Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Aww man, I feel like staying up to watch this episode!

Must say I love the BGM of the scene he shot Jun Woo's ear! He should've shot Choi Myung Hee's ear too! One in the left and the other in the right so they can be the perfect pair! Hmph.

ahahaah...yes he should have also taught CMH a good lesson.  I am also waiting for NF to release the eps

Hmmm

@LaLa explained what happened here.

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

A translation of ep 18

JJW: Let’s finish them. They’re useless pawns now.
HCY: Who are you?
JJW: Just kill them.
HCY: It’s not that I want to just make it look cleaner. I want to make a complete spectacle of it!
HCY: Everything having to do with Babel Tower, I’m going to pull it out by the roots!
JJW: What the heck is that now? Aish. Let’s go! Let’s go!
JHS: It’s all for my older brother.
HCY: You won’t be able to live peacefully. Since I’m going to send you back again.

No VC in the preview, but I can't believe that he's dead or even seriously injured. We'll have to see until ep 18, but it seems as if it's going to be a bit of an all out war between Team Cassano and Team Evil Idiots, even without explicitly seeing VC.

• Thanks 4

I really did stay up to watch it and they give me this ending, lol.

I don't think he's dead. It looks like he was shot on the shoulder. He's probably pretending retreat (hide behind the scene) and let Cha Young do the attack.

---

:wow:

img.gif

"The tear"

46f41f3525dbbc7bee5ee4b7a7b0294c.gif

source: saram_sarang

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5
  • Star Struck 1

What a twist for the cliffhanger, although we know for sure that VC can’t be dead. The big question is whether JHS was acting along, or he really did betray VC because of greed... Those conversations though, before the Interpol entered, if that was just for show, who is it for? I’d really like to think that it’s just another plotting for the bigger party. JHS was trying to decide who to side with. Surely he has enough brain to know that VC is more powerful than his psycho half-brother? 

Anyway, it was so satisfying watching the beginning of the episode when VC was moving his aimed gun among the four of them, like trying to decide who to shoot first. I love seeing Choi and Babo cowering in fear on the ground. And I love that VC left with an “appetizer”. You’re right @mademoiselle he should have shot Choi’s ear as well 😆

Was fist-pumping, and then the next minute it was teary eyes time. Oh man, seeing how he grieved for his mother, then the letter from his mother, and then when Ahn-gun said we’re your Cassano family... 

True to his words towards HCY, VC killed off the two lackeys, directly and indirectly... I honestly kinda feel bad for them because IMO, they’ve turned around to serve him instead. It didn’t sit well with me that he made promises to them and didn’t honor them. I’d rather he never made those promises, and dispose of them accordingly.

Btw, I read up on Elizabeth Holmes. She is basically a failed CEO charged with fraud. Very interesting business story. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, ssteph said:

@stroppyse text preview episode 18

EzvuUVjVIAIWwxY?format=jpg&name=medium

Translation:

Having received Han Seo’s call and gone to the ice skating rink, Vincenzo gets shot by a bullet and is in danger of being sent back to his country.
The Babel Tower auction VIPs, since things did not go as intended, start distrusting Jung Joon Woo.
Joon Woo becomes worried at the feeling of losing his chess pieces.
Meanwhile, CEO Jo who knows about the secret room beneath the Nanyak Temple, starts being pursued by someone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I want to put a lil' bit of faith in Han Seo—that he didn't betray Vincenzo. That he shot Vincenzo because it allows Vincenzo to stay in Korea and not be deported immediately by the interpol. With a gunshot wound, they'll have to treat him first.

Feels like there should be a scene in the finale that when Vincenzo is finished with Babel, he'll return to Italy to deal with Paolo (or charge Luca to do the job for him).

I had to nitpick the appetizer scene a little. With such close range blow to the ear, Joon Woo would have lost the ear lobe (or at least the lower part). CG could have taken care of it if they can't do it with makeup. I mean, if I'm Vincenzo, I would definitely take out the whole of that ear, as the appetizer for pain. Same with Choi Myung Hee. I'm also intrigued that Taecyeon happens to have a mole on that lower ear lobe so I imagined the intention was Vincenzo aiming it at that tiny mole as the target.

Like you @ktcjdrama, I fully enjoyed seeing them cowering in fear, especially Choi Myung Hee. It's quite satisfying.

I was quite alright with the grieving scene up until the Geumga plaza residents waited for Vincenzo and the tteokboki lady boss gave Vincenzo a hug. :pandasadspoon: My eyes blurred immediately when Agent Ahn said they are Cassano family (and laughed too because he's the one who said it - the Cassano fanboy, lol).

That new character - future President - is going to be a tough opponent too since they hired this actor to play the role. I've watched him play so many villainy crucial role. However I think he's got the most to lose as well since he's just a step away from being the next President.

I kind of think the monks have already worked with Vincenzo in moving the golds. They seem to struck a deal/plan with Vincenzo coming out of there with a smirk. Vincenzo is an awesome strategist so I think he's prepared.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

want to put a lil' bit of faith in Han Seo—that he didn't betray Vincenzo. That he shot Vincenzo because it allows Vincenzo to stay in Korea and not be deported immediately by the interpol. With a gunshot wound, they'll have to treat him first.

Can we? I hope so , I love hockey brothers bromance. This PD/ Writer likes to tease us , so all is possible. Only thing is that VC shed a tear at the end , so that cast some doubt of HS's intentions. I agree with your speculations about the monks & the gold.

(Those walking gifs are awesome. I should use for my profile :D)

The one thing that VC does need to come clean with the Geumga residents  is the gold bit - they know about it and I have a feeling by now they know that this was what VC came here for in the 1st place. Since they treat him like family, he needs to perhaps repay the trust. 

@ktcjdrama I also had to look up who Elizabeth Holmes is. I think I did read about her then but my brain don't seem to retain non-drama information. LOL!

--------------

The man who makes @Chocolate  hot , takes us behind the scenes of the set

Bonus - BTS to his recent pictorial

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

32 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama I also had to look up who Elizabeth Holmes is. I think I did read about her then but my brain don't seem to retain non-drama information. LOL!

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Btw, I read up on Elizabeth Holmes. She is basically a failed CEO charged with fraud. Very interesting business story. 

I actually did a spit laugh when JJW told JHS to be an entrepreneur like Elizabeth Holmes. She's famous for starting a health company that turned out to be a massive fraud. Their main product claimed to be able to run a range of blood tests using a very small amount of blood, e.g. a pinprick. Just for comparison, a blood test may take 1 ml or more of blood to run a test, depending on the test. In the ER, when we had to run a standard panel, we typically took about 10 ml of blood, but more blood can be taken depending on the tests ordered. This is significantly more than you would get from a pinprick. 

Anyway, Elizabeth Holmes was based in the Bay Area in California. Since JJW is supposed to have gone to uni at Stanford which is near where her company was, he would have been familiar with the case, especially having studied law. So, JJW was basically telling his little brother to run a massively fraudulent company with his comment. JHS does not pick up on it, and we really shouldn't expect him to pick up on it since JHS is only now actually studying business management and reading about business leaders.

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

want to put a lil' bit of faith in Han Seo—that he didn't betray Vincenzo. That he shot Vincenzo because it allows Vincenzo to stay in Korea and not be deported immediately by the interpol. With a gunshot wound, they'll have to treat him first.

I'm also hoping that it was a planned scheme between VC and JHS rather than that JHS was quick to betray VC as soon as JHS felt he had gotten some recognition from JJW.

29 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

what an analogy...

I like that queen fight. I felt that HCY has been gearing up to deal with CMH, so it'll be good to see them maneuvering around each other. HCY actually had to become more ruthless to deal with CMH. CMH was already playing dirty, including being fine with taking lives, innocent or not, in pursuit of her goals. HCY had to develop some ruthlessness of her own in taking on such a monster.

At this point, I think it would be really good to see CMH being utterly humiliated and lose her lawyer's license, not to mention have to go to jail for the rest of her life.

49 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The one thing that VC does need to come clean with the Geumga residents  is the gold bit - they know about it and I have a feeling by now they know that this was what VC came here for in the 1st place. Since they treat him like family, he needs to perhaps repay the trust. 

I think VC will cut them in for some of the gold, but the question is how much, I would have thought. The residents already think of the gold as theirs, so will probably want full shares. Then again, there is a LOT of gold there, so VC can probably afford to just divvy it up with everyone.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Only thing is that VC shed a tear at the end, so that cast some doubt of HS's intentions. I agree with your speculations about the monks & the gold.

Tear - I'm going to go with it's tear of pain. xD There really is no reason for Vincenzo to cry from betrayal because he's not even close with Han Seo, let alone really trust him.

I wanted to use chess metaphor last night but thought the better of it. But I'm trying again anyway~ Vincenzo as the Knight is moving backwards on the chess board (retreating) and sending the Queen forward. LOL but then I am no chess player, let alone knows the rules so I had to google xDDD *Fingers crossed I'm not embarassing myself for trying :laugh:

Song Joong Ki's IG

Does he manage this IG account himself (as well as the agency) or just the agency, @ssteph?

More at https://www.instagram.com/p/COE5t_ChMmW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is a quite a nice writeup for Vincenzo/Cha Yong fans.

Spoiler

EzynTguWYAASiup?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EzynUQdXEAMja1y?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Source: @luovekoo

For me, I was screaming because: Please don't disfigure him! 😭😂

a769b95752aaf8fe953ebdbdb0a6e4b0e51cb6df

be81a41515f8774f07b7ac25875babc1cc484fa6

ff8e9866a36b6289b914b77b55e2ae0204957680

Source: https://httpdrama.tumblr.com/post/649382605062537216

Taecyeon is really good looking when he doesn't smile. He has a certain style that is very attractive. But when he smiles, he looks like he needs braces and showing too much gums 😂

• Haha 5