun
Kevin Tan as Tan Zi Yao
Ophelia Yang as Cui Lian Feng
Zhang Yong Gang as Chen Shao Wu
Lu Xing Yu as Min Da Cheng
Li Xin Ze as Xu Yuan
Cao Xi Yue as Xu Man
Leon Li as Wu Xiang Ying
Bai Hai Tao as Lao Bo
Terry Guo as Xu Cheng
Wu Jia Ni as Mrs. Tan
Yang Chang Qing as Officer Xu
Yuan Ruo Hang as Pei Shao Jun
Zohn Xu as Support Role
Cai Guang Tai as Su Hong Chen

Trailer

Reserved

OSTs

Reserved

Helpful Links

Weibo l

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Saw rumors that this will air on Aug/31 not sure true or not

I saw that rumor too. I would be excited to watch it but at the same time too, why are there so many dramas I've been wanting to see coming out at once again?! :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Mouse Yes, he's from Crush! He actually filmed this before Crush so this is technically his first drama! 

I'm not sure if it'll be a contract marriage but they will get entangled in some ways -- some of their meetings will be intentional. The BTS are funny. Haha! 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@Tofu this is actually the first time I'm hearing of Youku! I'm starting this one... 

I think they might have an app/website but for international viewers, they use their YouTube page. If you subscribe, you're be subscribing to their membership on their YouTube page. I think their subscription starts around $3 a month (I think the $3 one is what you need to watch the advance episodes too). 

Here are the first two episodes!

The playlist for this drama: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLATwx1z00Hsc33brp_0dQiP7WQNERAnJk

• Thanks 1
Just now, Mouse said:

Thanks so much @Tofu! So there's only 4 episodes out so far? 2 free and then you need a subscription for the other 2?

Yes! They will release an episode everyday until the 18th for non-subscribe members and two episodes everyday until the 17th for subscribers. Then they take a break for and start releasing more episodes on the 22nd. It's actually a pretty strange airing schedule. :laugh:

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, Mouse said:

Thanks so much @Tofu! So there's only 4 episodes out so far? 2 free and then you need a subscription for the other 2?

This drama is also airing through Viki and following the VIP schedule.  Woohoo for me, since I have an account there.  

I started this last night. I wasn't sure what to think after the first ep, but I was firmly on board after 4.  Haha.  I'm intrigued by the story, looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, and mostly, I cannot wait to see the FL's stepmother and half sister get theirs.  They are so annoying! 

• Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei