18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@bai You have a thing with Oppa holding an umbrella in the 🌧, huh? Didn't you and Tea also swoon at RJY for a scene like this?

I saw some cuts of the live stream. It was also funny that he didn't want to stop the broadcast to update his app thinking if he logged out of the live broadcast he would lose all the fans 🤣

IDK? THAT scene skin complexion is so beautiful to watch. To think about, also RJY umbrella scene in Lost also is memorable for me he is so beautiful there :eeeee:

again him & weird Hot Search.. 😅 The trio of GoSF is super chaotic when collides together 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

36 minutes ago, bai said:

The trio of GoSF is super chaotic when collides together

Hahaha I like that they had fun. Jiang Long who plays Xiao Tian was in The King's Avatar so I was delighted to see him reunited with Yang Yang for China Special Forces. Although his role didn't have much breakthrough or different because he was just as talkative in this one as The King's Avatar.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

Park Hae Jin, an eye candy (not yet oppa), is back in dramaland. :heart:

PHJ was my long time oppa love but I really did not enjoy his last two dramas , and I relegated him. :laugh:...but maybe I will check out his new show since it seems fun. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

@abs-oluteM I love his new drama so far. It comes from the same script writer as Mystic Pop-up Bar. I even convinced stroppyse to watch it. And for @SilverMoonTea, I knew she was watching Mystic Pop-up Bar so I just kept talking about PHJ's drama to her until she watched it. :lmao2:

@mademoiselle Did you like Mystic Pop-up Bar? Do you want to watch From Now On, Showtime? It's a  nice contrast to all the somber dramas during the weekend. :lenny:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Which day of the week is Shooting Stars and Showtime aired? I've seven dramas at the moment on air.

What dramas are you watching?! 😱😱

Actually, I shouldn't say much. I'm watching quite a bit too. I am watching six dramas. 😅

Sh**ting Stars is a Friday/Saturday drama and From Now On, Showtime is a Saturday/Sunday drama. I was more engaged with Showtime than I was with Stars. Showtime is fun and a nice contrast to Tomorrow (for me). I loved many things about this drama. It's nice to see Park Hae Jin in something good (Forest had all the potential to be good but it fell flat). Stars is about the entertainment industry. It's a light drama -- a bit of an enemies to lover type of romance (maybe not exactly because they were perhaps lovers turned enemies and will be lovers again...haha!).

If you only have time for one, go with Showtime since @SilverMoonTea liked it but dropped Stars. However, @abs-oluteM is watching Stars and not Showtime....:thinking:

Just go with whichever one has the oppa you like. :lmao2:

Is King of Pigs worth it for me to watch my anchor-nim? I recently skipped through some episodes of Find Me In Your Memory because I saw their cameo in the Stars trailer. Haha! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Tofu Oh my lord. Why are all these dramas concentrated on the weekends??? What are they airing for weekdays (luckily weekdays can be filled with watching C-dramas at the moment since they don't release new ones over the weekends).

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Sh**ting Stars is a Friday/Saturday drama and From Now On, Showtime is a Saturday/Sunday drama. I was more engaged with Showtime than I was with Stars. Showtime is fun and a nice contrast to Tomorrow (for me). I loved many things about this drama. It's nice to see Park Hae Jin in something good (Forest had all the potential to be good but it fell flat). Stars is about the entertainment industry. It's a light drama -- a bit of an enemies to lover type of romance (maybe not exactly because they were perhaps lovers turned enemies and will be lovers again...haha!).

I feel I should wait it out a bit more because both you and @SilverMoonTea have history of dropping them like a fly and it's so early to tell they will remain good. I was going to check out Stars but haven't got the motivation/time to do it yet since no Oppa in there and don't entirely like LSK's acting in all her previous dramas. But I like good looking ML so that actor (from EY) fits the bill. HAHA. As for Showtime, I used to like PHJ but he's not Oppa and like you all know, he's got many miss dramas so I wasn't as keen.

I'm actually behind on kdramas. Haven't watch Our Blues x 2 episodes coz I was catching up on The King of Pigs and keeping up with YY's dramas.

I will soon have 9 dramas because Pachinko is finishing this week, I believe, and Monstrous is starting on 29/4. I'm watching:

1. Love All Play
  2. Tomorrow
  3. My Liberation Notes
  4. Our Blues
  5. Again My Life
  6. Who Rules the World
  7. China Special Forces
  8. Pachinko
  9. Monstrous

So, which one would you like me to drop @Tofu for Showtime? Again My Life? Love All Play? :laugh::lmao2:

@SilverMoonTea What dramas are you watching? Did you keep on with My Liberation Notes?

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Is King of Pigs worth it for me to watch my anchor-nim? I recently skipped through some episodes of Find Me In Your Memory because I saw their cameo in the Stars trailer. Haha! 

Hmm I don't know. As in, what do you like seeing him play? I think in terms of performance, I'm not as "wow" by him in here. I think in the beginning he was more intriguing but in the latter stage, it was their past that became more interesting to watch.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea What dramas are you watching? Did you keep on with My Liberation Notes?

I'm still watching MLN, just this week episode I haven't caught up. 

I like Showtime a lot, it's refreshing and a bit unusual, also hella funny. This is the most entertaining drama for me now. 

1. My Liberation Notes

2. From Now Showtime

3. The Blue Whisperer 

The rest like Crazy Love, Grid, Our Blues idk... haven't had motivation to continue. Tried ep 1 Sh**ting Star and wasn't impressed by it. LSK is watchable but not the strongest actress out there, the ML seems first time carry out task as main lead, and so far he's not interesting for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What are they airing for weekdays

I have no idea what's airing on the weekdays because I'm only keeping up with Crazy Love (ends this week) and Love All Play. What else is there airing during the week? :thinking:

Showtime comes from Mystic Pop-up Bar's script writer. @SilverMoonTea and I finished that one and loved it so there's a higher likelihood we will finish Showtime. The easiest way for us to drop a drama is if the leads get together too fast. We both like a nice slow burner, but Tea tends to like sloooow ones, and I prefer there to be a nice balance. 

No oppa in Stars for me too. The psychiatrist in Find Me In Your Memory is in this. I'm assuming they won't have him in the same scene as them. He would be going from their best friend who is helping kids with their mental health to a manager with mental health (there's no work/life balance!). Haha!

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

which one would you like me to drop @Tofu for Showtime? Again My Life? Love All Play?

Our Blues since you're already behind. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@SilverMoonTea Until now I remember ML in Stars as Oh Nam Joo (his character name in EY) and can't remember his real name 😅. His acting was so wooden in EY so I'm sort of interested to see whether he has improved in Stars. This kind of rom-com can be nice if done well... and most importantly, he fell for her first so he's going to brooding and tortured more (emotionally I hope) and I like seeing that i.e. if he can emote well at all.

@Tofu Weekdays...? At the moment nothing interesting but your Oppa Lee Joon's drama is coming soon on weekdays, isn't it?

Hahaha nice try, I've caught up with Our Blues and two episodes of China Special Forces. During watch I feel Our Blues' episodes were too long and CSF's were too short. 

Oh yeaaaah, true. Memory couple's psychiatrist friend is in Stars! So all these cameos are because of the PD. Do we know what's Chae Jong Hyeop's role is in here? Memory couple can reprise their roles since they are considered public figures (lol, I can imagine Anchor-nim digging and humiliating ML live). Or he's interviewing Moon Ga Young and ML because she's the ML's co-star.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Or he's interviewing Moon Ga Young and ML because she's the ML's co-star.

Wow! That would actually be pretty great if that's how they make their cameos in the drama. They are definitely reprising their roles as Ha Jin and Anchor-nim -- at least I hope so! It would make no sense for them to cameo as two famous people in a romantic relationship when we already went through that in Find Me In Your Memory for them. Haha! For Chae Jong Hyeop, I'm assuming he's playing an actor they manage. 

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Weekdays...? At the moment nothing interesting but your Oppa Lee Joon's drama is coming soon on weekdays, isn't it?

Yeah, it starts next Monday/Tuesday! Are you going to watch? I think it'll be very heavy on the politics. Jang Hyuk looks amazing in it from the trailers, reminds me of his My Country character. 

What's after Military Prosecutor Doberman? That drama ended this week. Is tvN taking a break until Link airs in June? 

• Like 5
20 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

. LSK is watchable but not the strongest actress out there, the ML seems first time carry out task as main lead, and so far he's not interesting for me. 

He was in Penthouse....he is quite hot but no way I am gonna watch the craziness of  Penthouse. LOL

@mademoiselle I tried watching the movie - New Year Blues. Not so great. Year-end Medley is way better. 

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I tried watching the movie - New Year Blues. Not so great. Year-end Medley is way better. 

Yoo Yeon Seok one right? It was boring... I couldn't get into it

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Wow! That would actually be pretty great if that's how they make their cameos in the drama. They are definitely reprising their roles as Ha Jin and Anchor-nim -- at least I hope so! It would make no sense for them to cameo as two famous people in a romantic relationship when we already went through that in Find Me In Your Memory for them. Haha! For Chae Jong Hyeop, I'm assuming he's playing an actor they manage. 

They do look like they are reprising their roles from the preview trailer. As a fan of the drama, I definitely would love them reprising their roles. They were promoting really hard for the drama back then... hehehe.

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yeah, it starts next Monday/Tuesday! Are you going to watch? I think it'll be very heavy on the politics. Jang Hyuk looks amazing in it from the trailers, reminds me of his My Country character. 

What's after Military Prosecutor Doberman? That drama ended this week. Is tvN taking a break until Link airs in June?

I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of heavy (royal) politics so have to see how I feel about it then.

Yeah nothing until Link in June.

• Like 5
On 4/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL @Tofu I'm sure you guys have seen Kim Min Gyu's photoshoot yesterday? :smile:

OMG Thanks sooo much for sharing! I feel like I've been so absent on the Oppa thread... went on a date in real life with someone who I was really not interested in, but gave a chance to and I'm not sure why I did it since it was such a drainer .Remind me never to do this again!!!  :pandaroar: Thank God I don't have to deal with that anymore and I can go back to these beautiful Oppas. Thanks for sharing Kim Min Gyu's photoshoot! :heart::heart::heart:

On 4/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, bai said:

this drama has that feel of artsy(?????) Idk but ghad I love how they put the POV

and it's nice to know that many introvert people relate to this, I can getting to understand more my friends feeling with this personality

in kisses fangirling? Lololol :eeeee:

Ok @SilverMoonTea I'm going to give My Libreration Notes a one episode try tonight. :MewHi:

Hahaha @bai, I just feel like you and Tea fangirl over the same dramas at the same time! :lol:

On 4/22/2022 at 12:24 AM, Tofu said:

KBS is calling it Love All Play, but Disney+ (where it's airing online) calls it Going to You at the Speed of 493km. So confusing with all these title changes. :BulbaConfused:

Hahaha I love Going to You at the Speed of 493km, so I'm going to stick with that!  :heiboi:

On 4/22/2022 at 12:24 AM, Tofu said:

It's part of the culture here to tip at least 15-20% Some restaurants will make it a point to call out that they pay their waiters the non-tipping wage (tip is included for them but as a bonus instead of part of their wage). 

That's a lot of burden to put on th customers :shocked2: I'm glad the restaurant owners just pay the staff here and add a public holiday surcharge if they need to. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:38 AM, bai said:

awwwww he looks cute & bufff. How is the story??

Thanks for sharing this @bai - Chae Jong Hyeop is soooo pretty :wow:

On 4/22/2022 at 12:33 PM, Tofu said:

I am bias. I watch him with hearts in my eyes. :wow:

The leads are cute. The first two episodes are introduction (how they started playing on the same team, etc.). I think next week is when it picks up. 

Meeee toooo!!! I'm hoping the story will be more interesting from next week. The first 2 episodes felt a bit slow to me...but I'll watch regardless for Chae Jong Hyeop! :heart:

On 4/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, Tofu said:

Park Hae Jin, an eye candy (not yet oppa), is back in dramaland. :heart:

Is this his new magician drama? :MonkaTang:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

They were promoting really hard for the drama back then... hehehe.

They were! I remembered they did a live broadcast and Moon Ga Young kept helping Anchornim with his shirt because of the deep cut in the front. :lmao2:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I think Gong Tae Sung and Oh Han Byeol grew up together. She's calling him "Gong"

I think they said somewhere in the drama they went to highschool and college together. Are you going to watch Showtime too?! 

@SilverMoonTea, if mademoiselle doesn't try out Showtime, maybe I need to drop Tomorrow. They cut so much of Lee Soo Hyuk's scenes last week and I wasn't that impressed with both episodes either. :GengarPout:

@JenL My mom keeps matchmaking me but I have been avoiding all of them. I am glad one of us is willing to go on a date. I'm sorry it didn't work out! Was he too boring? Hahaha! 

Yes, it's the drama where he plays a magician but if you watch it (or read our comments in the thread), you will find out how he does his magic. Hahaha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@JenL My mom keeps matchmaking me but I have been avoiding all of them. I am glad one of us is willing to go on a date. I'm sorry it didn't work out! Was he too boring? Hahaha! 

Oh no! Sorry to hear this is happening to you! My mum went through that stage a few years back.. It was the worst time ever and I totally understand avoiding them all!!! But I think with time, seeing people's daughters who got into bad relationships and divorces a fews years down the track, my mum realised that not everyone goes the same path. Hopefully your mum comes around and gives up on badgering you! :heiboi:

He was ok to talk to and even watched Kdramas LOL, but I didn't like that he was always telling stories with Too Much Information  (like crass humour/ details) :HaunterOK: and he was clearly not over his ex-girlfriend as they broke up last year and he kept mentioning her. :KittyBan: And I think he really didn't have a sense of self...like he did what his friends wanted to do out of FOMO all the time rather than have his own goals/ opinions (his words, not mine). And there was just no attraction whatsoever overall  :idk: But ah well, I guess you have to give things a go sometimes. It was good practice at beiing conversational, I got to try a new restaurant for free and learn more about myself (or what annoys me!) :laugh:

On 4/26/2022 at 12:49 PM, Tofu said:

Actually, I shouldn't say much. I'm watching quite a bit too. I am watching six dramas. 😅

Woww how are y'all keeping up such a schedule??? :shocked2: I forgot to add Pachinko to my signature, but I watched all of it so far and there's only one episode left so not going back to add it now. That reminds me -

I have adopted Oppa Number 2 this year:

I love Sunja's second husband - the pastor. Damn that actor is hot -  Steve (Noh Sanghyun). I don't care for Lee Min Ho...but this guy. This guy is why I'm watching that show still.

fAsKyrX.jpg

On 4/26/2022 at 5:38 PM, mademoiselle said:

I will soon have 9 dramas because Pachinko is finishing this week, I believe, and Monstrous is starting on 29/4. I'm watching:

1. Love All Play
  2. Tomorrow
  3. My Liberation Notes
  4. Our Blues
  5. Again My Life
  6. Who Rules the World
  7. China Special Forces
  8. Pachinko
  9. Monstrous

So, which one would you like me to drop @Tofu for Showtime? Again My Life? Love All Play? :laugh::lmao2:

Ohhhh my. This is just madness! :lettalKWA: I am watching Tomorrow by the way and I really like it despite what Koala's Playground says :niu:...I've just been so lazy to write my opinions lately, but I will get onto it!

On 4/26/2022 at 7:09 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Tried ep 1 Sh**ting Star and wasn't impressed by it. LSK is watchable but not the strongest actress out there, the ML seems first time carry out task as main lead, and so far he's not interesting for me. 

Everytime I see that starred out title it makes me cringe because it makes me think of a swear word instead! :lettalKWA:

I haven't started yet but I heard that the first episode had one of the lowest ratings. I think the pairing is interesting, but I feel like that wasn't that much advertising or support for the drama leading up to it? Did you guys see a lot? :thinking: I even forgot it was starting! LOL

On 4/26/2022 at 10:40 PM, Tofu said:

The easiest way for us to drop a drama is if the leads get together too fast. We both like a nice slow burner, but Tea tends to like sloooow ones, and I prefer there to be a nice balance.

Hahaha I'm with Tofu - nice balance is good... @SilverMoonTea love next level slowness! :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, JenL said:

OMG Thanks sooo much for sharing! I feel like I've been so absent on the Oppa thread... went on a date in real life with someone who I was really not interested in, but gave a chance to and I'm not sure why I did it since it was such a drainer .Remind me never to do this again!!!  :pandaroar: 

Was it a blind date ?

I found out date staged by friend or family beforehand always never turn well lols. Probably it's just not natural at the first place... 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea, if mademoiselle doesn't try out Showtime, maybe I need to drop Tomorrow.

Hahahahahahaa.... this is a good way to make a bargain or more like a threat lols 🤣😆😅 

29 minutes ago, JenL said:

I haven't started yet but I heard that the first episode had one of the lowest ratings. I think the pairing is interesting, but I feel like that wasn't that much advertising or support for the drama leading up to it? Did you guys see a lot? :thinking: I even forgot it was starting! LOL

Haha oh yes the thread was belong to you isn't it? Too bad I tried ep 1 but didn't really like it. The ML I knew from EY and he was good there as bad boy. Here he just don't caught my eyes so much. Actually I didn't really like drama about celebrity life, unless the oppa really shiny like Lee Jun Young. I ended up watching all his idol dramas LOLs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@JenL My mom is convinced I need help with my love life because she can't accept that I have no desire to date (or get married). I rejected the guy she talked very highly about on Monday. He asked afterwards if we could be friends, I didn't respond and had no intentions to. I saw my mom today and she was very upset about it (she heard from his brother) because we have relatives who are close. She said it's improper for me to ignore him like that so I told her I'll agree to be friends (this was partially so she would stop talking about him every five minutes I was home). Now, he is asking me questions and I feel exhausted just looking at the messages. :jiminbtssigh:

Oh, Jen. That sounds like a bad date. Did you talk to him prior or was it a blind date kind of situation? From the sounds of it, he needs to spend some investing and growing himself before he gets in another relationship. I'm glad you were able get some positives out of it. Haha! 

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Woww how are y'all keeping up such a schedule?

The Korean dramas airing are mainly on the weekends, so I spend the week watching the ones I didn't catch on the weekend. I'm not sure how @mademoiselle is managing. She's truly amazing, while this is me:

333.jpg

(I'm only watching four from the list on the photo since Crazy Love ended yesterday). 

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I have adopted Oppa Number 2 this year:

Ahh!! That's who he is! I've seen photos of him on my TL and I thought he was very good looking. 

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I really like it despite what Koala's Playground says

Are they saying bad things about it? :shocked2:

I keep thinking Sh**ting Stars is Shitting Stars too, but maybe there's a double meaning. Tae Sung (ML) is supposed to be this despicable person to the Han Byeol (FL). And like Tea said, you own that thread! :lol:

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahahahahahaa.... this is a good way to make a bargain or more like a threat lols

I feel like I might get my head chopped off by saying that. :lmao2:

• Haha 5
18 hours ago, Tofu said:

They were! I remembered they did a live broadcast and Moon Ga Young kept helping Anchornim with his shirt because of the deep cut in the front.

Yeah, I remember that one. It was smexy. I kept evidence! :laugh: To be honest, I think he deliberately show his chest coz look at this, he could button up one more and he doesn't.

img-006t-Bnffgy1gehxqs02kug30e00lw4qu.gi

18 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think they said somewhere in the drama they went to highschool and college together. Are you going to watch Showtime too?!

Yes they go to schools + uni together which is why I suspect they knew each other since they were kids. And Tae Sung had always liked Han Byeol. Showtime - I don't know yet. Prove that you and @SilverMoonTea will keep on with it this time then I'll watch. I've finished the dramas you guys introduced but you guys didn't finish them yourselves! :KittyMallet:

17 hours ago, JenL said:

I love Sunja's second husband - the pastor. Damn that actor is hot -  Steve (Noh Sanghyun). I don't care for Lee Min Ho...but this guy. This guy is why I'm watching that show still.

:lmao2: about your comment! How was LMH's performance by the way? I read that episode 7 focuses on his backstory.

17 hours ago, JenL said:

Ohhhh my. This is just madness! :lettalKWA: I am watching Tomorrow by the way and I really like it despite what Koala's Playground says :niu:...I've just been so lazy to write my opinions lately, but I will get onto it!

What did Koala say again? 🙄 I'm at awe people still like going to her blog and read her opinion about dramas. Though some goes there because she reports other Asian news. She's gotten better throughout the years but as a reader, I prefer Javabeans and Girlfriday's writings because they are more eloquent, witty and fun to read. They give more constructive criticisms whereas Koala was very negative and harsh, and she also instigate/promote fan wars.

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

The Korean dramas airing are mainly on the weekends, so I spend the week watching the ones I didn't catch on the weekend. I'm not sure how @mademoiselle is managing. She's truly amazing, while this is me:

(I'm only watching four from the list on the photo since Crazy Love ended yesterday). 

I'm struggling too and you guys want me to take on more! I watched 2 episodes of SStars last night and 2 episodes of Who Rules the World and I couldn't deal anymore. What about you guys? How many episode can you watch a night? I play catch up on the weekend as well.

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea, if mademoiselle doesn't try out Showtime, maybe I need to drop Tomorrow. They cut so much of Lee Soo Hyuk's scenes last week and I wasn't that impressed with both episodes either. :GengarPout:

I feel like I might get my head chopped off by saying that. :lmao2:

@Tofu

Spoiler

16948347.png

Spoiler

:pandagrim::KittyGun::KittyMallet:

Spoiler

img.gif

You have the heart to kill my cute, precious VIP Oppa? :cry:

Spoiler

:lmao2:

• Haha 5