One & Only, Forever and Ever / 一生一世美人骨 l 周生如故 [2021]

They make one of the most classy wangye wangfei look of the year!!!

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The OST List

As It Is - Zhang Bichen 

As One - Ren Jia Lun 

I think they will make the title start with As..... So thoughtful & poetic. 

His voice just too pretty.... 

@SnTYes, Allen Ren has charm that hard to decipher. Start to noticed him from Under The Power. Miss Crow & Mr Lizard seal the deal for me. 

I think his ori voice is more gentle. They prob meed a older deeper voice. Bailu voice is dubbed too i think. Her original voice is deeper. Guess they need a more girly voice here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

The cousin brother and General Hong love confession is really sad. That she is an orphan seems to make her should not be loved, and he with his high status can't be true to his own feelings. The theme for this drama is loud and clear, that the division of the status and clans is really important.

All of marriage here seems to be within arrangements. Even Shiyi's father entered into Cui's resident just to be with Shiyi's mom and was rejected in proposing before because of his humble background. 

The love between Shi Yi and Zhousheng Chen only can be masked as disciple and master. Seems both of them haven't even realized the depth of that love. 

• Heart Eyes 3
  • Sad 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Ah @Tofu @SilverMoonTea I watched until ep 8 last night, 2 eps before the next episodes air tonight. 

I cant stop smiling seeing this shifu trying to calm his diciple who pretend to be sick. Awww.. why he is so handsome, didnt he know his smile was shooting right through my heart!!! She called him by his name, aww.. this clueless shifu, I dont know whether he is really cluess or he really thinks that she admires him as her shifu. I never call my teachers by their names however close we are. LOL.

The one that should be the king after the late king died is actually prince Nan Cheng, if the cocubine didnt rush to take the throne I think NC probably the best candidate. Seeing how young and unskilkedful the king was then. 

Oh he took his councellor, he wont come back with hin to Xishou. I see both ZSC and him are getting close, they just like son and father. Too bad he cant disobey the king's order. But at least the king pick the right man to assist him. He is easily swayed and manipulated, and that guangling will influence him for his revenge to get his obsession for sure. 

They used marriage proposal as their politic agreement to defend their clan and family safety, they always come up with this in the end. But this is really not a good solution in the end. And you see the actor who plays CF always ended up trapping in a marriage arrangement. But here his character is much likeable, poor CF confessing his love while saying goodbye. 

Okay, can we talk a bit how the junior general, err what is her rank again? Who leads the troops to enter the gate of the city?? She's a scene stealer!! So cool ah, love that spunky and confidence expressions she had while trotting her horse forward. The rest of her family member at the back comment how great her acting is. Hahaa. I rewind the scenes once more to appreciate the moment. 

Actually I have many things to say but now I forgot what to write here. Lols. 

@UnniSara You watched it! Yea.. I love to see how disbelief he was looking at her fallen asleep so happily. Oooh yaaa.. :wow:

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SnT @Alice Wonderland I know I shouldn't be surprised because I've watched many historical dramas to know, but every time I think about how much of the norm marriage arrangements for political gains were back then. Marriage kept groups from having too much power and making sure the power stayed within certain families. I felt really bad for Cui Feng and the Princess who were forced into a loveless marriage. Also, felt so bad watching Xiao Yu cry because Cui Feng loved her so much but they couldn't be together. :cry:

@IpohBanana I like Bai Lu too! I think she's doing a great job as Shiyi same with Ren Jialun as Zhousheng Chen too. I wanted to see Ren Jialun as historical time Zhousheng Chen and Bai Lu as the modern time Shiyi the most coming into this. Hopefully, you join us soon, maybe when Sweet Teeth is over? :smug:

45 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Okay, can we talk a bit how the junior general, err what is her rank again? Who leads the troops to enter the gate of the city?? She's a scene stealer!! So cool ah, love that spunky and confidence expressions she had while trotting her horse forward. The rest of her family member at the back comment how great her acting is. Hahaa. I rewind the scenes once more to appreciate the moment. 

Feng Xiao! I loved that scene too. I think one of the character said that she had so much confident holding that piece of fake paper. Haha! I think she's fantastic and I love seeing her buddying relationship with the monk. 

I appreciate it a lot that there are two female generals in Xiao Nanchen Prince's army. They don't often get representation in historical dramas so I found this very refreshing to see. I also like that General Feng Xiao was the one to bring down the enemy's general in episode 10. Good for her! :LarvitarSDab1:

@SilverMoonTea I think the running theme is forbidden everything! So many forbidden loves -- between Zhousheng Chen and Shiyi, Xiao Yu and Cui Feng, possibly Feng Xiao and the monk too. Does Xie Yun (the cheeky boy general) like Feng Xiao? Will that be a forbidden love too? :laugh:

@UnniSara Yay, you started!! :heart: That scene was funny! Hahaha! 

Because filming for One and Only took place after Forever and Ever, some of the characters we're loving in this drama may not show up in the second part. Some of the characters will also be played by new actors/actresses too. I was looking into this earlier today and was a bit sad when I found out. I've learned to really appreciate all the actors/actresses playing their characters in this drama. If there are a lot of forbidden storylines, I wanted to see them get their happy endings in the second part. Now my only hope is that they won't all have tragic endings like our main couple. :yoongibtspls:

This squad is the best. :cool:

OAO-13v3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Oooh @Tofu you nade me wanna continue watching now, :nervous: I havent reach the scene you mentioned. 

FX, okay, Im still trying to remember all their names right. They have so many names, hahaha

Agreed. These strong female generals are not many drama would tell. Last time it was in UTP I see how bravery the female heroes in war, I'm glad we could get another story of a brave female here. 

9 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Also, felt so bad watching Xiao Yu cry because Cui Feng loved her so much but they couldn't be together. 

Me too, I sense that when Cui asked to cancel SY's marriage. But I'm glad that SY's marriage got cancelled. She finally can escape from that guangling. Well, hate how obsessed he is even force her when she clearly pushed him away. 

OAO-13v3.gif

Oh I cant when I have to think how these famiky have to be scattered later. I love their faimily bonding so much!!

• Like 4

Episode 3 was very slow and I fast forward it but then episode 4 was very interesting. I enjoyed seeing the Empress who schemed to put her son on the throne. Never realizing the disservice she did to her son.  She made him weak and never taught him to stand on his own. Making it quite easy for him to be manipulated by the Eunuch ZT. She mistreated the Crown Prince for years which slowly turned him greedy. 
Shi Yi’s uncle was greedy but he wasn’t the best schemer and now that he has chosen to retire but it is too late because his niece will soon be dragged in the wicked schemes that goes on in the palace. Even though he did tell the crown Prince forget but will he really let it go. Smh smh 

Shi Yi can finally talk and all I fear that she may lose her voice again. Her love for the Prince is so strong that she spoke when he was in danger. I must admit this drama’s pace is a bit to slow. I hope it does finally pick up. 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Done ep 10, i just dont like how they end ep 10 like that, 

Spoiler

When FX warns SY not to come close, she keeps moving forward, aiyoo.. why would she do that? She knows well she could be an easy target. I dont like how the writer writes her this way. Kind of silly, contrary to how she was before. I'm expecting she has some brilliant plan behind this. Lol. 

Don't tell me the writer only create this for our shifu to rush rescuing her again. Aiyoo... so tropey ah. Hahaha

But the war scene is just great. The cinemathography is just amazing!! 

Ok, I'm all caught up, waiting for next episodes. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The song by Ren Jialun is so beautiful and painful at the same time. :letalQQ:

@UnniSara I'm actually interested to see how they will play the Emperor/Crown Prince part. I know the Crown Prince will go after Zhousheng Chen, but how will he do this with the Emperor around? Will he easily manipulate the Emperor? Can't wait to see more episodes this week!

From JangHaven's twitter.....this scene. :letalQQ::heart:

OAO-16v7.gif

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I don't know how true this is but apparently Forever and Ever's been tentatively scheduled for 9/8, the day after One and Only finished.  Let's hope this is is true and we don't have to wait even a week!  We're all going to need the modern drama to comfort us from One and Only's ending...

https://www.facebook.com/Chinese.Drama.Universe/posts/392713842250686

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

i am holding on for another 2 weeks hehe....but enjoy really some of ur previews here. yeahhhhh.....hopefully the forever and ever is out asap after this one finish. otherwise sean xiao and yangzi oath of love is confirmed on 8 sept. bet that one will be sweet. watch the previews. looks good. need some sweets after the bitter. watch sweet teeth now and just finish crush. 

• Like 4

@SnT Why are you not joining @IpohBanana and I in the Sweet Teeth thread?! I thought it might just be the two of us out of everyone here watching that drama. :laugh:

@themarchioness I hope there's not a long break between both parts too! I want to go from one drama to another because after One and Only, we'll need nothing but happiness.

Zhousheng Chen on his horse. Haha!

OAO-20v3.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Goodluck @Tofu, together with Oath Of Love? Be prepared to look like (panda eyes).

Hahahahaha!! I much prefer the two leads in this one, so I'll always watch this first and then Oath of Love after. :LarvitarSDab1:

By the way, One and Only will finish airing this Saturday for VVIP members! If you have the standard VIP membership on iQIYI, you'll have to share your link to be "liked" by other iQIYI members (there's a couple of us with iQIYI accounts here so please feel free to post it here). For those that are watching on a third party website, I think most of the time they have also released the advance episodes with subtitles. I know they did that with a couple of the iQIYI series the last few weeks. So crazy to think that this just aired last week! 

Tagging you, @SnT, because you wanted to wait until a few more episodes are out and now it seems like all of them will be out by the weekend!!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahahahaha!! I much prefer the two leads in this one, so I'll always watch this first and then Oath of Love after. :LarvitarSDab1:

By the way, One and Only will finish airing this Saturday for VVIP members! If you have the standard VIP membership on iQIYI, you'll have to share your link to be "liked" by other iQIYI members (there's a couple of us with iQIYI accounts here so please feel free to post it here). For those that are watching on a third party website, I think most of the time they have also released the advance episodes with subtitles. I know they did that with a couple of the iQIYI series the last few weeks. So crazy to think that this just aired last week! 

Tagging you, @SnT, because you wanted to wait until a few more episodes are out and now it seems like all of them will be out by the weekend!!

yipeee yabaaa do de di.....my weekend will be teary. thanks @Tofu for updating.

• Like 1
  • Party! 1