Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

12 hours ago, gilaswan said:

So the killing of Interpol and all that was imaginary? Just Han Seo's story to his brother?

There were 2 versions involving interpol:

1. Interpol officers shot in the container. The korean officers were told to clean up.

2. Vincenzo gave both sets of officers a USB as a bargain.

I think the 2nd one was real. The 1st one was the story Han Seo reported back to Babo.

So far the show has been quite intelligent. But I thought the way Jang Joo Woo went to prison was a bit silly. Firstly, he is filthy rich and can easily hire tons of bodyguards to protect him. Or he can go overseas. There are tons of ways. No one willingly goes to jail - it is a stupid idea. Secondly, Choi Myung Hee has not been effective for some time. And the way she cowers in front of Vincenzo, frankly, should not inspire great confidence in her boss. So I don't know why Joo Woo still trusts and depends on her so much. Lastly, the government officials have already shown that they are no longer supporting him. Why would he think he would be safe in prison? That is the most unsafe place as anyone can be hired to kill you and you can't run.

So I am disappointed with this turn. It's too easy for Vincenzo to win this way. But then again, Jang Joo Woo and Choi Myung Hee have been shown to be weak opponents. From the beginning, they have been losing to Vincenzo. Yes, they get a couple of kills here and there, but strategy wise, they are severely lacking. In fact, the death of Vincenzo's mother is really sheer carelessness on the part of Vincenzo - again, another easy plot line for the writer.

Of course at the end of the day

Spoiler

Just let the poor boy out of jail! 😭😭😭😂😂😂

c6X92ye.png

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Why would he think he would be safe in prison? That is the most unsafe place as anyone can be hired to kill you and you can't run.

I have to agree on this bit, because even earlier on, CMY already hired someone to kill another person in prison. That someone was the one she get to kill VC's mother. (right? I didn't confuse the plot with another drama, did I? lol... no time to check now)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I love VC's expression at the airport when CY spewed some Italian to him - he was almost expecting some sort of confession from her CY. SJK's eye expression has been very impressive through out the show. I think they will give us some sort of "open ended"  romance - maybe kind of tease us that they are together. But I hope I am wrong - I just want one more nice kiss! I waited so long to see SJK kiss after DOTS. So cruel to  just gimme like one  after 5 years :nervous:

I have no doubt that Babel and Babo , plus Zumba Choi will have their due punishment. The only I am thing I am curious about now is how they will use the Bye Bye Balloon ticket? 

@stroppyse can trouble you to translate preview eps 19 plus the written one posted above by @ssteph?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I know what it means but it's still come off hilarious. You guys made it sound like SJK hadn't kissed anyone for 5 years :laugh: I'm with you guys there too, would be nice to see a real kiss (as in them confirming each other's feelings) in the finale.

Last night I said I was impressed with SJK's acting but actually Taecyeon too gave a good reaction to his change of expression. The menacing look from Joong Ki was awesome. I liked what he mentioned about his nickname. I'm almost intrigued that the character did that. However by telling us this, it sets up an even higher expectation if Jun Woo die too easily. If Vin tortured the killer who killed his foster parents for 2 years, I'm expecting him to give Jun Woo double since it's his birth mother. In all honesty, I feel that the "toying/torturing" at the moment could have bit a lot more worse. I somehow expecting more and worse for Jun Woo and Choi Myung Hee (she hasn't got her punishment yet!)

img.gif

source: DalH0ng

I'm really curious as to where the gold is. The residents mentioned the monks have been going out a lot so they must have moved it themselves (in those backpack??). However how did they open it? With the help of hacker/piano lady or not? This I look forward to the answer.

Han Seo is really growing on me and I wish he hadn't said what he said to Jun Woo so soon. Kwak Dong Yeon is quite versatile - having done a wide variety of roles (which is always older than his real age (24), lol). When I knew of him, he was only 19-20 in Love in the Moonlight.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

A translation of ep 19 preview

JJW: Come to me so that no one knows. By yourself.
VC: This time, you really can stay out of it, Lawyer-nim.
HCY: The law, you don’t respect it the least bit.
CMH: The only one who can face off against Vincenzo is Chairman Jang Han Seok.
HCY: No matter how much I think about it, you’re not even a human being.
Man: If anything happens to Lawyer Hong Cha Young, you’ll die.
JJW: Because I want to see you die first.
VC: Whether you want to make amends or not, I don’t care. You’re going to suffer beyond anything you can imagine.

I may have to edit this later when I get another chance to listen to it. Some of the lines aren't very clear.

• Thanks 5
7 hours ago, ssteph said:

Text preview episode 19

Ez4cn8gUcAEjN3N?format=jpg&name=900x900

Summoning @stroppyse here....  :D :D 

Translation of text preview for ep 19

Vincenzo has returned. Having already planned with Cha Young to rescue CEO Jo, Chief Kim and several colleagues had blocked the way already.
Vincenzo and Cha Young prepare for Babel Group’s final trial.
Backed into a corner, Myung Hee gets Jung Woo out of prison without Vincenzo and Cha Young finding out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Tbh, there is one thing I didn’t like about the way JJW and CMH are written. They’re always shown to be utterly and genuinely afraid of Vincenzo (with a gun) but when they don’t see him, they’re back to all smug, and continued to provoke him, instead of mending their ways. It feels quite inconsistent to me. Or is it because they’re simply obstinate arrogant idiots? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Tbh, there is one thing I didn’t like about the way JJW and CMH are written. They’re always shown to be utterly and genuinely afraid of Vincenzo (with a gun) but when they don’t see him, they’re back to all smug, and continued to provoke him, instead of mending their ways. It feels quite inconsistent to me. Or is it because they’re simply obstinate arrogant idiots? 

I think like you said , they are idiots. Or perhaps because of this writer’s style to include comedy, they come across as caricature type villains ? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think like you said , they are idiots. Or perhaps because of this writer’s style to include comedy, they come across as caricature type villains ? 

:laugh:Remember the boss of WS when eating with Vincenzo at the private room? He is all smug because he’s risen to the position of Chief Prosecutor, banging the table for his minions to come in, thinking that Vince is not armed, and then the 180 degree change when Vince took out the gun and started shooting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Lol guys, the gif & caption are not from me. I was sharing what I keep seeing online (started from The qoo I guess) where people is noting he's lost weight.

That said, there are actors who gained weight instead on set. LMH (Faith) and KSH (Star). At one point their faces were bloated from fatigue or stress.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1