12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you adopt Woo Do Hwan on the way with Tempted?

WDH is my love since Sweet Stranger & Me days. I had major SLS there in Save Me. So did @stroppyse.  But I was not too hot about his last three dramas . I hope after miitary he will get a good drama please

I like how you're trying to sell me Song Kang. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Omo what?! Now you tell me about WDH! And stroppyse too! He's a scene stealer. I noticed him in the movie with Lee Byung Hun, Jin Kyung, Kang Dong Won & Kim Woo Bin first and officially took him in after the scene he pretended to be scared of insect in Mad Dog.

No to Jo Young & Eun Seop too in TKEM? Waeee? I love him as Jo Young. Tempted was a huge disappointment. I was kinda mad of how bad the script turned out.

Song Kang - did it work? Hahahahahaha. Bet not. :P

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea 

BTW, that is so random... going all the way back to 2014's drama? How did that even happen? So is he an Oppa yet? What about L?

Haha yeah I'm quite random... Just want to watch some good crime drama. And this one fit the bill. And I didnt know if Kim Soo Hyun was on this too. 

@abs-oluteMI enjoyed Chef Moon for a while, I think I stopped around 8 or something. The drama use all lame troop as well. Once they become couple and thats it. Tell me how is it. I think Discovery Love is better Eric's project, I finished that drama. But I think I was enjoying the 2nd lead more hahaha... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@mademoiselle I think SongKang still looks too baby face to me.  Rowoon has a higher chance as he has got this more adult look ahahaha. My hubs also say Rowoon is good looking - he's actually watching Extraordinary You now.  I have seen Rowoon in When The Stars Land only. I am not so keen on EY

@SilverMoonTea I enjoyed Discovery Romance - YHM love line with KSG was the cutest. Honestly that drama was very interesting because it defies a lot of tropes. JungYumi's character was dating the 2nd lead all the way - and this is the drama where she got to kiss & sleep with both leads. Just like I Need Romance 2 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I think SongKang still looks too baby face to me.  Rowoon has a higher chance as he is got this more adult look ahahaha. My hubs also say Rowoon is good looking - he's actually watching Extraordinary You now.  I have seen Rowoon in When The Stars Land only. I am not so keen on EY

LOL Song Kang is actually older than Do Hyun (by 1 year) and Rowoon. Poor boy getting rejected for looking young. :laugh: Did you see the Sweet Home clip from The Swoon where Do Hyun has to keep reminding Lee Si Young he is the maknae? Hahahahahaha so funny.

Rowoon is beautiful in EY. I love his height difference with Hye Yoon in there. It creates that really nice visual. A good dancer too and can actually sing though unfortunately he wasn't the best singer in the group. :wow: Now I just need him to horn his acting skills and impress since he's still quite green. Looking forward to be able to spazz about him with you soon... 2 more weeks! Eeeeek!!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

WDH is my love since Sweet Stranger & Me days. I had major SLS there in Save Me. So did @stroppyse.  But I was not too hot about his last three dramas . I hope after miitary he will get a good drama please

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Omo what?! Now you tell me about WDH! And stroppyse too! He's a scene stealer. I noticed him in the movie with Lee Byung Hun, Jin Kyung, Kang Dong Won & Kim Woo Bin already and officially took him in after the scene he pretended to be scared of cockroach in Mad Dog.

Yes, I noticed him in Sweet Stranger& Me, then really fell for him in Save Me. Even though Seo Yae Ji was the female lead and Ok Taec Yeon was the male lead, I think it was Woo Do Hwan who really worked in that drama. Anyway, he's the reason that I finished watching that drama.

Mad Dog was pretty decent, I think. I liked WDH's chemistry with Yoo Ji Tae in that drama. The reluctant bromance! However, WDH's next few projects (Tempted, My Country, The King) were unwatchable for me, even with my baby in it.

Also, after Mad Dog and Tempted didn't do well in the ratings, I'm wondering if he's been permanently sidelined as a supporting actor rather than a lead. Hope not. And, along with @abs-oluteM, I just hope that he gets some good projects when he's back!

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM @stroppyse - My Country was, in my opinion, WDH's shining moment. I liked him before in Save Me and Mad Dog, but his performance as Seon Ho was the most range I've seen him show as an actor. I felt that it was his "no, this is what I'm really capable of" response after that horrible drama, Tempted (something I pretend never existed for him haha!). Admittedly, I do understand why most people stayed away from My Country. It was such a political heavy drama, something not everyone will enjoy. I watched it mainly for the bromance between WDH and YSJ -- @mademoiselle wrote a review on the drama if anyone is interested (Link).

January just started so I don't want to put anyone on my tracker yet because a lot of fondness for certain oppas are residual feelings from last year. :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleJi Soo is on your boy collection? I was watching him on My First First Love, but I like the 2nd lead better (Jung Jin Young B1A4). 

@SilverMoonTea Whaaat. No way Jisoo was better :laugh: But I guess I first watched him when he was second-leading in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon ...And there's always more attachment when you see them as second lead first. I heard even though he was kind of first lead, it also like he was second lead for When I was the most beautiful:BulbaConfused:

Ah, Jisoo...the most cursed of all oppas...I feel like the only drama he's gotten the girl (which I've seen) is My First First Love and that was like after like 14 episodes of will we/won't we moments...

h9PuT3Y.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLMy First First Love, I only watched season 1. Shes dating the Jinyoung's character. Jisoo is her bestfriend. Cos I don't fancy him, I just stopped at S1. Knowing the story will change haha. But tbh its also not so exciting the drama. The 2nd lead JJY actually somewhat my oppa, but its because I like him as boyband. But as an actor I think he still need to grow more.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

47 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLMy First First Love, I only watched season 1. Shes dating the Jinyoung's character. Jisoo is her bestfriend. Cos I don't fancy him, I just stopped at S1. Knowing the story will change haha. But tbh its also not so exciting the drama. The 2nd lead JJY actually somewhat my oppa, but its because I like him as boyband. But as an actor I think he still need to grow more.

Fair enough - it was super slice-of-life, housemate drama, but even for that genre, the romance was pretty slow and subtle. Haha I was the opposite, didn't care for the second lead, but I thought he got a lot of screen time together with Chaeyeon! :laugh:

43 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Ji Soo will get the girl this time in The Moon Rising River!! 

That's true! I'm not sure if I'll watch it though...tend not to feel interested in historical dramas :idk: But let me know if he ends up with the girl and they both survive

(Haha, I still feel it's possible they could end up together and one of them dies :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:  Only because it's Jisoo :psweatduck: :laugh:)

Also for @mademoiselle, I liked this list of up and coming rising Oppas: https://www.soompi.com/article/1441122wpp/from-rookies-to-stars-12-hottest-rising-k-drama-actors-of-2020

But maybe it's because the cover photo for the article featured my 3 main squeezes of last year (If only they had squished in Jo Byung Gyu too...)

AmiuiQ5.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, JenL said:

That's true! I'm not sure if I'll watch it though...tend not to feel interested in historical dramas :idk: But let me know if he ends up with the girl and they both survive

(Haha, I still feel it's possible they could end up together and one of them dies :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:  Only because it's Jisoo :psweatduck: :laugh:)

Hahaha! Poor Ji Soo, it's so true that he has the worst of luck. I want to see him in something good where he gets a better ending for the characters he plays. In The Moon Rising River, his dad is Kang Ha Neul, so he has to get the girl at the end, right? :smug:

19 minutes ago, JenL said:

But may it's because the cover photo for the article featured my 3 main squeezes of last year (If only they had squished in Jo Byung Gyu too...)

Agreed! They should have also included Jo Byeong Gyu in the photo. I think those four had a really memorable year. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, JenL said:

I heard even though he was kind of first lead, it also like he was second lead for When I was the most beautiful:BulbaConfused:

This is a show to torture one's soul...believe me the ending was stupid...I dropped it but somehow I kept tags on the development partly cause my mum was watching it. I love both male leads : Ji Soo & Ha Seok Jin but the premise in the 1st place already spelt misery with a capital M. :scaredpanda2:

35 minutes ago, JenL said:

But maybe it's because the cover photo for the article featured my 3 main squeezes of last year (If only they had squished in Jo Byung Gyu too...)

All three very popular for us here...but I think none are on @SilverMoonTea's list ...perhaps Lee Jae Wook. Agreed that JBG is also the star to watch!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

@Tofuresidual feelings still a feelings haha... so i put 2 last year oppas cos theyre carried forward :laugh:

I think no new oppas added for me too. L is delicious but I haven't swept from the ground yet by him. Chung Jung Myung, I like his acting, but I'm also not going into fangirling mode.. so.. haha both not making it yet into my list @mademoiselle

Haha was a bit charmed by LJW last year, but didn't last long @abs-oluteM

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! Poor Ji Soo, it's so true that he has the worst of luck. I want to see him in something good where he gets a better ending for the characters he plays.

My baby boy Ji Soo! I watched his debut in 'Angry Mom' and was totally blown away. The drama itself was just okay, but you should watch it and fast forward to just the Ji Soo scenes! 'Angry Mom' is the drama where Kim Yoo Jung is bullied in school, so her mother Kim Hee Sun goes undercover at her school as a student to figure out what is going on. First of all, Kim Hee Sun looks amazing and almost pulls it off as a student, especially since she claims to have missed a couple of years because of illness, so she's an old high school student. KHS then basically becomes the top girl (best fighter, not academically) at the school and Ji Soo is the top guy (same thing, fighter not academics). It's kind of a preposterous romance, but I started rooting for it to happen, especially when Ji Soo keeps crushing after he finds out how old KHS's character truly is.

Then I watched Ji Soo in 'Cheer Up!' which was about high school kids who form a cheerleading squad, and one of the best things about it was the bromance between Ji Soo and Lee Won Keun. Actually, I liked 'Cheer Up!' as a light, fun drama despite its tendency towards cheesiness, but then again, I also liked the female lead Jung Eun Ji.

And, of course, Ji Soo was also in 'Page Turner' which was a short special drama which was excellent!

So, I loved him in his first 3 outings, and have loved him since, despite having had projects I couldn't watch ('Scarlet Lovers', 'When I Was Prettiest'), though he was the reason I started them before I dropped them.

Oh, but Ji Soo did get his woman in 'FantastiC' which was a drama about cancer. JS was a supporting role, but his romance was with one of the second lead women. He was just coming off surgery, I think, so they had to shoot lots of scenes where he's sitting down, but all the women in that drama kept fangirling over him in the BTS.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hahaha, Oppa Tracker thread turns into Oppa discussion. :laugh:

I think WDH will be ok after coming out of MS. He's with KeyEast agency (considered strong, big agency too) and he was well-loved as Jo Young/Eun Seop in TKEM. I'm more worried about his co-star YSJ. :jiminbtssigh: I guess the biggest concern is not to choose terrible scripts again.

LOL, Ji Soo still has a chance. Im Ju Hwan who only received his first award after acting for 17 years and the forever second lead in dramaland. Imagine how many ladies he never got. LOL.

Soompi's article is missing out Kim Dong Hee (Sky Castle, Itaewon Class, Extracurricular). He's also Oppa in the make.

EACfiWtU0AAoYR3?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 1
1 hour ago, Jane said:

It's early days yet but Kang Tae-Oh in Run On might be my January Oppa. A sign that I start getting into them is when I am interested enough to start googling. Haha. Have not felt the urge for Im Siwan, who while very pretty is just not my type. 

Hahaha good taste @Jane! Kang Tae-oh is a sweetheart....to bring this back to full circle, I really liked him in My First First Love (the drama with Ji Soo mentioned above). :wow:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 1

I'm also a bit charmed by Mr Queen's king, Kim Jung Hyun now. He seems start to get smitten by the hermaphrodite mr queen lols... His acting so good when he's challenged by her cousin and he declared she's his woman (man?) Haha... @LaLa

I also already liked him from School, Waikiki, and tbh he's actually the saving grace for me from CLOY. 

960x0.jpg

KJH on Mr Queen : If you can get a moment to laugh, nothing would delight me more. - Forbes article.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Tofu said:

All the 5urprise members are/can be oppa material. Ok, maybe that's a bit of a lie. I've only seen them in a handful of dramas, even Seo Kang Joon too.

I had to Google 5urprise to see who the members are. 😅 I now know 4 out of 5. Lee Tae Hwan's acting is still stiff. Fave had to be Seo Kang Joon. Haha.

Kim Jung Hyun is a good candidate @SilverMoonTea I quite like him in School and he was funny in Waikiki. But you fell for this, didn't you?

Spoiler

fd715034a474902a07575b6f061c077d4f1d4c92

dcb3d6f994a0f9d6d3d8dd5afff127759e05fe24

05e540d2a138b849942653019bd642ca788a1669

:laugh:

Ommaya at @Jane's no to Siwan 😲. You've to love both because...

Spoiler

74526bcd5ad0320c41190112f0bff71c7a673eb5

44717cbcea9eff9c6a087fb04f063426bea7b11b

They've made connection... they are now a package deal.

:GrowDerp: Let/Watch me bullshit...persuade Jane into adopting Siwan too :laugh:

I'm waiting to see if I will adopt this pup

Spoiler

a2e1daa27e8b09c207c0f57ed23205fb792128b3

@JenL New stills from MBC

EDIT: Another of my Oppa is returning! :wow: Park Hyung Sik! Couple of days ago was Lee Jong Suk.

tenor.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
51 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ommaya at @Jane's no to Siwan 😲. You've to love both because...

Reveal hidden contents

74526bcd5ad0320c41190112f0bff71c7a673eb5

44717cbcea9eff9c6a087fb04f063426bea7b11b

They've made connection... they are now a package deal.

:GrowDerp: Let/Watch me bullshit...persuade Jane into adopting Siwan too :laugh:

Heehee! I watched the clip of the ET scene even though I am only somewhere at Ep 3 or 4 (can't remember) of Run On. But hey, me not adopting Siwan means there's more for you all! I will give you that Siwan's shoulders seems much broader after army. But the mandatory abs scene - nehhhh, not doing it for me. Where's Tae-Oh's abs scene! That might tip me over the edge. :LaxEat:

Edited by Jane
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle - A discussion is necessary because there are possible commitments here. :laugh:

Hahaha tofu, what kind of commitments? Marry the oppa? :laugh:Then I need to consider carefully, else I will be doing poligamy lols... 

Btw is there anyone else think Yoon Hyun Min and Lee Jae Wook a bit look alike? 

20210103-161145.jpg

Talking about YHM, his project recently also not so exciting... Actually he was best at villain role in Falling for Innocence. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Kim Jung Hyun is a good candidate @SilverMoonTea I quite like him in School and he was funny in Waikiki. But you fell for this, didn't you?

Ehh I think you have to offer this to @abs-oluteM don't you think? :MewGiggle: His shoulder is definitely got bigger unlike the time when he's acting as Gu Seung Jun in Crash Landing. Glad that he has recovered. I didn't watch his drama (Time was it?) where he has to step down because of his illness but from the pictures only he was looking sickly and pale. 

Anyway is this a thread for oppa tracker or oppa market where everyone is selling their oppas for others to buy? :laugh:

• Haha 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

7 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Ehh I think you have to offer this to @abs-oluteM don't you think? :MewGiggle:

I liked him in both School 2017 and Waikiki 1...

Though I feel a bit terrible ogling at high school kids, I believe he was of adult age when playing this

Spoiler

school-ep-2-taewoon-kim-junhyung-abs-shi

@SilverMoonTea do you still want to do your school uniform series on the abs club in time for schools reopening :smug:? Please go ahead & do so if you're up to it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3