China Charm Grapevines

16 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@OsmanthusTea farmers??? well, for sure the CCP will have no issue with this kinda theme. Very patriotic and for the common good - producing food or showing how food is produced, better still if they cook it.:lmao2:

These kids will thrive outdoor but better set aside big budget for the water bill. Those mud throwing and smearing will bound to occur all the time....:PsyWhat: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@OsmanthusTea the guy in a blue shirt is so emo and the one in white is like me. lol. I would love to sit and watch a drama with them, we would have so much to say, laugh and critique loudly about, especially the one in white.

[it's hilarious to watch a bunch of guys enjoying this drama in this manner but it has to be this age. I can't imagine my hubs reacting in that manner - he would say, so unrealistic.] are they drama critics?

@Tofu  @NiteWalker @OsmanthusTea @SilverMoonTea

This is from the same director who produced The Killer Is Also Romantic, a quick watch, about 10 mins per episode, 18 altogether. [so, should be a good watch]
Subs I think are auto-translated but ok-lah.

Sypnosis (courtesy of MDL)
Shi Qi is a talented and good-natured artist who, during one of her painting assignments, learns of an affair between the chancellor’s cruel and exploitative daughter, Shen Qin, and the ruler of the realm, King Ning. Shen Qin, however, is engaged to marry the powerful general Xiao Han Sheng. But when Shi Qi accidentally witnesses deadly and nefarious goings-on at the court, she finds herself drawn into trouble. Shen Qin devises a way to enlist a magician to swap her face with that of Shi Qi – so that she and the painter can “switch” identities. As such, Shi Qi ends up “engaged” to Xiao Han Sheng, while Shen Qin takes up the painter’s identity. But the “real” Shi Qi has already crossed paths with Xiao Han Sheng many years ago – even though he has no idea who she truly “is” now. King Ning, meanwhile, is still keen to continue his relationship with the woman he believes to be Shen Qin. As the two women begin to live each others’ lives, though, both King Ning and Xiao Han Sheng begin to suspect that the women they are with have undergone enormous personality changes. Could something be amiss, they ask themselves. Will the truth come out? And will Shi Qi and Shen Qin ever regain their “true” faces?

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 10/9/2022 at 10:49 PM, IpohBanana said:

This is from the same director who produced The Killer Is Also Romantic, a quick watch, about 10 mins per episode, 18 altogether.

Have you watched it? I watched the first three episodes and it's not that bad.

• Like 2
On 10/13/2022 at 2:23 PM, IpohBanana said:

@Tofu finished in one day, thoroughly enjoyed it! Will look out for works from this director, particularly the costume drama ones. The modern one was so-so.

Btw, Light Chaser Rescue with Leo Luo and Janice Wu premieres tomorrow. 

@Tofu  @NiteWalker @OsmanthusTea @SilverMoonTea

i dunno why...im not seeing the chemistry

On 10/20/2022 at 1:50 AM, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker tbh the chemistry btwn the leads from the other show is much, much better. Then again, in that story, they are husband and wife who really fell in love and got married. This one is erh...face swapped. hahaha

Yeah, everyone is just swapping faces with each other whenever they want. LOL!

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

@OsmanthusTea Responding to your message here. Haha! Are you watching Chen Xingxu's dramas?! I heard My Boss has bad subs so I haven't started that. The subbed episodes are also coming out slower than I'd like for it too. I started watching a bit of Our Interpreter, but probably not enough to comment on it yet. 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea Responding to your message here. Haha! Are you watching Chen Xingxu's dramas?! I heard My Boss has bad subs so I haven't started that. The subbed episodes are also coming out slower than I'd like for it too. I started watching a bit of Our Interpreter, but probably not enough to comment on it yet. 

I love CXX but the 2 airing dramas of him got 2 FLs that I'm not fond of....So it takes a great plot for me to watch it hence I'm asking you.....:PsyWhat:

• Haha 1

@OsmanthusTea I thought you were asking so you can tell which one is the better one. Hahaha!! I love the way he's styled in both and he looks so handsome. I'm not the biggest fan of both FLs, but I like the FL in My Boss more. The clip that I watched in Our Interpreter, they had someone dubbed the FL when she speaks in English. It threw me off for a bit. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea I thought you were asking so you can tell which one is the better one. Hahaha!! I love the way he's styled in both and he looks so handsome. I'm not the biggest fan of both FLs, but I like the FL in My Boss more. The clip that I watched in Our Interpreter, they had someone dubbed the FL when she speaks in English. It threw me off for a bit. :laugh:

Those snippets with his super handsome self keep tantalizing me....But I can't stand both FLs....Still for the sake of CXX as an eye candy I'm willing to make some sacrifice IF the plot is great....:PsyWhat:

• Haha 1

@OsmanthusTea Should we pick one and watch it together? Haha! The things we do for the celebrities we like. :laugh:

I binged The Last Immortal because I like Lusi and Anyu. It wasn't bad, but I had moments when I was frustrated with all the characters. I also tried Got a Crush on You with Xu Kai Cheng and Gulnezer Bextiyar. It was way too sweet for me -- almost like I was drinking honey water all the time. Hahaha!

@Tofu

I like Lusi, she has a decent natural acting skill BUT I don't think she suits "big" roles. The one with Yang Yang and TLI made her looked like a little kid cosplaying/Halloween-ing as an adult character. I have to say my fav character of her is LLTG.

I don't like Nazha character in GACOY, XKC is hot though :PsyWhat: Nazha is gorg but I've never finished his dramas...:HaunterOK:

Which one will you choose between Song Qian and Zhang Ruo Nan?? :Ghastlel:

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@rocher22

Me and @Tofu are fan of CXX but not so sure about the FL though. Do you watch another drama of him with Song Qian, The Interpreter? Which one is better? No need to convince us regarding CXX :PsyWhat: Me and @Tofu are salivating over his styling in both dramas....:wow:

I'm not sure which drama have better response too.

Im on ep 9. It is my first time watching this actor. He deserves a better role than this. 

But he is also good as the Boss.  The FL is a typical FL in Chinese romcom drama.

She is cute and a little annoying in the first few episodes.  

I watched the first episode of The Interpreter. The ML looks even more attractive in that drama. :wow2:

But I dont like the ex-lovers plot and I dont see the chemistry between him and the FL.

the grocery shopping scene was so hilarious...:lmao2:

• Like 1

Oh, is this where we can talk anything general about C-dramas etc?

I really like CXX as well. I first saw him in a remake of The Legend of the Condor Heroes as Yang Kang. (He had some baby fat then. LOL.) After that, I've seen just about the rest of his dramas. I think he does great in roles with a bit of an edge like in Condor Heroes and Goodbye My Princess. He was good in Truth too. I like his voice so I'm thrilled whenever it's not dubbed.

I started watching him in My Boss. It's basically a typical cookie-cutter rom com. Nothing new or special, but enjoyable as a light and funny watch. I actually like ZRN so I chose this drama over the other. I thought she was good in A Date With the Future.

- - - - - - - -

Does anyone happen to know anything about the status of The Prisoner of Beauty? I read rumors that there could be a possibility for it to air but also it could be shelved.

Another disappointment is Blossoms Shanghai with Hu Ge. It doesn't seem it will be available outside of China nor with English subs.

• Like 2

@OsmanthusTea I think it's confirmed. Since @rocher22 and @peperomia both chose My Boss, we should too. Hahahaha! Maybe someone will make a FMV of Our Interpreter later and we can just watch that. :laugh:

18 minutes ago, peperomia said:

Does anyone happen to know anything about the status of The Prisoner of Beauty? I read rumors that there could be a possibility for it to air but also it could be shelved.

I think the rumor is that if they are going to air it, it'll be done with little to no promotion and air before a sentence is decided for the Song Zu'er. @OsmanthusTea follows the gossip more so maybe she can clarify for us. Hahaha! 

22 minutes ago, peperomia said:

Another disappointment is Blossoms Shanghai with Hu Ge. It doesn't seem it will be available outside of China nor with English subs.

I heard it was not a bad drama. Is it really out with no subs? I'm not following the drama so I didn't look into it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1