• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SilverMoonTea

๐“‘๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“น ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ช๐” ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚. ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ธ. ๐“ข๐“ธ, ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ? ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“ผ,

Jane

I am always reading something! But in the past decade, I have been reading more non-fiction for my line of work rather than novels so I am afraid I won't be able to recommend very much books to everyo

bluepebbles

@SilverMoonTeaย thank you for opening this thread! Yay books ! ย  I finished this book days ago. It does wonders of serenity while reading each lines. It doesย not containย that long essays but

On 7/3/2021 at 5:19 AM, stroppyse said:

I don't read that much romance any more, but I used to read Judith McNaught, Kathleen Woodiwiss, and Julie Garwood who all wrote historical romances. And, of course, Jane Austen.

ย 

Who do you read?

ย 

On 7/4/2021 at 7:10 AM, Mizv said:

Julie Garwood is my favorite however Iโ€™ve read ALL her books and she hasnโ€™t written a historical one for a long time. Iโ€™m a fan of Pride and Prejudice theme.Iโ€™m a sucker to ย read anything that isย ย Mr. Darcy character. ย The best remake book Iโ€™ve read is By Linda Berdollโ€ฆ. Whew! have a open mind. ย I donโ€™t normally read Danielle Steele but The Duchess Is pretty good. ย  While searching to satisfy my urge for historical fiction I discovered contemporary British theme. ย So am hooked on Louise Bay series Books. the Royals and others British hot babes. ย if there is any books recommend please do tell. ย 

ย 

Oh I love love love Judith McNaught too! Her heroines are all feminine yet spunky, not damsels in distress, and the conversations are witty and interesting! Both her historicals and modern pieces are wonderful. I've posted Whitney My Love earlier in this thread. Paradise was another great one. So sad she is no longer writing.

ย 

I've tried both Kathleen Woodiwiss and Julie Garwood - but have not felt the urge to read ALL their books. Have read Jane Austen when I was in school.

ย 

Thanks for the recommendations Mizv, I shall check them out.

ย 

I've read a lot of trashy historicals just to pass time, so the list is too long. The few standout authors, where I read almost all the books written are:

ย 

TOP FAVES

Judith McNaught

Sherry Thomas

Eloisa James - all are good but this one is funny too!

ย 

220px-ThreeWeeksWithLadyX.jpg

ย 

Sylvia Day - she wrote the contemporary series "Bared to you" which was I think was miles better than 50 shades, except she had 5 books and it became too long.

ย 

20448515._SY475_.jpg

ย 

Next Faves

Elizabeth Hoyt

Sarah Maclean

Lorraine Heath

Lisa Kleypas

Loretta Chase

ย 

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

20210714-135136.jpg

20210714-135151.jpg

ย 

Rate : 3/5 โญโญโญ

ย 

Pick this up, as it looks intriguing. The cover and paper feels luxurious & pretty. Yes I judged book by the cover ๐Ÿ˜…. Not many pages (~200 pages), and have slice of life feel with some hint of mistery, as who is the girl in purple skirt and her follower's identity.ย 

ย 

SPOILER :

Spoiler

It's kind of odd story with odd ending. But somehow readable and you need to find out until it ends.

ย 

So the ending Supervisor Gondo is actually the yellow skirt woman,ย she's kind of obsessed with purple skirt.

ย 

I think the ending is a bit open for your own perspective (something I don't really like about), as I'm not clear who's the thief of the hotel's stuff actually.ย 

ย 

I think I won't recommend this. Eventhough it's popular and win a lot of award.ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif
ย 

20210717-104702.jpg

20210717-104713.jpg

ย 

Rate : 4/5 โญโญโญโญ

ย 

This book seems famous and I always saw it in bookstagram's feed. The mistery surrounding the missing woman will kept you go through until last pages. Didn't see the end coming.ย 

ย 

SPOILER:

Spoiler

Eventhough I paid attention to every character its really hard to guess that shes the one involved on all of this! Bea!ย 

ย 

I reduced 1 star cos its less thrilling then what I was hoped. It was more like domestic neighbourhood case goes wrong.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

ย 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ssteph said:

@SilverMoonTea I watched SSH & SSK's drama because her family owned a bookstore ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was sleepy watching it. If it didn't have bookstore in the story, I would give up...

ย 

Yes the bookstore setting quite nice. But the storyline quite crazy. All that cheating irked me a lot (and I'm actually can watch some affair drama, but this one bother me so much, sigh). All side characters also equally annoying. Probably Han Tae Sang is the only one I can tolerate. But he also sometimes no pride ๐Ÿค”

ย 

I think the only book related stuff there, when both ML quote sentence from book and put it in the blackboard outside the store. And book even become reason for cheating, " I want to pick up some more books". -> FL go upstairs and hug 2nd ML. Duh ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

ย 

@mademoiselle๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ˜ต

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ย 

• 2 weeks later...

@SilverMoonTeaย same. I slow down too ๐Ÿ˜‚ K-dramas and SJK distract me ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I keep buying books just to stack them on my room.

ย 

I remember this Japanese word : tsundoku

ย 

Tsundoku (Japanese: ็ฉใ‚“่ชญ) is acquiring reading materials but letting them pile up in one's home without reading them. It is also used to refer to books ready for reading later when they are on a bookshelf.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundoku

ย 

Tsundoku: The art of buying books and never reading them

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-44981013.amp

ย 

The art ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've been very slowly reading this and finally finished it. The ending is truly remarkable, very clever. The novel been very popular and win many prizes.ย 

ย 

20210825-221500.jpg

ย 

The story is based on childhood stories Little Red Riding Hoods, one day 7 kids able to enter into the castle from their mirror in the house. It's story about friendship, bullying, family problem and how they able to get stronger from their meeting.ย 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

ย 

• 2 weeks later...

[Review] Very Good Lives - J.K. Rowling

(Non fiction book)

ย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9XTY8jQTqRgSDTjorr33

ย 

I read this book in Indonesian translation version. The book is thin, hard cover, a lot of illustrations inside.

ย 

This is actually J.K. Rowlingโ€™s speech at Harvard University in 2008. The theme is benefits of failure and importance of imagination. She shares her experiences in her life. There are many good quotes.

ย 

Failures can make us know the only one thing we can do very well. Imagination can make us feel and put ourselves in position of people whose life is different from us. With imagination she hopes we can make a change in peopleโ€™s life and make this world a better place.

ย 

Some good quotes :

ย 

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all โ€“ in which case, you fail by default."

ย 

"Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me. Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found the determination to succeed in the one arena I believed I truly belonged."

ย 

"Unlike any other creature on this planet, human beings can learn and understand without having experienced. They can think themselves into other peoplesโ€™ placesโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. And many prefer not to exercise their imaginations at all. They choose to remain comfortably within the bounds of their own experience, never troubling to wonder how it would feel to have been born other than they are. They can refuse to hear screams or peer inside cages. They can close their hearts and minds to any suffering that does not touch them personally. They can refuse to know."

ย 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently reading "The Last Flight" by Julie Clark. The premise is that 2 women, Claire and Eva, who are both in tough circumstances and want to disappear from their own lives, exchange tickets at an airport, so that each woman is going to the other woman's destination. However, one of the planes crashes on its way to its destination while the other plane makes it.

ย 

The story is told in flashback and in the current time as well, telling the stories of why both women wanted to leave their own lives. Claire who arrives safely at her exchanged destination then has to figure out how to survive. Eva on the plane that crashes seems to disappear in that she's not in the seat that she had been assigned, and we don't find out what really happened to her until the very end of the book.

ย 

It's an interesting story, with most of the book describing how the women got to their state of desperation, as well as how they ended up meeting at the airport. At 269 pages, it's a fast read, and good for summer reading when you just want to chill with a book.

• Clapping Hands 1