@Tofu No, but they are extra bonuses (brownie points) if Oppa has nice fingernails and hands/arms.

22 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I see posts of all these actors completing their military service which is such a great achievement.

Yeah great achievement, especially after watching DP, they made it out in one piece. Though I'd say I've noticed recently the older actors completing their service lost the suppleness in their skin. 😥 Did the military not allowed them to moisturise their face and make them work too hard under the sun? But they were definitely well-fed because all come out face very round.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, Chocolate said:

Is AHS supposed to be the lucky guy?

Is this couple your new prediction? 😆

🧂🧂🧂

What do you think of Hidden Love couple? I wanted to ship Lei Lei and Lusi before, but now I'm 😍 with her and Chen Zhe Yuan pairing although ultimately, I'm also an Oppa-only fan.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, Chocolate said:

After reading so many opinions, sometimes I cannot resist and must ask because I cannot understand how a rational (that word again) person can think that way 😅 Actually she did provide a lot of stuff for the thread which was much appreciated. But definitely, she took a lot of flak after the announcement because every BJ fan remembered her.

Spoiler

Was she rational? From her response at the near end... I thought she was overly confident about how much she knew HB. How can one be so sure? Does she personally know him? Is she a fan since day 1 he's been in the business? Even so, I am skeptical and doubtful one can know what their bias is like or what he thinks/feel/will do. Plus, people change and react differently when they are with different types of people and at different age and life stages. Also, she was emphasizing on how much he loves Kyu. Proof? Or just based it on the photo he picked? — That's classic shipper's style speculation. Apologies in advance for being blunt/honest about this.

Sigh, look at me, inasmuch as I wanna ship HL couple, I'm too skeptical so I don't think I can be a devoted and delulu shipper. 😅

Where's @JenL I feel like she'd be very interested in this discussion too. Hahaha!

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Is this couple your new prediction? 😆

🧂🧂🧂

Haha, I don't know. I just saw some tweets about deleted IG posts by both AHS and KSJ which showed they were travelling together lol. Either they are trying to hide or they don't want to create untrue rumours 😅

What do you think of Hidden Love couple? I wanted to ship Lei Lei and Lusi before, but now I'm 😍 with her and Chen Zhe Yuan pairing although ultimately, I'm also an Oppa-only fan.

I don't know about CZY, but I think for Wu Lei, he may have had some good feelings for Lusi. Not that he would do anything because he's so young and this is just the start of his career. But if you looked at the BTS for LLTG, NFY and AASOL, he looks at Lusi differently, and he is entertained by her. With Zhou Yutong, it is very very friendly and they seem to have a lot of fun working together. With Zhao Jinmai, don't hate me, but I think this girl is boring and he treats her as just a normal colleague.

But from Lusi's perspective, I think she had more fun working with CZY then Wu Lei 😭😂.

That said, I didn't watch all the BTS so 🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂😂.

Hide contents

Was she rational? From her response at the near end... I thought she was overly confident about how much she knew HB. How can one be so sure? Does she personally know him? Is she a fan since day 1 he's been in the business? Even so, I am skeptical and doubtful one can know what their bias is like or what he thinks/feel/will do. Plus, people change and react differently when they are with different types of people and at different age and life stages. Also, she was emphasizing on how much he loves Kyu. Proof? Or just based it on the photo he picked? — That's classic shipper's style speculation. Apologies in advance for being blunt/honest about this.

Sigh, look at me, inasmuch as I wanna ship HL couple, I'm too skeptical so I don't think I can be a devoted and delulu shipper. 😅

Where's @JenL I feel like she'd be very interested in this discussion too. Hahaha!

From majority of her posts, she seems rational. I was a new fan at that time and even I was 90+% sure BJ was real. I leave that 10% for, like you said, you can never know fully.

She has been following HB for so many years and is very familiar with how he behaves. His behaviour changed with SYJ, it was very obvious. How can someone who followed him for so long not notice eventually? So I think, at the start, she contributed to the BJ thread as per usual, because with every drama, there are always shippers right? Then the longer it went on and there was more and more material, she began to realise that this could finally be the one for HB. And she couldn't take it. Because we all now know that she is one of those fans whose fave must be single. She didn't want HB with anyone, including SHK.

She was jealous. So what did she do? She jumped ship to Binkyo. Like she says, she is not shipping on either side, that's not how she is. She is just contributing on HB. So if she was neutral, why was it necessary to change? Because she was no longer happy in BJ thread knowing her oppa was likely no longer single. So she went to Binkyo thread knowing that was improbable.

Whatever she said to me in DM was either her trying to convince herself or trying to convince me. She thought I was fan used to shipping and overexcited about celebrities etc, not knowing I AM A RATIONAL PERSON! 🤣

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 3
31 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I don't know about CZY, but I think for Wu Lei, he may have had some good feelings for Lusi. Not that he would do anything because he's so young and this is just the start of his career. But if you looked at the BTS for LLTG, NFY and AASOL, he looks at Lusi differently, and he is entertained by her. With Zhou Yutong, it is very very friendly and they seem to have a lot of fun working together. With Zhao Jinmai, don't hate me, but I think this girl is boring and he treats her as just a normal colleague.

But from Lusi's perspective, I think she had more fun working with CZY then Wu Lei 😭😂.

Lusi is easy-going and friendly with a lot of her male co-stars so it'll be difficult to tell. There was one BTS of HL she said she likes guys more 强勢 than her. Also, I think she's the type of girl that men would easily develop good impression/feelings. Coz as a girl, I also like her from what I see in BTS. I also love how much she loves food and tends to feed her co-stars. Haha! There is a Hidden Love special released by YouKu - have you seen this one? There are some really nice BTS in there that's not in the weekly released BTS. Some interactions are so fluttering. Hehe.

Lei Lei interactions with Lusi looks the most comfortable, not that I've watched his BTS with a lot of other female co-stars. But he's definitely not like that when the female leads are older than him (Reba or FM from NFY), whereas he and Lusi are like super close friends (if there's definitely nothing more).

Yang Yang also behaves differently with Reba and Lusi. With Reba, he seems to be very gentleman but with Lusi, they would compete, tease and joke around (from BTS of Who Rules the World).

47 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

From majority of her posts, she seems rational. I was a new fan at that time and even I was 90+% sure BJ was real. I leave that 10% for, like you said, you can never know fully.

She has been following HB for so many years and is very familiar with how he behaves. His behaviour changed with SYJ, it was very obvious. How can someone who followed him for so long not notice eventually? So I think, at the start, she contributed to the BJ thread as per usual, because with every drama, there are always shippers right? Then the longer it went on and there was more and more material, she began to realise that this could finally be the one for HB. And she couldn't take it. Because we all now know that she is one of those fans whose fave must be single. She didn't want HB with anyone, including SHK.

She was jealous. So what did she do? She jumped ship to Binkyo. Like she says, she is not shipping on either side, that's not how she is. She is just contributing on HB. So if she was neutral, why was it necessary to change? Because she was no longer happy in BJ thread knowing her oppa was likely no longer single. So she went to Binkyo thread knowing that was improbable.

Whatever she said to me in DM was either her trying to convince herself or trying to convince me. She thought I was fan used to shipping and overexcited about celebrities etc, not knowing I AM A RATIONAL PERSON! 🤣

Spoiler

What I don't get is why she spends so much time in shipper threads when she's an oppa-only fan. I know they don't like shippers taking things out of context, but (from my perspective) it really is quite exhausting being in that environment when everyone believes things you don't. Why doesn't she just share it in his actor's thread? The shippers lurk in actor/actress threads for interview translations anyway and takes it back to the shipper threads. The only other reason I can think of is that she enjoys the attention she gets from being knowledgeable of her oppa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

There is a Hidden Love special released by YouKu - have you seen this one? There are some really nice BTS in there that's not in the weekly released BTS. Some interactions are so fluttering. Hehe.

You're trying to get me to feel fluttery about them too!

14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hide contents

What I don't get is why she spends so much time in shipper threads when she's an oppa-only fan. I know they don't like shippers taking things out of context, but (from my perspective) it really is quite exhausting being in that environment when everyone believes things you don't. Why doesn't she just share it in his actor's thread? The shippers lurk in actor/actress threads for interview translations anyway and takes it back to the shipper threads. The only other reason I can think of is that she enjoys the attention she gets from being knowledgeable of her oppa.

Because no one reads the HB thread 😂 (except lurk). Probably she doesn't mind all the shipping discussions as long as they are not true.

I didn't read the details but apparently there were rumours of HB-Ha Ji Won during Secret Garden time, and some SHK fans think he cheated on her. But HJW was invited to the wedding, so BJ fans threw that back and said this is proof they were just friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

You're trying to get me to feel fluttery about them too!

Will you? Coz you will only feel fluttery if you are convinced of their pairing on-screen. 🤭

Oh, that's right. There were Secret Garden shippers too, but I didn't fall for him in that drama or like the pairing so didn't pay that much attention plus nothing happened and he went to the army. In memory, he's only ever admitted dating SHK and Kang Sora. Kang Sora's was quite random. BTW, I don't recall ever come across Ha Ji Won had any dating news.

• Like 2

@SilverMoonTea 2:24 mins in, he's already got 1 disapproval. He put the pillows on the floor!!! And then put it back onto the bed. :shocked2: This make no sense. But he does have OCD and likes to be neat. He should come and scrub house LOLLL. I hate cleaning. I think I just need to tell him off about the pillows.

Hahahahaha I also was thinking to call him to my house so I can be free up this weekend :laugh: 

I felt KY's house nicer and he also have LP player that I always want... it just look more comfy in general.

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Ok so I've been a little behind in dramas since I moved houses...BUT I JUST WATCHED THE ENDING FOR HEARTBEAT AND WTF WAS THAT?! Did you end up finishing it @SilverMoonTea?! 

I think I'm cursed to like doomed pairings :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

I can't even begin to talk about it at the moment. I think I need to make an entire podcast outlining all my issues with this drama, although I liked the main pair a lot. My poor vampire Taecyeon aand my poor In Hae. :cry: I can't tell which ending I hated more out of DDSSLLS or this one. This one definitely made more sense, but the pacing was awful. DDSSLLS was wacked at the end, but at least it had a mildly happy ending? Kdrama is meant to relieve me of stress not cause it :psweatduck:

• Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLI stopped at 14, and saw a lot of twitter user complaining haha.. I lost interest since that amusement park date. Even all his friends start to feel not fun anymore. The writer seems confused about the genre and can't make up their mind. Btw I'm more curious about who take the gold bar ? 😆

I think nowadays it's hard to find K drama that good from start to the end. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2023 at 10:39 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

think nowadays it's hard to find K drama that good from start to the end. 

You are right . They always start out super promising. 

Kim Seon Ho was in KL …but I’m traveling. Sad . But then again, I have lost that energy to go for fan meets and all 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Sorry in all my house moving times and rage about the Heartbeats ending, I realised that I've forgotten to get back to a whole bunch of messages! Time to get typing...

On 8/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL This thread does get spied on by lurkers. I hope people don't make judgement based on a few pages of our conversations, and respect our views even though they disagree.

What's your last internet fight experience? I remember you had one before - was it Lee Jae Wook's stan? Agree it's energy consuming and not worth wasting energy on confrontation. May be a different story if they pick a fight with you in your territory e.g., blog or your bird posts.

Hahaha I feel like there might be some passer bys who will make some judgements on us, but they don't know us :heiboi: To be honest, we're generally pretty fair and not too delusional. I think even when we fangirl and get excited about our favourites, or are not fans of someone, we're not extremists so I think we're ok. :yayaya:

As for internet fights, I don't think I've had too many, though I like to state my opinion and sometimes that can be taken the wrong way by someone because I substantiate my points very strongly when I make them :idk: I'm ok if the other person doesn't agree with me. But I'm not ok if the other person starts to make things personal/ gets abusive about me or the things/ people I like just because we have different points of view :niu: 

Hahaha, I did have one with LJW's stan...but then we made up and became Twitter friends :laugh::laugh::laugh: I think she just misunderstood something I said but later on appreciated the effort I went through to translate a bunch of LJW's interviews etc. So we're ok now :yayaya:

Jo Byung Kyu - the accuser resides in NZ and refused to come to Korea for police investigation so it's hard to verify. I reckon the accuser doesn't really have solid hard-copy evidence to prove he was bullied. I can't imagine JBK physically bullying someone or threatened someone coz he is tiny.

Wow didn't realise that person lived in NZ and not Korea. I wonder if it was more a personal thing like they just didn't get along and that other person just wanted to get revenge that way. My friend was saying someone she knew was hosting 2 Japanese students at their house and the 2 boys had a fight because one was quiet and sennsitive and the other was very talkative and sometimes silly. So they just offended each other because they were not each other's cup of tea. It could have been something like that :idk:

The Uncanny Counter 2 - Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks the villains reminds us of Batman! Only KKY reminds me of Batman's villain though, not really the other two. But it's kinda cool he is able to replicate the essence of Batman's villain (Christopher Nolan's style not the older Batman villains). But there is always a problem with Batman's villains. The villains always become the scene stealer because they are so unique vs the good guys. So I do think this time round, the Counters are being overshadowed by the villains.

Hahaha I thought all 3 of the villains from Uncanny Counter looked like Batman villains.:pandaevil:

Kang Ki Young= Looks kinda like The Penguin/ Joaquin Pheonix's Joker

Kim Hyun Wook = Looks like Jared Leto's Joker

Kim Hieora = Reminds me of Harley Quin (No specific version...just unhinged and crazy villainess vibes)

I feel like the villains are scene stealers in their own rights...but I think the Counters are equally fun and kooky characters especially when they're together. Their cast chemistry and counter chemistry is super silly and warm. As for the villains, I like that they're strong and apply a lot of pressure to the main characters, which allows for fast and exciting pacing. :wow2:

Taecyeon - Wait, he looks like a normal human being from all the stills I've seen. What vampire look? Are you a fan of Twilight and Interview with the Vampire back in the days?

Taecyeon's vampire look was the period era suits and hair style - similar to the latest version AMC's Interview with a vampire . I love that era of style where guys looked so put together. I don't like Taecyeon's normal hairstyle as much as when he has it styled up...he looks so good when it's styled up :heart:

I didn't mind the original Interview with a vampire or the book version, but I love the new TV series. Lestat is played by an Australian actor, Sam Reid, who is so charming. One of my non Asian Oppas :laugh:

Hahaha I had a hate-love relationship with Twilight. I couldn't stop reading the books (which I guess means it was exciting to me at the time) and I enjoyed the premise of the story about meeting some vampirres in a boring small town, but I found Bella incredibly terrible as a heroine. She seemed to look down on everyone around her except the pretty vampires, but everyone seemed to like her even though she was so judgy. She had not personality and no faults - her only traits seemed to revolve around loiving Edward. Also the storytelling was incredibly badly wriitten and fanfic like. I couldn't believe these anicient vampires were afraid of her. And there was no battle scenes - she'd just conveniently faint or something when a battle took place. Thinking about that book still makes me mad  :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

Jasper & Alice - LOL, I was looking for English news at first but couldn't find it. Why is that? What about you, @SilverMoonTea. It's your ex-Oppa, would you check this out?

I have to admit  haven't actively looked (Just been so busy with woork lately). But I hope to soon! I saw that Jasper posted photos with Alice and the cast so it's definitely been a thing. It warms my heart that my favourites are working together though :heart:

Hwang Min Hyun - Does @SilverMoonTea has a type? She's the most random person I've ever known,

On 8/6/2023 at 11:42 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I like how the fellow Haven here seems to know me better even than my own self :smug: But yes bingo, so my type.

Hahaha Tea does have a type that she likes, though not everyone she likes is part of the type...But if there's a guy of this type, she will definitely fall for him at least for 5 mins :laugh: I feel like the type is like effeminate and refined (if you understand Chinese : the 斯文 type)

On 8/6/2023 at 11:42 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh yes you described well with everything went wrong with that amusement park date, including the child actor. I was thinking he's so awkward but I just brushed it off and give him some slack because of his young age 😅 And yes too bad Taecyeon was a bit overboard indeed there haha.... Should I retract the adoption? 😆 I'm also back with my old DP Cheng Yi haha... 

I'm sad that the amusement park date put you off my vampire...it was not the best directing/ editing/ acting on that episode, but still a good pair overall. But I guess it saved you the horrror of watching this drama ending!!! :letalQQ:

On 8/7/2023 at 7:02 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I think I like pretty and lean oppa, those with small & tall nose bridge, pretty fingers and fair skin 🤔 With those manga hairstyle is more preferable.  This is like writing a requirement for job application, how to become silvermoon oppa 😅

Not to fret much, if can't make the cut as above, with great acting chop everything is possible.

But yeah actually idk why @JenL think HMH will be the one 😂 please explain. 

Hahaha I thought HMH was your type because he's very slender, pale, tall, piano-fingered and refined looking :laugh:

On 8/7/2023 at 7:15 PM, mademoiselle said:

I can't put a fixed requirement for Oppa but in general, 98% of mine is flower boy type which I'm sure everybody knows that already (good looks appeal more mah) and I do have some in the mix that has looks that are of acquired taste e.g., Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin. I find on-screen charm is important factor too.

I don't know if I have a type either! I know iin real life, there's been some guys that looked like Yoon Park :laugh:

But my Oppa tastes vary - Jasper, Lee Jae Wook, Lee JeHoon, Taecyeon, Greg Hsu are all verrry dfferent. I feel like I like guys that can be equal parts cool and charming, but also very funny and silly. I think that's my type :BulbaOWO:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

On 8/7/2023 at 8:45 PM, Chocolate said:

I like these fights 🤣 People get so crazy, everyone thinks they are right and it's just mayhem. I'm also curious how some people think and how they arrive at their conclusion.

There was a long-time HB fan who provided a lot of translations, information etc on the BinJin thread. Suddenly one day, she stopped and went to post on the BinKyo thread instead! So I tried to engage her. Here is our "conversation" lol. After BinJin was confirmed, she dropped HB. Changed everything and went to support some other celebrity. So we all know now that she was one of those crazy ones who only liked HB when he is single. And the reason she switched to BK was because she could see that BJ was likely real and couldn't take it.

I don't like fan fights - I think it sometimes gets to the point of online harrassment/ bullying which is not ok. But it is funny sometimes when people make claims without having any evidence or pretending they know the celebrity or something wilde like that :idk:

As for that HB fan, I think it would have been ok if she's just a HB fan without shippiing, but kinda weird that she went from one ship thread to another? :idk:

On 8/7/2023 at 8:45 PM, Chocolate said:

I thought there was only 1 requirement: MALE.

Hahahaha I actually laughed out loud when I read this :laugh:

On 8/7/2023 at 9:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha! Are you saying this because you are mostly sitting on the sidelines watching the fights? Because when one is entangled into it or singled out by these crazy people/trolls, it's no where near fun.

This user, I know the DP but I don't remember it is linked to this username though. I am shocked you wrote to her and asked her so directly! But it's actually normal for someone like her to spend time in the shipper threads. I've seen it for PSH's and LMH's shipper threads. Their intentions, to what they believed, were to provide unbiased information to the shippers because they don't want the delulu shippers twisting the interviews' translations in the favour of their ship(s). In her defense, shippers do tend to zoom in on certain words and start hallucinating 😅 up there's breadcrumb. In her case, she must be gutted that BJ is real and she was so so so wrong, hey? You must be like, "Ha!" This is a huge OUCH on her part, as a veteran fan. This conversation affirms my belief i.e., to never assume you know your Oppa 101% = keep adopting Oppa, no need to stick to one and put all the eggs in one basket.:lmao2:

Mmm you make good points. I've totally had people zoom in on the things I've said before even though I aways applying huge caveats to my points of view. I like to analyse things and look at them from both side or talk about possibilities but also remind people to think about this with a grain of salt. Although I don't think it's wise to be delulu, I understand the fun of really liking a pairing and I still like to celebrate my favourite pairings when I'm really into them, so I also do not support 'anti' culture. 

Yeah and I agree, you never know any of your favourite celebrities in real life so best to never act like you do so you're not in for a bad surprise if any rumour proves true :heiboi:

On 8/7/2023 at 9:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

This is the second kiss? @JenL @SilverMoonTea

A bit late, but yes, that was 2nd kiss. Now I'm just left being sad about this drama...

I need new dramas. What's on at the moment @mademoiselle and @abs-oluteM? What would you recommend? Haha, are you going to try to sell me something @SilverMoonTea?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha Tea does have a type that she likes, though not everyone she likes is part of the type...But if there's a guy of this type, she will definitely fall for him at least for 5 mins :laugh: I feel like the type is like effeminate and refined (if you understand Chinese : the 斯文 type)

Hahaha I thought HMH was your type because he's very slender, pale, tall, piano-fingered and refined looking :laugh:

I don't know if I have a type either! I know iin real life, there's been some guys that looked like Yoon Park :laugh:

But my Oppa tastes vary - Jasper, Lee Jae Wook, Lee JeHoon, Taecyeon, Greg Hsu are all verrry dfferent. I feel like I like guys that can be equal parts cool and charming, but also very funny and silly. I think that's my type :BulbaOWO:

:pandatakeit: Take my money, this described me so well. The 5 mins guy I fell is Cheng Yi, I didn't watch any of his drama yet before and straight adopting him after seeing him on Chopard event.  

I think your oppas all have a goofy side on them...

Drama to watch with silvermoontea (whether she will finish it or not is a mistery) :

- Behind Your Touch , this is hella funny and very comical. The setting is a bit like Hometown Cha Cha / Once Upon A Small Town. The FL is vet and the ML is detective. I just keep laughing with this drama, so I really have a lot of fun. 

- Not Others like @abs-oluteM said also not bad. 

- My Lovely Liar, so u won't watch HMH heh, as he trying to steal FL on ur Alchemy drama 😅😆 I think the main attraction the lead chemie is quite good. 

- Longing For You, crime thriller. This one a bit serious, but I quite like it as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I thought all 3 of the villains from Uncanny Counter looked like Batman villains.:pandaevil:

Kang Ki Young= Looks kinda like The Penguin/ Joaquin Pheonix's Joker

Kim Hyun Wook = Looks like Jared Leto's Joker

Kim Hieora = Reminds me of Harley Quin (No specific version...just unhinged and crazy villainess vibes)

I feel like the villains are scene stealers in their own rights...but I think the Counters are equally fun and kooky characters especially when they're together. Their cast chemistry and counter chemistry is super silly and warm. As for the villains, I like that they're strong and apply a lot of pressure to the main characters, which allows for fast and exciting pacing.

I only like Kang Ki Young. He reminded me of Two Face. I hadn't watched Jared Leto's Joker. It's been in my NF list forever but hadn't had the mood to watch a film like this. The other two for me are more psychotic villains which I'm not very fond of. I like psycho which is calm, composed and intelligent but creepily intimidating ... like Hello Monster type and don't just kill because they like the thrills.

Regretfully I am not enjoying The Uncanny Counter 2 as much as of late. The plot development is becoming illogical for me. I don't know if you feel the same. I expressed my disappointment in the thread so I won't repeat it here.

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I had a hate-love relationship with Twilight. I couldn't stop reading the books (which I guess means it was exciting to me at the time) and I enjoyed the premise of the story about meeting some vampirres in a boring small town, but I found Bella incredibly terrible as a heroine. She seemed to look down on everyone around her except the pretty vampires, but everyone seemed to like her even though she was so judgy. She had not personality and no faults - her only traits seemed to revolve around loiving Edward. Also the storytelling was incredibly badly wriitten and fanfic like. I couldn't believe these anicient vampires were afraid of her. And there was no battle scenes - she'd just conveniently faint or something when a battle took place. Thinking about that book still makes me mad 

Hahaha, I watched the first movie then read the books. Definitely liked the books a lot more (at the time). Bella is meh, agree but what I do love about this whole Twilight thing is the vampires have different superpowers - which is different to all the other vampire stories I have known back then so I found that part really intriguing.

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I didn't mind the original Interview with a vampire or the book version, but I love the new TV series. Lestat is played by an Australian actor, Sam Reid, who is so charming. One of my non Asian Oppas.

Oh I didn't know you watched the series. I didn't like what I saw from the preview trailer so decided it never existed. Haha!

10 hours ago, JenL said:

But my Oppa tastes vary - Jasper, Lee Jae Wook, Lee JeHoon, Taecyeon, Greg Hsu are all verrry dfferent. I feel like I like guys that can be equal parts cool and charming, but also very funny and silly. I think that's my type

Yes your Oppa types do vary. Jasper and Lee Je Hoon are the cute type. Greg, I'm not sure what type he is to me. Cute type too I think. And, LOL, have your image of him differed a little after watching Marry My Dead Body. I cannot stop laughing at the pole dancing scene. Great sacrifice there even though that might not be him... is it him? Jae Wook, I like his looks the best in Alchemy 2 and when he cameo for Rowoon's House on Wheels. He seems like a gentle, sweet homey guy and very unlike his initial first few roles as a villain/bad boy.

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like the type is like effeminate and refined (if you understand Chinese : the 斯文 type)

Bahahahaha, I'll be on the mission to observe @SilverMoonTea's adoption to double check whether she mostly appeal to this type but it's true that Hwang Min Hyun's character set up is this type right now. But not, Kwon Yul... is it??

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I need new dramas. What's on at the moment @mademoiselle and @abs-oluteM? What would you recommend? Haha, are you going to try to sell me something @SilverMoonTea?

There are many dramas but none that is speaking out to me and promising. With a few disappointments I experienced lately, I'm a bit burnt and reluctant to sell. Other than Hidden Love and Moving, I don't have any recommendation I can vouch for. Moving is still airing, so it can still falter later, but for now I love the kiddos.

There is this one upcoming:

• Haha 2
On 8/22/2023 at 8:00 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

- Behind Your Touch , this is hella funny and very comical. The setting is a bit like Hometown Cha Cha / Once Upon A Small Town. The FL is vet and the ML is detective. I just keep laughing with this drama, so I really have a lot of fun. 

I caught the first 2 episodes. It was quite amusing but  I don't know if I am fully invested yet. The characters of both leads are quirky and the story telling has this strange sort of humor. I will try to catch up with eps 3 and 4 later on. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)