Havenites Dabang

On 11/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, mademoiselle said:

:laugh: That's funny. Now you want scary. I find the editing lacking thrills.

So which Korean films did you watch? Which is good?

Hahaha, I agree. I think the editing and pacing of Search was very slow, but not slow building suspense. Slow as in uneventful and even when I discovered something, I didn't feel shock?

Korean films I've seen:

Baseball girl - Very good - looks at a girl's struggle to get into a pro baseball league (Actress is: Lee Joo-Young from Weightlifting Fairy & Itawoen Class)

Family Affair - Good - Slow burn-dysfunctional-family-on the mend. Interesting film about healing

Moving On - Good - Another slow burn family-on-the-mend drama - this one is full of growing pains as it mostly follows a teenager

Me & Me - Didn't like it - Sounded like a thriller/mystery, turned out to be an Arthouse film which didn't really go anywhere?

A Boy & Sungreen - Very good - Whimsical film about a boy and his best friend who search for his father and make friends along the way. All the characters were super likeable.

By Quantum Physics: A Nightlife Venture -No real impression - I normally love gangster films, but found this one too complicated and long and didn't really form an attachment to any of the characters? (Actress: Seo Ye-Ji from It's Ok to be Not Ok)

Bring Me Home - Very good, but traumatic - A mother fights against a lot of obstacles to look for her child who has been kidnapped and potentially sold to a small fishing village, where he is abused and used as a slave. The fishing village has some evil people, I tell you.

Fukuoka- No real impression - This was was very Arthouse - A guy who goes to visit his friend with a younger girl who follows him. The friends used to love the same woman, who you never meet, but hear a lot about (Actress is: Park So-dam from Parasite & Record of Youth)

The Man Standing Next - Very good - Easy to follow, suspenseful political drama about the assassination of the 3rd president of South Korea 

An Old Lady - Good - A sad story about the sexual assault of an older lady by her carer and how pretty much no one will help her. The actress is Director Nah (JK's grandma) from Do You Like Brahms? and JY's mum is also in the film (also as a restaurant owner)

About to watch another film with Gong Yoo now!

• Like 9

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I am so so so behind on all the dramas I am supposed to be watching. I think I can forget about ever catching up at this point! I still haven't got to the last four episodes of ROY and the recent episodes of MTF. 

But I just finished the first two episodes of Start Up and I have two things to say. 1) I love the electric jewel tones of this drama. 2) Sign me up for the Second Lead Syndrome Club!

Or is Han Ji-Pyeong the male lead? I don't know! Because all I know is Kim Seon-ho's dimples! :wow:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Baseball girl - Very good - looks at a girl's struggle to get into a pro baseball league (Actress is: Lee Joo-Young from Weightlifting Fairy & Itawoen Class)

Where did you see this? omg my oppa was the coach. Can pm me the link on discord :yee:

10 minutes ago, Jane said:

I am so so so behind on all the dramas I am supposed to be watching. I think I can forget about ever catching up at this point! I still haven't got to the last four episodes of ROY and the recent episodes of MTF. 

But I just finished the first two episodes of Start Up and I have two things to say. 1) I love the electric jewel tones of this drama. 2) Sign me up for the Second Lead Syndrome Club!

Or is Han Ji-Pyeong the male lead? I don't know! Because all I know is Kim Seon-ho's dimples! :wow:

Welcome to the club. The thread has many with SLS like me. But to be fair to Do San , he's a nice person & you may feel torn as you approach eps 5 & 6. My loyalties are still with darling dimples but I know that Do San is the intended one for Dal Mi. So I try to have an open mind ...:heiboi:..not easy especially when KimSeonHo is my bias from days of old. 

53 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@Darkarcana i fell for ur YSY oppa... omg he's so funny & cute :duckhearts:

I will take this with a pinch of salt :KittyBan:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Welcome to the club. The thread has many with SLS like me. But to be fair to Do San , he's nice person & you may feel torn as you approach eps 5 & 6. My loyalties are still with darling dimples but I know that Do San is the intended one for Dal Mi. So I try to have an open mind ...:heiboi:..not easy especially when KimSeonHo is my bias from days of old. 

I can see my future! I was very charmed by the moment when he and Dal-mi (almost) met for the first time. But but but Ji-pyeong wrote all the letters! :PiplupCry: This is so tough! But I am kind of glad this drama will have a very credible tug of war between both male leads. More Than Friends didn't deliver on that as well as I thought it would.

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 3

7 minutes ago, Jane said:

I can see my future! I was very charmed by the moment when he and Dal-mi (almost) met for the first time. But but but Ji-pyeong wrote all the letters! :PiplupCry: This is so tough! But I am kind of glad this drama will have a very credible tug of war between both male leads. More Than Friends didn't deliver on that as well as I thought it would.

Yes , he wrote those letters. Dal Mi is in love with JP, that is what makes me torn.  This writer has a number of hit dramas that I enjoyed. And the story ( Start-Up) does not just revolve around the love triangle, it gets more engaging as it goes . 

MTF

Spoiler

Start-Up is much better written than MTF . I was punching the wall with MTF & had to drop it. Even darling CEO cannot save the show because it made no sense anymore why he was hanging on when he can clearly see where her heart is .

---------------------------

But let me sell 18 Again to anyone needing a good drama like Go Back Couple :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes , he wrote those letters. Dal Mi is in love with JP, that is what makes me torn.  This writer has a number of hit dramas that I enjoyed. And the story does not just revolve around the love triangle, it gets more engaging as the story goes . 

Yep I heard. I really need to get on with it this week so that I don't have to spoil myself anymore. Even my IRL friends are all caught up to the latest episodes! I am the last one left! 

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

MTF

Reveal hidden contents

Start-Up is much better written than MTF . I was punching the wall with MTF & had to drop it. Even darling CEO cannot save the show because it made no sense anymore why he was hanging on when he can clearly see where her heart is .

This was already getting pretty clear before the latest episodes. Sigh, his character seem rather wasted. No development except to serve as a competitor to Soo? I won't drop it but it might take me awhile to finish it if I am going to prioritise SU now. Poor ROY has been totally forgotten at this point. :PikaRIP:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

@abs-oluteM and @Jane: I am only committed to MTF because I made a big deal about the earring. Since Soo got rid of it, I feel like I have to continue to support him. Haha! MTF is bit frustrating right now because it seems like we're having the same conversation between all three leads repeatedly. The side characters' relationships are more entertaining at this point. :duckhide:

I also have yet to finish ROY too. I have two episodes left to watch. I can't bring myself to watch Hye Jun go through that knowing what happens at the end. :letalQQ:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

@Tofu I think MTF may have been better story-wise with 12 episodes. I think they are dragging it to fill up 16 hours. 

ROY ending - k nets seemed happy that it ended the way it did...hmmm . Maybe they like this sort of 

• Like 6

@Tofu Yes, you have to! HAHAHAHAHA! I really do love the side characters. Sometimes I think what if the show had been pitched like I Need Romance where the focus is on the three female characters' stories and how their different relationship types play out.

I have totally no clue about what will happen in ROY! I am spoiled a little about HY and JA but I don't know how they get there yet.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Jane said:

Hahaha oh @Jane I feel you! I'm so behind too!! 

Woo...glad you're joining second lead club. The second lead is killing me. I love him in all his guarded-self-denial loving of the female lead :PiplupCry:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Good morning!!! 

Public holiday here today yayyyyy. What are you guys doing today @JenL and @TRaNz ? 

So pumped coz I bought the ticket to watch Arashi online concert TONIGHT!!!! :wow::duckhearts::Party02: sooo excited! 

odgCvnu.jpg

Anyone's gonna watch this?? 

@Jane @abs-oluteM I'm not watching Start Up but I read some comments and I can already see if Han Ji Pyeong doesn't end up with the FL...there will be repercussions! LOL! I like Kim Seon Ho's dimples~~ and have finally caught up with 1n2d Season 4 (after abandoned it for a few months).. and he's there..so of course even though I don't watch the drama...I'm rooting for him to end up with FL HAHAHHAHAHA. 

@NiteWalker your brother test result how?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Star Struck 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Where did you see this? omg my oppa was the coach. Can pm me the link on discord :yee:

Welcome to the club. The thread has many with SLS like me. But to be fair to Do San , he's a nice person & you may feel torn as you approach eps 5 & 6. My loyalties are still with darling dimples but I know that Do San is the intended one for Dal Mi. So I try to have an open mind ...:heiboi:..not easy especially when KimSeonHo is my bias from days of old. 

I will take this with a pinch of salt :KittyBan:

Haha, very rarely use discord, so I'll explain here! I saw it for the online Korean film festival - it was the first film I saw! I think the films are only available for a  limited time (Ie. you can only watch it on the day its screening, but I've included the link just in case: https://www.koffiaonline.com/)

I have major SLS in Start Up because of the film festival (watching 2-3 films a day!) I'm behind in Start Up this week! But trying to catch up today! :PikaRIP:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, SnowBlob said:

negative :mine:

and i told my mom before his results is out i will ended up toasting him over the balcony lols....and better news is that his colleague whom is a close contact is also negative....however his colleague had been ban from coming in to work for another 1 week......just to be secure as it happen that patient was the colleague live in family.....so that is the SOP i guess

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Good morning!!! 

Public holiday here today yayyyyy. What are you guys doing today @JenL and @TRaNz ? 

So pumped coz I bought the ticket to watch Arashi online concert TONIGHT!!!! :wow::duckhearts::Party02: sooo excited! 

Anyone's gonna watch this?? 

@Jane @abs-oluteM I'm not watching Start Up but I read some comments and I can already see if Han Ji Pyeong doesn't end up with the FL...there will be repercussions! LOL! I like Kim Seon Ho's dimples~~ and have finally caught up with 1n2d Season 4 (after abandoned it for a few months).. and he's there..so of course even though I don't watch the drama...I'm rooting for him to end up with FL HAHAHHAHAHA. 

Hello @SnowBlob!! That virtual concert sounds so exciting!! Haven't been to a concert in age! Do you get online merch with it? 

I'm chilling at home today - I had the long weekend because yesterday was a day off too. So have caught up with friends for the last 2 days, so that was nice...and Korean Film Festival again tonight (Another 2 films...this time comedies!). And I'm currently working on some subbing projects for Dol dol sol sol la la sol :)

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 2

4 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@NiteWalker good news then~ negative yayy~ So no more worries. LOL why you want to roast your brother over the balcony :lol:

because he curse when he play games....and in the middle of the night...i was about to fall asleep when he started his rant that jolted me awake!! and i couldnt fall bk into sleep till around 3 or 4am later 

:wow2:

so toasting him over the balcony is honestly very very damn appealing right now

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1