Mr.Queen 철인왕후 [2020-2021]

4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

No, last week was busy at work so didn't have time. Plus, the clip was already available online.

Is it? I don't see it on tvN. It has to be watched with subtitles though then it adds on the humour.

The BTS ended that scene so abruptly though lol. And again, I'm not seeing this BTS on tvN~ aish, don't tell me tvN is already starting to restrict countries from viewing some videos.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

This drama is really good for the comedy. Much thanks to the two leads. Every episode, there is something that makes us laugh out loud. Plus the supporting cast add to the humour too.

The writing for the palace intrigue can however be improved. But no one really cares since the other parts are so enjoyable 😂

Yeah I love the humour and it's refreshing too being a sageuk.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Is it? I don't see it on tvN. It has to be watched with subtitles though then it adds on the humour.

The BTS ended that scene so abruptly though lol. And again, I'm not seeing this BTS on tvN~ aish, don't tell me tvN is already starting to restrict countries from viewing some videos.

I have that problem too. Even when I set the VPN to South Korea, I still can't see the korean programmes.

Here is the cut for the Tango/Make Out Scene 🔥🔥🔥

(Sorry, there's a bit of sound static from my PC)

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Tasty 1
On 2/8/2021 at 4:19 PM, Chocolate said:

What was the GPG ending?

You sure wanna know? 🤣

Spoiler

The ending the chef returned to present time into his body, then he meets again with the king in modern world, eyes locking, shocked, mixed feelings unexplainable, the end. How stupid if I may say, and sorry to sound a bit rude. I got curious to how it comes close to the Kversion, mostly the core elements of ita story and conflicts are in sync, the difference is the kversion execution are much more well done and brilliant. So I hope they can make something differrnt for the ending. If they go on the same ending, it would be a total waste imo. 

• Insightful 1
  • Shocked 2
14 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@Alice Wonderland Oh no! That's bad!

Hide contents

So was the king a man or woman in the modern times? 🤣 Because chef is a man 😅

So they didn't show what happened to the king and queen in joseon times?

I told you its ending is rediculously stupid. Hahaha

Spoiler

The king returned to modern world just look like the same he was from the ancient time. Bwahahaha. So man and a man reunion. Lols. 

The king and queen in GPG version are all  dead. Some flashback of the two are dancing till the camera pans onto the present time. Silly right?? Hahaha. Well. This is my opinion tho, other who have watched may have different thoughts in this. 

But some says that this GPG has three kinds of different ending, I didnt find the clips tho, just read the different parts, tje tragic one I told above, then this one too, I forgot the third. Lol

Spoiler

where the chef choose to stay as the woman (the queen) and live with the prince (king cheol jeong)

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Insightful 3

The original ending is from the novel which is The King faked his death and reunited with The Queen and they live happily ever after as commoners while the son become The Next King.

GPG is a controversial drama in China because of the "insensitive" contents of boobies and crotch shots also the openly homosexual relationship. The drama got cut mercilessly by the mighty Department of Censorship hence the 3 different endings.

• Insightful 4
8 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The original ending is from the novel which is The King faked his death and reunited with The Queen and they live happily ever after as commoners while the son become The Next King.

GPG is a controversial drama in China because of the "insensitive" contents of boobies and crotch shots also the openly homosexual relationship. The drama got cut mercilessly by the mighty Department of Censorship hence the 3 different endings.

So in the novel, they left the child alone in the palace? Or the Queen was banished/"died" and the King joined her later?

GPG wouldn't pass Singapore censorship too. I'm amazed it was even allowed to be screened at all in China.

Yikes @Alice Wonderland Second ending better but doesn't address the future for Bong Hwan. I feel there should be a resolution there, no matter how minor.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

So in the novel, they left the child alone in the palace? Or the Queen was banished/"died" and the King joined her later?

The child is grown and become The King to replaced Dad. So they FF the timeline. The King faked his death and The Queen was mourning for certain period of time (forgot..haha) after that The King finds her and they live as commoners.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
1 minute ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The child is grown and become The King to replaced Dad. So they FF the timeline. The King faked his death and The Queen was mourning for certain period of time (forgot..haha) after that The King finds her and they live as commoners.

This is nice. And I think it's coming to Mr. Queen. 

And I am sad that choi sanggung is slashed with tha sword. Hope some magical miracle saves her and also HY??? Hope she  can escapes from the killing guards who chase her. 

@Chocolate lols. I wonder why would they ruin the novel by making those stupid drama adaptation. Reading from what osmanthus reviewed, the novel is just fine and polite. How could they turn it to be that silly opera?? Lols.

• Haha 3

@Chocolate Ohh is that a new still? Or was it just a bts still?

They're holding some useful weapons they can get, r they preapring for a war or something? 

Hopefully they r all saved. I have seen enouch tragic ending for saguk dramas. This one is kind of a fresh new than the usual, so I hope tue ending would be happy ending. You know I love happy ending and never get bored of it. 

• Like 3

EttqVQHVcAQskvz?format=jpg&name=large

Thanks @Chocolate for this photo, because when I was watching this a while ago, I am like YEAH , girl power! :lol: 

I like how the gender bender roles had been constant in this series, and while I am getting anxious of what will happen to SoBong 's little tiger, I am like ALL IN SoBong coming to the rescue to search for her Choljeongie !

I think the novel ending will be the path for the story , coinciding with the events of the history--they already made creative freedom on this one, with Cheoljong already pronounced 'dead' even before Cheorin gave birth to their presumptive heir. 

Two more episodes to go! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor