Havenites Dabang

On 1/12/2021 at 4:07 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Lately I haven’t been monitoring Malaysia or Singapore’s number. So it’s worsening again huh? 😓

Singapore is alright. Cases are mainly from returning Singaporeans or people allowed to enter the country and are already in quarantine. Vaccinations will begin for the elderly at the end of the month and progressively to the rest of the population.

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM @JenL - I agreed! I think it is one thing to like and support your favorite celebrities, but it's unnecessary to attack someone who may not share the same view. :idk:

I always want to tell people: SCROLL PAST SCROLL PAST. Isn't it so emotionally tiring to fight with people? :ChikoWTF:

Ooh @JenL I missed the drama! I saw your the inital QRT, which sounded odd to me but I had no context to go on.

Also, hi hi everyone! Gosh it's been a looonggg weeek. I talked so much that my throat is so dry! Going to spam pipagao this weekend to recover!

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha love it that everyone agrees we all must have more Oppa. :yayaya::yoongibtscheer:

I think many of them actually do have alternative Oppa(s) but there's that one ultra bias they are over-protective of.

Well I can safely say that I do not have or will have any oppas in the future.

But I guess technically my fav actresses/idols are kinda the same direction. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
On 1/12/2021 at 11:14 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL have vaccinations started where you are?

But let's talk about fun stuff...Aaron's hair looks like it had too much gel or something @NiteWalker

Hahaha, I always end up replying to things in the Dabang thread, so if I forget to get back to you, don't feel sad...I just have worse memory than a grandma :laugh:

Vaccinations haven't started here yet....But I think they're about to get underway, it'll be older people first so I think younger age groups won't be till the end of the year or so

@NiteWalker Aaron's hair looks like it's got lots of hairspray....but hairspray after awhile makes it looked unwashed :lol:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 1/15/2021 at 6:07 AM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM @JenL - I agreed! I think it is one thing to like and support your favorite celebrities, but it's unnecessary to attack someone who may not share the same view. :idk:

It's so true! Those are two entirely different things. I'll never understand why people want to control other people's views when it comes to being a fan :idk: It also doesn't reflect well on that celebrity if their fans are known as the crazy ones!

On 1/15/2021 at 6:40 AM, MayanEcho said:

Agree with this, and not only for celebrities, but in general. Louder please, for the people in the back. 

Yesss!!! Actually that's true for everything! If everyone could have more tolerance for other views (as long as they are not dangerous views that incite hate or violence or abuse), I think the world would be a much more happier and peaceful place! :hearties:

On 1/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, NiteWalker said:

they will vomit blood if they are overly sensitive here......not to mention that we not only sometimes picks on details of the artist we support....

Hahahaha, I think because we're a little more objective/realistic here. I think it's normal and fine to like certain stars and still say things like you don't enjoy their current projects or that you support an artist but don't talk about them for months because they're not working on anything. Doesn't make anyone an anti/ disloyal...it just makes you flexible as a person :idk: 

I think some fans are over sensitive because maybe they don't have much else going on, so it's something to fixate on to fill in a hole in life? :thinking: And then there are those who worry about the celebrity getting depressed from antis....but as long as it's not a whole bunch of people who are nasty for no reason/ fake reasons and scarily obsessive, celebrities don't have the time to notice or care. I think most people know you can't please everyone with what you do!

On 1/15/2021 at 11:54 AM, MayanEcho said:

To the moon and back :laugh:

On 1/15/2021 at 1:37 PM, NiteWalker said:

cannot la....my voice not so loud lols....use loud speaker maybe?

Hahaha, so louuud  :laugh::lol: My hearing will be gone :psweatduck::laugh:

• Haha 4

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

On 1/15/2021 at 5:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha love it that everyone agrees we all must have more Oppa. :yayaya::yoongibtscheer:

I think many of them actually do have alternative Oppa(s) but there's that one ultra bias they are over-protective of.

More oppas more life :SquirtleNiceAhah:

This is also true. There's one oppa they will fight the world for :laugh: Meh, I like my celebrities, but I would rather not burn a thousand bridges with people around me for someone who doesn't actually know I'm alive

On 1/16/2021 at 3:20 AM, Jane said:

Singapore is alright. Cases are mainly from returning Singaporeans or people allowed to enter the country and are already in quarantine. Vaccinations will begin for the elderly at the end of the month and progressively to the rest of the population.

Glad Singapore has things under control!  :CharmanderYay: I feel like your country is very systematic though, so this would be the case. I hope we get to form a travel bubble soon. It's so hard for different countries to co-ordinate their times though! Australia's so big that sometimes it's fine in one state but terrible in another! :lettalKWA: At the moment my state is going ok, but not sure about the others.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:20 AM, Jane said:

I always want to tell people: SCROLL PAST SCROLL PAST. Isn't it so emotionally tiring to fight with people? :ChikoWTF:

Ooh @JenL I missed the drama! I saw your the inital QRT, which sounded odd to me but I had no context to go on.

Also, hi hi everyone! Gosh it's been a looonggg weeek. I talked so much that my throat is so dry! Going to spam pipagao this weekend to recover!

Hahaha, was twittertacked over an opinion (that it was good for an actor to probably take a break since he hasn't announced new projects/ posted anything lately). So controversial, right? :laugh: All good now though. Twitter can be such a salty place - I guess this is why I never talk about politics or life things on there!

Hahaha ahhhh, good old Piapa gao! I laughed when one of my Australian actor friends recommended it to me when I said I had an itchy throat once. I'm not sure how he found out about it but he said it had saved him many times when he was in stage production and starting to feel sick.

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Sigh. Some would still do it anyway, for the sake of being noticed. :PikachuFacePalm:

True. I also think people don't like to let things go :HaunterOK: They obviously have not learnt the main lesson from Frozen...

ZRZu2s3.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

but I would rather not burn a thousand bridges with people around me for someone who doesn't actually know I'm alive

Exactly! 

11 minutes ago, JenL said:

True. I also think people don't like to let things go :HaunterOK: They obviously have not learnt the main lesson from Frozen...

Sigh. This also. 

Anyways...Happy Sunday everyone! I'm making some early online order before getting ready for my week to start. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha, I think because we're a little more objective/realistic here. I think it's normal and fine to like certain stars and still say things like you don't enjoy their current projects or that you support an artist but don't talk about them for months because they're not working on anything. Doesn't make anyone an anti/ disloyal...it just makes you flexible as a person :idk: 

I think some fans are over sensitive because maybe they don't have much else going on, so it's something to fixate on to fill in a hole in life? :thinking: And then there are those who worry about the celebrity getting depressed from antis....but as long as it's not a whole bunch of people who are nasty for no reason/ fake reasons and scarily obsessive, celebrities don't have the time to notice or care. I think most people know you can't please everyone with what you do!

not much ppl can be very objective to be honest....they tends to on their def....sometimes being on the def is good or being caution is good....

however we should learn to take in other ppl perspectives then only there is a remote chance we can actually advance ourselves...

as i learn that we learn more from the enemy than from friends

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Totally unrelated topic...but does anyone here hard sub videos? Like putting the subtitles on the actual videos as opposed to through Youtube? :thinking:

I've always wanted to learn, but am not sure which programs people use. I also can't remember who does it here on Janghaven...hehe, please let me know if anyone knows! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like your country is very systematic though, so this would be the case. I hope we get to form a travel bubble soon. It's so hard for different countries to co-ordinate their times though! Australia's so big that sometimes it's fine in one state but terrible in another!  At the moment my state is going ok, but not sure about the others.

I hope so too but now I realise that the up and down of each state might be why a bubble hasn't quite formed yet. Still keeping the hope!

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha ahhhh, good old Piapa gao! I laughed when one of my Australian actor friends recommended it to me when I said I had an itchy throat once. I'm not sure how he found out about it but he said it had saved him many times when he was in stage production and starting to feel sick.

Hahaha! Good for him! It's my favourite go-to whenever I feel under the weather. It just tastes so good as well, who wouldn't want to take it!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, JenL said:

Totally unrelated topic...but does anyone here hard sub videos? Like putting the subtitles on the actual videos as opposed to through Youtube? :thinking:

I've always wanted to learn, but am not sure which programs people use. I also can't remember who does it here on Janghaven...hehe, please let me know if anyone knows! 

i did it once...however i forget the program we use to hard sub the subtitles.....lets me go dig if i can still find it lols oooo wait

@AwkwarDerp can you advise us what program you use to hardsub the subtitles into a vid?

@JenL , @AwkwarDerp stated it was 'avidemux'

• Like 4

@JenL - I've played around with it on Adobe Premiere but never really completed anything. It is very time consuming. I have so much respect for the people who spends their time making hardsubs for others. 

A couple of the dramas I'm watching are done airing this week. I'm happy to just watch one airing drama for a while. With how busy work has been, it's been hard to keep up with dramas. :pandasadspoon:

• Like 5
On 1/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, Jane said:

I hope so too but now I realise that the up and down of each state might be why a bubble hasn't quite formed yet. Still keeping the hope!

Haha, this country is too big! But I'm gonna keep the hope too...I mean, we need something to look forward to, right? :MewHi:

9 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i did it once...however i forget the program we use to hard sub the subtitles.....lets me go dig if i can still find it lols oooo wait

@AwkwarDerp can you advise us what program you use to hardsub the subtitles into a vid?

@JenL , @AwkwarDerp stated it was 'avidemux'

Ooooh Thank you so much for following this up for me @NiteWalker! I'm going to check it out and see if I can learn to hard sub :BulbaOWO:

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

@JenL - I've played around with it on Adobe Premiere but never really completed anything. It is very time consuming. I have so much respect for the people who spends their time making hardsubs for others. 

Yeah, I think it can take a long time especially if you're not use to doing it...someone I know does it using the instashot app on your phone, which is amazing! But not sure I could deal with doing everything on my tiny phone screen! :BulbaConfused: Hahaha, I'm not sure if I'll ever finish anything long...I've only ever soft subbed through Youtube, coz it's quick! But yeah, I have mad respect for those who do the hard subs!

Especially if they make all the fonts matching to the Korean/ Chinese texts on screen :wow:

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

A couple of the dramas I'm watching are done airing this week. I'm happy to just watch one airing drama for a while. 

Totally understand...a drama break is necessary once in awhile! I'm going to go on one too - gonna take a break from live dramas in any case...

She says...as she decides to start 'Sunbae, don't put on that lipstick' :lol:

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Not surprised these won

Hahaha I'm not surprised either! :lenny:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

14 hours ago, JenL said:

someone I know does it using the instashot app on your phone, which is amazing! But not sure I could deal with doing everything on my tiny phone screen!

Anyone who is able to do anything like that on their phone is amazing. I don't even like writing replies on JH using my phone. Haha!!

14 hours ago, JenL said:

Totally understand...a drama break is necessary once in awhile! I'm going to go on one too - gonna take a break from live dramas in any case...

She says...as she decides to start 'Sunbae, don't put on that lipstick'

I think trying to keep up with the 8 episodes a week of Legend of Fei definitely got me to this point. I don't know how people are able to watch dailies. LOL! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@abs-oluteM Seol In Ah is so good in Mr.Queen that her character irked me so much. Like I had forgotten about her character in BLWL. Kim Tae Woo too. I had forgotten his funny boss character in Spies :laugh:

ahahah...yes  SIA can do evil just as well as she can do cute innocent. Talking about BLWL....I miss handsome Kim Jae Young. Cannot wait for some news of his new drama!

@Jane did you see any updates for the script reading of HP? Nothing much right? No leaked photos so far....

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Jane did you see any updates for the script reading of HP? Nothing much right? No leaked photos so far....

Nope, no updates! I think it's super secretive this time round with all the new characters and storylines!

On 1/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, JenL said:

Haha, this country is too big! But I'm gonna keep the hope too...I mean, we need something to look forward to, right?

JENNNNN I just saw a report that said Australia isn't likely to open its borders this year even with the vaccination. Cries!

Edited by Jane
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Hey ya, how are you all doing? :smile:

@abs-oluteMRemember this couple? Sadly it seems to be a movie. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKLeCXUnpFz/ 

Good old days. Btw the guy is starring in a drama called 'Jiri Mountain' soon. Sounds interesting, maybe this will be my ticket back. 

Hellooo ! Yes of course I remember. By the way that guy’s career has really taken off over the last couple of years - he’s won a number of awards . 
yup am looking forward to Jiri Mountain. Hope we get an airing date soon . I definitely recommend Run On if you’re looking for a good drama . 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)