Bossam: Steal the Fate 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다 [2021]

Thanks for participating in the Love Wrap Event!

Points will be distributed shortly.

In the meantime, here is a translation of the pre-scene that @abs-oluteM posted above.

BW: Have you calmed down now?
(SK nods)
BW: I think it’s best now that you go back. Also, don’t come back here again. You absolutely can’t come here. Understand?
SK: But…
BW: If doing this, something bad happens to you because of me, then I really might go completely crazy. Please, do as I ask. Understand?
(SK looks down)
BW: Why aren’t you answering?
SK: Fine. I understand, so you make me a promise as well. That until we meet again, you absolutely won’t die. That you will stay alive no matter what.
BW: (nodding) Have you ever seen someone who died just because they wanted to die?
SK: I’m saying that don’t risk your life for my sake any more. Seeing you in danger because of me, I’m saying that I can’t bear to watch that any more.
BW: I understand. Whatever I have to do, I’ll stick to this body. I’ll try my best.
SK: Don’t talk so lightly about it. Please promise me properly.
BW: I will definitely survive and return to your side. Until then, please wait there for me.
SK: (nodding) I will.
BW: The things we couldn’t say, let’s say them then.
SK: Is there anything you need?
BW: I have a request.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3

Could only stream the last 10 minutes but kinda get the summary by reading this article on Naver

Though there's only a little moment to spazz in this ep, I'm optimistic about tomorrow's ep. Aw, we may get their first kiss? After all that they've gone through and finally meet. I don't think kissing is too much.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Spoiler cuts for ep 11

I should think this is after the jail crying scene? Anyhow she speaks to Dae Yeob. I believe she mentioned something about releasing Ba Woo's mum and sis. And if I understand correctly, DY asked her give up on Ba Woo but she is not going to do that. :MewWave:

(Yuri really good here )

Cute Cha Dol eating ...ladies look after him but I don't think he knows what has happened to his father. Monk comes and see her . Think they are discussing how to save him? Hmm Dae Yeop ( annoying me) turns Ba Woo over to his brother . But the face is covered. I believe at this point the brother doesn't know BW's real identity.

Spoiler

So BW's mum and sis brought to the father. I think the father knows their real identity ( not BW's) but the mum may have given something away by asking what have you done to my son. Then she realised her mistake and try to cover up. Dae Yeop knows this is a precarious scenario , so he quickly points a sword at her to keep her quiet and also to give impression he is on his father's side. 

Spoiler

DY came to see the mum & sis...he actually trying to protect them...quietly give them food

Spoiler

The poor mum - so worried even didn't want the sis to eat the food given , but sis too hungry. We finally get to see BW's face at the end ..DY comes to see him

Spoiler

hmmm it seems like the BW and DY are making some sort of deal here so that BW's mum and sis will not be harmed. I don't understand it enough to know what was the condition set

Hmmmm...DY at the end of the video mention something about making sure BW kill off the fellow prisoner by midnight. Oh my is the other prisoner put there to kill BW? oh it is the bookstore owner based on the Naver article that @1217akkum4posted above. I suppose if he doesn't kill this guy off , the guy might tell the truth about Soo Kyung being the real writer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

So looks like SY wants to go save BW but nanny not happy since it is dangerous

Spoiler

She received some book that gave her inspiration to leave for Hanyang immediately to save BW

Spoiler

BW so conflicted as he didn't want to kill the bookstore owner. Then suddenly a masked man broke into their cell and attacked them. Think the masked man managed to strangle the book store owner. BW fought hard...lucky DY came on time and both men fought off the masked man. Then after the guy left, BW realised he seen this guy's eyes when they were saving DY at the forest ( this is the King's bodyguard) . BW asked DY if this was ordered by his father - DY says no. Now they are wondering who could it be

Spoiler

Oh the next couple of scenes quite crazy ..she and BW's buddy sneak in to DY's house. She went to her 1st bro-in-law's room to search for something (keys??) ...anyhow she was caught. But I think bro in law was drunk. The vid cut off not sure how she managed to run off

She almost got caught here too...But DY saved them ...he wore a mask to fight off the father's guard so that she could run off. The guard was suspicious...he recognise the eyes..check on DY's room...luckily DY went back to bed in the nick of time

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Not sure if the order of the videos on MBN are correct, but that book is very important...can it clear off BW's name? Anyway SK went to see the official who was working for her father King ( the one who is from the West) and asked him to pass it to the King

And I think there's a way to save BW by letting him be used by the King who wants to take Vice PM Lee down . On the day of the judgement, BW was brought before the King. They took off the basket from his face. Vice PM Lee was shocked to see that it was BW. He remember that BW told him that his real identity. King wore an interesting expression...dum dum dum...

Preview...yes I think the King is definitely going to use BW - the "rebel's" son to get back at Lee. BW will be released and reunites with SK and Cha Dol. But it seems he and DY will enter the King's service and learn to use guns. Also Lee will plot to bring BW down...and OMG did BW get shot at the end? This drama has no chill

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

About that account book ~ it is the log of who bought and read the banned book. The Lee had an idea to revise the logs so that it reflects only the West people, and not people on their side. Remember Lee's wife also one of them who has the book, so her name is in it. WY made the bookstore owner rewrite the logs to exclude people from their side so as to bring downfall to the others. The revised log is the one he submitted to the King. The original is the one that DY and SK trying to steal. DY had it and he put it in SK's room. SK took it to KJB to exchange for restoration of BW's family. KJB revealed to the King that BW is still alive, then later on he revealed to Consort Kim that SK is also still alive. The two of them want to keep this a secret from the King though, intending to make it true by killing SK.

King's main guy told him that if BW still alive, and he is the same person he's seen with Princess before, that could mean that Princess still alive. That's when King had some ideas. He confirmed his suspicion when he saw Lee's reaction upon seeing BW. So yes, in the preview, King restored BW's family and get him into his service, with plans to take out Lee. It makes me wonder, could it be that the killing of BW's family is just the doing of Lee? and King not involved? Also, in the preview, there was talk about why is DY doing certain things, and WY responded to his father, could DY has found out a secret about himself? So maybe our guess that DY isn't Lee's own son is true after all.

Edit: Since @abs-oluteM already posted the clips and summary above, I will not do another recap of the episode. But if you need translations (ie. cannot wait for subs, haha) for certain scenes, let me know and I will share the subs of that particular scene. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Cannot wait to see the cuts tonight. Eps 11 still not subbed :cry:

Good spoiler article from Soompi here:

jung-il-woo-yuri.jpeg

After confirming their feelings for one another, Ba Woo and Soo Kyung will finally succeed in reuniting. New stills reveal the pair finding comfort in each other through an embrace.

However, more trouble awaits, as Ba Woo’s identity is the key to the conflict between Lee Yi Cheom (Lee Jae Yong) and King Gwanghae (Kim Tae Woo).

Previously, Soo Kyung did everything she could to save Ba Woo. She climbed into Lee Yi Cheom’s residence to find the ledger of transactions of banned books, and she brought the ledger to Kim Ja Jeom (Yang Hyun Min). By doing this, she was taking the risk of exposing the fact that she was alive, as she was believed to have taken her own life.

Kim Ja Jeom, who lost King Gwanghae’s trust, brought the Left State Councillor to his knees with the ledger that contained a record of Lee Yi Cheom’s wife having seen the banned books. He came up with a plan to turn the tables by restoring the identities of those involved in the Treason Case of 1613. King Gwanghae immediately opened a questioning and observed Lee Yi Cheom’s reaction to seeing Ba Woo’s face.

In the preview shown in the latest episode, King Gwanghae’s new strategy was unveiled. After restoring the statuses of those involved in the Treason Case of 1613, including Kim Je Nam, he said to Ba Woo, “Pass the military service examination and become the sword and shield of the ruling government.” Just when it seemed like Ba Woo would be able to take revenge using his true identity as Kim Dae Seok, King Gwanghae revealed his true motives as he said, “He’s bait. Bait to lure in Lee Yi Cheom.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Eps 11 still not subbed 

😓...

One tidbit to share, Jo was rather annoying last night. She kept pushing for SK to follow DY, so as to save BW. Whereas SK of course not considering at all, and CB kept protesting as well. He is our co-captain with Cha Dol as our captain of the ship. I can already guess that most probably later on CB gonna be so mad at Jo and only then that she will see him in new light and fall for him. 

About the pre-release, if they’re already introduced as husband and wife, wouldn’t they need to sleep in same room now that the mother and sister are around? 😁 to avoid suspicion 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama what is so cute is that SK did not deny she is Cha Dol's mum (seriously the kid is so adorable , I wanna pinch his cheeks). Then Chun Bae  was about to introduce Jo as his "someone" ahaahah before she quickly interrupted.  Lol!

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I am watching live now... a bit late

BW was brought to the King's presence in the palace. KIng asking if he's really the descendant of KJN. BW's eyes brimming with tears of anger. Later, Lee and WY had a talk wondering about DY, and that's when WY mentioned about the secret. Lee gave him instruction to fetch the aunt home (I think). And later, he also instructed his main guy to kill BW. He brought a group of masked people to the court to try killing BW but prevented by King's main guy and his swordsman.

Next day, someone killed himself. I think one of the people whose name in the log. Consort Kim reported to King, later Lee was summoned and King mentioned about the name of his wife in the log. He suggested something to which Lee reluctantly agree. He left with very long black face, while King was smiling so happily. Some royal meeting, where King declared to release BW and restore the family's name. Then BW is released with KJB around. But it seems that KJB has some secrets against BW, because BW looked at him in a rather strange way with some monologue.

King summoned DY and wrote some stuff and asked him about the writing. Not too sure what went on here. DY had his posture bowed down the whole time.

BW finally reached home, but looking rather sullen. Even Cha Dol's happy welcome did not make him smile. SK also face quite sullen. CB is the one smiling happily, he congratulated BW and Cha Dol, but he noticed the strange expressions of these two and asked, did something happen that he didn't know about. SK just turned and left. CB quickly urged BW to follow her, and he also held back Jo who wanted to follow SK, also Cha Dol. This guy! Thank you!!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

It's the beach scene. SK looking out to the sea. BW joined her. They had a little talk, then BW pulled her into a hug :wow: Then they're seated together. He asked what her name is. Then she asked him when will he go into the capital. Stuff like that. BW said he will do that slowly, but SK is against that, mentioning Cha Dol. Both looking so sad and tearing... why?? Could it be because that means separation and she couldn't go because she is supposedly dead?

Back home, CB is surprised to hear about the plan, why Jo and SK cannot joing them. So he decided that he will just stay put and be with the ladies instead of following BW into the capital. Just then, SK and BW returned, still looking sad. She went into her room. CB told BW he will take care of the ladies. BW said no need, Then DY appeared... SK is called out. The three of them talked outside. SK thanked DY for rescuing her the other night. BW also thanked DY for helping him to be released from prison. He then handed the letter to DY. Later at their house, BW and Cha Dol saying goodbye to SK, with DY present as well. Cha Dol said his goodbyes properly. Just as BW turned to leave, the King's main guy came on a horse. Jo was shocked to see him. Cut to SK and King in common clothes meeting off at a hill. She bowed down to greet him. King apologised in tears, SK said Hwa Yin has died already. King said some more, asking for her understanding. Both in tears. King called out her name/title, but SK corrected him again that she lives by SK now. King had a flashback of SK's request when she was a child. She asked to go somewhere. They had a great happy time, King even let her play horseback on him to go to that place. I think that's the same place that right now SK wants to live in. King walked forward and held both her hands that had become rough, he apologised again. He asked her to trust him again. Said some more stuff. This part is quite sad... They hugged.

• Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Back home, Jo and CB worrying about SK. Cut to BW approaching SK at where she was with the King. She is alone now. BW asking how she is. It seems that King given his permission or something? SK said something and BW is so happy, because it means she can follow him and they don't have to be separated.

DY at home, kneeling outside his father's room asking for forgiveness regarding the letter. WY and the other guy is there as well, asking him to leave. Lee shouted from inside angrily. Aunt came, and she mentioned about her son. So it seems true that DY is her son? Aunt wanted to go in but WY stopped her. After she entered, DY asked WY what did she mean by wha she said. Aunt is begging Lee to forgive DY and even willing to die for it. Aunt took a sword from the stand, took it out of the sheath, put on the table and asked him to kill her. The siblings had a teary and intense argument. If she's walking out of the room alive, means that Lee can forgive her son. Lee cannot kill her of course. Aunt walked out and ordered DY to get up and leave. Aunt and DY had a talk in her room. She scolded him to behave, but stubborn DY still want to do some things, Aunt warned him that this is already the last time she tolerates him, she will go to the King (or was it Lee) and tell him princess is alive. 

Next day, Lee in presence of King. Some talk, then King told him to release BW's mother and sister. The king's men fetch them. The mother even scolded and spat on WY, lol.... King's main guy looked stunned.

Then it's the pre-released scene. After that, they went inside, and BW and SK actually greeted the mother as a couple. When they're seated, the mother started her inquiries about SK's father, family, hometown etc. BW tried to stop her but she wouldn't hear about it. SK answered confidently. Mother reminded her that their family is of unusual history, asked her to be careful of her words and actions in future.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

When they came out, CB and Jo asked how it go. Then they talked about some arrangements. I'm not too sure about this part. Cut to mother and sister in their room. Sister so happy with the new beddings and covers. Mother is suspicious of SK's background. Sister doesn't seem happy too... hmm... looks like trouble might be brewing. Cut to BW and SK inspecting their room, haha... Cut back to the mother daughter talking more about SK, I think it's more about her hometown? BW barged in and scolded them to talking about SK. When he went out, SK was outside. She heard what happened. They returned to their room to talk. SK gently told him to not worry about her, that she will know how to deal with the mother. BW asked her if she's really okay with that. She assured him and then gave him a gift of yanban attire, hat and shoes. So sweet...

Next morning, BW dressed up in his yanban clothes and SK smiled to see him. They spent some time together, BW reading, she sewing. Then BW practicing gun skill with a guy, then he also practiced archery. SK came by to watch. Some sweet moments here. BW's hands slipped and couldn't aim properly. SK gave some instructions. He asked SK to try and she also slipped. She said her hands cold. BW held her hands, SK was shy, but he said what's wrong with it. He blew on them to warm her up, also put her hands on his cheeks, saying that let's keep this until your hands is no longer cold.

Then it's the archery and gun shooting day. A lot of candidates there, including DY. Lee asked one of the men there to shoot BW and made it look like accident. However, DY and the King sensed the plan because of the look that Lee and that man exchanging. King motioned to KJB to come near him and whispered something. Then it's time for BW to shoot the gun. The man who was supposed to shoot him pretended to drop his ammunition and bent down to pick it up with gun aimed at BW. He shot, and BW was down. He spit blood and the wound was on his left chest!! End of episode.

Preview: too fast... but BW is fine. He and DY passed the selection test and in the army garbs now.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

This is sad - he loves his daughter but he loves himself more. He has no qualms using her to defend his own throne. His tears feel meaningless and how dare he asked her to trust him again? Pffttttt

Spoiler

Spoiler

This scene so romantic...she teaching him archery and he try to warm up her cold hands , put her hands on his cheeks :wow:

She prepared the new clothes , shoes for him here

Spoiler

Omg the ending where he got shot

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1