Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

Woah, super angry merciless Vincenzo has been unleashed. This is the mafia Vincenzo Cassano we've never seen before, not even when he was in Italy. The way he beat the guy and the eyes... bravo :1000: SJK.

@Darkarcana

Are you watching this drama? What do you think of the scene in the spoiler tag?

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Family photo

img.gif

source: likesgif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Well of course I couldn’t wait to watch the latest episode even though it means a two-week wait...

This episode made me teared up several times. But the highlight would be fully furious Vincenzo. I counted, besides the guy who killed his mother, he took down 10 other guys effortlessly otw to avenge for his mother. The way he let that killer led him to the partying (or arguing) foursome was very well done to show his steadfast rage and determination. And that was all awesome acting by SJK, all cold and unfeeling but yet hurting inside. The ending, gosh, I have to admit wanting him to just pew-pew shoot CMH and JJW and be done with it but of course that’s not gonna happen since we have 4 more episodes left. 

Man, that Choi Myung Hee! She and JJW are truly made for each other. How many people has she ordered death on? And both of them dancing to it?? I can understand that JJW has been diagnosed having psychopathic tendencies, but what is CMH’s excuse then? To think she was so chickened out at the laundromat, yet she is the most heartless person in this show. That’s why I so loved seeing her shuddered with blood splatters on her. At least WooSung’s boss and JHS are still trying not to have death counts on their hand. CMH and JJW seems to want to break a record in the body counts. 

Family photos... some of you know how I dreaded picture taking in a photo booth because it only spells incoming tragedy, so I was a bit relieved when they were taking the picture in a photo studio instead of a photo booth. But, I guess it’s still all the same 😓 At least we are shown that Vincenzo’s mother knew his real identity...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Today's episode is emotional roller coaster for me. I was feeling the pain when mother-son unleashing all the burden. They didn’t meet in the eye, they didn’t address anything to claim,but the way they're finding a way to work all of this actually beautifully done. Good job writer, director and the actors. 

I literally  forgot to breathe when Vin was smashing the killers face. Wow,SJK,wow. Your emotional shifting is something else. Hats off. 

HCY did her best in this time. Regret actually the hardest things of this world. She didn’t get the chance with her father but Vincenzo get it, even though  for a short time. She will be a good daughter-in-law indeed.(lol) 

The funny thing is I hate Babo and his new found love evil female lawyer, but I really laugh at them when they're dancing. I mean, come on Babo,get married already, I will depose nuclear bombs on your wedding! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, ssteph said:

His eyes

Thank you for the pic. VC's eyes at the end of the episode just killed me. This is Vincenzo who is not clowning around. This is Vincenzo who had been a mafia family consigliere and who got the job done coolly and efficiently, while pushing aside the emotions for a later time.

I think CMH and JJW has continued to underestimate who Vincenzo is and what his background means. I know it makes me sound bloodthirsty, but as much innocent blood as CMH has on her hands, I'm fine with VC just blowing her away. She is a total toxic wastedump. I was glad to see that she has actual blood splattering her. Though, really, CMH deserves life in prison getting beatdowns because no one can stand her.

I continue to be a bit disappointed by JJW. Hard to imagine that he is the genius who has been the Chairman behind the Chairman and truly running Babel for all those years? He's clearly off his rocker now. I did laugh at the craziness of JJW and CMH dancing to the thought of VC's mother's death.  It turned their evilness into a bit of a comic book scene, though I appreciated that it was supposed to enhance the disintegration of the 4, who were then shocked by the blood covered murderer joining their midst.

The younger JHS has been turning against his crazy brother anyway, but I wasn't expecting him to go all in with Jipuragi. That was kind of funny. It's clear that he looks up to Vincenzo actually, possibly because VC is the only one who has bested his brother who had seemed unassailable, and multiple times even.

I am really curious as to how they're going to end this drama. I'm still hoping for a happy ending.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I finally could sit down & enjoy episode 16... it was indeed awesome. Loved the emotional scenes between the mother & son. Fantastic acting from both (bravo!).

I just loved how both were holding back their tears when taking the family photos

img.gif

And the heart-to-heart talk later with them both full on crying. The restrained crying makes it even more heart-breaking (especially when I already know what's coming up next). Song Joong Ki cried beautifully in this scene.

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

source: DALH0NG

I'm still waiting for that moment when Cha Young let Vincenzo read Omma's letter.

The second highlight obviously is Vincenzo embracing his Mafia-ness. The "eyes" were awesome as he beats the crap out of the killer. I find it violent yet very impressed with the performances. I even liked the line, "Be understanding, she is my mother" and then clipped the guy's finger. Did he break it or took off his nails? Ewww.

And I second that it was so badass watching Vincenzo fight his way to Babo & Choi Myung Hee. My only little complaint perhaps is in the sound effects when Vincenzo was fighting Babo's guards. His fighting style seems to be the "break the bone" kind so a bit more bone breaking sound might give a better effect, just like the replayed of Daechang CEO falling onto the ground with a thud this time louder than it was shown in episode 15.

Ottokae? Jang Han Seo is getting cuter! He's evil too but he's such a cute puppy falling under Vincenzo's charm like everyone else. I think he genuinely looks up to VC and also knows it better not to provoke the beast.

All of a sudden I am reminded of a very cool metaphor I came across many years ago which fits Vincenzo perfectly, the word Yeongnin (逆鱗): The dragon, being a creature, may be tamed, played with in close quarters, and even ridden. However, below its throat are the inverted scales (yeongnin), each spanning one chi. The dragon would kill anyone touching them. A prince of men has those inverted scales too. Persuaders might have a chance at success, provided that they can avoid touching the inverted scales of the prince. Omma (and maybe Cha Young as well) is Vincenzo's yeongnin. @Chocolate Yeongnin is the original title of The Fatal Encounter 😊

Rewinding to the earlier scenes in episode 16, I thought it was super quick that Vincenzo got himself out of trouble. I literally LOL as well that his mouth said "Stop" but continued to pose for ex-gangster. :laugh:

Agree with @stroppyse that I'm also disappointed with Jang Han Seok/Jung Woo's character being written here. I thought Taecyeon would be doing more after coming out but all he does is just get angry, throw or break things and bully Han Seo. Where's the brain? He just relies on Choi Myung Hee and I don't know, why is Choi Myung Hee suddenly becoming so vicious? Just coz she is full of pride and kiasu (scared to lose)? If Jung Woo wants to be crazy, can he at least be like Heath Ledger's Joker crazy? Coz I think that'll make him more interesting and layered.

@ktcjdrama I don't want Vincenzo to go "pew pew" shoot them all (plus he was using silencer why there's still gunshot sounds from it?). That's just easy death for two people who absolutely do not deserve it. They need to experience excruciating pain and torture before they are allow to die (when both Cha Young and Vincenzo give their consent).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I am reserving the episodes for later since I have seen so many spoilers. But seeing this bit made me cry especially when we know now what happened to the mum :cry:

This particular set of knetz comments were about the kiss. Given the way the drama is headed, we know that romance will not be the focus till much later. 

More here: https://netizen-kore.com/2021/04/naver-tv-vincenzo-episode-14-comments-and-reactions.html

Spoiler

Song Joongki manages to enter the gallery, suddenly proposes to Jeon Yeobin with a wedding ring?!

Screenshot_2021-04-05_at_1.59.26_pm_50

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 2.00.55 pm

1. [+569][-4] Vincenzo’s voice should just be R-rated…

2. [+427][-4] Why do they suit each other so well ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+356][-3] It’s insane, a proposal ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It’s a fake one but it’s still insane

4. [+329][-2] Omg… I thought the writer of this drama was known for never putting in a kiss scene?

5. [+275][-1] No but they managed to swap the two who were going to propose to Cenzo and Chayoung ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

♨Behind Warning♨ Song Joongki  Jeon Yeobin, having their first kiss with the support of others >_<

(T/N: ‘Behind Warning’ is often used to mean that your parents might be watching your screen during an “inappropriate” or awkward scene)

Screenshot_2021-04-05_at_2.02.04_pm_50Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 2.06.14 pm

1. [+2247][-21] I don’t think there has ever been a kiss scene like this… Hong Chayoung’s tough kiss… And Cenzo responding to it was insane. I’m going to make my coffin here today… Wow

2. [+1833][-21] Seriously, Hong-Cha hitting him with a kiss first, I’m going to go insane

3. [+1790][-17] The writer-nim, who is famous for never having any romance in their work managed to create this masterpiece of a scene… To be honest, how can you not put melo when there’s a melo song…❤️

4. [+1488][-25] Ever since Cenzo grabbed her neck, I knew he was experienced… Sigh, he’s so sexy, it’s insane. What am I going to do, sigh, just thank you so much

5. [+1464][-8] Chayoung’s leading kiss and Cenzo diving into it were insane…

Song Joongi X Jeon Yeobin’s perfect couple-like combination, succeed in persuading the gallery director!! 

Screenshot_2021-04-05_at_1.55.05_pm_50

Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 1.57.15 pm

1. [+272][-5] I want to see Cenzo 💞 Chayoung getting married…

2. [+239][-1] It was so hard moving beyond to this scene

3. [+234][-3] The way he hugged her waist… And the way he pinched her cheek… It was too sweet…

4. [+212][-4] Chayoung’s imperfect English ㅋㅋㅋ I love it

5. [+176][-2] Hong-Cha’s English is making me dizzy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

This was some from eps 16. You can read more here: 

https://netizen-kore.com/2021/04/naver-tv-vincenzo-episode-16-comments-and-reactions.html

Spoiler

Tear Warning* Yoon Bokin’s sincerity to her son making Song Joongki sob

rsz_screenshot_2021-04-11_at_81539_pm

Screenshot 2021-04-11 at 8.22.51 pm

1. [+1208][-1] Wasn’t this the scene everyone was waiting for – darkened Cenzo

2. [+1039][-0] This is what you call darkening… If you mess with Vincenzo, this is what happens. I almost forgot but a mafia is a mafia after all

3. [+939][-1] Him flipping out and beating him was so cool… This kind of revenge is so exhilarating…

4. [+852][-2] Song Joongki’s flipping out acting was dope…

5. [+724][-0] Wow, Song Joongki’s acting was insane. I forgot to breathe while watching this. It’s not just his face that is insane

Screenshot 2021-04-11 at 8.15.13 pm

1. [+580][-1] I feel like they both know… They show their sincerity from their respective positions without saying anything. I seriously cried when I saw Cenzo silently sobbing…

2. [+479][-1] Today’s acting was completed by this mother and son… They both know that they are each other’s mother and son but pretending they don’t know and holding back their tears – their actings were incredible,,, ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+406][-0] Song Joongki’s acting is insane… There are jewels dropping from his eyes…

4. [+330][-1] They both already know so she’s just saying what she would say to her son in front of her son… ㅠ

5. [+305][-2] The mother knows ㅠ Oh no ㅠㅠ I seriously sobbed ㅠ

Appreciation for SJK's acting

[Killing Aura Ending] Song Joongki, who has lost his world, showing the true killing aura of a mafia who has nothing to lose

rsz_screenshot_2021-04-11_at_82858_pmScreenshot 2021-04-11 at 8.33.33 pm

1. [+3295][-6] Who else wants him to shoot Choi Myunghee first? ✋

2. [+2196][-9] This was the legend of all legends. This scene’s acting, directing and emotions were all perfect

3. [+2132][-19] I saw Wonbin’s gaze from ‘The Man From Nowhere’ in Song Joongki’s eyes

4. [+1996][-4] Lawyer Choi is a psycho as well… How can you only know how scary Jang Hanseok is, rather than Vincenzo when you were beaten by him all this time… I seriously hope that she gets everything in return slowly and painfully

5. [+1706][-6] Can someone knock me out and wake me up in 2 weeks’ time…

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I finally could sit down & enjoy episode 16... it was indeed awesome. Loved the emotional scenes between the mother & son. Fantastic acting from both (bravo!).

I just loved how both were holding back their tears when taking the family photos

And the heart-to-heart talk later with them both full on crying. The restrained crying makes it even more heart-breaking (especially when I already know what's coming up next). Song Joong Ki cried beautifully in this scene.

Those are beautiful gifs. I dozed off just before they went on the outing and woke up just when Vincenzo entered the hospital room and discovered his mother has been killed. Looking at all your posts, I think I won't go back to re-watch to save the tissues 😭

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Yeongnin is the original title of The Fatal Encounter 😊

Thanks for the background 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 3

i don't remember seeing such detailed acting in recent past from any actor.... i am still savoring it.... the moment I thought I have seen all ranges of emotions from SJK , he surprises me... 

Song Joong Ki , pls come back soon.... Dramaland is complete dry without you...

after this he will go for bogota , who knows when will be the next drama.... hopefully he will not take such long time....

@mademoiselle

@Chocolate just go and watch it for his effortless crying.... 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@Chocolate Noooooo! OMG, which part did you miss? Go back!!! You cannot miss the son and mother's convo!

Back then after reading what Yeongnin meant, I thought Yeongnin is a much cooler title than The Fatal Encounter. Since HB plays the king and king/emperor = dragon. As it can also means "The wrath of the King". It's a much more apt title.

2e73ce7fbdd1eae585cf179b92698fd4a0dec5d2

Have to say I was surprised Han Seo managed to dodge this. He is getting skillful ~ lol.

5096bac82325a518228d107f6000fe06d53650a2

And he's so proud he dodges it... lol

source: liveslikebutterflies

@movingwheel I just belatedly realise both your ultimate bias/Oppa deul are playing gangster. You're moving from Italian Mafia to Yakuza next. Hahahahaha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

@mademoiselle looks like this year will be in the name of Yakuza and Mafia... :D not that I am complaining ;)

as you are already aware , I don't crush on huge number of oppas , rest all are performances for me.... I crush hard on a very few people... and let me name those...

Lee Min Ho

Lee Jong Suk

Lee Seung Gi

Gong Yoo

Lee Dong Wook

So Ji Sub

Hyun Bin

Ju Ji Hoon

Song Joong Ki

Nam Joo Hyuk (although he would not be oppa)

Lee Byung Hun ( i dont crush him much but i love his performances)

Kim Soo-Hyun

These are the Actors for whom I will sit in front of the screen at least but very few performances can be able to hold me till end. I am very picky as you can see... I do have the names for Actresses as well but that's for another time....

This year is going to be busy.... three of my fav actresses are coming up with their dramas.... Jun Ji Hyun , Song Hye Kyo and Kim Tae Ri... so literally cannot wait... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home