No Oppa yet for 2021. I was considering JBG but after seeing the cuts, I'm not so sure now. You know me with hairy men :pandadisgusted: and vacuum dining table is :Sin:

Oh yeah, the clip with NGM...not funny ah? I was anticipating him to order food in English but all I got was ... this, this and that...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1
11 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle@abs-oluteM actually how many oppas for u guys in January? I'm confused 😂... Be transparent! And roll the list on the floor! 🤣🤣🤣

Not that many that get me all excited - I consider oppa if I keep thinking about them and want to check their other works that I have yet too. So lee Do Hyun is the only one as I think I will actually go watch Hotel Del Luna now . I wasn't particularly motivated before this.

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Ehhh? What happened to Kim Seon Ho? 

Your love have deepen for Do Hyun after Sweet Home, isn't it? My heart is veering towards Siwan more than Tae Oh at the moment. The love for Siwan has rekindled. Tae Oh is cute though. But... I'm still looking for January Oppa. 

Hahaha we're fickle like that. As soon as the character disappears...our love for oppa is on pause till next project :smile:

I know you keep hard selling Sweet Home to me....but I'm still too chicken.

I prefer Tae oh a lot more in that series...I feel like Siwan has charmed a lot of people, but for some reason he doesn't click with me. I guess I'm the oppa-site (sorry for the terrible, but necessary pun) :laugh:

7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I had seen pictures of him (before The Uncanny Counter) with this much facial hairs but I didn't take an interest. Hahahaha, I don't know if the guys you mentioned have as much facial hairs as Byung Gyu. What IF Lee Jae Wook does? 

Reallllly??? I guess I've only ever seen the clean cut photos. JBG also looks quite young so it's a weird contrast!

Like if I didn't know their ages, I would have thought JBG was younger than LJW. :lenny: 

Hahaha it's too late for me. I think I'll still be into LJW and Jasper even if they had beards (I say this now, but the minute they grow one, I'll probably be the first to leave :laugh:). Meh, both those guys have a very tightly held public image so far, so probably will never see a smattered beard photo :idk:

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Jo Byung Gyu doesn't like romance. It was mentioned in some articles translated by fans today.

Hahaha so he'll never make it onto my oppa list :laugh: But never say never. I do think it's refreshing to see a youngish actor take on so many non-romance roles (since romance roles are probably an easier climb to fame). JBG is also wayyy charismatic and talks so much trash...and sadly, I like those aspects. I have a weakness for charismatic trash-talkers :idk:

• Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle@abs-oluteM actually how many oppas for u guys in January? I'm confused 😂... Be transparent! And roll the list on the floor!

Hahaha, I can't say I really have anyone who is a true oppa so far. :thinking:

The only mildly, tentatively interests I might have are Hwang In Yeop and Kang Tae Oh, but I can honestly say that I'm not googling them up or interested in checking out their past projects or anything like that. Just when I watch the shows, I think, ah, cute. It probably doesn't help that I don't have strong feelings for both series either - they're just light watches.

I have noticed lately that I seem to like second leads. Constantly having very mild second lead syndrome....:lol:

• Haha 5

@mademoiselle - OMG! I want to pretend that I never saw those clips of JBG. :scaredpanda2:

@abs-oluteM - Kim Jae Young is :heart: Can't wait to see him in his new drama! Please let it be good. :yoongibtspls:

13 hours ago, JenL said:

I would have thought JBG was younger than LJW.

Even though I know how young LJW is, I find myself surprised when I find someone who looks younger but is older -- like it's a crime to be younger and have a more matured look. LOL! 

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Forever oppas, I don't dare to make such claim @abs-oluteM🤣🤣🤣

What?! You don't have any forever oppas? :shocked2:

• Haha 5
16 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha we're fickle like that. As soon as the character disappears...our love for oppa is on pause till next project.

Hahaha actually I do that too. When Oppa A's drama is on → LOVE. Drama finished, love goes dormant. New drama takes over then the attention goes to Oppa B. :laugh: At least they remain in the list, unless they got into some irreversible/unforgivable scandals.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

I think I'll still be into LJW and Jasper even if they had beards (I say this now, but the minute they grow one, I'll probably be the first to leave). Meh, both those guys have a very tightly held public image so far, so probably will never see a smattered beard photo

I don't think Jasper has bushy facial hairs so you are safe. Not sure about LJW. Jasper has this boyish look even now that he's in his 30s so I'd say it doesn't suit him to grow it all out. LJW is still super young and like you said needs to look pretty for us so let's give him another 10 years or so and he might start becoming like Lee Jin Wook.

EraWsyTUUAMjuOi?format=jpg&name=large

I swear when I watch him on The Swoon, I had the urge of wanting to go into the screen and just shave them all clean for him :PsyWhat:

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha so he'll never make it onto my oppa list. But never say never. I do think it's refreshing to see a youngish actor take on so many non-romance roles (since romance roles are probably an easier climb to fame). JBG is also wayyy charismatic and talks so much trash...and sadly, I like those aspects. I have a weakness for charismatic trash-talkers

Hahaha JBG didn't say he'll never do a romance too. He just said for now, he doesn't want to do romance and maybe later when he's older he will, and said he doesn't like it. Maybe he'll be the next Jo Seung Woo... he doesn't do romance either. We'll never see the SF ship sail...

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle - OMG! I want to pretend that I never saw those clips of JBG. 

Bahahaha, I thought you may not be swayed by his ahjussi look. I guess we all like neat, beautiful men.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

No, no such thing haha... One day they can get into scandal or anything, then that will be the day they're expired as oppa. I got couple of examples : Park Yoo Chun, Kang Ji Hwan. 

I can't tolerate shady oppas.

OMG. You never told me those two were your Oppas! Luckily you've disowned them, else I am in trouble. :pandaheadstomp:

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

No, no such thing haha... One day they can get into scandal or anything, then that will be the day they're expired as oppa.

That's very true. When actors/actresses get into scandals that are just over the top ethically wrong, it is hard to like them again. All you think about is what a horrible person they truly are off screen. Expired Oppas....haha! 

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Bahahaha, I thought you may not be swayed by his ahjussi look. I guess we all like neat, beautiful men.

I'm not against facial hair but some look better with them than others (like Cha Seung Won, although he is not an oppa). JBG looked like he could barely grow any, they were kind of spread apart so it looked strange. :KittyBan:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

JBG looked like he could barely grow any, they were kind of spread apart so it looked strange. 

Hahahaha actually he addressed that on Home Alone (maybe it was in another clip). They did ask him why his beard look so patchy AFTER they laughed at him first. :laugh: He said it was because he waxed them so the hairs don't all grow back at the same time. He also said he did laser hair removal 3 times and it didn't work so he ended up waxing (to look more convincing as a student).

@abs-oluteM Have you started on Hotel Del Luna? Go Cheong Myeong is waiting for you...

img.gif

source: Mine

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

No, no such thing haha... One day they can get into scandal or anything, then that will be the day they're expired as oppa. I got couple of examples : Park Yoo Chun, Kang Ji Hwan. 

I can't tolerate shady oppas.

But kJH - I thought now is not true ? His career is definitely gone for sure . 

@mademoiselle kkkk I hv no time yet. Long days at work . I will probably do so tomorrow 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But kJH - I thought now is not true ? His career is definitely gone for sure . 

No idea, but he admitted at first. If he don't do anything shaddy, should deny it then? Idk felt he's quite questionable as well. 

@mademoiselleim KJH big fans before. I was super dissapointed. PYC was liking him in Rooftop Prince. Actually he's quite good at acting. Who knows he's super shady. In press conference always looked like gentleman.

Anyway plenty fishes in the sea... eh oppas 😅😂

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

No worries January haven't ended yet @JenL😂, yeah I also don't count my flings. Only serious affair count. 

Forever oppas, I don't dare to make such claim @abs-oluteM🤣🤣🤣

Hahaha, depends on what series I watch I guess! But so far after the current dramas finish, the only series I'm interested in for Jan is Sunbae don't put on that lipstick  so it's only Rowoon as a possible candidate and I don't feel it yet from the trailers. But I guess it's time to go watch those series I always wanted to see but missed live....so maybe the pool is bigger there.

My ones are not even flings...only mild crushes :laugh: I'm hard to please, but once you make it on my long-term list you're there for a looooong time. Possibly forever. To be honest, I think I'm still hung up on last year's Oppas. From the Taiwanese pool, I was really into Simon Lian and Greg Hsu last year, but this year it's still too early to know. :thinking:

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Even though I know how young LJW is, I find myself surprised when I find someone who looks younger but is older -- like it's a crime to be younger and have a more matured look. LOL! 

Yeah it's so weird since very few actors are actually his age or younger....but some of them are so baby faced compared to him . I still think about Rowoon saying he had a mature face though they're like 2 years apart :lol: But it's kind of versatile being someone who looks mature. They can make him play different ages all the time. :heiboi:

bWGiUJa.jpg

FCs33QT.jpg

5CUteWM.jpg

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

What?! You don't have any forever oppas? 

LOL, I know! Isn't it just shocking?! :lettalKWA: 

@SilverMoonTea you can't be having affairs if you're not cheating on anyone! :laugh: 

Look at me and Jasper...I cheat on him because he left me alone to watch Kdramas since he's gone to the mainland to do dubbed dramas :lenny:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha actually I do that too. When Oppa A's drama is on → LOVE. Drama finished, love goes dormant. New drama takes over then the attention goes to Oppa B. At least they remain in the list, unless they got into some irreversible/unforgivable scandals.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

That's very true. When actors/actresses get into scandals that are just over the top ethically wrong, it is hard to like them again. All you think about is what a horrible person they truly are off screen. Expired Oppas....haha! 

Yep, that's the way it works :idk:  And I agree, the scandals are a big no-no. I don't care if it's something about dating someone since that's personal life. Or if they get caught smoking once etc. But if it's hurting people, disrespecting/assaulting women, womanising, trafficking of any kind, heavy drug use, corruption and bribery, they are dead to me....Expired! :shocked:

I don't think Jasper has bushy facial hairs so you are safe. Not sure about LJW. Jasper has this boyish look even now that he's in his 30s so I'd say it doesn't suit him to grow it all out. LJW is still super young and like you said needs to look pretty for us so let's give him another 10 years or so and he might start becoming like Lee Jin Wook.

Hahaha, Yeah, I don't think Jasper's facial hair is as coarse as JBG's in any case :shocked: The only scruffy look I've seen on Jasper is when he did More Than Blue. I was not a fan of the film because I don't like the disease trope. But maybe subconsciously I was protesting the facial hair? :laugh: Haha, stay pretty and clean-faced LJW!

DJHqJbz.jpg

Hahaha JBG didn't say he'll never do a romance too. He just said for now, he doesn't want to do romance and maybe later when he's older he will, and said he doesn't like it.

But when you're young and good looking, it's the time for filming romances! He's already acting like an ahjussi...I don't want him to look like one too when he decides to do a romance :laugh: I do understand the not wanting to act in romances though....I think James McAvoy once said that he finds it hard to do romances because you're told to look cool and do really cheesy things like look out into the distance. And you get told off and NG a lot from trying hard to "look cool." But it's fun to play a villain because you can just act hideously and the Directors love it.

@abs-oluteM Have you started on Hotel Del Luna? Go Cheong Myeong is waiting for you...

This is how I got into LDH : Hotel Del Luna. He was so pretty in it. :BulbaOWO: He was also second lead, so probably got me there through his second leadness once again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, JenL said:

It's actually not scary. I'm pretty sure if chicken little me can take it, you can take it. It's more violent and gory than scary IMO. I'm hard selling because I was really impressed and didn't expect it to be this good. So good so that I think people shouldn't miss out on this. So far Lynne, Me, abs-oluteM, 40somethingahjumma, UnniSara, Chocolate, stroppyse, im0202 and Thong Thin have all visited the thread & said they liked it. 

57 minutes ago, JenL said:

And I agree, the scandals are a big no-no. I don't care if it's something about dating someone since that's personal life. Or if they get caught smoking once etc. But if it's hurting people, disrespecting/assaulting women, womanising, trafficking of any kind, heavy drug use, corruption and bribery, they are dead to me....Expired!

LOL, 90% of the Oppa smoke! :cry: My heart bleeds whenever I think about it. Does Jasper smoke? I believe LJW smokes (he has dark gums and lips - an indication of a smoker). Would you still watch the actor's shows if he cheated on his wife? I can/will watch if he's good in acting, but cannot be Oppa. I think I can also forgive drug use if that person has sincerely reflected on his mistakes (like Robert Downey Jr has done drugs so many times and now he's completely cleaned his image being Iron Man). After Hyena I googled on Ju Ji Hoon remembering he had some scandal before. He admitted it and sincerely apologised for using drug once and it was loooong time ago. He could have gotten away from lying since test result won't show him positive. He didn't so he was forgiven & is able to continue with his career.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

But when you're young and good looking, it's the time for filming romances! He's already acting like an ahjussi...I don't want him to look like one too when he decides to do a romance 

He'll have to wax for romance, hahaha. He wants to play youthful or oppressed teenagers first. TBH he says this now...maybe after Uncanny Counter, it will be a romance! :laugh: Never believe what they say 100%! But I think it is true that like those A-rated male movie stars, they don't do romance at all! Seems like if the men can choose, they prefer no romance. True, cheesy lines are terrible and hard... if you're not good at it, it really gives people goosebumps! :heiboi: I remember Park Seo Joon & Park Min Young themselves were curling up their fingers & having goosebumps when they sat together with the staff to watch an episode of that Secretary drama.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It's actually not scary. I'm pretty sure if chicken little me can take it, you can take it. It's more violent and gory than scary IMO. I'm hard selling because I was really impressed and didn't expect it to be this good. So good so that I think people shouldn't miss out on this. So far Lynne, Me, abs-oluteM, 40somethingahjumma, UnniSara, Chocolate, stroppyse, im0202 and Thong Thin have all visited the thread & said they liked it. 

Haha, ok that's a lot of people who like it and at least some of you have had similar tastes to me, so I'll give it a go. When my sister is watching along as well so I'm not alone :laugh:

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, 90% of the Oppa smoke! My heart bleeds whenever I think about it.

Hahaha, oh I expected that :idk: I actually meant smoke pot :lenny: It's probably a career killer in itself for idols in Korea. But if it's not a gateway to other worse habits or heavier/addictive drugs, I'd let that slide. Controversial opinion maybe, but as with my list above, there are much, much, much worse bad behaviours celebrities can engage with that I hope they do not engage with.

List of Oppas and performers who smoke with photos...Might ruin Oppas for those who can't stand smoking:

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-korean-celebrities-caught-smoking/

13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Does Jasper smoke?

I highly doubt it - he's a health nut! :heiboi: He's really into fitness and still lives at home and his parents encourage sports and fitness. There's also been a few times where he commented on friend's pictures on Instagram telling them smoking is not good for their health. LOL. Also I think he's done films where he had to smoke and was hoping he could get out of it as he didn't want to die from the smoke...hahaha. So I'm guessing not!

Also I don't remember him smelling like smoke or anything personally at fan meetings :laugh:

20 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I believe LJW smokes (he has dark gums and lips - an indication of a smoker).

I guess wouldn't be surprised if he was a smoker :idk: Haha, this one is young and likes the cool image.

And I feel like LJW is quite social since he says he does like to go out on his days off. Smoking/ drinking could be part of that social life especially as a younger gen star. But small vices are fine as long as not the forbidden list of behaviours in my last post!

28 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Would you still watch the actor's shows if he cheated on his wife? I can/will watch if he's good in acting, but cannot be Oppa.

I'd still watch the show if I really wanted to since there's probably other stars I like and I don't want them to ruin that for me, but that actor would be blacklisted from Oppa status for sure :KittyBan: 

Cheating in real life is not ok :KittyGun:  Like if you want a different younger girlfriend, break up with your wife so she can be free to find better too.

44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ju Ji Hoon remembering he had some scandal before. He admitted it and sincerely apologised for using drug once and it was loooong time ago. He could have gotten away from lying since test result won't show him positive. He didn't so he was forgiven & is able to continue with his career.

Haha, he still gives off bad boy vibes, but I liked his character a lot in Kingdom

55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

He'll have to wax for romance, hahaha. He wants to play youthful or oppressed teenagers first. TBH he says this now...maybe after Uncanny Counter, it will be a romance!  Never believe what they say 100%! 

Will laugh if it is romance! Also hope his co-star wouldn't have seen his waxing /clippings video :psweatduck:

JBG does suit the youthful/ oppressed teenager role though! But doesn't that mean he has to keep waxing for those roles anyway? :thinking:

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Seems like if the men can choose, they prefer no romance. True, cheesy lines are terrible and hard... if you're not good at it, it really gives people goosebumps!  I remember Park Seo Joon & Park Min Young themselves were curling up their fingers & having goosebumps when they sat together with the staff to watch an episode of that Secretary drama.

I think some actors enjoy the variety though. Romance, if the story line is good, probably is worthwhile and I have heard male actors talk about wanting to do the romance genre after finding a script they clicked with. I think romance is both overrated and underrated as a genre - it's can be considered "easy" as a story concept and not taken seriously. As with dramas like What's wrong with Secretary Kim? it can be cheesy because scenes are wayyyy obvious with the romance/ everything is centred on the romance plot and nothing else.

But when it's done well and weaves into a larger story with lots of heart and meaning, I think it can be quiet important in giving that kick to a drama and making it memorable and likeable. :BulbaOWO:

• Like 5

@JenL Sweet Home - I'll be there to cheer you on! :pandahappy:

16 minutes ago, JenL said:

List of Oppas and performers who smoke with photos...Might ruin Oppas for those who can't stand smoking:

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/10-korean-celebrities-caught-smoking/

LOL no thanks. I don't want my heart to bleed again.

17 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also I think he's done films where he had to smoke and was hoping he could get out of it as he didn't want to die from the smoke...hahaha. So I'm guessing not!

That's good, he is that 10% with Park Go Gum who doesn't smoke.

18 minutes ago, JenL said:

Smoking/ drinking could be part of that social life

Omg, that, I really don't understand. A guy friend of mine tells me he only smokes socially, but now...? He's totally addicted. SMH. Not impressed.

20 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, he still gives off bad boy vibes, but I liked his character a lot in Kingdom

Bwahahahahaha! He does!! I enjoyed watching him agonised and flustered by Kim Hye Soo in Hyena and yes, he was good in Kingdom. So I guess even though I'm not into zombies, I'd still check out Jirisan :pandaheadstomp:

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also hope his co-star wouldn't have seen his waxing /clippings video

I'm more worried about his stubbles pricking his co-stars during their kissing scenes. Seo Hyun Jin & Ye Ji Won both complained on TV about their co-stars for Oh Hae Young Again. Freaking cactus.

23 minutes ago, JenL said:

But doesn't that mean he has to keep waxing for those roles anyway?

:eeeee:I suppose so. Maybe with oppressed teenager he can look scruffy. Like Song Kang in Sweet Home.

24 minutes ago, JenL said:

But when it's done well and weaves into a larger story with lots of heart and meaning, I think it can be quiet important in giving that kick to a drama and making it memorable and likeable.

Secretary Kim in general the public doesn't think there's much depth to it but I like how his trauma bit was executed and acted out by the child actors. They really made those scenes very creepy & traumatic. I like romance too when it is done well. I'm the same as you, I prefer the romance to be part of the larger story rather than purely just romance too. Pure romance likely to be mundane, petty, makjang or frustrating with triangle lovelines, bleurgghhhh. LOL I say this & soon on Jan 18 I'll be watching pure romance... :PikaWutS: It had better not be frustrating to watch like MTF.

---

https://www.netflix.com/latest?jbv=81386963

Oh hey, Ying & Yang Master is coming to NF. I went to China Charm to see if there's a thread and got completely intimidating by the amount of threads there! :psweatduck:

• Like 5

@mademoiselle @JenL JBG can make use of his facial hair now that he may do a historical :MewGiggle:....I am still thinking of him vacuuming his dining table ...

Since it is Run On day...let's admire ISW's English skills...he doesn't need Mi Joo here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I always think it is fascinating for singers to smoke because of the long term effect smoking does to you. I don't mind smokers but if they are involved in hard core drugs, it might be a deal breaker. No longer oppa to me...next! 

I agreed with the opinions for the cheating on spouse scenario too. I don't know why people just don't end a relationship before they begin a new one. You should allow the person you don't want to be with the opportunity to find someone better. 

On 1/12/2021 at 5:51 AM, mademoiselle said:

Oh hey, Ying & Yang Master is coming to NF. I went to China Charm to see if there's a thread and got completely intimidating by the amount of threads there!

Hahaha!! @NiteWalker's directory is the best in China Charms. It has all the dramas that has filmed/going to film and then list if we have a thread for them or not yet. I don't think we really have movie threads. You can create that one. Haha! I'm happy that it'll still get added to Netflix. I read that it was pulled out of theater after a short time because of some possible scandal that had nothing to do with the movie. :idk:

@abs-oluteM - LDH had a small role in Hotel Del Luna, but it was very impactful. He is the cutest firefly. Haha! 

I may have found a potential January oppa candidate in Tor Thanapob. He is a Thai actor. I finished watching his 2019 remake of Hua Jai Sila and really enjoyed his performance. 

eYHkuae.jpg

Spoiler

Kg2gcIG.jpeg

n66hFbK.jpeg

I mean, just look at his dance moves. :laugh:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I always think it is fascinating for singers to smoke because of the long term effect smoking does to you.

I wonder the same too! I always thought wouldn't the smoking hurt the vocal cord or reduce the lung capacity which is important for singing, especially musical/opera type.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I don't think we really have movie threads. You can create that one.

Bahaha I won't create a thread. I just thought maybe I'll drop the link if there is. Except I get :BulbaConfused: in there. 

• Like 3