Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

Haven't been online for so long cos of work! Up to my eyeballs in it, but a new colleague has arrived so have got a bit of breathing space. 

Just finished watching the latest episode. Have to say it's getting to be quite a brutal bloodbath. I like the idea that Han Seo is still an ally - there are many conversations that we know happened but have not seen yet - but one sense that in the world of the Mafia, even where family loyalty is prized, affiliations between families can switch. Who's really working for the benefit of the Cassanos and who's not?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

I just saw a cut of Vincenzo visiting Jun Woo in jail. Jun Woo asked why V is letting him live. And the way SJK's facial expression and eyes transitioned were awesome. :wow: I love watching acting like this.

he makes me go weak in my knees.... this drama is also an invention of SJK's acting...the range of emotions he showed.... Daebak.... no words.... 

if this kind of acting + popularity do not make him win Daesang , then I will forever wonder what will make him win... i have seen Flower of Evil as well... I don't think Lee Joon Gi was this good... he was good no doubt but this is the kind of performance which I will never forget.... I got over FOE pretty soon... i am sorry that I am comparing....but this is Gem,.... and one should definitely voice her opinion without sounding rude...

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I peek.

Hurray! Han Seo didn't betray Vincenzo! And it was all for show! :Party01:

I am so happy too!!

This scene was hilarious ...he asked VC to shoot him where there was more flesh or something...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@ktcjdrama Mafia couple romance slow like tortoise - but I take this as a good sign since she learned some Italian words to bid him farewell

Spoiler

Baahahaha he did come back though he says it was for the bird! :smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

he came back and rocked the Scene... @abs-oluteM

Can't believe this drama is coming to end.... i will have withdrawal symptoms... more than anything.... mafia couple stole my heart and both SJK and JYB separately too... i will surely look forward to her new projects....

Again I am happy that this drama cemented him as an A lister once again.... can't be more proud for this guy...

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I just saw a cut of Vincenzo visiting Jun Woo in jail. Jun Woo asked why V is letting him live. And the way SJK's facial expression and eyes transitioned were awesome. I love watching acting like this.

2 hours ago, movingwheel said:

he makes me go weak in my knees.... this drama is also an invention of SJK's acting...the range of emotions he showed.... Daebak.... no words.... 

Agreeing with the two of you... I actually rewinded some scenes even while watching, before reaching the end. And the whole time I was thinking, how can Vincenzo, I mean SJK, become handsomer and handsomer even within one episode :wow: swooooon and drop dead....

I'm glad he didn't end up flying off to Italy. The goodbyes with Geumga-deul are much needed though, so that he knows for sure for himself what and who he will be missing if he really leaves. 

Two more episodes... At first I was a bit worried when Babo was already put in jail, asking myself, is it a bit too early for "victory"? I dread if there's a turn-around towards the end for some angsty scenes. But now, I think I'm pretty certain what we'll continue to see in the remaining two episodes is just the hows of Cassano Family fighting the big bad(s) and retain their plaza and obtain their gold. I just remembered that besides taking down Babel, there's also the side story of the Guillotine File. And the gold, LOL... of course the gold is what started it all. They're in safe place now, only the monks know, and VC. Wonder how many days they needed to transfer those gold using their sack-packs :laugh:

One thing I'm not at ease with is why Bye-Bye Balloon giving VC one free ticket? I don't think I want to see VC using the ticket, especially if flying solo. But the writer wouldn't have written that scene in if it won't serve a purpose later. Anyway, kinda sad that next week is the finale week already... sigh...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdramaThe drama is oddly entertaining though very much darker than I thought it would be. I found the bombing that killed one of his earliest henchmen most disturbing. Didn't think he would treat them as being so dispensable. I too wonder what's with the bye bye balloon, but the twists and turns have been quite interesting and clever so far. Maybe the bye bye ballon will send CMH off to goodness knows where. Heh heh heh...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
8 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Who's really working for the benefit of the Cassanos and who's not?

Right? I get a bit of whiplash figuring out who the actual sides are and who is working for whose interest. I just know that Team Cassano is VC, HCY, and the other Plaza Geumga people. I'm suspicious of any others until the end. Though, Team Cassano/Plaza Geumga seem to get bigger all the time. I loved that during the goodbyes, VC casually calls the ex-gangster "hyung", totally making his day.

Also, I'm really happy that JHS is now on the same side as VC. I think his answer to VC as to why he's giving up the offer of the chairmanship even in order to side with VC, that he feels VC is like an older brother to him, is probably right. Despite being the chairman of Babel, JHS always knew that he was just a puppet to his older brother who has a pattern of mistreating him and humiliating him, and he was disrespected personally by people even when they were kowtowing to his position. VC, despite everything, at least treats him like a person rather than looking down on him and talks straight with him for the most part. I think JHS was craving a little affection and attention from someone he could look up to, and VC is the one who came along who seems to be the most powerful person around and also gives him some attention and talks to him.

Anyway, I really liked ep 18 and how it all played out. Even though I was dismayed when Luca showed up looking for some help and VC decided to go back to Italy for a bit to save his Italian family, I held on to the very end wondering if VC would really go when his Korean family clearly still needed him.

Btw, I actually appreciate that they brought in another, bigger Evil into the story. With the importance of the Guillotine file, it didn't make sense that Babel was the top Evil looking for it. So, it makes sense that the Elder who is the kingmaker of the country is sending his henchmen after it.

Btw, this idea of an Elder who actually holds the reins of politics in SK is so common, I've started to wonder whether such a figure really exists?

Also, I do wonder at what the solution for the Italian family is. I only have 2 guesses. 1. It was a put on job to get VC out of Korea using Luca as bait, and VC discovers that before the plane takes off. 2. VC calls Interpol on Paolo, and then somehow shows Luca how to on a position of leadership. Any other guesses? Hmm, maybe we should put a poll together once we have more guesses? @movingwheel? Anyway, we'll find out for sure next week.

7 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

i am just thinking what will be the ending for Vincenzo and Cha Young.... PD Nim better not give us an open ending but looking at it , it does seem like an open ending in the end....

It could be an open ending, though clearly, VC and HCY have feelings for each other now. We've seen scenes with VC thinking about HCY before, but now we have explicit scenes with HCY thinking about VC. I wonder if after they use the Guillotine file to bring the powers that be down, they both go off on the balloon to another country, at least until the heat dies down in SK?

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

i am just thinking what will be the ending for Vincenzo and Cha Young.... PD Nim better not give us an open ending but looking at it , it does seem like an open ending in the end....

Let's have faith. With an OST dedicated just for them, I'm pretty sure we'll see something :smile: Here, let this remind us.

And VC last scene on the plane, although it was made to look like he is missing Inzaghi because of the book title "How to befriend a bird", he was actually looking at the pen engraved with his name. Yeah, he may say that he returned because he forgot to prepare Inzaghi's feed, but we know the real reason.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@stroppyse i have a feeling that they will not throw much light on his italian escapade.... there will just be information on how things shaped up and how he tackled it.... let's see what happens in next week...

at this point of time , everyone is merely puppet in the hands of vincenzo.... only HCY , Mr. Nam and Geumga Plaza ppl are left out.... it is not possible that vincenzo did not know that Mr. Cho will be attacked... when VC said that he came back because he forgot to give food to inzaghi... Mr. Cho almost cracked.... and then there is a knowing-it-all eyebrow raise in that scene before SJK smirk... he knew and he understood...probably he plotted it..

Like he said he is a cat which is full and he is just playing with his mouse...

@ktcjdrama latest OST is amazing... just listen to it... i would like to believe that there will be more to VC and HCY now that the third OST has been released... that a loop that should be closed by the writer and PD.... let's see how things shape up..

I have another huge doubt about Jang Han Seo's life... he kind of gave away to Jang Han Seok that he is becoming smarter... that might put his life in jeopardy... i just hope that they do not kill him off after such a heartfelt brotherly conversation with VC... 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

9 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

I have another huge doubt about Jang Han Seo's life... he kind of gave away to Jang Han Seok that he is becoming smarter... that might put his life in jeopardy... i just hope that they do not kill him off after such a heartfelt brotherly conversation with VC... 

O yes, this part!!... I also thought, did he give away his positioning way too prematurely? I thought he should still keep up the act. Unless he is so certain Babo not ever coming out of prison, ever. I also do not wish any harm come his way. He needs to lead Babel (or whatever is left of it at the end) well, haha... So far Babo only asked CMY to keep an eye on him, at least he hasn't instructed CMY to take any action, and he also has not disclosed to CMY about what exactly he was suspecting. 

When do you guys think CMY will get her turn? Ep.19 or 20? Will Chief Prosecutor Han also be fixed by VC? or will he be pardoned because he is doing the bidding of VC and he didn't really have a hand in VC mother's death? 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

16 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

They kidnap HCY perhaps...

Please... oh, I hope not. I don't want HCY to become a damsel in distress that needs rescuing. No. She is a fighter on her own, please writer-nim, don't reduce her into the stereotype heroine that must depend on the hero.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Please... oh, I hope not. I don't want HCY to become a damsel in distress that needs rescuing. No. She is a fighter on her own, please writer-nim, don't reduce her into the stereotype heroine that must depend on the hero.

she is a fighter and she can fight by hook or by crook.... but that does not mean her hands are red with blood like Choi Myung Hee and Jang Han Sook... them winning by hook or by crook means killing people but that does not exist in her book.... i think it will not be about being damsel in distress.... it will be about difference in basic values... i think its a perfectly well planned sequence.... Vincenzo can handle killing but HCY cannot....she will need his help but that does not mean that she is a damsel in distress....

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :