1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle - I didn't think I knew anyone from Rowoon's group, but I looked them up and I actually do! I know Chani, He was just in True Beauty in a cameo appearance, maybe? 

Yes, he was! And you actually know him more than you know. He was Lee Je Hoon's brother in Signal (when they were young) and he was in Sky Castle. Apparently Chani was a child actor before idol days.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
On 2/4/2021 at 12:37 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

To be exact I have to live 72hrs without Jasper 😵, not because I want it but I was in external training for 3 days and now got buried by tons of job to do... If I'm lucky enough to catch up my work, maybe tonight I have time for him 😍

Hahaha poor you! May your work go smoothly so you can be rewarded with Jasper's beauty again soon :heiboi:

On 2/4/2021 at 4:08 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I remembered watching one of the BTS or news clip, the narrator saying that he as the RL bf has to watch his gf make out with another actor. He was there when they shot the scene and some ppl were teasing him as well. 

Ahhh yeah I feel like I saw a gossip new report of this too...in any case there was a report recently by Mirror media questioning if they were still secretly together....but can't find it now. 

On 2/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, ktcjdrama said:

The winner is Hwang In Yeop! :wow: Please cast him as a lead asap in a non-high school setting! 

How to not fall for him after watching ep.15 of True Beauty. SLS is kicking it so hard for me. And I am getting more and more lulled in by his deep voice 😍 

Yessss! Welcome to the club... I'm glad you've joined me and @Tofu

This one is so pretty and you're right...his deep voice is very soothing...I have a thing for nice voices :wow: 

IUjQ6HM.jpg

On 2/6/2021 at 3:03 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm still so in 💘 with JL. No new oppas on the line yet this Valentine's month.

Hahaha glad to see your love is still going strong. He will be your valentines then :laugh::hearties:

On 2/6/2021 at 3:03 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

so do with L Secret Inspector. 

Maybe I'm sliding into your Oppa pool too :heiboi:....I'm liking L (KMS) but not because I'm watching Royal Secret Inspector - I'm watching Miss Hammurabi and he's sweet in that. Also his character is so relatable in his "I hate people" mode :laugh: But still too early in the series for any deep feelings. We shall see if he makes it into Oppa list. 

On 2/6/2021 at 3:16 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@SilverMoonTea Maybe this is the year we all collect as many oppas as you ...ahahaha... I will have Rowoon for my Feb oppa @mademoiselle

Hahaha it's possible. Maybe having an Oppa tracker has influenced me to feel like I need to collect more. Oooh Rowoon...I take it he is doing well in Sunbae:SquirtleSquadCool:

23 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yes, please! I will watch that drama if he has a lead role or even just a role where he has a happy ending with someone. 

Me too! I'm sure he's made it into lead role status. He shot up to 6m followers on instagram...It's like KSH all over again! :wow:

• Haha 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes, he was! And you actually know him more than you know. He was Lee Je Hoon's brother in Signal (when they were young) and he was in Sky Castle. Apparently Chani was a child actor before idol days.

He's the only person I know because he has been in some popular dramas. I should just assume that all these younger looking actors are probably in some sort of idol group. Haha!!

I just finished The Yin-Yang Master: Dreams of Eternity and since I was talking to @movingwheel about it, here are gifs of when, suddenly, they (Deng Lun, Wang Duo, and Xu Kai Cheng) all decided to fight shirtless. Tagging @abs-oluteM to come check it out. :laugh:

f7628ad2428b8d61b1c2f2f16b4cdc78dfa370db

Spoiler

giphy.gif

5ff832c0c74bc610102bbd6bd1dec3dac094a8f6

Spoiler

giphy.gif

3f90b48fec0025dcf2811deddc3e11539e88a91b

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I should just assume that all these younger looking actors are probably in some sort of idol group

Either idols or former models hahahaha. Some actually exude the aura of idols (or more like very green acting?), haha, I'm not sure. Choi Bomin from Golden Child who is one I just automatically had a hunch must be idol 😅. Do idols earn more than being an actor? I am under the impression they don't since the money earned is split amongst like 12 of them and they have to train and work so much harder.

• Like 5

@Tofu I actually booked marked Yin Yang on NF because I saw Mark Chao’s name so I can watch it during the Lunar NY....I didn’t realise it had such a fight scene then :pandahappy:.  Maybe I should just watch it quickly. 

@mademoiselle I remember reading somewhere that they make more being in drama or variety. That’s why I guess many of them break into acting 

• Like 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle - I think they make more doing dramas. I always wonder how they do the finances though. If only one person is popular, does that mean his entire check is split between all the members? If so, that's a lot of pressure for that one member and also a bit stressful that you don't get to keep what you earned. 

@abs-oluteM - Yes, it came out on Thursday! Mark Chao was great, I want to be him -- a master who has his spirit guardians do all the work. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Hehehe I watched Yin-Yang Master last night too. They dubbed the voice which I didn't mind (this time) since I have no idea what everyone's voice is like except Mark's (which by memory was Canadian/Taiwanese accent). I think the movie is not bad too, I was already a bit acquainted with QingMin when I read a couple of J-manga. I LOL-ed at the topless scenes too thinking whether it was necessary, especially for Deng Lun. Kekeke. 

@abs-oluteM If that's the case then why so many young ones want to be idols? What's so attractive about that? Have to train so hard but don't even guarantee will debut.

My understanding is idols go into a contract of as long as 10 years, and they usually venture into acting/variety shows when they get older because they can't be idols forever (unless they can remain famous and the agency would want to continue with the contract). Same for models. That's why Siwan, Hyung Sik even Rowoon are transitioning to actors. SF9 isn't exactly as popular as BTS/EXO so the chances of them continuing as SF9 is slim. I think they are already splitting up into sub-groups now and do separate activities. Chani and Rowoon are most likely going to be full time actors soon (Yay for me). 

@Tofu I wonder the same. Maybe the agency will calculate the total earning per annum and then give them salary rather than based on who is more popular. But if they go solo on TV shows or CFs, then I would think that person gets paid more. It would be unfair if one does all the work and get the same payout. I was told by a JCW's long time fan that the hairstylist and fashion etc is not covered by agency, the actors have to pay it from their paycheck. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6
  • Star Struck 1
24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hehehe I watched Yin-Yang Master last night too. They dubbed the voice which I didn't mind (this time) since I have no idea what everyone's voice is like except Mark's (which by memory was Canadian/Taiwanese accent). I think the movie is not bad too, I was already a bit acquainted with QingMin when I read a couple of J-manga. I LOL-ed at the topless scenes too thinking whether it was necessary, especially for Deng Lun. Kekeke. 

i dont think it was necessary for DengLun sides....he has no scales to show **ahem**....though i gotta say his body aint too bad hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM If that's the case then why so many young ones want to be idols? What's so attractive about that? Have to train so hard but don't even guarantee will debut.

It is still a way to break into entertainment world. It is no guarantee of course ( just like not every actor can make it big) but the dream of becoming one (the glamour & popularity, the hope of becoming the next BTS  ) is still enough to fuel them to become idols. Sure beats working part time in convenience stores right.  Yeah it is true that as idols age , breaking into acting is the best alternative to keep their rice bowls. Many spend the best 10 years of their lives training & performing as idols. Hard to  go back to regular jobs

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It is still a way to break into entertainment world. It is no guarantee of course ( just like not every actor can make it big) but the dream of becoming one (the glamour & popularity, the hope of becoming the next BTS  ) is still enough to fuel them to become idols. Sure beats working part time in convenience stores right.  Yeah it is true that as idols age , breaking into acting is the best alternative to keep their rice bowls. Many spend the best 10 years of their lives training & performing as idols. Hard to  go back to regular jobs

I think it's probably hard to break into acting straight-out given that you have a lot of idols who are given drama roles due to their existing popularity, then you have those people who are talented and have trained as actors since childhood/ got into prestigious art universities etc....There's also people who are well connected to the entertainment industry through nepotism and of course existing actors who continue to get roles since they've broken through... If you're young and attractive, but maybe haven't had the chance to get into something like acting, it's probably easier to audition for an idol group than it is to become an actor straight-out. :thinking: Also I have heard of people who started as idols, didn't debut, but through being selected by the agencies were able to turn towards acting/ presenting/ modelling etc.

Don't know about Korea, but acting is definitely tough where I am. I have had friends who have gotten minor parts in Hollywood films, but it's still a pretty stagnant path (It's quite funny...once or twice I have turned on the TV to see a friend on screen :laugh:). Involves a fair bit of luck. But if you try out for those "Idol talent shows/ X-factor/ Popstars"...you at least have a burst of fame or the chance to be picked up by an agency that might get you hooked into a project somewhere.

• Insightful 5
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLI quite like Miss Hammurabi. I think Go Ara and L also have flying color superb chemistry. Their dance so cute.

Last time theres many BTS MV of them. But seems most of it get deleted now... 

Hahaha, they are quite cute together. Apparently still friends and sending food trucks etc :wow:

I'll have to search up the BTS videos! This "dance" was funny :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea I didn't know Ara was idol or idol trainee.

Haha, yep, she was with SM Entertainment for like 13 years or something...I think she won a competition? :thinking: Then she switched to Artiste Company.

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

How was Ms Hammurabi? I fell asleep watching it a few times so I dropped it in the end. I liked L in there (did I adopt him yet...? I cannot remember). The most memorable scene for me was Ara dressing up in all black Arabic wear to make a point. LOL. LOL.

Hahaha, I just watched that episode a few days ago :laugh: 

I'm liking the drama so far (currently watching). There is a fair bit of crying which can sometimes be grating to watch (a reason why I also avoid episodic medical dramas), but otherwise the way they think about the cases are interesting and GAR and L are cute. GAR's character's back story seems sad. I love a tragic backstory :letalQQ::wow2:

• Like 6

@JenLI'm still on ep 18 Pleasantly Surprised haha. I decided to go shopping on weekend, so havent catching up much. :pandatakeit:

So Kai Qi run to countryside and the handsome general manager running into her. :pandablush:

Why why they only upgrade him in nice suit when the show almost end? :pandalick:

feat2.jpg

Cr couch kimchi

Ps Oh help me... I'm still In Jasper Liu twilight zone... February still under his spell!! 

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif