On 1/12/2021 at 10:51 PM, mademoiselle said:

Omg, that, I really don't understand. A guy friend of mine tells me he only smokes socially, but now...? He's totally addicted. SMH. Not impressed.

Hahaha, I have friends who are like this. Mostly the idea is that they smoke only when they drink...and then they only drink socially. Don't know how addicted they are though! :idk:

Bwahahahahaha! He does!! I enjoyed watching him agonised and flustered by Kim Hye Soo in Hyena and yes, he was good in Kingdom. So I guess even though I'm not into zombies, I'd still check out Jirisan 

I feel like I need to see Jirisan visually in a trailer before I'm interested. I'm always a little confused about drama plots when they come out because they don't always make sense/ things are lost in translation...so I don't know if I'll like it! :thinking:

On 1/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Since it is Run On day...let's admire ISW's English skills...he doesn't need Mi Joo here

Hahaha I didn't realise ISW was in the same group as Park Hyung Sik! Also his English is pretty good...could give Mi Joo a run for her money :lol: I really wish I was more into the Run On couple. Not sure why I'm not deeply into the series like most people, even though I definitely enjoy the dialogue. But I do like ISW for posting matching Instagram couple shots with SSK....definitely would bring joy to their shipper hearts! It's so rare for male actors/ idols in Korea to post couple-y shots!

On 1/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @JenL Don't know about romance but he can't have bushy facial hair because he's supposed to be "He’s a dashing man with languid eyes, but the problem is that he doesn’t have any future goals." based on news report.

LOL again, love new drama and character descriptions. His character sounds real deep :laugh: 

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I may have found a potential January oppa candidate in Tor Thanapob. He is a Thai actor. I finished watching his 2019 remake of Hua Jai Sila and really enjoyed his performance. 

@Tofu This guy is soooo pretty :SquirtleNiceAhah: I've never watched a Thai drama before. Are they long? His dancing is pretty hilariously extra! I'm glad you found your Jan oppa!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Star Struck 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

46 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I didn't realise ISW was in the same group as Park Hyung Sik! Also his English is pretty good...could give Mi Joo a run for her money :lol: I really wish I was more into the Run On couple. Not sure why I'm not deeply into the series like most people, even though I definitely enjoy the dialogue. But I do like ISW for posting matching Instagram couple shots with SSK....definitely would bring joy to their shipper hearts! It's so rare for male actors/ idols in Korea to post couple-y shots!

For the longest time I didn't too ...then when I was checking out on Kim Dong Jun ( the CEO in More Than Friends) last year ( I really liked KDJ when he was in Chief of Staff) , I realise they were all part of ZEA!

I thought it so cute that ISW and SSK have all these cute IG posts ( ISW especially posts quite a bit of SSK) - lots of lovely fan service there. I think that it helps that they ( ZEA)  are not so active now - with everyone doing their own thing.  So there's no big issue for them to be openly posting these things. After all it is a good way to sell the drama

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

For the longest time I didn't too ...then when I was checking out on Kim Dong Jun ( the CEO in More Than Friends) last year ( I really liked KDJ when he was in Chief of Staff) , I realise they were all part of ZEA!

I thought it so cute that ISW and SSK have all these cute IG posts ( ISW especially posts quite a bit of SSK) - lots of lovely fan service there. I think that it helps that they ( ZEA)  are not so active now - with everyone doing their own thing.  So there's no big issue for them to be openly posting these things. After all it is a good way to sell the drama

Yeah, they were all in the same group along with Kwanghee, who does more variety shows. Im Si Wan and Park Hyung Sik were the two most popular members. Park Hyung Sik's family is actually pretty well off (his dad is on the board of directors for BMW in Korea), but he has made a name for himself now so people have forgotten all about that. Kim Dong Jun is athletic and got really popular when he did Let's Go Dream Team, a variety show kind of similar to Ninja Warrior. 

Don't ask how I know all of this, because I don't even know myself too. :eeeee:

4 hours ago, JenL said:

@Tofu This guy is soooo pretty :SquirtleNiceAhah: I've never watched a Thai drama before. Are they long? His dancing is pretty hilariously extra! I'm glad you found your Jan oppa!

In the lakorn, he was always in a casual styled suit and a nicely polished guy is always easy on the eyes. Haha! 

Thai lakorns can be long because they add unnecessary stuff and you can never keep up with the many plot twists. There are probably a lot of things I dislike about them (like certain assault on women that they tend to glamorize, etc.), but they are also fun to watch too. Their revenge lakorns are some of my favorites because they are ridiculously crazy that it's entertaining -- think Penthouse but crazier. Haha! The lakorns are slowly improving and production quality is getting better but they are still way behind Korean/Chinese in that area. The wedding scenes in most of them are usually very beautifully done though. Haha!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
7 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I have friends who are like this. Mostly the idea is that they smoke only when they drink...and then they only drink socially. Don't know how addicted they are though!

I think eventually you just get addicted because I have not known anyone who doesn't. Most people tell me they smoke and want more because they are stressed and it calms them. In my head, I just wish they could find other (healthier) outlet than smoking. Sigh.

7 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like I need to see Jirisan visually in a trailer before I'm interested.

There is a teaser out with Jeon Ji Hyun. Actually, I thought Jirisan doesn't have Ju Ji Hoon? Did I got myself confused and voted incorrectly, hahaha. Need to check later. Ok no, Ju Ji Hoon will be in it... 

---

ZE:A - After knowing Park Hyung Sik I actually listened to some of their songs for a while and then stopped completely. The love didn't last too long so I didn't YT/Google them that much. I just know at the back of my mind they were once a boy band. It was kind of weird seeing Siwan in boy band when I am more familiar with him as an actor. 

I think they have broken up, isn't it? They have all gone separate ways and signed contract with other agencies as actors. Siwan is with Plum A&C. PHS signed with United Artist (Song Hye Kyo & Yoo Ah In's agency). I remember when he signed with UA, his fans were saying he's officially transitioned to an actor now. I hope to hear his casting news soon. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm dead tired this week as on roster back to office. No new oppa lols. However I rekindle my love back to mr dimples

IKR ...my weeks are gonna be long looking at my schedule . But better not complain as for me busy means good news. If not no pay :pandahehe:....

omoooooooo @mademoiselle did you read this ? 

https://www.kpopmap.com/yeonmo-2021-drama-cast-summary/

"Yeonmo" (romanized title) also translated as "Affection" (literal title) is a romantic historical drama based on the manhwa of the same title.

SF9's RoWoon and Park EunBin are in talks for the lead role.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/15/2021 at 2:15 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I think that it helps that they ( ZEA)  are not so active now - with everyone doing their own thing.  So there's no big issue for them to be openly posting these things. After all it is a good way to sell the drama

I agree. I think it's kind of like if you're not an idol, or a big shot actor or on the climb up to be one of those big shot actors/ from a more controlling agency...you're probably good to post whatever you want, especially if it has good promotional value for your current drama. I always find it a bit sad that some fans read too much into posts...there might be some more fun BTS posts if there was more chill! :idk:

Hahaha, Taiwanese actors are the best in this department. Jasper Liu/ Simon Lian/ Greg Hsu/ Marcus Chang all do very good fan service when their dramas are on. They even do well even when not in a current drama. I like it when they post pics running into old co-stars at awards/ fashion shows/ just hanging out. Not gonna lie, I live for the Jasper + Puff (https://www.instagram.com/p/B0-h5cLgpUH/) and Simon + Vivian friendship and collaboration posts.:BulbaOWO::hearties:

On 1/15/2021 at 5:58 AM, Tofu said:

Park Hyung Sik's family is actually pretty well off (his dad is on the board of directors for BMW in Korea)

Don't ask how I know all of this, because I don't even know myself too. 

Hahaha, you have so much knowledge of ZEA @Tofu :SquirtleSquadCool: I feel like weirdly enough, I knew he was from a well off family...somehow I have seen his parents before on something - a variety show? It would have been around the time of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon which I was quite obsessed about :MewGiggle: Hahaha, the weird things we find out about them! (And who even knows how!)

On 1/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, mademoiselle said:

I think eventually you just get addicted because I have not known anyone who doesn't. Most people tell me they smoke and want more because they are stressed and it calms them. In my head, I just wish they could find other (healthier) outlet than smoking. Sigh.

This is very true. I have seen some people make it work for the most part, but not sure if they're also secretly sneaking out cigarettes when I'm not hanging with them... :MonkaTang: But yeah, like anything addictive, it's hard to just put a cap on it.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, mademoiselle said:

I think they have broken up, isn't it? They have all gone separate ways and signed contract with other agencies as actors. Siwan is with Plum A&C. PHS signed with United Artist (Song Hye Kyo & Yoo Ah In's agency). I remember when he signed with UA, his fans were saying he's officially transitioned to an actor now. I hope to hear his casting news soon. 

That's true, I remember than happening like 4 years or so ago...also not into kpop, but definitely haven't heard about ZEA for years and years now. 

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm dead tired this week as on roster back to office. No new oppa lols. However I rekindle my love back to mr dimples

Wait which one is your Mr Dimples? Your Japanese actor Tomoya Nakamura? Or Kim Seon Ho (seems to be popular nickname for him)? Doubt it's Jasper Liu (who also goes by that nickname) :laugh:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

SF9's RoWoon and Park EunBin are in talks for the lead role.

Wow, I like them both, but I feel like Park EunBin is stronger in the acting department...need to see Rowoon with improved acting to match. Hmmm, can I make myself watch a historical drama?? 

:thinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

https://www.kpopmap.com/yeonmo-2021-drama-cast-summary/

"Yeonmo" (romanized title) also translated as "Affection" (literal title) is a romantic historical drama based on the manhwa of the same title. SF9's RoWoon and Park EunBin are in talks for the lead role.

Yeah saw that. Posted in the Grapevines thread too. If it works out, good. If it doesn't I'm OK with it too. Personally I'm not sure if Rowoon should be doing full sageuk because Knetizens are vicious and strict when it comes to sageuk tone. I honestly thought when he and LJW did the sageuk in EY, it didn't sound fully traditional and official but I couldn't confirm too.

32 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hmmm, can I make myself watch a historical drama?? 

I don't remember ... but are you one of the Havenites who also don't do sageuk?

• Like 4

@mademoiselle @JenL I am not a big fan of historical for k dramas (don't mind them for c dramas somehow) but with the right oppa and pairing , I will sometimes. Really loved The Crowned Clown with Yeo JinGoo - such a talented actor ( I just started Hotel Del Luna !) . And for the love of my darling dimples Kim Seon Ho , I also watched 100 Days Husband.

@mademoiselle I couldn't find a nice LDH gif to use for my profile pic...it is KSH since tomorrow it is his fan meet!

Maybe my oppa revival will be Yeo Jin Goo. Loved him in Circle and TCC. I even tried my level best to watch Absolute Boyfriend

Though the show was quite rubbish IMO..but at least a lot of fan service

17e9b8c23be0ce82fdbee38eae1222d8.jpg

• Haha 3

@abs-oluteM How's Hotel Del Luna?

YJG - Tell me about it! He has hit and miss dramas. Like Orange Marmalade and Into the World Again weren't great. Absolute Boyfriend I had seen Jdrama version so I know it can be silly if not done well & the FL I had no idea who it is. It didn't look so promising so I didn't even want to go near it. Not even YJG's abs or nipples (per your picture), LMAOOOO.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Ur Jasper oppa dancing ? @JenL😲

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKJkRqBgtEW/?igshid=de6g0p0bttyg

------- 

You guys can watch Circle. YJG is great on it. @mademoiselle@abs-oluteM. Sci fi thriller. Normally not my genre. The last sci fi I watched probably X- Files ? 😂 But this one really interesting, have multiple murder cases too. 

I have already watched Circle . It was pretty good . I’m quite  a big fan of kim Kang Woo. It was the drama that introduced me to YJG that led me to watch The Crowned Clown. ( I strongly recommend  this as it is one of his best dramas if you have yet to watch)  

YJG’e performance in HDL actually not as strong compared to TCC

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

You guys can watch Circle. YJG is great on it. @mademoiselle@abs-oluteM. Sci fi thriller. Normally not my genre. The last sci fi I watched probably X- Files ? 😂 But this one really interesting, have multiple murder cases too. 

Lol already seen it at the time of airing. Loved the twist.

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I’m quite  a big fan of kim Kang Woo.

Is that the brother? If so, he was 😵 in The Treacherous!

• Like 3

Hwang In Yeop made it onto my Oppa list for Jan. Haha, it's his birthday today, so maybe I'm feeling soft  :laugh: I started following an account that subbed his portion of the True Beauty/ 18 Again BTS videos and HIY seems so nice and reserved and gave good advice to someone who was sad about feeling lost in their career. :BulbaOWO::hearties: 

Also since he's a newbie...I've pretty much seen most of his projects so no need to catch up :lol:

I'm surprised he's already got 5m followers on Instagram?? I think it's the power of playing second lead twice. Maybe it's his ability to pin girls to the wall.

aPxk5Mr.gif

gif credit: https://dmsdud8509.tistory.com/

On 1/12/2021 at 9:04 PM, mademoiselle said:

I believe LJW smokes 

You know, I was not looking for evidence about this, but the potential evidence popped up coincidentally on Instagram a day or so ago. Hahaha, me being me, I follow all the main LJW accounts on socials. I liked this picture below since it's him playing with a cute puppy and I think I was looking at the comments to see which project it was behind the scenes for...and lo and behold, eagle eyed fans had questions about the box on top of his phone :MonkaTang: The account actually took the photo down and edited it out before reposting, which I find weird since the original photo is obviously still floating around the net? I put the picture in the spoiler tag for context (and not to be killed).

Meh, it's a vice, but as long as it's not an act from the forbidden list, LJW is still an Oppa to me  :MewHi:....Also, he's playing with a dog and it's cuteee :BulbaOWO::hearties:

Spoiler

2qccjbH.jpg

@JenL Sweet Home - I'll be there to cheer you on!

Did I tell you that I started Sweet Home? 2 Episodes in so far...not as scary as I thought (though I still hug a cushion and make my sister watch also). Not super invested yet, but the characters are interesting! I'm still watching :MonkaTang:

soon on Jan 18 I'll be watching pure romance... :PikaWutS: It had better not be frustrating to watch like MTF.

This is me also....actually once The Uncanny Counter ends, all my live shows will be romances...but Sunbae, don't put on that lipstick is probably the most pure romance of them all. We'll see how we go...:idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

@JenL Oh yay, congratulations to obtaining (?) your first Oppa in Jan 2021! I'm still searching for The One. LOL. I don't think I'd be able to have one per month. Only ~6 made it into the list last year.

Re: LJW

Fans are truly eagled eyed! Thanks for sharing. I was 99% sure he does because during EY period I was watching it in HD and close-up, there's a scene he showed his upper gum and it was black which led me to believe he must be a smoker. This definitely confirmed it. The same thing happened to LMH when he was filming The Heirs. PSH posted a picture of herself with LMH at the back or something like that and he was smoking. PSH took down the photo later. It was too late we all saw it plus plenty of Minoz follow him everywhere when he was filming in the US and there were also photos of him smoking. However the Celebs still attempt to maintain that clean image no matter what. Yang Se Jong on the hand voluntarily admits he smokes (when there's no pictures of him smoking at all) and broke my heart for quite a while... :cry: Having that said, LJW is so young and just turned legal age not long ago. To have black gums can only meant he started really early, isn't it?

Sweet Home

:Party02::Party01::Party02::Party01:

So so happy to hear you've started! You'll :hearties: it; I guarantee! You'll be invested soon. The cliffhangers are awesome and soon you'll love the characters. It's so good that I wish more people will watch. @Jane Any chance you will check out Sweet Home?

Sunbae lipstick

Mannn, I'm so unsure about this drama after episode 1. But will still watch for beautiful Rowoon.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 1/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Its Lee Seo Jin @JenL hahaha... sorry to confuse you with my extensive oppas collection. I should specify next time.

Hahaha I was confused because you do have an extensive collection. :laugh:

I assume the oppa in your display picture is him?

On 1/15/2021 at 5:58 AM, Tofu said:

Thai lakorns can be long because they add unnecessary stuff and you can never keep up with the many plot twists. There are probably a lot of things I dislike about them (like certain assault on women that they tend to glamorize, etc.), but they are also fun to watch too. Their revenge lakorns are some of my favorites because they are ridiculously crazy that it's entertaining -- think Penthouse but crazier. Haha! 

Hahaha I think this would be too much for me! I can't do Penthouse :psweatduck:

I think I have a hate-love relationship with revenge dramas. If the person was done a dirty real bad and the revenge is justified and a fun, feel good thing, and cleverly done, I'm all for it...but if the revenge is just bad people being bad to each other and good people suffering as a result, I'd rather not see it happen :BulbaConfused:

On 1/16/2021 at 3:27 PM, mademoiselle said:

I don't remember ... but are you one of the Havenites who also don't do sageuk?

On 1/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @JenL I am not a big fan of historical for k dramas (don't mind them for c dramas somehow) but with the right oppa and pairing , I will sometimes.

Yep, I don't really like them...I very, very rarely watch them. It's quite weird since I do like British period dramas...but I think I got put off from when I was younger and watched a lot of Chinese Kingdom drama. They always had concubines who met terrible ends...and lots of plotting and revenge (haha maybe why I don't like revenge dramas)...and I guess it's just put me off for life...I know they're not the same, but the mind generalises with Asian dramas... :lenny:

But never say never. I feel like I've said I don't like many genres (sports, pure romance, horror)...and yet I still continue watching them :lol: I did watch Kingdom and that was set in the (fictional) past and loved it. And the plot for Affection does sound good. Also Park Eun Bin and Rowoon :heart:

On 1/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I even tried my level best to watch Absolute Boyfriend

Haha I didn't know there was a Korean one. I think I've done my time with the Taiwanese one and Japanese ones years ago!

On 1/18/2021 at 1:55 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha, yep! Jasper is doing a romance variety show where pairings write their own dramas....I tried to watch, but was bored with the episodes...have resolved to watching the Jasper bits on Youtube.

He always looks so pretty in a suit :wow::hearties:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Oh yay, congratulations to obtaining (?) your first Oppa in Jan 2021! I'm still searching for The One. LOL. I don't think I'd be able to have one per month. Only ~6 made it into the list last year.

Hahaha, Thanks! It's probably not as deep as some past loves, but I figured if I've watched all his BTS videos subbed then it's more than casual fling now and I should take responsibility :laugh:

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Fans are truly eagled eyed! 

I know right! I was just looking at the puppy. But when I did see, I screenshot this because I remembered our conversation :lenny:

21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I was 99% sure he does because during EY period I was watching it in HD and close-up, there's a scene he showed his upper gum 

Hahaha, I'm just imagining you staring at his gums close up :lol: 

24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Plenty of Minoz follow him everywhere when he was filming in the US and there were also photos of him smoking. However the Celebs still attempt to maintain that clean image no matter what.

The account that posted was a fan account...can't decide whether they edited it out because they don't want trouble...or they were in denial about it. :idk: I don't think it's a big deal, but I guess some people would be upset.

But I do understand celebs trying to maintain the super clean image in Korea....fans are wayyyy harsh and you never know what can become your undoing. In one way, I guess it's good because people try to at least maintain a proper image so less bad influence...in another way it's bad because even if they don't believe in this image, they're forced to do it rigidly and they're less transparent on the whole...and scandals still slip out anyway. :thinking:

29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

he started really early, isn't it?

I think even doing it for a year or two has it's obvious effects :thinking:

37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Mannn, I'm so unsure about this drama after episode 1. But will still watch for beautiful Rowoon.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll wait a bit before starting...Rowoon is pretty, but I need more positive reviews to entice me! :pandascared:

• Like 4