6 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yeo Jin Goo and his apron, really sounds like disaster from the start.. haha...

Isn't that a "dream" that girls may have? Like men with women in nurse uniform or cosplaying teacher that sort of thing?

18 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I'm just imagining you staring at his gums close up

I believe I was taken aback, LOL... it was a moment of "OMG, you were perfect before!" :laugh:

18 minutes ago, JenL said:

The account that posted was a fan account...can't decide whether they edited it out because they don't want trouble...or they were in denial about it. I don't think it's a big deal, but I guess some people would be upset.

Hardcore fans are very protective. Did you watch My Private Life by PMY? Fans like her character takes beautiful pics of LMH, JCW etc., but they never ever share pics of them smoking.

21 minutes ago, JenL said:

But I do understand celebs trying to maintain the super clean image in Korea....fans are wayyyy harsh and you never know what can become your undoing. In one way, I guess it's good because people try to at least maintain a proper image so less bad influence...in another way it's bad because even if they don't believe in this image, they're forced to do it rigidly and they're less transparent on the whole...and scandals still slip out anyway.

JCW once shared an IG story of himself smoking on a hotel balcony. That stir up some waves. Like you said, some thought it was cool, while others said that's a bad influence. You can still find it on the internet, lol.

23 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hmmmm, maybe I'll wait a bit before starting...Rowoon is pretty, but I need more positive reviews to entice me! 

I'll let you know once I watch episode 2. For me, it's definitely not engaging straight away no matter how much I wanted to. Then again, I didn't get hooked on EY immediately either coz I remember I had to get used to Hye Yoon's portrayal of Dan Oh and Rowoon technically didn't appear until episode 2.

@abs-oluteM How's Hotel Del Luna 😁

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
Just now, mademoiselle said:

Isn't that a "dream" that girls may have? Like men with women in nurse uniform or cosplaying teacher that sort of thing?

Hahaha... not in my dream 🤣🤣🤣

Actually hard for me to look YJG in the same light after that lols

@JenLYour Jasper looked handsome. But I agree, the dance looked a bit awkward, not too much chemie. Isnt the lady Victoria Song?

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The apron & the wearer's hot body was perfectly fine but the story was just bad...and the FL ...hmmmm I cannot say anything positive about her acting. And actually I ended up shipping her more with the 2nd ML 

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LLOL, Rowoon was so skinny in EY before...

Honestly , he's so hot in Sunbae. Like I feel he has the perfect physique - he is the main reason I will endure the drama if it turns bad

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM How's Hotel Del Luna 😁

Up to eps 4 . Gonna watch eps 5 later.

So far okay the drama...I am patiently waiting for LDH scenes each episode. 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The apron & the wearer hot's body was perfectly fine but the story was just bad...and the FL ...hmmmm I cannot say anything positive about her acting. And actually I ended up shipping her more with the 2nd ML 

Bahahaha, @abs-oluteM enjoyed the apron. Kikiki. I believe this is the original - Jdrama also has this scene. And you know what? In the J-version, FL did end with the second male lead who was my J-Oppa, Mizushima Hiro. The one who plays senpai in Hana Kimi.

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Honestly , he's so hot in Sunbae. Like I feel he has the perfect physique - he is the main reason I will endure the drama if it turns bad

Hahahaha he's buffed up soo much compared to EY. The difference of his biceps are huge. I was disappointed the shower scene didn't happen yet. LOL. Usually it happens in ep 1! I really hope it doesn't go bad.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Your Jasper looked handsome. But I agree, the dance looked a bit awkward, not too much chemie. Isnt the lady Victoria Song?

It's actually Qin Lan. Jasper's and Qin Lan's part in the variety show is a bit.....not so entertaining. Haha! As much as I adore Jasper, I just can't get into their parts. There's another couple that's a bit more entertaining because they banter with each other. LOL!

Spoiler

@JenL - Congrats on adding your first oppa of the year! I wholeheartedly agreed with your decision! I'm not watching True Beauty but I've seen just about all his scenes. I guess YT knows I like him because they always recommend videos with him in it for me to watch. :laugh:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
On 1/19/2021 at 9:49 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL yay you are watching Sweet Home! I love that one so much. With regards to the k version of the Absolute BF..hmm that one was quite a disaster. Let's say don't watch it. 

Hahaha, still just on episode 2, but I'll continue watching when my sister is up to watch again because too chicken to watch by myself :lol:

I wasn't purposefully looking for Korean Absolute Boyfriend (since, like Boys over Flowers, I don't think I could ever watch it again) but it popped up on Viki for me...Did I see it say that there were 40 EPSIODES?! :shocked2:

On 1/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

LOL @SilverMoonTea was not seduced by the apron :laugh:

• Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha clearly "housewife" cosplay doesn't work on Yeo Jin Goo according to @SilverMoonTea :laugh:

I believe I was taken aback, LOL... it was a moment of "OMG, you were perfect before!"

I still love you, LJW :BulbaOWO::hearties:  Probably a little much, I might add :laugh: 

My weakness for charismatic guys will be my undoing, I swear :lenny:

Also, perfection is overrated :SquirtleSquadCool:

Hardcore fans are very protective. Did you watch My Private Life by PMY? Fans like her character takes beautiful pics of LMH, JCW etc., but they never ever share pics of them smoking.

Haha, I watched a few episodes in and then forgot about it so I guess I dropped it :thinking: But yeah, I remember PMY as the crazy fan girl! True, there's always those who will be super protective. I guess it's a mixture of denial (having spent so much time idolising the person they probably just don't want to see the bad things)...and also not wanting their idols to be in trouble/ cancelled/ being attacked by fans/ getting themselves attacked as a fan by other fans who want to protect the idol. Meh, glad I'm not that level of fan girl. I just like to collect/ translate/make sparkly eyes at my dramas :BulbaOWO:

On 1/19/2021 at 10:08 PM, mademoiselle said:

JCW once shared an IG story of himself smoking on a hotel balcony. That stir up some waves. Like you said, some thought it was cool, while others said that's a bad influence. You can still find it on the internet, lol.

Haha I remember hearing about that. The smoking is meh, if you do it, you do it...but I do think it's a bit try-hard to do a live video while smoking? I feel like I'd be weirded out if a friend video called me while smoking...so seeing a famous person do it is even more distasteful because it's like why? :idk:I'm not a fan of JCW anyway (though I've watched a bunch of his dramas before, usually for his co-stars). I think the racial controversy with Backstreet Rookie has made him even less palatable for me :HaunterOK: Might have been another reason why I couldn't get into Lovestruck in the City aside from the interview format.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:08 PM, mademoiselle said:

I'll let you know once I watch episode 2. For me, it's definitely not engaging straight away no matter how much I wanted to. Then again, I didn't get hooked on EY immediately either coz I remember I had to get used to Hye Yoon's portrayal of Dan Oh and Rowoon technically didn't appear until episode 2.

Well, keep me updated. Understandable - first episodes are not great because you're often not attached to the characters or immersed in the world. There are some dramas where I know after the first episode it's never going to grow on me. But for the ones I'm unsure about, my test is if I like it by episode 3 and want to know what's happening, it's in the rotation. :CharmanderYay:

On 1/19/2021 at 10:12 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLYour Jasper looked handsome. But I agree, the dance looked a bit awkward, not too much chemie. Isnt the lady Victoria Song?

Hahaha, I know. He's so pretty :wow: But I haven't really felt drawn to the show. I think it's also the fact that I don't watch Chinese dramas...so completely have no idea about the industry except for the main ones like Dilireba....so no idea who that actress is since I didn't watch the episodes properly...only clips on YouTube :laugh:

On 1/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOL, Rowoon was so skinny in EY before...

Wowww...he was skinnier! :MonkaTang:

I was disappointed the shower scene didn't happen yet. LOL. Usually it happens in ep 1! I really hope it doesn't go bad.

There is a shower scene??? :shocked2:  This is selling the drama now :laugh:

20 hours ago, Jane said:

I can barely keep up with Run On   Going back to work full time has really impacted my drama watching. 

Hope full time work is not burning you out and you're doing ok! Dramas can be weekend downtime :MewHi:

18 hours ago, Tofu said:

It's actually Qin Lan. Jasper's and Qin Lan's part in the variety show is a bit.....not so entertaining. Haha! As much as I adore Jasper, I just can't get into their parts. There's another couple that's a bit more entertaining because they banter with each other. LOL!

Haha, yep from what I've seen, the banter is missing. The clips I saw were very mild :idk:

18 hours ago, Tofu said:

@JenL - Congrats on adding your first oppa of the year! I wholeheartedly agreed with your decision! I'm not watching True Beauty but I've seen just about all his scenes. I guess YT knows I like him because they always recommend videos with him in it for me to watch. :laugh:

Hahaha Thanks! I must introduce you to this HIY fan edit :BulbaOWO:...The visuals are fine, but it's probably NSFW due to the song which is full of objectifying swears :lol: But you need to watch this with the music on loud to fully appreciate HIY: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMUzGbpnMU/

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

But you said your love for Lee Seo Jin and Lee Seung Gi are long-lasting... no? hahaha @SilverMoonTea

Long lasting is subjective in @SilverMoonTea's world...

Okay my Jan oppa addition- Kang Tae Oh. Good acting , handsome face, perfect height & built...what not to love ..aahahahah

1aae47edeb1a39498c871bed2d6f533ab1f6dd4e

I will look for this short OCN drama after I finish some of my dramas:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And @SilverMoonTea does that make us Wife #1 and #2 to Seo Kang Joon? :laugh: In the end, everybody's related.

My brown eyes oppas also ur darling? Hahaha, I didn't know you have interest on him? So who's no 1 and 2? Bwahahahaha.... I love him in AYHT, if u love him earlier you can be no 1 then :laugh:

What a small world... we all related then lols....

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

My brown oppas also ur darling? Hahaha, I didn't know you have interest on him? So who's no 1 and 2? Bwahahahaha.... I love him in AYHT, if u love him earlier you can be no 1 then

What a small world... we all related then lols....

Hmmm... hard to say... I like him in Cheese in the Trap but he didn't make it into "The List" until AYHT.

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Isnt Kang Tae Oh, 5urprise Seo Kang Joon bandmates? @abs-oluteMWe can be sister in law hahahahaha.....

Yes he is the lesser known member compared to SKJ, Gong Myung and Lee Tae Hwan....ahahahahah 

Oh yes I remember @mademoiselle also likes our BB Cream oppa

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Which one is ur KTO hahaha

Wah liao...they so damn young...he should be the one with black jacket with white design (skeleton bones) ....he grew up nicely even SKJ looks better now :lenny:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wah liao...they so damn young...he should be the one with black jacket with white design (skeleton bones) ....he grew up nicely even SKJ looks better now :lenny:

My oppa is the fairest among them and with the longest legs... even so dark & blurry, my eyes always on him only hahahaha.... 

That song so cute... I like it.

AbsM, watch ep 4 Busted too... hahaha... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Both @JenL and @abs-oluteM adopted new Oppa. I'm still in search for mine. :brb: And @SilverMoonTea What is this Lee Seo Jin in Jan Oppa? I thought he's your Forever Oppa?

Haha I am enjoying True Beauty more than I thought I would. The last two episodes have been really good on the humour and bromance and have upped my love/ oppa status for Hwang In Yeop :heart: 

Maybe also all these subbed BTS videos of him have also added to the love: https://www.instagram.com/inyeopsubs/ :wow:

Maybe I'm also just more basic than I think and I like bad school boys...don't make me pick between them though! :idk: ....damn, I'm disappointed at how basic I am :laugh:

qQhzgZi.jpg

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

But you said your love for Lee Seo Jin and Lee Seung Gi are long-lasting... no? hahaha @SilverMoonTea

Hahaha @SilverMoonTea we met through your love for LSG when we fangirled over Twogether....so at least that one has been somewhat long term :pandachamp:

58 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Okay my Jan oppa addition- Kang Tae Oh. Good acting , handsome face, perfect height & built...what not to love ..aahahahah

Hahaha, this one is also pretty fineeee :hearties: Congrats! Good pick @abs-oluteM! Does that mean you'll be watching Doom at Your Service too?

@mademoiselle still a week left in Jan! Hope an Oppa drops out of a drama for you :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4