Bossam: Steal the Fate 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다 [2021]

Sadly BW had to trade in his life to be the King's "sword" in order to gain freedom for him and his family. It is going to be a rocky journey ahead . The King has no issue using and disposing. Even SK doesn't trust her father as per preview. Plus Left State Councillor Lee will find every opportunity to kill him. Am also not a fan of mum and sis . With subs, they annoy me even more. Wait till they find out that SK is the princess.....

Anyway on to happier things .Eps 12 had many OTP moments . Their chemistry is no joke. Just them next to each other in the same room, you can feel the tension. He was so sad initially that they have to separate for awhile, fortunately things changed.  In some ways I was glad the King came to see her and that paved the way for her to follow Ba Woo. At least now we will have cohabitation fun scenes!

ahahah they don't know what to do here...may I suggest having some passionate scenes ? :MewWave:

E3X30NFVEAAPrIH?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahah they don't know what to do here...may I suggest having some passionate scenes ?

Jung Il Woo is a great kisser, thou shall not wasting the man skill 😆

I'm waiting for the moment Chun Bae's running mouth start disclosing Princess's unexperienced with man to Ba Woo lols. I wonder what he will do knowing this information? 😂

Haha I think our imagination all running wild. Cos so far we only feed with hand holding 😅

I also so in love with this couple, so they just skipping dating process alltogether and become husband & wife straight away. I was ROFL when Ba Woo don't even know her name. This couple also don't need confession part too? 

And pay me a visit on the shipping thread, cos they're just sooo gorgeous on-off screen!

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Sadly BW had to trade in his life to be the King's "sword" in order to gain freedom for him and his family. It is going to be a rocky journey ahead .

I still feel the king is unfair to his own daughter and others while Left Councillor is running free.  The worst part is the King knows that :mad:

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

ahahah they don't know what to do here...may I suggest having some passionate scenes ?

Jung Il Woo is a great kisser, thou shall not wasting the man skill 😆

Giggles, this reminds me of scenes where Princess worked so hard to write eroctic books but really had never done the deed herself.   its going to be totally awkward until BW Takes the lead.

Currently my plate is too full with dramas. Which is great!  funny thing I wanted to discuss with some one then I suddenly remembered come here. Lol

• Haha 7

What a good review of our loved drama.

'Bossam' hot performance → sensuous visual beauty, the reason why it shows its potential with each episode

Cr. Naver

The rating ain't bad though it's not satisfying enough and the reviews, they keep getting positive ones. I'm proud. I'm so into this drama that I change my phone wallpaper into one of their pics. @ktcjdrama what a great idea. 👍

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, 1217akkum4 said:

I'm so into this drama that I change my phone wallpaper into one of their pics.

LOL!! We’ve been bossam-ed... I changed mine too, not my main phone, but the broken one which can only be used on WiFi. 

Actually @SilverMoonTea I want to change my DP already. Since I put it as a wager, I should ask your permission first, haha... 

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

20 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

LOL!! We’ve been bossam-ed... I changed mine too, not my main phone, but the broken one which can only be used on WiFi. 

Actually @SilverMoonTea I want to change my DP already. Since I put it as a wager, I should ask your permission first, haha... 

I'm laughing... ohh pls pls change ur DP 😍😍😍 I confident will finish this drama anyway. So no need bet anymore. 

We should commemorate this @abs-oluteM, today is the day, Ktjcdrama "DPless", since she's born will put Bossam Couple DP. Yayy!!! :Party01::Party02:

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why the broken one? So you won't get caught by your friends that you've gotten bossamed, eh? Keke... Now I changed my DP too to SooKyoung. Wanna change it to mildang couple but am still waiting for an up close and intimate One. Haha... You know, so it will fit the small space of the DP.

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 minute ago, 1217akkum4 said:

Why the broken one? So you won't get caught by your friends that you've gotten bossamed, eh?

Haha, I call it my drama phone... I used it at home or whenever there is wifi, because the cellular part somehow cannot read the card anymore, but other than that everything functioning well. It's where I have my Netflix, IG, YouTube, etc, etc... I don't even install YouTube app on my main phone, lol...

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

10 hours ago, Mizv said:

Giggles, this reminds me of scenes where Princess worked so hard to write eroctic books but really had never done the deed herself.   its going to be totally awkward until BW Takes the lead.

aahahah I like what she came up with afterwards. Well since she studied so hard , maybe she needs to put into practice? :MewWave:

When do you guys think they will kiss???????

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

When do you guys think they will kiss???????

Soon soon...

I know the last scene was shocking to see, but my optimist side (knowing that our male lead couldn’t be written to die now) is thinking here comes TLC of the sick/injured by wifey 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Oh my goodness , this Ba Woo is crazy  @bluepebbles. You are right @ktcjdrama, how not to love this man. I cannot wait for this weekend! She should kiss him since he is injured. Helps with the healing - ahhahaha !

Yuri's IG photos getting noticed on Naver articles

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202106110116&t=NN

2021061109554705665d3244b4fed18217218612

This article from Newsen talks about why Bossam is much loved by the audience, attributing it to 

1. The way the characters are written particularly the leads and the strong performance of the cast in general.
  2. Unpredictable plot development  - I have to highlight this particular bit. I agree that this was a very unexpected way of moving the story:
    In particular, viewers responded that Ba Woo's identity reveal was completely out of line with expectations. The reason was that after the family's revenge, they deviated from the usual story of regaining their name and identity and reaching a happy ending. As Lee Yi-cheom and Gwang-hae-gun (the King)  each revealed their schemes to use Ba Woo as a political bait in different ways, he emerged at the core of their power struggle, and moreover, it shocked audience  with the ending where he was shot and collapsed.
  3. The visuals & beautiful landscape and the music (OST)
    In particular, the beautiful scenery of Korea, such as mountains, sea, rivers and fields, became the background to further maximize the emotions of the characters. For example, Soo-kyung, who had never gone outside the palace or her in-laws' door, was happier than ever at the beach she had seen for the first time.
    Even the background music, regardless of genre, triggered a search, saying, “That is another perfect music."
  • Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hello chingu-deul! So happy to see everyone discussing the drama. I remember when I first started watching it and asked on Discord if there was a thread and @Tofuso kindly started one. It's a great drama and I too can't wait for the next episodes. Such a pity the subs take a while to come up so it's often mid week by the time I get to catch up on the drama.

I'm loving the pacing and am happy that this drama is only mid way through cos there are 20 episodes! Hurray for period dramas that generally last longer than others!

I like how Bawu and the princess's affections for each other have grown naturally out of circumstances. The more she understands him, the more she cares for him. Likewise for him. But you know, it's all thanks to Cha Dol! He remains my favourite character. I love it when he comes on screen. I wonder if the Mum and Sister will find out more about the princess through Cha Dol who so innocently introduced her as his mother. I wonder who his real mother was though. It would seem like she abandoned him at birth. A courtesan, maybe?

And Dae Yeop. What is the secret that he holds? Is he actually the king's son and that's why he cannot marry the princess? It would seem like his real mother is his aunt. #itscomplicated

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

@gilaswanthis wasn't on my watch list at 1st since I had so many dramas. But I was hard sold by both @SilverMoonTea and @ktcjdrama. ahahahah...and I chanced upon a clip on YT . Now the drama is my favorite among the many I am watching. Usually I am not a fan of many episodes. But given the complexity and depth of the plot (plus the fact that the romance here has this tension to it) , I think they will definitely need the 20 episodes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I remember Knetz asked for season 2 of Bossam when it just aired 4 episodes 😂 The drama is not super popular in terms of media but the ratings said it all. Hopefully we can get more promotion contents from MBN and lead actors. 🥰

2 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

This one :scaredpanda2:

can Bossam come sooner ! 

Omg kudos to Jung Ilwoo’s acting skills. He deserves to be much more popular than he is now 👏👏👏

Edited by abs-oluteM
Removed quoted images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4
2 hours ago, traciennamon said:

I remember Knetz asked for season 2 of Bossam when it just aired 4 episodes 😂 The drama is not super popular in terms of media but the ratings said it all. Hopefully we can get more promotion contents from MBN and lead actors. 🥰

They say that MBN keep on rerunning Bossam. I think that's one of their strategies to target those who haven't watched the live show to get interested and raise the rating

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

For tonight:

"Jung Il-woo and Kwon Yu-ri start counterattack"

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0004955053

E3pfjl8VEAAAdrY?format=jpg&name=small

[Edaily Star in Kim Ga-young reporter] MBN 'Bossam' released still cuts full of excitement and warmth of 'Excellent Couple', Jung Il-woo and Kwon Yu-ri. However, unlike the atmosphere revealed in the image, it is foreshadowing that the two are preparing for a counterattack, amplifying curiosity.

MBN's 10th anniversary special project 'Bossam - Stealing Destiny' (written by Kim Ji-soo Park Cheol, director Kwon Seok-jang, produced JS Pictures EL-Rise/hereinafter 'Bossam') , and Soo-kyung (Kwon Yu-ri) can live with Bau under the protection of her father Gwanghae-gun (Kim Tae-woo). However, happiness like a thrilling newlywed life was short-lived, and Bau was shot and bled and fell while performing a special ceremony. Lee Yi-cheom (Lee Jae-yong) plotted a murder plan disguised as an accidental shotgun accident to eliminate Bow, who became Gwanghae's hand. The unexpected bloody ending shocked the small screen.

However, in the preview video of episode 13, which was released immediately after the broadcast, along with the fact that Bau was unharmed, there was also a scene where Gwanghae-gun ordered to "interrogate the criminal and find out if there is a rogue." In addition, it was implied that Bau and Soo-kyung were also preparing for a counterattack. In particular, it was revealed that Soo-kyung, “I bit the bait,” was planning something for Lee Lee-cheom. Soo-kyung, who promised, “Just as you protect me, I will do anything to protect you,” raises curiosity about whether she will once again demonstrate her own wit, which has reversed many crises.In the published still cuts, as if when he was hit by a gunshot, Bau wearing a hat and coat and pulling out his perfect visuals, and Soo-kyung looking at him with a bright smile were captured. Whether Bau was aware of Lee Yi-cheom's scheme in advance, or how he was able to survive, there are still undisclosed stories.

MBN said, "Bau and Soo-kyung are starting a counterattack," and said, "Please check through this broadcast whether two people, who are stronger than anyone else, can turn a successive crisis into an opportunity again to protect their precious people."

• Heart Eyes 1

Anyone else curious how Cha Dol came to be?  Like is the story about his mother running away true?  Is he really BW's son?  And I want full explanation of Princess marriage to second son and his sudden death - give me flashbacks please.  I sometimes feel like dramas drag at this point, as if they are just chugging along to get to 16 (in this instance 20) but Bossam has so much story left to tell us, I haven't even mentioned the the brother in law and his secret.  And can't end this post without stating the obvious - more passion please.  If we don't get an actual kiss soon.....

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, HerManyShows said:

Anyone else curious how Cha Dol came to be?  Like is the story about his mother running away true?  Is he really BW's son?  

I think it’s true that the mother ran away with another man. Because Cha Dol was not supposed to know about it, yet he found out nonetheless indirectly through the adults. So I don’t see why the adults would make up stories (for him to overheard) and keep it a secret from him if it were not true. If let’s say that is the story that they told him directly, then we can suspect the credibility of the story. 

29 minutes ago, HerManyShows said:

And I want full explanation of Princess marriage to second son and his sudden death - give me flashbacks please.  

I doubt the death will be explained because it does seem to be just an unfortunate incident. But we might find out more when the secret of Dae Yeob is revealed. There has to be the connection to that as to why the father didn’t want Dae Yeob to be the one marrying SK. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think it’s true that the mother ran away with another man. Because Cha Dol was not supposed to know about it, yet he found out nonetheless indirectly through the adults. So I don’t see why the adults would make up stories (for him to overheard) and keep it a secret from him if it were not true. If let’s say that is the story that they told him directly, then we can suspect the credibility of the story. 

I doubt the death will be explained because it does seem to be just an unfortunate incident. But we might find out more when the secret of Dae Yeob is revealed. There has to be the connection to that as to why the father didn’t want Dae Yeob to be the one marrying SK. 

Actually, I think Cha Dol's mother won't appear. It's just the state of things for Bawoo when he was living as a commoner. I'd think it likely his mother was a Kisaeng and it was a love lost (possibly to a man of wealth), hence Bawoo's disdain for people who only value connections based on status.

I'm also curious about the reasons for SK marrying her dead husband. Wasn't it said by her mother that she was sent away in a white palanquin which indicated that husband was already dead before she actually married him? Thought it was also hinted that the marriage was for some political exchange between King and the Left State Councillor.

• Like 2