@Tofu I didn't tear up but I was enjoying how well Rowoon is doing those emotional scenes. Yes, I'm glad he got to see his father one last time. I think if I were him, I'd have bawled my eyes out.

Hee Woo's parents are hilarious. I loved how his dad is all, "Who are you? What have we done wrong this time?" :lmao2: And then the mum spitting out "Why?" when he told them he's working hard and scoring high in his studies :lmao2: To be honest, having his parents alive is a bigger liability for who he's up against. But I also think with this second time, he seems to be making friends (saving them so they owed him) that may also be great help of him later rather than fighting alone in the original timeline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Tofu Hee Woo should tell his dad he was abducted by alien! :lmao2:

Bwahahaha, I just mentioned YY's drama at Dabang. I'm... struggling with it. I did not care about YBY's ambition 😅 I lost my concentration at E3 I think when they were attacked by the drug addict's group. And I moved away to watch Discovery of the Witch S3 first.

I'm just gonna watch something else before I've free time to go back to China Special Forces again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hello friends! It's been so long! How is everyone doing? I've bee pretty busy in real life lately so haven't had time to watch dramas or be here as much :letalQQ: But the Easter/ Anzac Day holiday is coming up so I'm excited to have time off!!! :CharmanderYay:

I still haven't seen the last 4 episodes of Business Proposal and I need to start Tomorrow and then so many interesting dramas are coming out. Finally Chae Jong Hyeop is back to bless us with his beautiful smile :heart:

Oppa Adoption #1 for 2022

@mademoiselle knows this, but the rest may not - I adopted Kim Min Gyu. He's so pretty and his character was so cute in Business Proposal. But like, he's only eye candy so far so it's a pretty weak adoption :idk:

How many Oppas are you up to @SilverMoonTea? I'll have to go back and see...:MonkaTang:

Random question:

@Tofu I recently heard from a friend that her American team did not get Easter as a public holiday. Is this true??? :lettalKWA:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLI'm also dying already haha...body not used to go to work... After work I only can stay to watch 1 or 2 episodes, not more than that 😅 I think age also catching up with me haha.... 

Current cutest oppa is Kim Jae Wook with his Crazy Love drama. P.s He's a good kisser ! 

Other drama that I like now is My Liberation Notes. The drama have a slower pace, it might be your cup of tea too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hee Woo should tell his dad he was abducted by alien!

Considering this was their family photo, at some point, they probably thought he was an alien. Hahahaha!

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I recently heard from a friend that her American team did not get Easter as a public holiday. Is this true???

Yes and no. Easter falls on a Sunday and most people are already off on this day. Most companies have floating holidays which is another day off during the year that they would have taken off if Easter didn't land on a Sunday. For example, for my workplace, Christmas Eve is not considered a holiday, but because Easter falls on a Sunday, our floating holiday is Christmas Eve. Sometimes companies may have the Monday after Easter off instead. 

Those that must work on Easter Sunday, companies may opt to pay them a holiday rate (time and a half).

Companies with CEO or management who celebrate Easter, may opt to have more time off (like those from private colleges, they usually have Good Friday off too). 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

@Tofu Easter is always on a Sunday, so doesn't that mean you guys never have a holiday? And there's nothing like e.g. if a festive day falls on a weekend, you get another day off in the US?

Christmas eve isn't a day off here too but some companies will close down on this day, allowing employees to do their last minute shopping or preparing for Christmas. My current one make us come to work half a day (clean up the office) and the rest of the day is Christmas party - we don't get paid if we do not go.

23 hours ago, Tofu said:

Considering this was their family photo, at some point, they probably thought he was an alien. Hahahaha!

At least he's smiling but gosh, the hair... I need him to comb it back up!

On 4/13/2022 at 8:40 PM, JenL said:

Oppa Adoption #1 for 2022

@mademoiselle knows this, but the rest may not - I adopted Kim Min Gyu. He's so pretty and his character was so cute in Business Proposal. But like, he's only eye candy so far so it's a pretty weak adoption

Haha. I've adopted him too. I figured ... why not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 4/14/2022 at 7:17 AM, mademoiselle said:

My current one make us come to work half a day (clean up the office) and the rest of the day is Christmas party - we don't get paid if we do not go.

You don't get pay if you don't attend the Christmas party?! That seems a little harsh. We used to have holiday lunch, but during COVID we stopped a lot of the company gatherings. 

On 4/14/2022 at 7:17 AM, mademoiselle said:

Easter is always on a Sunday, so doesn't that mean you guys never have a holiday? And there's nothing like e.g. if a festive day falls on a weekend, you get another day off in the US?

Other companies will have either the Friday before Easter or Monday after Easter off because it falls on a Sunday -- not for my company though. Since it lands on a Sunday and it's not widely celebrated, it's not considered a recognized holiday for our company. We do have some employees who work on this day (some of our services are 24/7) and they get time and half. 

Agreed with Kim Min Kyu! He's so adorable!

c7f87fe996eea6e8a6500a4e40e32e754f1bdb9e

Credit

@SilverMoonTea, have you not adopted him? He looks nice in glasses too.

f0bff82019a43c5cd612aaecf9205f50499c458c

Credit

• Haha 5

@Tofu Yup. They were even taking attendance to see who didn't attend the party. I think for us, Easter Friday and Monday are set public holidays so most companies will recognise it. Others like retail and restaurants will pay 1.5x to staff for working on these days. Some restaurants now even have a 10-15% surcharge on public holidays applied to customers - it says it's to cover the penalty rates staff have to work on public holidays. I am put off by this surcharge, especially because there is not set limit what the businesses should be charging. It's a public holiday, the businesses can choose to take a break too and if they don't want to, why do customers need to be hit by this surcharge?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle Interesting, we don't have that around here. The surcharges are usually if you have a big group. They will charge you about 15-18% of your bill for that. I think other states have different regulations for this though. Wow! They take attendance?! I will not survive at your workplace. I do not like having to small talk with people I don't want to create friendships with. Hahahaha!

@SilverMoonTea Which one is he? They both look young. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The one on the right...

The story like Mr Mrs Smith in wuxia costume haha... 

Is this the drama you asked me about? Haha! I've only see him in one drama (No Boundary -- I disliked this drama, not because of him though). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Tofu Ahahahaha I can't believe you're using YSJ as your DP!

Yeah, luckily this is just once a year. I stayed there for few hours and left. Even have to buy some bread to feed my hungry stomach. :HaunterOK: I suppose we should still be thankful because I've been in worse company whereby it went from half a day + free meal to nothing but a disgusting muffin (with jelly on it). 😅 Honestly, I'm more than happy they don't do anything and just let us leave early on Christmas eve, hahahaha. That's how anti-social I am. 😝

@SilverMoonTea New oppa already? How are we ever going to catch up to you? Hahaha!

• Haha 5

@mademoiselle YSJ is so cute, how could I not? :wow: Plus, this is the part where his hands weren't so awkward. :laugh: Now, we wait for his drama news. :yoongibtspls:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Even have to buy some bread to feed my hungry stomach.

They don't feed you at the Christmas party?! Is there a lot of people that attends? 

@SilverMoonTea Cheng Yi? You must miss watching him go through pain. :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 4/13/2022 at 2:56 PM, mademoiselle said:

Bwahahaha, I just mentioned YY's drama at Dabang. I'm... struggling with it. I did not care about YBY's ambition 😅 I lost my concentration at E3 I think when they were attacked by the drug addict's group.

it's hard for me as commoner to understand ambitious military mind like 'why why why???'

This drama in nutshell there are scenes that I very like, also really dislike rant about in on the thread 😅 the story progression kind of predictable

I may say this everywhere but their E15 is kinda Counter Strike live action alike and it's cool I like it a loooooot

On 4/13/2022 at 7:16 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Kim Jae Wook with his Crazy Love drama. P.s He's a good kisser

HE ISSS!!! Ryan Golddddd 💋💢💢

I watched the kiss scenes in Crazy Love lololol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

18 hours ago, Tofu said:

They don't feed you at the Christmas party?! Is there a lot of people that attends? 

They feed us finger foods. It doesn't come out quick enough and we get very hungry. There were many attend since we want to be paid 😅

2 hours ago, bai said:

it's hard for me as commoner to understand ambitious military mind like 'why why why???'

This drama in nutshell there are scenes that I very like, also really dislike rant about in on the thread 😅 the story progression kind of predictable

I may say this everywhere but their E15 is kinda Counter Strike live action alike and it's cool I like it a loooooot

I'm up to E14 and like you, I don't understand his ambition or why he MUST join that special unit. Is he trying to prove something to his father? He's supposedly only 20, must he be in such a rush is what I don't get. Nonetheless I shed a bit of tears for him when he left out of the test due to his PTSD.  All in all, he's still too cocky and self-centred for my liking.

I prefer mature, handsome and smart Yu Tu over Yan Po Yue. Hahahaha. Still going to be a one hit (to the heart) wonder so far.

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

But like madem said I kept thinking how nice if it's the zombie couple instead lols

I would have been happier too if they extended the episodes of that short CF he did as a blind. This show just didn't quite hit the hearts with their storyline.

• Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle I know!!! I complained about it to my friend, who read the novel. She said that for the first half, he'll have his long hair but his hair will be in a bun the entire second half -- in which she said is majority of the novel. That means we can only see Yang Yang with long locks for a while. :letalQQ:

Not all buns are bad, because I've seen some really great ones, but his does not match him. Whoever the hair stylist is for The Long Ballad should do all the hair styling for costume dramas going forward. All of the actors in that drama matched their hair styles (the long ones, the ones in a bun, the half down/half up ones, etc.). 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1