3 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, this one is also pretty fineeee :hearties: Congrats! Good pick @abs-oluteM! Does that mean you'll be watching Doom at Your Service too?

Oh yes for sure....the title alone has gotten me intrigued....ahahahaah....

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

@JenL - Because of your photo, just realized that you like the school bad boy type? :smug:

Oh @Tofu I came to the epiphany yesterday that I'm actually quite basic and am like a majority of people on social media...I like the bad boys from high school dramas (who are all actually in their 20s and 30s) :letalQQ: Hahaha, I'm so basic...what a terrible realisation :laugh:

But luckily my forever Oppa is the ultimate good boy, Jasper Liu :laugh: I guess that makes up for it?

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

She definitely does.... @JenL so which Bridgeton bro is your pick? aaahahah 

Hahaha I don't like any of the characters from Bridgerton! If we're talking British drama, my forever love will always be Richard Armitage's portrayal of John Thornton from North and South :wow: 

I seem to have returning Oppas lately.

I've been a fan of Yoon Park since Age of Youth but have never finished any of his series since then (Dropped Search.... Birthcare Centre and Introverted Boss on hiatus) :laugh: I think it's because he's almost  never the lead role! This Australian Asia pop channel made a good list on actors who just seem to be permanent second lead and he is on it: https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2019/07/12/k-drama-male-co-stars-wed-love-see-lead-role

I just like him whenever he posts on Instagram :heiboi:

EbY0DFC.gif

The way he looked at Han Ye Ri

tumblr-okmng5-ZV4-U1rzk6m3o7-r2-400.webp

Also his dance moves. LOL:

tumblr-okmng5-ZV4-U1rzk6m3o3-r2-400.webp

gif credits: https://seokjinings.tumblr.com/post/156617156753/favorite-kdrama-couples-yoon-jin-myung-park

Another returning Oppa is Mike He coz I'm still watching The Devil Punisher. He is still pretty fine...the drama is not the best, but also not the worst. I think the base ideas are good...could be executed better. Sometimes the scenes make no sense at all...but eh, TW actors are sooo charismatic and they get me every time :idk:

MH.png

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL - Haha! Jasper is the complete opposite from the bad boy type. He is silk pajamas. :eeeee:

Yoon Park doesn't seem like he will ever move out of that supporting role category. He's been in weekend dramas and usually those have multiple "leading" roles. I liked him in Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life but they did him cold in that drama. He was supposed to be one of the leading couple, was in all of their promotions, and then the girl ended up with her ex-husband. I was a bit annoyed after I realized he wasn't ever going to win the girl even though he was the best out of the two. I skipped all the scenes with them and just watching solely for Kim Jae Young after. 

• Like 3

Yoon Park is hot in Search @JenL@Tofu, actually hes even more charming than the ML there... 

Okay, im not sure if this boyband oppa belong to anyone?

I love to see "whats on my bag" video. And was surprise, nowadays oppa also doing this? I found him more girly than myself 🤣🤣🤣... Buy several color of sunglasses just to mix & match?

Haha... do watch it... he's handsome but I think I need my oppa tp be more manly 😂

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yoon Park doesn't seem like he will ever move out of that supporting role category. He's been in weekend dramas and usually those have multiple "leading" roles. I liked him in Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life but they did him cold in that drama. He was supposed to be one of the leading couple, was in all of their promotions, and then the girl ended up with her ex-husband. I was a bit annoyed after I realized he wasn't ever going to win the girl even though he was the best out of the two. I skipped all the scenes with them and just watching solely for Kim Jae Young after. 

I pitied him in BLWL. The drama definitely did him dirty . Oh Min Suk turned out to become a fan favourite ( he was very charming I have to say) , so the writer must have succumbed to the pressure . I was reading on Naver that all of them wanted OMS & her to reunite. Actually OMS and the sister's pairing  was more popular then KJY and Seol In Ah's pairing in SK. I followed & recapped that drama live for 6months - see the crazy things I do for my oppa. I was obsessed with KJY for the longest time after 100 Days Husband. :pandablush:

Omg @SilverMoonTea he uses a tinted lip balm.....:MewGiggle:

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/23/2021 at 10:30 PM, Tofu said:

@JenL - Haha! Jasper is the complete opposite from the bad boy type. He is silk pajamas. :eeeee:

Hahaha you're not wrong! :laugh:

I mean, I could just be speaking as a long time deluded fan as it's not like I know what he does irl but I feel like he's not even trying to hide a bad boy image...he's like an over excited kid who likes sports and music and is quite introverted when not doing showbiz stuff (he plays with his dogs and makes a lot of art) :heiboi:

lu1cft3.jpg

On 1/23/2021 at 10:30 PM, Tofu said:

I pitied him in BLWL. The drama definitely did him dirty . Oh Min Suk turned out to become a fan favourite ( he was very charming I have to say) , so the writer must have succumbed to the pressure .

Whaaaaat?? Sounds like they did him a big dirty! :lettalKWA: I could never watch this drama now. Also, who gets back with their ex husband?? :shocked2:

There's a reason people get divorced and they usually don't forget it :smile:

Yeah, I feel like he sort of flitters out of second lead and and as you said, mild first lead roles in ensemble cast dramas. I think he was a main male character for Birthcare Centre but the focus was mainly on the female cast, a bit like with Age of Youth. His character was sooo swoonworthy in Age of Youth....but then he was only a cameo in the second season, which seemed like such a waste given the lovely will-they-won't-they romance in the first season. :ChikoWTF:

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yoon Park is hot in Search @JenL@Tofu, actually hes even more charming than the ML there... 

He's always charming :BulbaOWO::hearties: Hahaha, I never finished Search because I was bored in the first episodes, despite being a chicken...maybe I should give it another go one day for Yoon Park

@SilverMoonTea definitely not my style ! :pandawhat:.  His skin seems really flawless. 

I don't know who this is...but not my style either. Hahaha, I feel threatened that he is more into beauty and self care than I am :lenny:

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLI was bored today, so I try watching Before We Get Married... eh actually Jasper Liu sometimes like a bit Seo Kang Joon haha... 

Hahaha I agree with this actually. It's the Cheese in the Trap second guy, right? I actually came to the same conclusion the other day because I was looking up When the Weather is Fine and he's lead? It's on my 'missed but soon to watch' list because LJW.

Like they look quite different in a lot of ways...I think Jasper has more of a babyface and a friendlier smile, the kind that is like the sparkly eyed smile. SKJ has a taller nose and more pouty...But at some angles they do look quite similar.

mo1bWht.png

GqOX419.png

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

I don't know who this is...but not my style either. Hahaha, I feel threatened that he is more into beauty and self care than I am :lenny:

Hahaha exactly ....

Eh @JenLthis drama BWGM, so messed up bwahahaha...  your oppa is great seducer! Poor Wei Wei, she's already trapped by him. I'm already on ep 3... wow its quite roller coaster... 

Eh I think I might adopt him soon le :laugh:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Eh @JenLthis drama BWGM, so messed up bwahahaha...  your oppa is great seducer! Poor Wei Wei, she's already trapped by him. I'm already on ep 3... wow its quite roller coaster... 

Hahaha, it is super messed up!  I actually couldn't stand Jasper's terrible character in the first 3 episodes :laugh: I persisted mainly because I like Puff and Jasper from their first project and because they have really good chemistry in real life/ behind the scenes/ in all interviews etc.

Also I was curious to see how far they would take the chemistry given the trailers :smile: 

• Haha 3

Hahaha @JenLactually its interesting because he's so messed up 🤣🤣🤣... his acting is good, I seldom got impressed by Taiwan drama recently ...

Yeah the chemistry with Puff is good. Actually Puff with Aaron Yan was good too. I think Puff's acting is even better here compare than in Just You. 

Btw the OST also nice... I guess Jasper sing for it? I haven't investigate it. 

P.s JenL this drama hahaha wow crazy messed up, long time haven't see this messiness... lols... 8mil house discount, bonus the hottie? Hahaha... 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Okay, im not sure if this boyband oppa belong to anyone?

He was in Produce 101 (the male version) and landed a spot in the group, Wanna One. I think he was a fairly popular member too? I don't know much about him other than that. I know his other groupmates more: Ong Seung Wu (was in that drama that shall not be named :laugh:), Lai Guan Lin (he was in A Little Thing Called First Love which was actually pretty good), Ha Sung Woon (who sings the OST in so many dramas right now), and Daniel (their most popular member). 

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I followed & recapped that drama live for 6months - see the crazy things I do for my oppa.

OMG, did you really?! Hahaha! You know, I can totally see that. I attempted to do summaries for LoF but I stopped at 29, even Wang YiBo is not enough to get me through 51 episodes of summaries. :pandasadspoon:

Going back to the drama, I agreed that after you learned a bit more about OMS's character, you started sympathizing with him. He turned out to be ok, but I don't think I can get past the fact that he cheated on her! :shocked2:

@JenL - That silk pajamas photo. Hahaha!! I just adore Jasper so much. 

@SilverMoonTea - Welcome to the world of Jasper! You will have to watch Triad Princess when you have time. It's one of many of my favorite Jasper projects. It's only a few episodes long and I think you can find it on Netflix. 

Edit: 

Realized I missed this comment earlier. 

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

WAHHHHHHH?! Maybe his character might have been more charming but Jang Dong Yoon is love. You just can't compete with that, at least not for me anyway. :eeeee:

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL

I adopt your oppa 🤣 January haven't ended. He's lucky 🤣🤣🤣

Hahaha I'm glad he's in your first month of Oppas for this year.

You won't regret adopting him :CharmanderYay::eeeee::Party01:

I want a fully tally of all your Oppas for this month at the end of Jan. Mine has been easy...only really Hwang In Yeop :lol:

The cast of True Beauty asking Hwang In Yeop if he washes his clothes on his abs :laugh:

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Forbidden love?????? @SilverMoonTea  hmmmm . In what way forbidden? :lenny:

Very domineering smutty guy (who is already in a relationship) goes to seduce a woman he is interested in (also already in a relationship). At the start his character is like toeing the line with his handcuffing her against her will and constantly following her around...I was really uncomfortable with it :lettalKWA: 

This role gained Jasper lots and lots of new followers and his acting improved heaps from the past here (he was convincing even though said he was also highly uncomfortable acting the role since he said his personality is not like that at all!) But...his character does get better and is caring in the end and protects Puff's character.

Haha, it's not like I can talk since my interest in LJW started after Extraordinary You and that character was a total jerk at the start until he gains consciousness. On the whole though, I really don't like abusive characters and find the domineering CEO trope really tiring :PikachuFacePalm: 

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

@JenL - That silk pajamas photo. Hahaha!! I just adore Jasper so much. 

@SilverMoonTea - Welcome to the world of Jasper! You will have to watch Triad Princess when you have time. It's one of many of my favorite Jasper projects. It's only a few episodes long and I think you can find it on Netflix. 

Hahaha I'm glad @SilverMoonTea joins us in liking Jasper again. :hearties:

I liked Triad Princess too though I think a lot of people didn't like it because it's 6 episodes. I don't think it's finished either since the storyline isn't closed off?? I'm confused because I feel like it's at least meant to be 13 episodes (and probably was pre-filmed??) But nothing has been released/ no mention of a second season. Can't tell if it's because they want Jasper to promote it...or because Netflix don't want to make anymore original content in Taiwan (apparently all their original shows failed to get the ratings they wanted so now they just distribute ready made shows).

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

WAHHHHHHH?! Maybe his character might have been more charming but Jang Dong Yoon is love. You just can't compete with that, at least not for me anyway. 

Hahaha I haven't been charmed by JDY yet though I know so many people who love him.

• Haha 3

@JenL@TofuWhile watching BWGM, my mind just keep thinking, "Is there anyone able to resist daily seduction & temptation by Chu Ke Huan?" The moment you start to forget him, he will just nonchallantly appear to buy coffee in your nearby 7-11? :psweatduck:

So when it's airing, this drama must draw a lot of complaint? He's borderline abusive hahaha, he also put her in the height of balcony. Forced kiss her too, cos he miss her... Jasper's acting quite amazing, in the real life he's bullied by Seung Gi... bwahaha :laugh:

Triad Princess the FL not as cute as Puff, but maybe I'll try it? I heard he have drama with Shen Yue? This pair looks cute!

P.s January have 7 oppas. So @abs-oluteMcorrect, i'm changing oppa weekly. Actually even worse than that :PikachuFacePalm:.The tally details in 1st page 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JenL said:

The cast of True Beauty asking Hwang In Yeop if he washes his clothes on his abs

Hahaha!! The get along so well, that entire cast. Please keep posting HIY clips. I welcome them any time. :laugh:

1 hour ago, JenL said:

This role gained Jasper lots and lots of new followers and his acting improved heaps from the past here (he was convincing even though said he was also highly uncomfortable acting the role since he said his personality is not like that at all!)

I didn't watch the drama (quit after watching a bit of the first episode), but I've seen clips and I agreed that his acting improved. You would never think that Jasper would be able to act that out because he's such a kind person, but he did and he did it well too. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I'm confused because I feel like it's at least meant to be 13 episodes (and probably was pre-filmed??)

Yeah, I thought there was going to be a second season too but haven't heard anything about it. I think I'm a bit ok with that open-ended ending though. I can make my own ending for them. :eeeee:

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I haven't been charmed by JDY yet though I know so many people who love him.

He is a fairly new-ish actor, doesn't have too many projects. Have you seen Tale of Nokdu? It's my favorite project with him. Just look at how cute he is cross-dressing. Haha!

giphy.gif

But really, he's just very cute...haha!

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

P.s January have 7 oppas. So @abs-oluteMcorrect, i'm changing oppa weekly. Actually even worse than that :PikachuFacePalm:.The tally details in 1st page 

In your defense, you have a nice range of oppas, so it's ok. Haha! I only had one. :laugh:

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL@TofuWhile watching BWGM, my mind just keep thinking, "Is there anyone able to resist daily seduction & temptation by Chu Ke Huan?" The moment you start to forget him, he will just nonchallantly appear to buy coffee in your nearby 7-11? :psweatduck:

LOL I forgot about the extent of his stalking in that drama.

I wish Jasper would turn up at my 7-11 :BulbaOWO: Mind you, 7-11 coffee is considered cheap where I am. People are really into their coffee here, so Jasper would have to turn up at a cafe :laugh:

So when it's airing, this drama must draw a lot of complaint? He's borderline abusive hahaha, he also put her in the height of balcony. Forced kiss her too, cos he miss her... Jasper's acting quite amazing, in the real life he's bullied by Seung Gi... bwahaha :laugh:

Haha if it aired in Australia, I think there would be many complaints.

But, nah, I hear it was quite popular :lenny: I think it just aired very late in Taiwan since it was quite mature content. 

Triad Princess the FL not as cute as Puff, but maybe I'll try it? I heard he have drama with Shen Yue? This pair looks cute!

I'm not a huge fan of Eugenie Liu and I was really really put off by her in Behind Your Smile. But her character is fun and pretty cool in Triad Princess, so it's worth a watch. Always worth a watch for Jasper....pretty sure there's a topless Jasper scene in that one too :lol::CharmanderYay: Yep, Jasper's series with Shen Yue should come out soon - it's called Use for My Talent :BulbaOWO:

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha!! The get along so well, that entire cast. Please keep posting HIY clips. I welcome them any time. :laugh:

Since you requested @Tofu, here's another video from HIY's agency today.

Haha, his little wave is soooooo cute :wow::wow::wow:

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yeah, I thought there was going to be a second season too but haven't heard anything about it. I think I'm a bit ok with that open-ended ending though. I can make my own ending for them. :eeeee:

Yeah, it's such a mystery...I don't understand why they would leave that series hanging since it seems like lots of people liked it at The Swoon. But you're right...we'll just fill in the blanks :lenny:

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

He is a fairly new-ish actor, doesn't have too many projects. Have you seen Tale of Nokdu? It's my favorite project with him. Just look at how cute he is cross-dressing. Haha!

Haha, I don't often watch historical dramas, but I have a Twitter drama friend who loves that series so I feel like I've seen a number of scenes from it. Also a lot of JDY turns up on my news feed :lol:  I'm more of a Yoon Park fan....but that just means more JDY for you :laugh:

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLI think this BWGM maybe the best of Jasper Liu's work? Omg I love this drama. Perhaps because the premises all so wrong hahaha... 

I especially love when he look so tortured... 😂😅

Hahaha, of course you love it because it's so wrong and hot! Nothing is moral in that drama :laugh: 

I know your love for high-tension romance :lenny::heiboi:

Haha, it's weird, as much as sexy affair dramas are fun they don't really get under my skin as much as cute ones do. My personal tastes are intensely cute puppy-love stories (that are not melo), so my favourite Jasper work is still Pleasantly Surprised. Overall, the romances that have taken me the longest to get over have been Weightlifting Fairy, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and Do do sol sol la la sol...yeah, I'm reallllllllllllllllly into super cute romances :BulbaOWO::hearties:

• Haha 3

@JenLI occasionally resort into affair drama, but not that often. Actually the FL already really tried hard not to fall for him. I like that this won't go easy. 

Oh, so this BWGM not your favourite of Jasper Liu? So you know him even before this drama? 

He looks so good in suit too. Wah I'm in trouble :laugh: 

Btw her friend Han Kefei's character is also quite interesting. I think it's been long time, I didn't watched T-drama. 

Wah JenL, I think this maybe will go into my fav drama list! 

• Haha 2