Monster/ Beyond Evil 괴물 [2021]

EqoppZ9XEAIG5Ir?format=jpg&name=medium
This sounds like a promising police procedural with a talented cast too. 

Synopsis from Asian Wiki

Lee Dong-Sik (Shin Ha-Kyun) was once a capable detective. He now works at the Manyang Police Substation in a small city and does all the tedious chores at the station. His life is quiet there. One day, Detective Han Joo-Won (Yeo Jin-Goo) is transferred to the same police substation. He is assigned to work as Lee Dong-Sik’s boss and also his partner. Han Joo-Won is an elite detective and comes from a distinguished background. His father has a good chance of becoming the next chief at the National Police Agency. Han Joo-Won also has a secret.

A serial murder case takes place in the small, peaceful city. The case is the same serial murder case that took place 20 years ago and changed Lee Dong-Sik’s life. The two detectives work to catch the killer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Director: Sim Na-Yeon
Writer: Kim Soo-Jin
Network: JTBC
Episodes: 16
Release Date: 19 February, 2021 --
Runtime: Friday & Saturday 23:00

• Like 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Cast :

EZ1Bz_4f.jpg

Shin Ha-Kyun - Lee Dong-Sik
Yeo Jin-Goo - Han Joo-Won
Choi Dae-Hoon - Park Jung-Je
Choi Sung-Eun - Yoo Jae-Yi
Cheon Ho-Jin - Nam Sang-Bae
Choi Jin-Ho - Han Ki-Hwan
Gil Hae-Yeon - Do Hae-Won
Kim Shin-Rok - Oh Ji-Hwa
Nam Yoon-Soo - Oh Ji-Hoon
Lee Kyu-Hoi - Kang Jin-Mook
Park Ji-Hoon - Kwon Hyeok

pic cr Sports Chosun

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Shin Ha-kyun, Yeo Jin-goo confirmed to team up in new JTBC drama ‘Monster’
 Aurora Bae   August 10, 2020

https://www.kdramapal.com/shin-ha-kyun-yeo-jin-goo-confirmed-team-up-new-jtbc-drama-monster/
JTBC’s upcoming psychological thriller series Monster has found its official leading duo in popular actors Shin Ha-kyun and Yeo Jin-goo.

Monster will tell the story of two fearless men who are willing to go through extreme lengths in their pursuit of a returning serial killer. In the course of uncovering the murderer’s identity, the two are forced to look deeper than what the evidence seems to suggest and constantly question the innocence of all the people involved in the case, including themselves.

Shin Ha-kyun will transform into Lee Dong-shik, a once was capable detective who has been demoted and ends up doing all the menial and tedious work at the Manyang Police Substation. Dong-shik was beginning to lead a peaceful life when Detective Han Joo-won, played by Yeo Jin-goo, is transferred to the same headquarters and becomes his superior. Joo-won is an elite detective whose father is a positive candidate for becoming the next chief at the National Police Agency. However, underneath his admirable qualities and high-societal background, Joo-won carries a long-kept secret with him.

When a gruesome string of killings that resemble unsolved serial-murder cases from 20 years ago shake up their quiet city, Dong-sik and Joo-won decide to join forces to catch the vicious culprit.

Shin Ha-kyun is expected to show the same remarkable performance that he did in Pied Piper (2016), Less than Evil (2018–2019), and Soul Mechanic (2020). On his next role, Shin shared, “I found the script and the character interesting. I’ll try to create a good drama together with the other actors and the production team, so please look forward to it.”

Similarly, Yeo Jin-goo, who is noted for his lead roles in the 2019 series The Crowned Clown, My Absolute Boyfriend, and Hotel del Luna, said, “I was engrossed in the unique storyline, which I think sets Monster apart from other dramas in the thriller genre, as well as the realistic characters and captivating flow of emotions. “

Monster will be helmed by director Shim Na-yeon of At Eighteen (2019) and penned by screenwriter Kim Soo-jin of The Light in Your Eyes (2019). Produced by Celltrion Entertainment and JTBC Studios, the drama is slated to premiere in the first half of 2021.

• Like 3

Yeo Jin Goo And Shin Ha Kyun Have Chilling Gazes In Posters For New Psychological Thriller Drama

by S. Nam

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Beyond Evil” released new posters of Yeo Jin Goo and Shin Ha Kyun!

“Beyond Evil” is a psychological thriller starring Yeo Jin Goo and Shin Ha Kyun as two men who are willing to break the rules and the law in their pursuit of a serial killer. The drama asks, “Who is the monster? Is it you? Is it me? Is it us?” The drama is helmed by director Shim Na Yeon, who worked on “Moments of 18” and “Han Yeo Reum’s Memory,” and written by scriptwriter Kim Soo Jin, who penned “Mad Dog.”

In the new teaser posters, Shin Ha Kyun and Yeo Jin Goo have deep gazes and appear to be stubbornly chasing after something. Shin Ha Kyun plays Lee Dong Shik, a former detective in the violent crimes division who has been demoted to a sergeant at a local police station. He is in charge of doing odd jobs at the station, but his life is turned upside down again when he reencounters an old serial killer case that shook up his world 20 years ago. Shin Ha Kyun’s cold gaze is filled with different emotions and creates a dangerous atmosphere. Furthermore, the frightening text, “The monster, is it me? Is it you?” also raises questions about Lee Dong Shik’s secrets and complicated character.

Yeo Jin Goo will captivate viewers as he transforms into the elite detective Han Joo Won. He has a keen and strong gaze as he chases after the truth. Han Joo Won comes down to the local police station in Manyang with a secret, and he gets caught up in a whirlwind of events when he meets his partner Lee Dong Shik, who is more monstrous than any monster. The text on his poster reads, “Are we the monsters?” making viewers curious about what the two men are chasing.

The production team of “Beyond Evil” shared, “Conveying a story with just one take of their gazes, Shin Ha Kyun and Yeo Jin Goo have incredible presence. Teamwork is most important in ‘Beyond Evil’ as it’s a story about closely chasing after the various sides of humans hidden behind an incident. As acting masters, the two actors’ synergy will showcase the essence of a psychological chase thriller.”

“Beyond Evil” is slated to premiere in February.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448291wpp/yeo-jin-goo-and-shin-ha-kyun-have-chilling-gazes-in-posters-for-new-psychological-thriller-drama

tSIMii8.jpg

Vv7gCCE.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Ha kyun is supposed to be a cop yeah? Lol the pictures makes him so suspicious haha

In an article on Soompi, this is what Shin Ha Kyun says about his character:

Shin Ha Kyun said, “Lee Dong Shik is a character who couldn’t help but go out of his mind due to his overflowing sorrow. However, he goes about solving cases according to his own method. He can appear to be sentimental, but he’s more rational than anyone else, and he can appear cold, but he has a warm heart. I’m trying my best to portray the contrast between his external and internal selves. I was deeply impressed by the script, which digs deep into human psychology. It’s an exciting project where I’m always interested to see what happens next episode.”

Maybe that is his "sorrow" and "sentimental" look? Haha! 

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

oh yay ! This is subbed. YJG is best playing these serious roles!

Low key people were suspecting that he have DID?cause of the way he talk to himself in the mirror haha but cool though! One thing I learnt. Those who started off as suspicious will ended not be the suspect. So...keeping my hands in my pockets. :pandacoolsip:and just wait for the answer. Haha

• Haha 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Article from: Pink Villa

Hotel Del Luna star Yeo Jin Goo is a complex detective with a secret in the latest poster for Beyond Evil

Spoiler

yeo_main.jpg?itok=QZU5N9yX&width=750&for

Yeo Jin Goo is coming back to our screens, this time as a detective was a dark secret.

JTBC has officially released the character posters of the two actors Shin Ha Kyun and Yeo Jin Goo who play the protagonists in the upcoming drama ‘Beyond Evil'. The drama is a story about two men who defy the law and do whatever it takes to bring down a serial killer. Yeo Jin Goo plays Detective Han Joo Won who is transferred to a small police substation in a peaceful town. His father is also an elite detective and holds high chances of becoming the chief of the National Police Agency. However, Joo Woon has a dark secret he holds deep inside. His partner Lee Dong Sik (played by Shin Ha Kyun) used to be a highly competent detective but now he lives a quiet life in the small town. However, their peace is threatened when a serial killer returns after 20 years.

Beyond Evil takes over the JTBC's Friday & Saturday 23:00 time slot previously occupied by Hush. The production of Beyond Evil shared, "The synergy between Shin Ha Kyun and Yeo Jin-goo is flawless. We're going to dig deep into the complex psychology of the characters and show the essence of psychological tracking thrillers. The best thing to watch is the passionate performance of the two actors". The literal translation of the title of this drama is “Monster” and the overarching theme can be represented through the question, “Who is the monster, you, me or us?”.

In the released posters, Yeo Jin Goo and Shin Ha Kyun can be seen staring right into each other through a glass window between them. They’re sharp and intriguing but there is an element of mystery even between these two characters. Yeo Jin Goo is straying from his usual type of roles with this character and it will be interesting to see how it works out on screen.

Just now, Darkarcana said:

Low key people were suspecting that he have DID?cause of the way he talk to himself in the mirror haha but cool though! One thing I learnt. Those who started off as suspicious will ended not be the suspect. So...keeping my hands in my pockets. :pandacoolsip:and just wait for the answer. Haha

I thought so at first that he may be schizo or bipolar . But it could just be a promotional thing

• Like 2

I know you can't see SHK's face in this first photo, but seeing the slight detail in his side profile is enough to tell me that he probably has a menace smile going on there. I think he does evil so well so while I want him to be a good character, if he has a bit of evil in him, he would do justice to that character too. :eeeee:

RTnOam8.jpg

5pZZFsB.jpg

Gafnd2T.jpg

yu36nbf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1